Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Money Matters

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: mycoprog]
    #25139332 - 04/14/18 08:32 PM (5 months, 30 days ago)

Its over 8100 now, could this be the start of a surge? Or it could sink back down and do the dance a few more times, hard to say but its looking good

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Stonehenge]
    #25139721 - 04/14/18 11:19 PM (5 months, 30 days ago)

It's going up to I'm going to guess $8800. Right now I have my stop loss set at about $7950 just in case I'm wrong.

--------------------

Offlinedarkstar32526
Stranger

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25145788 - 04/17/18 04:28 PM (5 months, 27 days ago)

Just pulled the trigger on ETH at like 510, I bought one. Of course, I should've been watching the market better before I did, I could've gotten one for 300 and change just a week before. Oh well. I don't want a repeat of the last time SWIM was fuckin' with bitcoins. SWIM bought it a while back after it peaked and then dipped low to like the 200s, and SWIM spent 85 on .24. Then swim wasted it on the darknet. Multiple times!! SWIM regrets his decisions with bitcoin but hopefully it's not too late for him to make big bucks off this innovation.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills] * 1
    #25147938 - 04/18/18 02:00 PM (5 months, 27 days ago)

The continued stabilization over the past week as BTC churns around the $8000 level is encouraging.  If I were actively trading, I would be inclined to add some long exposure here and especially above BTC $8500.  Many of the dominant altcoins have outperformed over the past week, which is interesting although I would be hesitant to draw any specific conclusions from that action.  I would also be a bit hesitant to chase the alts at this point, suffice it to say that some of them are starting to print higher highs on a USD basis, thus breaking their downtrends.  BTC hasn't joined that party yet, however now that it has traded sideways for a week after the big pop off of $6700, a subsequent move that stabilizes above $8500 will call the prevailing downtrend into question and likely encourage longs to increase exposure, setting us up for a test of $11000-$12000.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #25148263 - 04/18/18 04:09 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

Yeah its been doing this little dance. It hovered around 7k for a while, soon as it got over 7 it fell back again. Now its doing it around 8k. I expect it to break through and go to high 8k at some point, maybe soon. Then I imagine it will hover around 9k. The k marks seem to be where people sell but when the sellers are done, it starts to go up again.

BCH too has gone up. I bought some more a week or so ago at around 650 from someone eager to sell, now its at 880 or so.

All we need is some good news and the rush will be on. People will slap their forehead and say why didn't I get some when it was low?

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

Loc: N. America
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Stonehenge]
    #25148314 - 04/18/18 04:32 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: mycoprog]
    #25148402 - 04/18/18 05:16 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

Yahoo is buying a stake in a japanese crypto exchange. Sounds like positive news to me. Shows the big players know btc is here to stay and want in

https://www.coindesk.com/yahoo-japan-buys-stake-in-cryptocurrency-exchange/

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
    #25148987 - 04/18/18 08:47 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

XLM has been treating me quite nicely this past week or so.

Because of cashing in and out during/before dips I've so far had around 85-90% profit from 4 weeks ago, mostly because of XLM but also thanks to verge for helping me increase that position significantly within that time frame, twice. Probably 50% of that profit has been within the past week or so though lol. For every penny XLM goes up the amount I get is a pretty significant amount and over the past week it's been going strong as fuck.

Edited by SirShroomsAlott (04/18/18 11:46 PM)

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #25151895 - 04/19/18 11:07 PM (5 months, 25 days ago)

see you nerds at the top.

:awebig:

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#25153802 - 04/20/18 06:32 PM (5 months, 24 days ago)

It seems to have broken through the 8k barrier, no longer sinks below 8 then up a bit and back down, etc. Its now around 8700 and if the rest of my prediction comes about, it will begin to hover around 9k soon, dipping and rising. Then what, will it simply surge a bunch with some back and forth movement until it hits new heights? BTC is definitely on the move and I think this time its serious.

--------------------

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

#25153814 - 04/20/18 06:41 PM (5 months, 24 days ago)

This has been quite the recovery. I'm amazed. Surprises seem to be the name of this game though. Wonder how long it will keep up.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: today mylove]
    #25153830 - 04/20/18 06:53 PM (5 months, 24 days ago)

>Wonder how long it will keep up.

I wonder how long until we pass the old high mark of ~19k? I think it will be this year and next year break all the old records. But if it does shoot up to astronomical levels I will start selling and not rebuy until it settles down and does the usual pullback

BCH is 1132 right now. I just bought almost 4 bch in the last couple weeks at bargain basement prices.

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

#25153843 - 04/20/18 07:03 PM (5 months, 24 days ago)

I think it will go to around 9k then back down to upper 7k area then we'll break 9k after that

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #25155140 - 04/21/18 01:29 PM (5 months, 24 days ago)

The action continues to appear constructive.  $9000 is still a bit of a barrier from the January lows and late March highs, but I'm not sure those legacy pivot points are so relevant anymore, and if we do ricochet off $9K, I don't think it would be more than another month or so before price would attempt to break through once again.  Nevertheless, although the primary downtrend has broken, we can't really expect this thing to just blast off to new highs.  There will be backing and filling along the way, tests of prior resistance in attempts to confirm those levels as new support, and a probable prolonged basing period that I suspect will chop around sideways for at least a month or two (possibly building the bottom of a "cup" pattern).  I would definitely want exposure to the market, but be mindful of both the zig and the zag.  Buy the tests of prior resistance as opposed to the breakouts, whenever possible.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

#25155413 - 04/21/18 03:22 PM (5 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Buy the tests of prior resistance as opposed to the breakouts, whenever possible.

this so much. great advice!

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#25155688 - 04/21/18 05:23 PM (5 months, 23 days ago)

>$9000 is still a bit of a barrier from the January lows and late March highs

I've noticed the k marks are always a barrier. Very seldom has it just blasted through one or more. Usually it goes up to or just over and then wobbles and often goes back down below. We saw that a lot lately. Then after some forward and back movement, it will go up again.

>we do ricochet off $9K, I don't think it would be more than another month or so before price would attempt to break through once again. 

9k has been a barrier in the past. It shot up from low 8k to tapping on 9k relatively fast, but if it did hit 9 it was only briefly and dropped again. Now its hovering around 8.8k, has been higher but not much lower in the last several days since it started surging again. I expect it to break through a few times before stopping the dance and surging higher. In the next month for sure but likely sooner.

>Buy the tests of prior resistance as opposed to the breakouts, whenever possible.

Yeah, I've noticed that when it does break through a certain level, it often falls back again. Of course the tests of resistance fall back just as often even if they go a bit above.

A guy I had traded with messaged me today asking where is the site that tells you what btc will be at in the future. I said I've been looking for that a long time, most of us would love to have some accurate predictions. 

News of significant events including publicity of all sorts even idiots saying what they think it will do seem to have an impact. I saw nothing in the media about yahoo buying into an exchange. Very little publicity lately at all

My prediction is it will surge past the old high of 19k this year and perhaps even higher. Next year I'm looking for it to approach 40k or at least be over 30k. All of you feel free to throw that back at me if it doesn't happen. If it does, all I will hear is crickets, lol.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#25157750 - 04/22/18 03:30 PM (5 months, 22 days ago)

BTC is at 8950 right now. Seems to be testing 9k, might go over and fall back, fall back without going over or go over and stay over. Anyone got a guess which it will be? My guess was that it will do the dance a while and gradually climb up. So far that seems to be correct but could be a big pullback at some point in the future.

Geo said the best time to get in is when its testing the next level. That makes sense since its showing strength and might shoot up or do a steady upward movement with a few drops along the way. Worst time to buy might be when its dropping, I would wait until it steadies at least if it was dropping and upward movement being better. But its been on a steady climb so far

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

#25158281 - 04/22/18 07:26 PM (5 months, 22 days ago)

I thought GEO was saying to wait until it drops and buy and the resistance level down. Maybe not, but that is what I'm doing and usually do. It's more exciting for me to catch the very bottom and sell at the very top. I seem to be better at picking a bottom rather than a breakthrough.

I'm leaving so I set my buy order at $8320 just in case it drops really fast.

Good luck everybody! Hopefully we all get rich and we can finally buy that Shroomery island! Or at least a Shroomery timeshare

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25158728 - 04/22/18 10:49 PM (5 months, 22 days ago)

Shroomery timeshare! :rofl:

You had it right Loph, I'm talking about buying pullbacks that shows signs of buyers/stabilization at prior resistance levels; as resistance levels, once broken through, should serve as new support levels if the move has legs for continued upside.

Zilliqa (ZIL) had a really nice pop over the past couple of days.  I can't find any specific news, as they released their public testnet at the end of March and had an exchange listing about a week ago, but nothing that appeared to be a major recent catalyst.  As I accumulated a fairly large position between $0.04-$0.05, I unloaded 20% of my holdings yesterday just above $0.10, since the move made this my largest position and generally when that happens, it's a good idea to consider trimming back on size in efforts to rebalance the portfolio, especially if you can't find any corroborating news to support the move that would lead you to expect further immediate upside.  That said, Zilliqa is still early stage, and if they can prove a successful scalability technique through their sharding process as adopters begin to use the platform, I think it can continue to move over time.  Hence why it is still one of my largest positions.

Current holdings:
  • NEO 13%
  • ZIL 11%
  • XMR 10%
  • BTC 10%
  • ADA 9%
  • NEBL 8%
  • VEN 6%
  • t0 5%*
  • NCT 5%
  • XTZ 5%*
  • RHOC 4%
  • OMG 4%
  • XLM 3%
  • ETH 3%
  • NAS 2%
  • PROP < 1%*
  • ZAP < 1%
  • POLY < 1%

*Unlisted/ICO stage equivalent investment value

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

#25160715 - 04/23/18 09:17 PM (5 months, 21 days ago)

we just broke through!

hodl on!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | Next > | Last >

General Interest >> Money Matters