Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead
    #25131260 - 04/11/18 04:25 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Emergency rooms in Illinois are noticing a spike in synthetic pot users suffering from "severe bleeding," and state health officials are warning the public to remain vigilant.

The Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) issued a statement on in March announcing that at least six people in northeastern Illinois had been hospitalized after using the man-made substance -- also known as "fake weed," "K2" or "spice." On Wednesday, the number of cases climbed to 118, including three deaths, the health department reported.

"All cases have required hospitalization for symptoms such as coughing up blood, blood in the urine, severe bloody nose, and/or bleeding gums," the IDPH said. "Numerous have tested positive for brodifacoum, a lethal anticoagulant often used in rat poison."

There are now cases in at least 12 Illinois communities including Chicago, Cook County, Dupage County, Fulton County, Kane County, Kankakee County, Mason County, McLean County, Peoria County, Tazewell County, Will County and Woodford county. But officials believe that number will grow, as it's possible contaminated products have been sold across the state.

“Despite the perception that synthetic cannabinoids are safe and a legal alternative to marijuana, many are illegal and can cause severe illness,” IDPH Director Nirav D. Shah said in a statement on March 27. “The recent cases of severe bleeding are evidence of the harm synthetic cannabinoids can cause.”

Synthetic pot is made up of hundreds of different chemicals -- and their effect on the human body is unpredictable.

"These chemicals are called cannabinoids because they act on the same brain cell receptors as the main active ingredient in marijuana," IDPH explained, warning that the drug's impact can be life-threatening. "Synthetic cannabinoid products are unsafe. It is difficult to know what’s in them or what your reaction to them will be."

Users have reported a wide range of symptoms, from bleeding gums and bloody noses to blood in the urine. Women who are menstruating have also experienced a higher than average flow. Bleeding from the eyes and ears is also possible after use, IDPH said.The bleeding that doctors have seen in recent days has been severe.

“This bleeding is not expected, at least in such a significant population so quickly,” Dr. Melissa Millewich, an emergency room physician at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, told the Chicago Tribune.

Health officials urge those who have purchased synthetic cannabinoid products within the past month -- whether it was from a convenience store or a dealer -- to not use the product. IDPH spokeswoman Melaney Arnold told the Chicago newspaper that the product is banned for sale across the state, but some manufacturers alter the "molecular makeup of the products" to “get around” the law.

Anyone who starts experiencing symptoms, including severe bleeding or bruising, should be taken to the hospital immediately, the IDPH said.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/04/11/fake-weed-in-illinois-leaves-3-dead-dozens-with-severe-bleeding.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: The Influence]
    #25131410 - 04/11/18 05:37 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

i refuse to believe synth noids caused this. i dunno what the fuck they put in those blends now but i cannot believe people still use them.

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: morrowasted]
    #25131415 - 04/11/18 05:40 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

damn bleeding from the ears, eyes, amnd gums?? Wtf

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

Loc: The Swamp
Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: Sham87]
    #25131424 - 04/11/18 05:45 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

lol...sounds like ebola...(not funny)

Also sounds like if it IS directly tied to synthetic marijuana, like Narco-Terrorism.

--------------------
Trading Prints

-Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could listen twice as much as we speak-

Offlinepekin420
Male User Gallery

Loc: united States Flag
Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: TheShroomanizer]
    #25131442 - 04/11/18 05:51 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

I live in Central Illinois and then the county I live in and the county next to me there's been like a hundred people go to the hospital with severe bleeding yesterday a guy died in my County 46 years old excessive bleeding crazy ass s*** why are people still smokein this shit

--------------------

OfflineGallusgallus229
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Some place nice Flag
Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: pekin420]
    #25131465 - 04/11/18 06:01 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

I'm from Australia, and from about august 2012 to November 2015 I was full blown herb junky.
I think its really inappropriate labelling this stuff as anything to do with marijuana. Hell, I'd bet a lot of them aren't even cannabnoid analogues anymore.
Shit is bad. To this day I dont even know what it's done to me long term, though I can safel say it sure as shit did something. Probably something pretty fucked up

--------------------

Offlinedrake89
Mushroom Magnate
Male User Gallery

Loc: TN
Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: morrowasted] * 2
    #25131549 - 04/11/18 06:44 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
i refuse to believe synth noids caused this. i dunno what the fuck they put in those blends now but i cannot believe people still use them.

They did say they tested positive for rat poison so there's your answer

--------------------
Fiery Fungi (like us on faeboo)

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: drake89]
    #25131676 - 04/11/18 07:25 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Jacobs ladder is probably a pretty good depiction of synth cannabis which is really just random shit and cancer.

Invisibletrvptamine
P-Mx$$
Male

Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: Konyap]
    #25132084 - 04/11/18 10:45 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

I remember when I first tried "synth weed" years ago it was actually enjoyable and I could smoke it out of a bong or blunt without getting paranoid. The last time I tried it was in 2014 and by that point if I even held a single hit in for a second too long I would get extremely paranoid and hallucinate and throw up. I had a friend who was addicted to those strong blends in 2014 that I couldnt handle and he would take a few hits and then pass out but he would walk around and act like a monster while asleep.

I cant imagine what they are like now.

Laughing buddha blueberry from back in 2012 was better than actual thc in my opinion and felt like super powered sativa weed without the paranoia mixed with pure mdma.

--------------------

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: trvptamine]
    #25132183 - 04/12/18 12:25 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

You would think they would name the brand so people can stop selling or buying it.

OfflineGallusgallus229
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: tacodude] * 2
    #25132234 - 04/12/18 01:16 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

tacodude said:
You would think they would name the brand so people can stop selling or buying it.

In my experience with these products, the brand name means next to nothing. Its whatever chemical is being used. You can sit two batches of the same 'stuff' from the same 'brand' and be getting high on two totally different chemicals.

--------------------

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: Gallusgallus229]
    #25132831 - 04/12/18 10:04 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Despite the perception that synthetic cannabinoids are safe and a legal alternative to marijuana, many are illegal...

Illegal = bleeding

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: drake89]
    #25132875 - 04/12/18 10:24 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

drake89 said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:

I wonder what would cause the bleeding and stuff, but synth noids, even the 99.85% pure JWHXXX ones could most definitely cause OD. Its like weed without the ceiling effect. If you smoke it like weed, every hit keeps getting you higher, pretty soon able to cause psychosis and seizures, the effects of a cannabamimetic substance that works the much the same way, but nature gives it actual brakes from those terrible effects. At low doses, pure cannabinoids do resemble thc

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: Fractal420]
    #25133034 - 04/12/18 11:41 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

paraphrased --
Numerous have tested positive for brodifacoum, a (legal) lethal anticoagulant often used in rat poison.

So, you can buy poison, which makes people bleed through the eyes, ears, nose, and urethra, on the open market.

But, not the herbal remedy, with no measurable, permanent side effects.

OfflineGallusgallus229
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: durian_2008]
    #25133489 - 04/12/18 03:25 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
paraphrased --
Numerous have tested positive for brodifacoum, a (legal) lethal anticoagulant often used in rat poison.

So, you can buy poison, which makes people bleed through the eyes, ears, nose, and urethra, on the open market.

Ahhh, of course!?!?
Isn't that the logical way to do things?!?!
Dadoiiiiiii zoop

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: Gallusgallus229]
    #25133517 - 04/12/18 03:52 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

i honestly understand the decision to use heroin more than the decision to use synthweed these days. at the least heroin high is good.

OfflineAjp420
Feed me LSD please
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania Flag
    #25133772 - 04/12/18 05:41 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
paraphrased --

Vitamin K? Or something

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: Ajp420] * 1
    #25133960 - 04/12/18 07:28 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Vit K is a coagulant.

brodifacoum and coumadin are anticoagulants.

InvisibleDualWieldRake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8b
    #25134849 - 04/13/18 05:27 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
paraphrased --

This :tongue:

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Fake weed in Illinois leaves 3 dead [Re: DualWieldRake]
    #25135039 - 04/13/18 08:05 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

The herbal remedy might get in something, on accident.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds