Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards
    #25139872 - 04/14/18 11:05 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Anyone know what could cause this? This is pure bullshit. I wasn't even doing anything, just looking at the webpages I normally look at. Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Edited by thirtygoats (04/14/18 11:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: thirtygoats]
    #25139984 - 04/15/18 12:35 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

First I would just trying reinstalling the driver for the keyboard through Device Manager.

Quote:

in "Device Manager", expand the Keyboards section, right-click on the keyboard you want to repair and choose "Uninstall." Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Restart." When your computer boots up, Windows will detect your keyboard and install the driver.

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: thirtygoats] * 4
    #25140296 - 04/15/18 06:52 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Stop jizzing on the keyboards.

--------------------

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: John Nada]
    #25140327 - 04/15/18 07:10 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I got pretty annoyed so I just went ahead and saved important files onto a usb drive and did a factory restore. For a while even after the restore, the keys were still doing the same thing. A few updates and reboots later, the problem seems to have disappeared without as much reason as it had for appearing in the first place... but if it happens again, I'll give your advice a try.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: thirtygoats]
    #25141002 - 04/15/18 12:36 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Is it mechanical or software related?

My keys stick on some of my keys on my new keyboard. I got a generic version of a more expensive type of keyboard (multi-LED type semi-mechanical).

Ive tried to "break in" the keys that get stuck, but its not working so well.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | πŸ’§ Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method πŸ’§ | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25146927 - 04/17/18 10:36 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

The one that I'm using now is a "E - 3LUE K761 Wired Keyboard" and the keys are sticking again. Sometimes it's not that bad but it's the worst right now. I can't type 2 words without the backspace or spacebar or some random letter holding down and I haven't even been using this keyboard. It was brand new but I had another one I was using so I just put this one beside the wardrobe and it sat there for a few weeks, I spilled nothing on it
Also my other keyboard is out of service

I went and  uninstalled the keyboard driver but that didn't work

Just ordered a MotoSpeed K70L USB Wired Gaming Keyboard

Could it be malware?

Edited by thirtygoats (04/17/18 10:46 PM)

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
    #25147040 - 04/17/18 11:48 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Wait, the keys are physically getting stuck down?

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
    #25147041 - 04/17/18 11:49 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Just put malwarebytes on here and nothing's been found yet.

aaaaand we're back to being able to type full sentences without any of the keys sticking whatsoever. I'm not sure if it was the Malwarebytes, I don't see how it could have been because the scan has identified 0 threats after 31 minutes of scanning (but probably has 10 to 15 minutes left of scanning)

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: John Nada]
    #25147046 - 04/17/18 11:51 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

No, I have never gotten anything on this keyboard. None of the keys have ever literally stuck down.  I have looked close at the keyboard and there is no residue or anything to suggest something dirty got on it. It's literally only been used for like 1 day and then put aside while I used another keyboard. I typed all of this uninterrupted, no keys sticking. Wtf...

Edited by thirtygoats (04/17/18 11:53 PM)

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
    #25147060 - 04/18/18 12:05 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Nothing found in the malwarebytes scan yet... I even have avast on here

Edited by thirtygoats (04/18/18 12:05 AM)

OfflineBigGameHunter
Tech
    #25149205 - 04/18/18 07:43 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

If I understand this correctly your having similar issues with 2 keyboards. Try booting into safe mode to see if the problem occurs. To get to safe mode shutdown your computer, turn on your computer, immediately start pressing the F8 key if it is functional (don't press & hold the key down). Keep pressing up & down on the F8 key until you see a text base menu. After the text base menu appears select safe mode with the arrow keys. Log in, the desktop will look different resolution wise because it is using standard vga driver. Test the functionality of your keyboard.
If it works fine in safe mode then it is possible it could be software/driver/malware issue depending what driver it using in normal mode.
If it still fails in safe mode it could be a hardware/system software issue.
Also check "Ease of Access Center" in the control panel to make sure a keyboard setting didn't accidentally get turned on.

Invisiblemycomyst
Alchemist
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: BigGameHunter]
    #25150064 - 04/19/18 05:51 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Another way to figure out if it is a hardware vs o/s-driver-malware issue is to boot to a Linux live disk and see if the keyboards work ok.

In any case, let us know how this gets fixed.

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: mycomyst]
    #25183448 - 05/04/18 07:16 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Ok so I got my Motospeed K70 keyboard in the mail today and yep, sometimes the keys will still randomly hold down or not type. This makes absolutely no sense to me seeing as I did a full factory restore and the problem first occurred without any warning or reason to begin with.

I've never had this problem before and I don't know what to do about it. I read the last few posts but that sounds like a really complicated way to fix something that never happens to other people. It's gotta be the work of some virus or malware. Sometimes there is no problem with the mouse or keyboard. Sometimes it's ridiculous how bad it is. It varies from time to time, it's fucked. I don't know, I guess if I get pissed off enough, I'll give your advice a try.

I was playing a game yesterday and the keys were randomly holding down AND the mouse sometimes stopped moving or doesn't click. Wtf?

Edited by thirtygoats (05/04/18 07:24 AM)

OfflineMycosperiment
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: USA Flag
    #25183519 - 05/04/18 08:16 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thirtygoats said:
Ok so I got my Motospeed K70 keyboard in the mail today and yep, sometimes the keys will still randomly hold down or not type. This makes absolutely no sense to me seeing as I did a full factory restore and the problem first occurred without any warning or reason to begin with.

I've never had this problem before and I don't know what to do about it. I read the last few posts but that sounds like a really complicated way to fix something that never happens to other people. It's gotta be the work of some virus or malware. Sometimes there is no problem with the mouse or keyboard. Sometimes it's ridiculous how bad it is. It varies from time to time, it's fucked. I don't know, I guess if I get pissed off enough, I'll give your advice a try.

I was playing a game yesterday and the keys were randomly holding down AND the mouse sometimes stopped moving or doesn't click. Wtf?

The Linux live disc isn't complicated to try and it doesn't need to replace the operating system you have now.  I've been using Ubuntu Xenial 64 recently that I have on a CD and have used many other Linux operating systems over the years.  I'll never go back to Windows with all the spyware, adware, and viruses it can get infected with.  Many Windows programs can be run on a Linux system by using a Windows simulator program.

Linux isn't as easy to use as Windows but just to fire up a live CD to test things out isn't that hard.

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: Mycosperiment]
    #25185673 - 05/05/18 09:48 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Yesterday, I noticed that my cursor was lagging (when I move it in circles, it does not move smoothly) which didn't seem right so I did yet another factory restore, but this time, I didn't install every single update that comes up on Windows Update like I did last time. I'm only installing the basic updates like SP1 and .Net framework, Nvidia drivers, etc.

If I had attempted to install every single update that Windows Update asked me to install, it would have been between 1,000 to 1,500 megabytes (like 100 - 200 updates total) which would take a long time even though I have 5G internet (around 150mb/s). I don't even really use this computer for anything except web browsing and playing a few games. That's all it can really handle. It's an Acer Aspire Z3101 (all-in-one desktop) I added 4GB of RAM (total 8GB now) about 2 months ago and although I can't tell much of a difference, I believe it is a little faster than it was before.

So far, so good. The cursor is not lagging at the moment and I have not had any problems with the keyboard. I can't imagine what could have caused it before, as I barely have anything installed on my computer and I am the type to keep anything unnecessary uninstalled (like pre-installed games) and disable things like Window Animation when Maximizing and Minimizing Windows in System settings, in an attempt to make the computer run as smoothly as possible.

Anyway, I will try to keep track of everything I'm doing so that if the problem does arise again, I will be able to pinpoint exactly what it is that's causing it. Although, if I had to take an educated guess, it would be the massive amount of updates that Windows Update asks you to install, that slows the computer down or causes problems.

Edited by thirtygoats (05/05/18 09:52 AM)

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: Mycosperiment]
    #25186277 - 05/05/18 04:37 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I booted up with the latest version of Bodhi and I was still having problems with the keyboard, which began a few hours after I did a factory restore.

I actually wasn't even able to log in to the Shroomery because it was too difficult. Sometimes I would have to press each key like 8 times in a row before it finally worked.

At the moment, I have 2 keyboards plugged in and sometimes they work and sometimes I have to use the on-screen keyboard. I'm going to try the keyboards on a different computer and see if they work.

Edited by thirtygoats (05/05/18 05:04 PM)

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
    #25188427 - 05/06/18 07:23 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I cant even use my computer now because the keyboard doesnt work sometimes during boot. Right now it doesnt work at all so I cant even choose anything in the boot menu to boot up into another OS..

Keyboard lights are unresponsive and the only option I can do is startup repair

Just booted up after system repair and keyboard is unresponsive and seems to be lagging

Finally got booted up. Keyboard is completely unresponsive and keyboard lights are not turning on or off

Something else... if I press the caps lock repeatedly, sometimes the light will not turn on, as if it just didnt receive the keystroke

I have determined that the keyboard is not receiving keystrokes because if I press the caps lock repeatedly, most of the time there is no response, as in the light doesnt turn on or off. Not sure what to do about that :confused:

edit:went to one of those remote desktop sessions on microsoft and they tried everything i tried and eventually concluded that there was a problem with the motherboard and suggested i take it to a computer repair place

Edited by thirtygoats (05/06/18 09:48 PM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25188755 - 05/06/18 11:17 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I think before u take it to a computer repair shop, it could be the keyboard itself. Have u tried using other keyboards?

Invisiblemycomyst
Alchemist
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25189051 - 05/07/18 07:11 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Since the problem remained when you booted to a Linux live disk and you also had problems with the keyboard when starting up the computer, it sounds like a hardware problem; either keyboard or the computer itself. " I'm going to try the keyboards on a different computer and see if they work. " What were the results?

Trying to diagnose this over the internet is a challenge. Your issue may be in the motherboard / usb ports. Do a google search for your model computer and see if others have had similar keyboard or motherboard problems.

It is possible that a usb port is physically damaged (unlikely, but I have seen it happen). A close look using a flashlight will be a quick check and eliminate that possibility.

OfflineBigGameHunter
Tech
    #25189369 - 05/07/18 10:29 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I’m assuming it’s a desktop unit instead of a laptop since there was no mention of an internal keyboard. If it is a desktop unit, depending on the age of the unit it may have ps2 (DIN type connector) ports on the back of your unit that interface it with the older style keyboard & mouse (the keyboard port is purple & the mouse port is green). If it has those ports you can try that type of keyboard with your USB keyboards disconnected to see if the problems persists. One of the first things I do when I work on desktop units is do a visual inspection of the motherboard to see if there are any bulged capacitors. That would mean removing power from the unit & opening the case. Bulged capacitors can caused a lot of different symptoms. Also when trying to get a system working it is best not to use unnecessary  components or accessories that way they can be ruled out as being the problem. In other words disconnect any accessories such as other USB devices such as hard drives, printers, gaming devices, etc. and possibly load default settings in your bios. Start with a bare minimal system to see if you still have the problem.

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: BigGameHunter]
    #25258985 - 06/10/18 06:25 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not exactly sure what was causing problems with the keyboard, I think it was just an old computer and couldn't really handle much. It was already like 8 years old when I got it and I've had it for almost 2 years. I sold the Z3101 for $75. It seemed to work normally when I uninstalled the unnecessary programs on it, maybe it was the antivirus or the screen recorder, Idk... but I wasn't falling for it... I was getting rid of this fucking computer. :lol: Got a Dell Vostro 260, it's got an i3 processor, haven't had any problems yet. It took forever to factory restore it and install all the updates from Windows Update, but not as long as the Z3101 would have taken. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by thirtygoats (06/10/18 06:28 AM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25259251 - 06/10/18 09:51 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Weird.

never would have thought typing on a keyboard would not type letters or repeat letters, cause of the computer. But I have ran programs and tried to type and got that "lag" from processing other things, so it makes sense.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25298357 - 06/29/18 06:32 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Update the drivers for your motherboard.  Specifically the ones that control the chipset and/or USB ports. 

This is most likely a driver issue or voltage issue on the keyboard itself.  There might also be a resource conflict of some sort occurring on your USB but thats fairly rare.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: mndfreeze]
    #25314236 - 07/07/18 10:46 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

So the "new" computer I got is a Dell Vostro 260 with an i3-2120 processor 3.30ghz, 4gb ram with windows 7 professional. I recently ordered an i5-2400 processor to put in it. I only have 2 slots for ram on this motherboard so I need to find 2 4GB sticks of DDR3 desktop ram, which isn't cheap. It's new to me but the bios version/date is currently A10,22/2/2013, according to Google, that means it was built in 2013.

I was using this Motospeed K70 keyboard (that I ordered online from Gearbest) the other day and everything seemed to be going fine but then suddenly, one of the letters I pressed suddenly started repeating, as if the button was being held down, and the first thing that people say is that I probably spilled something on the keyboard or got something in it, but that is 100% incorrect. There is either something wrong with the keyboard or the programs I have installed on my computer, which is just a few games, nothing too large. I even disabled most of the start-up items and went to ShouldIRemoveIt.com (a website that tells you if it's ok to uninstall a certain program) and uninstalled almost everything off the computer, which increased the start-up time and overall speed. From the time I press the power button to the login screen with password loads, takes a total of 25 seconds, and 35 or 40 before the desktop and the Wifi icon in the taskbar has loaded, indicating that the computer is now fully able to open a program such as Google Chrome.

I guess I may have just ordered some faulty keyboard. I can use it for a little while but sooner or later, it will start acting up for no reason. I shouldn't buy anything else from Gearbest... even the plastic things on both of my shoulder straps on the bookbag I bought from Gearbest broke. But I was able to tie it to a different part of the shoulder strap. And I believe it is too big of a risk to buy something that takes a month to get here, sometimes longer, because they may not accept returns for that item, unless it's unopened. And how the fuck am I supposed to know if I'm going to like it or not until I use it? There are very small, subtle differences in every thing you buy and they may differ slightly but be the same thing, just a different brand or make.

Also I have updated the bios in the Vostro 260 from A08 to A10

edit: I don't have problems with the other regular Dell keyboard I have, only the Motospeed K70

Edited by thirtygoats (07/11/18 06:59 PM)

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #25336394 - 07/20/18 12:16 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

If you only have issues with that keyboard and not the other one then its definitely just a bad keyboard.  It could have a faulty switch under the key or a bad resistor on the board somewhere. 

IMO like with most things you get what you pay for.  Any time you use sites that sell stuff from countries like China where regulations are barely existant and fakes are common I would be wary of the quality of the product you receive.  IMO with something like a keyboard you can just buy a generic keyboard from amazon or best buy or wherever and have the same or better results, but if you want actual quality then stick to well known brands or major manufacturers. I like to use ones that are sold by major manufacturers of prebuilts here in the US like IBM or Dell because they generally are sturdy and designed to take a bit of a beating before failing.  Those companies don't want customers buying their full systems to always be pissed about their keyboards breaking.    They are of course no where close to a nice keyboard made by say corsair or razer, but are better than some generic no name walmart keyboard for example.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Keys randomly sticking or not typing on 2 different keyboards [Re: mndfreeze]
    #25348605 - 07/26/18 05:48 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I have had problems with two keyboards I got from Gearbest. Both of them had the same problem. They would randomly malfunction or stop working for no reason on different computers despite being brand new and well taken care of. I'm probably just never going to buy anything from Gearbest again. Gearbest can go fuck themselves.

I recently bought the Hcman Mechanical Keyboard from Amazon, it's nice and compact. No numberpad. Although it is a bit loud, and I'm not sure I can type as fast on this one, compared to the Motospeed K70L keyboard, but I guess it works. No problems yet. It kinda pisses me off that there's no warranty for keyboards either. So if this one malfunctions and stops working for no reason, that's another 24 euros down the drain.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hcman-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Anti-ghosting-87-Keys-LED-Black/dp/B0713PRC21

Edited by thirtygoats (07/27/18 12:59 PM)

Offlinethirtygoats
Male

#25400854 - 08/20/18 02:37 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I found Windows 10 on sale for 16 so I upgraded and the keyboard and everything works fine now.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom