Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Josex' Guide to No-pour Agar. [Re: mindblowing]
    #25180244 - 05/02/18 03:52 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mindblowing said:
Josex man,

Got any idea why my plates didn't set?

I took in all that infomation about making up agar i understand that shit, Cheers dude. So i just whipped up 250ML so 5g, i put it on the stove disvoled it for 2 minutes or so, Poured it into my containers and it set fine was pretty firm in 30 seconds or so, seems to have no problems setting..

Alright so i put them in my PC 2 layers of micropore tape, Paper town over that and wrapped in alfoil and loaded in my pc. As i read it does not matter bringing the temp up slowly.. So i put it on full heat got the pressure to 15PSI and PC'ed for 45 minutes. Now i finished the cycle at 11PM set an alarm for 3hours but i didnt fucking wake up... So it's been 7hrs untill i got to unload the containers i know that's to long but they should of still set?

Okay so what the fuck happened plates came out with moisture in them and not set one bit, there fucked. It defintly seems like the PC has over boiled them or something, 45 minutes to long? Aswell as getting it to 15psi etc that's close to an hour pc'ing is that to long? You sure we should not bring the PC up slowly? I'm just thinking last batch of agar i did i brang it up very slowly and it didn't seem to fuck the agar like last time. The agar is pretty dam runny not set at all, So at what stage it seems like the PC has got the agar to hot and fucked it, idk.. I'm pretty bummed about this, this fucking sucks. It's a long cycle to have these come up fucked...... :frown:(((

Thanks man

As a great poet once said "fucking the follow tek". :rockon:

Seriously man, I've no clue what happened there, the issue can be something you didn't even mention, that's my guess. Bringing the pc up to pressure slow or quick doesn't cause what happened to you. Did you take off the rocker before letting the pc drop to zero? A sudden pressure drop can cause boiling over. Maybe you didn't raise the plates above the water or your conainters have short sides or the lids are shitty...

Also I don't know how you managed to get the mix ready in just 2 min in the pot, takes longer than that for me, but I don't think that was the issue either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Josex' Guide to No-pour Agar. [Re: Josex]
    #25180251 - 05/02/18 03:57 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

the only reason my agar never set is because my scale wwas broken and i used the wrong amount.

translation - you fucked up:shrug:

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Josex' Guide to No-pour Agar. [Re: mushboy]
    #25180255 - 05/02/18 03:59 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

That's a good one.

OfflinesMileHighCity
o(一︿一)o
Male

Loc: Big Sky Flag
    #25180270 - 05/02/18 04:07 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome write-up!! Thanks for your time.

I am confused whats going on in the video. You're cutting a small piece of colonized agar, dipping it into a clean dish, removing the piece of agar, and doing what with it? Sorry if this was explained in the org tutorial. But I didnt see anything.

Could you explain?

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Josex' Guide to No-pour Agar. [Re: sMileHighCity]
    #25180280 - 05/02/18 04:14 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

That's a practice outside the SAB open air, just to illustrate how to work with containers upside-down and how to scoop up the wedge so it doesn't get stuck in the blade and also to bring home to beginners the importance of doing practices like that to get familiar with the scalpel. In the SAB you want to move more carefully than in the vid though, I just didn't feel like recording it in the SAB that day, too lazy.

Invisiblemindblowing
Stranger Danger

Re: Josex' Guide to No-pour Agar. [Re: mushboy]
    #25180288 - 05/02/18 04:18 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
the only reason my agar never set is because my scale wwas broken and i used the wrong amount.

translation - you fucked up:shrug:

No like i said, agar set fine pre-pcing.

--------------------

Invisiblemindblowing
Stranger Danger

#25180293 - 05/02/18 04:22 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Josex said:
Quote:

mindblowing said:
Josex man,

Got any idea why my plates didn't set?

I took in all that infomation about making up agar i understand that shit, Cheers dude. So i just whipped up 250ML so 5g, i put it on the stove disvoled it for 2 minutes or so, Poured it into my containers and it set fine was pretty firm in 30 seconds or so, seems to have no problems setting..

Alright so i put them in my PC 2 layers of micropore tape, Paper town over that and wrapped in alfoil and loaded in my pc. As i read it does not matter bringing the temp up slowly.. So i put it on full heat got the pressure to 15PSI and PC'ed for 45 minutes. Now i finished the cycle at 11PM set an alarm for 3hours but i didnt fucking wake up... So it's been 7hrs untill i got to unload the containers i know that's to long but they should of still set?

Okay so what the fuck happened plates came out with moisture in them and not set one bit, there fucked. It defintly seems like the PC has over boiled them or something, 45 minutes to long? Aswell as getting it to 15psi etc that's close to an hour pc'ing is that to long? You sure we should not bring the PC up slowly? I'm just thinking last batch of agar i did i brang it up very slowly and it didn't seem to fuck the agar like last time. The agar is pretty dam runny not set at all, So at what stage it seems like the PC has got the agar to hot and fucked it, idk.. I'm pretty bummed about this, this fucking sucks. It's a long cycle to have these come up fucked...... :frown:(((

Thanks man

As a great poet once said "fucking the follow tek". :rockon:

Seriously man, I've no clue what happened there, the issue can be something you didn't even mention, that's my guess. Bringing the pc up to pressure slow or quick doesn't cause what happened to you. Did you take off the rocker before letting the pc drop to zero? A sudden pressure drop can cause boiling over. Maybe you didn't raise the plates above the water or your conainters have short sides or the lids are shitty...

Also I don't know how you managed to get the mix ready in just 2 min in the pot, takes longer than that for me, but I don't think that was the issue either.

Thanks anyway man for you're advice. Nah i kept the weight on i let it cool down naturally, plates above water spaced out with a alfroil made spacer aswell.

I followed the tek spot on besides like you just said using retarted containers, short side would that really cause the boilover & fucked the agar tho?

--------------------

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25180301 - 05/02/18 04:25 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Any pics of your containers?

OfflineJeebo
Stranger
    #25180705 - 05/02/18 08:35 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

It's quite obvious I thought, you left the agar too long and it set unlevel in the cold PC.

Happens to me all the time when I get too intoxicated and forget about the plates, its a real bitch.

Invisiblemindblowing
Stranger Danger

Re: Josex' Guide to No-pour Agar. [Re: Jeebo] * 2
    #25180774 - 05/02/18 09:20 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jeebo said:
It's quite obvious I thought, you left the agar too long and it set unlevel in the cold PC.

Happens to me all the time when I get too intoxicated and forget about the plates, its a real bitch.

Hmmm, It could be that and/or the containers..

The agar is not really set how it should be like it's a bit runny.. so it's not really set "unlevel" I think the containers are a bitch WAY to much moisture is getting into them effecting the agar to re-set properly is what i'm more thinking.

--------------------

OfflineEthicalEthnobotany
Wisdom Seeker
Female

Loc: Wonderland Flag
    #25180979 - 05/03/18 12:35 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for this! Been debating experimenting with agar. This helps encourage me to stop procrastinating

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25181640 - 05/03/18 10:55 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mindblowing said:
Quote:

Jeebo said:

Hmmm, It could be that and/or the containers..

The agar is not really set how it should be like it's a bit runny.. so it's not really set "unlevel" I think the containers are a bitch WAY to much moisture is getting into them effecting the agar to re-set properly is what i'm more thinking.

Yeah you should just buy other cotainers, the ones you posted earlier in this thread look horrible for agar, pretty sure all your problems come from that.
Quote:

mindblowing said:

I got some sqaureish containers, I left them overnight, etc and my filter (ontop) is asboultely drenched, It was 2 peices of micorpore and that is stuffed aslong with the paper towl that was stuck to it ontop...

Should i bother trying these containers? Just placing another peice of tape ontop, Let them dry out for a few hours in my sab & try them?

I carefully 1 by 1 opened them and poured out the excess water, was only a few drops some a good 10 or so, My agar looks like it didn't set as well as it could of aswell. I know what mistakes i have done now thanks to this writeup!!!

Honestly, Should i try inccoulate these containers? I am tempted to move onto pouring i think i'd enjoy it better

Invisiblemindblowing
Stranger Danger

Re: Josex' Guide to No-pour Agar. [Re: Josex] * 1
    #25182308 - 05/03/18 05:00 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah like i mentioned im not using containers OP got

Anyone who's reading this make sure you take the time to get the right containers

https://files.shroomery.org/files/18-17/496481457-20180429_110654.jpg

Get the ones op linked im going.to buy very similar locally

--------------------

Offlineroses4lg
regnartS
I'm a teapot

#25186346 - 05/05/18 05:36 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

How many time can I keep the containers pc'ed in the tote? I am going to do it tomorrow since i get it today the containers (200) but im going to use only like 20-40/week. Will they last for like 2-3 months sterile?

--------------------
x.x

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Josex' Guide to No-pour Agar. [Re: roses4lg] * 1
    #25186569 - 05/05/18 08:10 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I've kept plates for more than 2 months and used them without issues. They didn't even lose all the condensation, let alone dry out. A small hole and several layers of tape and you're good. :thumbup:
If the containers you're using are decent enough they shouldn't contaminate in 2 months.

Offlineroses4lg
regnartS
I'm a teapot

#25187855 - 05/06/18 01:33 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Cool! Thanks mate <3

--------------------
x.x

Offlineroses4lg
regnartS
I'm a teapot

Re: Josex' Guide to No-pour Agar. [Re: roses4lg]
    #25188038 - 05/06/18 03:39 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

By the way I did some agar but It's too late here where I live and I'm gonna pc the leftovers containers tomorrow since I did too much and don't fit in the pc. Should I do them again and toss them or its safe to pc'ed tomorrow?

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25188093 - 05/06/18 04:20 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Yea you can pc them tomorrow, you'll know when it's too late to pc them when they mold out. One day is ok, though.

Offlineroses4lg
regnartS
I'm a teapot

#25188795 - 05/07/18 12:25 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah! Btw Im doing a journal with your Tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25188202

:laugh:

--------------------
x.x

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25189064 - 05/07/18 07:21 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Wish you luck with those containers, with deli containers as long as the close fairly tight you're good.

Read your journal and saw what you wanted to do with those larger containers and the SHIP's. There's a better way to make LC imo, but instead you use glass containers and inject water into the culture instead of nutes, take a look.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23740857#23740857

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom