Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Cutting off small un-colonized part
    #2512937 - 04/01/04 10:08 PM (20 years, 8 hours ago)

If i wanted to hurry up the fruiting of two cakes that are about 90 percent done, would it be ok to cut off the un colonized part so they could be fruiting sooner. I was wondering if this would make it so i get smaller/less potent shrooms because the jar isnt done or something. I want to have shrooms when me and my girlfriend go to the beach, so I wanted to know if this would be ok. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Cutting off small un-colonized part [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2514005 - 04/01/04 10:53 PM (20 years, 7 hours ago)

Bump.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2514630 - 04/01/04 11:17 PM (20 years, 7 hours ago)

If your gonna be putting uncolonized substrate into a fruiting chamber it will be the first place for contams to take hold. The best thing an impatient person could do with an uncolonized cake is to cruble and case it in verm. give the casing a few days to grow out and fruit that. less time and large yield.

sM

--------------------

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Cutting off small un-colonized part [Re: simplemachine]
    #2518504 - 04/02/04 09:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't mean putting the whole cake with the un colonized part in the fruiting chamber, i mean just cutting off the un colonized part with a sterile knife. I just wanted to know if this will make the cake less productive or something. Peace.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2518621 - 04/02/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

10% off a cake isn't gonna do much to hurt it, smaller cakes are smaller fruits/yield like if you made a shot glass cake it's gonna make tiny fucks but i assume your just cutting off part of a corner or something right, so yeah won't really hurt it, not gonna help it either.

you could cut off like you said or just expose the jars to light now, out of the incubator and on a window sill in fruiting temps, so it will start pinning but won't be open to contams, it should finish colonizing during this time and speed up fruiting, that's what i would do. you can take it out once it's colonized too so you don't have to fruit invitro, cuz i hate that shit, goofy lookin squished shrooms. just wait till no more sub. is showing before you take it out the jar :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Cutting off small un-colonized part [Re: John]
    #2518686 - 04/02/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I just want to make sure i have enough shrooms for me and my girlfriend when we go to the beach. I already have about 2 grams dried out, and I have one cake that is pinning now, so i guess after this cake fruits i should have enough for me and my girlfriend. Only thing is lately my cakes have not been yielding as much as i expect.

I would just wait until it is all colonized, which is obviously the best thing to do, i would just be sad if me and my girl dont have a good amount to trip on. I was thinking, I have two jars that are both like 80-90 percent done, one of them a little less than the other. What would happen if i were to take them both out, cut off the uncolonized parts, then stack the cakes in one fruiting chamber with some moist vermiculite in between them. Would the cakes grow together and maybe make some nice fruits, what do u guys think?

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2518731 - 04/02/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

they would fuse together (kinda) but they would be more productive as two seperate cakes, i think sea of shrooms tek deals with that, cutting cakes in half and casing in cups is more productive than fruiting the cake itself i think is the point of that tek. haven't read it in forever though.
exposing to light now is the best option imo:p

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix