Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS * 1
    #25133953 - 04/12/18 09:25 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.newsweek.com/republican-tax-plan-donald-trump-cbo-884129

CBO is the Congressional Budget Office by the way:

Quote:

The report found significant differences between projected GDP, which measures the level of production in the U.S., and gross national product, which measures the income earned by all Americans. If the economic impact from GDP is higher than GNP,  the difference between the two is income generated in the United States but going to foreigners. According to the CBO, on average 34 percent of income from the economic activity driven by the tax cuts is flowing out of the country, and in 2028, when the full effects of the tax cuts are in place, that number will increase to 80 percent.

“We heard statement after statement about how this tax plan would be great for American workers but the analysis is clear,” Senator Chris Van Hollen told Newsweek. “When this thing kicks in, 80 cents of every dollar [gained from the tax plan] will go to foreigners and not American workers. That’s a stunning number.”

What do Trump supporters have to say about this? MAGA right? :rofldrunk:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Edited by musiclover420 (04/12/18 09:26 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #25133955 - 04/12/18 09:27 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Yay!  Something about Trump's bad policy for a change!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25133974 - 04/12/18 09:36 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

CBO is fake news on the right, haven't you heard?

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 3
    #25133983 - 04/12/18 09:40 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Yeah because so far we've only had:

The wall
Immagration
Trade Wars/tariffs
Global warming is a hoax, so we don't need pesky environmental regulations
Withdrawing from the Paris Agreement
"Clean coal" over renewable energy sources
Massive reductions in Public national parks (to be sold to private companies to pillage for resources)
Repealing Obamacare with no better alternative
Bring back the death penalty and torture
Keeping GITMO open
Anti Net Neutrality
Rolling back LGBT protection laws

And I definitely missed some...

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: musiclover420]
    #25133993 - 04/12/18 09:48 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25134012 - 04/12/18 09:57 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

He doesnt leave a lot of good policies to be pointing out right now.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #25134024 - 04/12/18 10:01 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

More fake news. How are the economic gains going to go overseas? Sounds idiotic but I don't expect you bunch to critically examine anything that might make trump look bad. If there was a story trump planned to grind up babies to make fertilizer, all of you would probably believe it instantly

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: Stonehenge]
    #25134029 - 04/12/18 10:04 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

He doesnt leave a lot of good policies to be pointing out right now.

Has he really done anything? He's mainly reversed policies made by earlier presidents, especially Obama...

The border wall seemed like one of his biggest ideas and look how that's turning out :lol:

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
More fake news. How are the economic gains going to go overseas?

1: Tax cuts mainly benefit the rich

2: Rich foreigners exploit new cuts

It's pretty simple...

Quote:

Sounds idiotic but I don't expect you bunch to critically examine anything that might make trump look bad. If there was a story trump planned to grind up babies to make fertilizer, all of you would probably believe it instantly

Totally fake news, it just comes from thehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Budget_Office

Quote:

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) is a federal agency within the legislative branch of the United States government that provides budget and economic information to Congress.[1] Inspired by California's Legislative Analyst's Office that manages the state budget in a strictly nonpartisan fashion, the CBO was created as a nonpartisan agency by the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974.

Quote:

Whereas politicians on both sides of the aisle have criticized the CBO when its estimates have been politically inconvenient,[11][5] economists and other academics overwhelmingly reject that the CBO is partisan or that it fails to produce credible forecasts.

:goodluckwiththat2:

--------------------

Edited by musiclover420 (04/12/18 10:04 PM)

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: musiclover420]
    #25134040 - 04/12/18 10:07 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Which gay laws did he repeal?

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25134076 - 04/12/18 10:24 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Which gay laws did he repeal?

Trump administration dismantles LGBT-friendly policies

Quote:

The Trump administration soon after taking office also moved to change the agency's LGBT-related health data collection, a window into health status and discrimination. Last month it established a new religious liberty division to defend health workers who have religious objections to treating LGBT patients.

Quote:

The changes at the Department of Health and Human Services represent "rapid destruction of so much of the progress on LGBT health," said Kellan Baker, a researcher at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health who worked with HHS on LGBT issues for nearly a decade. “It’s only a matter of time before all the gains made under the Obama administration are reversed under the Trump administration, for purposes that have nothing to do with public health and have everything to do with politics.”

The policy reversals also come after President Donald Trump repeatedly pledged during his campaign that he would support LGBT causes. "Thank you to the LGBT community!" Trump tweeted in June 2016. "I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs."

Trump administration rolls back protections for transgender students

--------------------

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25134079 - 04/12/18 10:26 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

That doesn't really mean hes anti gay

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: MagicMush123] * 1
    #25134084 - 04/12/18 10:30 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

So what then? He's just anti Obama? Because I think most of us realized that already.

But the fact is Trump campaigned as being LGBT friendly and within months of being elected proceeded to undo laws made to protect LGBT folks...

Trump is blatantly sexist so I don't know why anyone expected him to respect gay/trans people.

--------------------

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25134093 - 04/12/18 10:32 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Do think a nurse should be forced to aid trans patients if they're uncomfortable with them?

And its just the bathrooms lol, who cares

Or we can be like England https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/5454702/doctors-told-to-hang-rainbow-flags-to-make-waiting-rooms-more-welcoming-to-gay-patients/amp/

Edited by MagicMush123 (04/12/18 10:35 PM)

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: MagicMush123] * 2
    #25134100 - 04/12/18 10:36 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Lmao every single position you have is ever eroding in the face of facts.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25134156 - 04/12/18 10:54 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
And its just the bathrooms lol, who cares

No, it isn't... The second link is about LGBT student rights to use their bathroom of choice, the first article covers other issues...

It's not just Trump either, he has appointed several vocal anti LGBT people into office:

Quote:

However, staff inside the health department have raised concerns about several other Trump appointees now in senior roles who had a history of anti-LGBT comments before joining the agency. Among them is Roger Severino, a former Heritage Foundation official who has said that the Supreme Court's 2015 decision on same-sex marriage was "wrong" and repeatedly warned of its consequences.

"[S]ame-sex marriage was merely the start, not end, of the left’s LGBT agenda," Severino wrote in May 2016, about 10 months before he was tapped by Trump to be the health department's top civil rights official. "The radical left is using government power to coerce everyone, including children, into pledging allegiance to a radical new gender ideology over and above their right to privacy, safety, and religious freedom."

Quote:

HHS officials also pointed to a listening session that Severino convened in April 2017 with more than a dozen LGBT advocates as well as several follow-up conversations with medical experts. "The outreach has been significant," an agency spokesperson said.

But nearly all of those LGBT advocates said they've essentially been ignored since sitting down with Severino nearly a year ago.

"There’s been no communication since then through all the channels that he and his staff know how to reach us," said Mara Youdelman of the National Health Law Program, who attended last year's listening session and submitted subsequent requests for information that haven't been returned. "It was a one-shot deal — and all of their actions speak much louder than words and one listening session."

And here's some more:

Trump to reinstate US military ban on transgender people

And I probably missed some, it's hard to stay on top of all this crap...

--------------------

Edited by musiclover420 (04/12/18 10:55 PM)

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25134175 - 04/12/18 10:59 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

He banned trannys because they're mentally ill. And Republicans were pissed when obama let trannys join the army. I read the army met with trump and asked to re ban them. He didn't do it on his own.
You also forgot taking the gay section off the government website. Which i also agreed with because gays have nothing to do with Government.
Regarding his appointees, do you think its because theyre Republican? All those Republican guys are homophobes right?

Edited by MagicMush123 (04/12/18 11:02 PM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: TRUMP TAX PLAN: 80 PERCENT OF ECONOMIC GAINS WILL END UP GOING TO FOREIGNERS, CBO SAYS [Re: MagicMush123] * 1
    #25134186 - 04/12/18 11:04 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
He banned trannys because they're mentally ill.

:cuteshit:

I hope you are just a troll....

Plenty of non trans people are mentally ill believe it or not, we have plenty of crazy power hungry straight cops...

:thumbdown:

People have a right to serve in the military if they want. Doesn't matter if they are male, female, or whatever. There's no evidence to support banning them, aside from religious spite.

--------------------

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

#25134226 - 04/12/18 11:13 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
He banned trannys because they're mentally ill.

:cuteshit:

I hope you are just a troll....

Plenty of non trans people are mentally ill believe it or not, we have plenty of crazy power hungry straight cops...

:thumbdown:

People have a right to serve in the military if they want. Doesn't matter if they are male, female, or whatever. There's no evidence to support banning them, aside from religious spite.

Being trans is a mental illness. Its a fact.  And  everybody has a right to apply for the army, and the army has every right to reject anyone they want and for any reason. Including mental illness. You conform to the army, the army doesn't conform to you.
Although I've met some and they were fine, they're not all ill

And you're absolutely right, i believe cops or other positions of power should be more diligent on screening snd weeding out any but jobs. The last thing cops or army or whatever needs, is some malicious prick whos gonna abuse his power and abuse people

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

Loc: N. America
    #25134251 - 04/12/18 11:22 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Being trans is a mental illness. Its a fact. 

fake news.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#25134396 - 04/13/18 12:15 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:

Being trans is a mental illness. Its a fact.

If it's a fact why not provide some evidence/proof... That sounds like something you'd hear on Info Wars or Fox news :thumbdown:

Quote:

And  everybody has a right to apply for the army, and the army has every right to reject anyone they want and for any reason. Including mental illness. You conform to the army, the army doesn't conform to you.
Although I've met some and they were fine, they're not all ill

In certain cases sure, but general discrimination based on gender is fucked up and pointless.

Also it's ironic you keep bringing up mental illness, as many veterans actually end up having serious mental issues from being in the army, and often don't get the treatment they need.

Quote:

And you're absolutely right, i believe cops or other positions of power should be more diligent on screening snd weeding out any but jobs. The last thing cops or army or whatever needs, is some malicious prick whos gonna abuse his power and abuse people

Yes and there's no point generalizing to do it. It should be a case by case basis, malicious pricks come in all shapes and sizes.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Political Discussion