Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerockytop83
Ornoth/Myc/ologist

Loc: Rocky-lachians
beer and shrooms?
    #2513618 - 04/02/04 12:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How many of you drink while you shroom? Is it ok? does it dull the trip?

I just came up with a bunch of mushies and am going to party with a lot of my old highschool buds this weekend, we will def. be drinking... should i bring my shrooms? I would love to trip with these guys (and girls).

--------------------

~You know that same rowdy crowd was here last night is back again~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: beer and shrooms? [Re: rockytop83]
    #2514109 - 04/02/04 12:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

NO

don't mix alcohol and shrooms

shrooms are to be eaten to enlighten your soul, not just to get fucked up.

no no no no

no beer with your shrooms.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

InvisibleWormsy
Stranger
    #2514297 - 04/02/04 01:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have had a couple glasses of wine with them, it actually relaxed the ride up, and seemed to make them digest better. I think the bad thing to do is be really drunk then try to shroom, thats where ppl get sick. As for Beer, I don't know, seems like it would make me bloat up bad.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2514298 - 04/02/04 01:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Some booze before you trip is ok. It takes the edge off comming up. But drinking while on mushrooms is just a waste.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinerockytop83
Ornoth/Myc/ologist

Loc: Rocky-lachians
Re: beer and shrooms? [Re: barfightlard]
    #2514445 - 04/02/04 01:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Im sure if we eat the shrooms we wont get beligerant. But i mean we will probobly want to sip beers as we sit around and catch up and talk about old times. I think it would be an AWESOME trip, and im talking about a 6 pack/person at most. Is that ok? The biggest thing im worried about is it dulling the trip. I have heard that alcohol will help dull the shrooms you if you think your tripping too hard, wondering if its a myth or not?

--------------------

~You know that same rowdy crowd was here last night is back again~

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2517990 - 04/02/04 06:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Beer is a downer with shrooms. Do not ruin the shroom high by drinking beer. That is not what the shrooms are all about.
mj

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: beer and shrooms? [Re: barfightlard]
    #2518037 - 04/02/04 07:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bellylard said:
Some booze before you trip is ok. It takes the edge off comming up. But drinking while on mushrooms is just a waste.

i agree totally with you,i enjoy my shrooms much more with a few beers in my belly.....but i'd never take them while i was drunk.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisibleshriek

#2518042 - 04/02/04 07:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

sometimes, very rare, when im really drunk i take either mushrooms or some other psycadelics after the party and i always regret, i dont know why i do that, i should lock my stash up before i drink. like one time i had drank a bottle of tequila and i ate 2g only of cubensis and the next thing i know i wake up in my boxers only in a forrest in the middle of nowhere sweatin like a pig, 6 hrs later. heh alcohol and mushrooms shouldnt be mixed imo

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2518089 - 04/02/04 08:16 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

if you like to drink a few beers, well, go ahead...
too many will "dull the trip" ...
& way too many will just mess you up; not much fun while tripping...

i like to slowly sip a cordial glass of some "intersting" liquer sometimes (B&B or Drambuie or Gran Marnier - i just love 80-proof candy with a hint of herbs, heh...) - especially after peaking, during the re-entry phase...
but i don't like to get drunk while tripping, mmmmkay?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: beer and shrooms? [Re: gnrm23]
    #2518402 - 04/02/04 11:16 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i like to drink a little while trippin... oh well its just me i guess, im the only one on here who doesnt trip for "spiritual enlightment" im the guy everyone keeps hearing about that eats shrooms to get fucked up, lets all throw rocks at me and point and laugh...

InvisibleWormsy
Stranger
Re: beer and shrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2518763 - 04/02/04 01:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think the "old school" thing about "no alcohol" is a mis-step in the evolution of shroom information. I have studied many forms of psychedelics like some of the mixtures they made in Africa, some of those brews had alcohol as a base to the mix, jungle alcohol that is. I think that small amounts do not hurt, especially wine since it helps digest it and creates a better delivery system.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: beer and shrooms? [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2518790 - 04/02/04 01:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

omg you're abusing shrooms, i hope you have a bad trip!!!

heh i hate when people sprout off that bullshit, i mean i use shrooms not to get fucked up but to learn but if you wanna use them just for a good time more power to you, they are fun after all. people saying that's not what shrooms are for, your abusing them, they are tools not drugs are just pushing they're opnions on others just like an over zealous christian. i started using shrooms just to have fun and developed from there anyway, and i'm sure most everyone else did to, i'm sure there are some that first ate shrooms for spirtual enlightenment/whatever but the majority wanted to see pretty colors and laugh and have a good time.

anyway all that, "that's not what shrooms are for" bullshit is retarded and i would think if you're so enlightened by the fuckin fungus you would realize this, that shrooms will eventually teach you when they are ready and everyone dosn't have the same intentions as you and that dosn't make them anymore wrong than you for using a chemical for spiritual enlightenment rather than medatiation, devotion ect. neither of them are wrong. don't judge people.

so yeah i like to drink a few beers when i'm coming down, takes the edge off and make it easier to go to sleep, before/during the intense part of the trip i like to keep a clear mind, no pot nothing like that (maybe a hit of mj if i start to get sick, but just a small toke to ease the stomach but not cloud the mind) but that's my prefrence if you wanna drink a bottle of tequlia then eat 7g go for it, though you might be hurting, whatever. if that's what you like that's what you like.

i bet at least half of you guys condeming alcohol and shrooms smoke pot while shroomin, could you inform me of the diffrence? IMO pot clouds the mind and makes it harder to come back with anything, yet if you wanna smoke 1/2pound while shroomin cool, that's what you like. maybe it even makes your experience more spirtual or whatever your searching for, things effect people diffrently, peace. :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2518792 - 04/02/04 01:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:nonono:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2518821 - 04/02/04 02:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

In my experience I have enjoyed a drink or two before dosing mushrooms..it really seemed to make social type situations a little more interesting, as I usually had a bit less of a mind fuck with added emphasis on the 'feeling good' aspect of the effects..I don't see a problem with a moderate ammount of alcohol before hand, but I guess it really depends on what you intend get out of the experience.

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2519208 - 04/02/04 04:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I really don't think there's a point to drinking when your tripping...

you'll already be so far gone that you'll be on a level that alcohol is worthless...

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2519238 - 04/02/04 04:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Use shrooms for a great enlightening trip. Don't mix with alcohol because that would be a waste.

--------------------

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #2523479 - 04/04/04 03:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I always have a pint while I eat em cuz it settles my stomach.

Offlinemoeburn
Blastimus Smashimus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: beer and shrooms? [Re: John]
    #7172802 - 07/13/07 11:21 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
omg you're abusing shrooms, i hope you have a bad trip!!!

heh i hate when people sprout off that bullshit, i mean i use shrooms not to get fucked up but to learn but if you wanna use them just for a good time more power to you, they are fun after all. people saying that's not what shrooms are for, your abusing them, they are tools not drugs are just pushing they're opnions on others just like an over zealous christian. i started using shrooms just to have fun and developed from there anyway, and i'm sure most everyone else did to, i'm sure there are some that first ate shrooms for spirtual enlightenment/whatever but the majority wanted to see pretty colors and laugh and have a good time.

anyway all that, "that's not what shrooms are for" bullshit is retarded and i would think if you're so enlightened by the fuckin fungus you would realize this, that shrooms will eventually teach you when they are ready and everyone dosn't have the same intentions as you and that dosn't make them anymore wrong than you for using a chemical for spiritual enlightenment rather than medatiation, devotion ect. neither of them are wrong. don't judge people.

so yeah i like to drink a few beers when i'm coming down, takes the edge off and make it easier to go to sleep, before/during the intense part of the trip i like to keep a clear mind, no pot nothing like that (maybe a hit of mj if i start to get sick, but just a small toke to ease the stomach but not cloud the mind) but that's my prefrence if you wanna drink a bottle of tequlia then eat 7g go for it, though you might be hurting, whatever. if that's what you like that's what you like.

i bet at least half of you guys condeming alcohol and shrooms smoke pot while shroomin, could you inform me of the diffrence? IMO pot clouds the mind and makes it harder to come back with anything, yet if you wanna smoke 1/2pound while shroomin cool, that's what you like. maybe it even makes your experience more spirtual or whatever your searching for, things effect people diffrently, peace. :stoned:

Ok, I'm sorry about replying to a topic so old.  But this guy had a really long, good post.  I too have been the kind of person to say "don't mix shrooms and that, you're disrespecting the shroom gods!" or some similar shit.  I've realised, after reading this person's post, that my true desire is to warn people about the dangers ahead, and that I've had religiously bad experiences when mixing hallucinogens and other things.

--------------------
Everything I have posted on the shroomery.org forums is completely fictional and created out of my own mind.  Any similarity to any current or past event is purely coincidental.

...and of this humongous fungus among us, more of its core's spores are creeping out of the drawer, pouring over the floor, and soaring through the door. Do not ignore this lore, for the spores are their precious ore. - moeburn

"Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, while conscious of their fleeting time here." - Maynard Keenan

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: beer and shrooms? [Re: moeburn]
    #7173568 - 07/14/07 03:29 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

2-3 beers and shrooms are a must..

a little alc makes the mushie trip much smoother on come up and your more relaxed, not to mention you will be in a better mood for the trip! I say drink some!!..

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#7173574 - 07/14/07 03:33 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

goon + shroms = :thumbdown:

beer + shrooms = :awesome:

weed + shrooms on come up = :thumbdown:

weed + shroom/acid come down = :awesome:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience