Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: merch137]
    #25306092 - 07/03/18 09:01 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Good, coco is what you should be using for your indoor.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemerch137
Genetic Resevoir
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Ran-D]
    #25306095 - 07/03/18 09:03 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ran-D said:
Good, coco is what you should be using for your indoor.

I only use it indoors on my mothers. Was more convenient already having grow bags and coco, as well as the clones being the most important ones to take care of during flowering. I had plenty of reasons for this but none were for performance.

Which is why the clones go into hydro not coco which is what you really should be doing indoors.

--------------------
Those that know their mushrooms say...[...] Amanita.
[quote]sublimistri said:
id probably just trip it out then make them a friend and grow my own belladonna secretly to dose them on. [/quote]

[quote]sublimistri said:
this is the exact reason I wanna grow belladonna, because ima get that bitch back. [/quote]

Edited by merch137 (07/03/18 09:11 AM)

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25306105 - 07/03/18 09:09 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm actually interested in the local Florida soil now that I'm thinking about it. I imagine its mostly sand right?

I knew a cat that used to guerilla grow in the swamps out there though. I wonder how he did it...

Offlinemerch137
Genetic Resevoir
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Ran-D] * 1
    #25306115 - 07/03/18 09:12 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I think the florida soil was in bottom middle as well as up one and to the left, possibly all three bottoms if I ran out of mixture

Theres sand in the bottom parts of this image where grass cleared, I found/used some dirt.

I also tried sand, which makes the soil compact, which is what I try to do the opposite of with lots of perlite, one of the things anyways.

--------------------
[quote]sublimistri said:
id probably just trip it out then make them a friend and grow my own belladonna secretly to dose them on. [/quote]

[quote]sublimistri said:
this is the exact reason I wanna grow belladonna, because ima get that bitch back. [/quote]

Edited by merch137 (07/03/18 10:00 AM)

InvisibleEl Torcho
Time for tea?
I'm a teapot

Loc: Lone Pine Hill
    #25306216 - 07/03/18 10:07 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Those plants look like garbage. Your soil is trash. Quit spreading incompetence. Can't you even afford some perlite?

--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

InvisibleFeroxx
Master of the Green Fist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cruel sun
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: El Torcho]
    #25306249 - 07/03/18 10:28 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

i have 50 liters or more of perlite, sorry, im greedy, im not handing anyone a single piece

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
    #25306365 - 07/03/18 11:55 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

merch137 said:
I've used bagged soil, and I've also used soil florida soil.

I didnt like none of the shit. "Good" soil don't exist in a superior fashion to other methods.

You got bad results because the soil is just the base. You need to add stuff like peat, perilite, worm castings, kelp, gypsum, and a bunch of other stuff and let it sit for a couple months. If you want something nice the you have to work for it.

How can you say that your LED is better than sunlight, unless maybe you live in the artic circle or something. The sun gives off every spectrum of light and even the best LEDs give off a narrow spectrum. Weed developed to live off the sun, not LEDs.

When I buy weed from the store the two things I want are soil grown and sun grown.

Invisiblehummingbird

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Lophosaurus] * 2
    #25306594 - 07/03/18 02:47 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I don't mind a little color in my girls, I like the fall look. 

These were taken down a little while back. All my ladies are grown indoors in recycled organic soil, the base of which is now 7 or 8 years old. Things like kelp, alfalfa, crab meal, gypsum, fishone meal, neem, rock dusts, etc.

Well made AACT will do wonders, so do seed sprout teas. Aloe and yucca extracts and some humic and fulvic acids.

I do occasionally run into issues here and there, but when it goes right...it goes sooo right. Never that generic nutrient line taste or smell in any strain. I'd rather have an ounce of top shelf than a pound of commercial.

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: hummingbird]
    #25306690 - 07/03/18 03:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Nice plants! I just got my jewelers loupe yesterday and I've been going our to get close up views like every hour, lol. They buds look pretty amazing close up. I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow.

All my trichromes are frosty white and don't appear amber to me, but 70% of the hairs turned orange already. Should I stop with nutrients when they start to get amber, or am I supposed to flush before that and cut down when they start to look amber?

Hopefully I can get a few close ups tomorrow with the loupe and get your opinions.

Invisiblehummingbird

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25306719 - 07/03/18 04:06 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks! Trichome forests are pretty awesome close up. There are occasionally  some strains that don't really get much amber, or ones that take forever to.

Its hard to tell without good pics, but it sounds like you are probably pretty close. If you are growing organic you don't need to flush. In fact well made soil with good humus content will most likely get waterlogged if you try. I like to start giving them some type of sugar(malt, cane, etc.) water or just plain water in the last week or two. A simple earthworm and molasses ACT is nice too.

I like my plants to start their dying process usually before harvest. Patience in the end will get you better smell, flavor, and a more full spectrum high.

Edited by hummingbird (07/03/18 04:08 PM)

Offlinemmcc
Stranger

#25306722 - 07/03/18 04:08 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hummingbird said:
I don't mind a little color in my girls, I like the fall look. 

These were taken down a little while back. All my ladies are grown indoors in recycled organic soil, the base of which is now 7 or 8 years old. Things like kelp, alfalfa, crab meal, gypsum, fishone meal, neem, rock dusts, etc.

Well made AACT will do wonders, so do seed sprout teas. Aloe and yucca extracts and some humic and fulvic acids.

I do occasionally run into issues here and there, but when it goes right...it goes sooo right. Never that generic nutrient line taste or smell in any strain. I'd rather have an ounce of top shelf than a pound of commercial.

Crab meal as in the exoskeleton? or meat? I always find tiny dead crabs at the beach ima start bringing them home and adding to the soil of itd be good.

Invisiblehummingbird

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: mmcc]
    #25306764 - 07/03/18 04:31 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Dried crab shell meal. Maybe wash the salt off them a little first, but those crabs would be awesome to add to your soil. Just don't go too crazy with it. Its a great source of chitin and things like Ca, N, and P. Chitin is good because it helps stimulate a plants natural defense systems.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#25306817 - 07/03/18 05:11 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hummingbird said:
....A simple earthworm and molasses ACT is nice too.

What does "ACT" stand for?

I've seen this mentioned a bunch of times while reading about growing, but I can not figure out what it is?

Assuming the letter "T" is for "tea"...?...lol

-OM

--------------------

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: openmind]
    #25306824 - 07/03/18 05:15 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Aerobic compost tea?

Beautiful flowers, hummingbird. :thumbup:

Invisiblehummingbird

Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: openmind]
    #25306826 - 07/03/18 05:16 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Aerated compost tea, or actively aerated compost tea. Tim Wilson is a great person to check out regarding the subject.

http://microbeorganics.com/ ;

Thanks@ Ran-D!

InvisibleMoonFarmer
peasant
Male

Loc: Flag
    #25306887 - 07/03/18 06:00 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hummingbird said:
Thanks! Trichome forests are pretty awesome close up. There are occasionally  some strains that don't really get much amber, or ones that take forever to.

Its hard to tell without good pics, but it sounds like you are probably pretty close. If you are growing organic you don't need to flush. In fact well made soil with good humus content will most likely get waterlogged if you try. I like to start giving them some type of sugar(malt, cane, etc.) water or just plain water in the last week or two. A simple earthworm and molasses ACT is nice too.

I like my plants to start their dying process usually before harvest. Patience in the end will get you better smell, flavor, and a more full spectrum high.

Why the sweet water the last few weeks? I've heard of molasses during the lifecycle, don't know the benefits though?

Your soil sounds amazing and I'm with you a 1000% on the fall look. I prefer outdoor but I love seeing a tent or room with all the colors. And I'm not talking purple or pink.

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: MoonFarmer]
    #25306950 - 07/03/18 06:44 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Some color changing is genetic, and some can be environmental. I was referring more to the fact that I've seen people who stop feeding nitrogen and let leaves yellow and fall off during flower.

Offlinemerch137
Genetic Resevoir
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Growers *DELETED* [Re: El Torcho]
    #25306958 - 07/03/18 06:51 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Mostly_Harmless

Reason for deletion: Keep the flaming out of the garden.

--------------------
[quote]sublimistri said:

[quote]sublimistri said:

Offlinemerch137
Genetic Resevoir
 User Gallery

#25306967 - 07/03/18 06:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

hummingbird said:
If you are growing organic you don't need to flush. In fact well made soil with good humus content will most likely get waterlogged if you try.

And soil that will get waterlogged at all is trash period. that will ruin plants and roots and is a complete and total trashy environment for root systems to thrive. Theyll live not thrive.

I can pour infinite gallons into my mixes and it will balance itself out and be clean soil, this is why i use high perlite its impossible to get the many problems that come from saturation.

--------------------
[quote]sublimistri said:

[quote]sublimistri said:

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Growers [Re: merch137] * 2
    #25306975 - 07/03/18 07:00 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Oh boy...

Maybe its time to smoke a joint and take a timeout from posting.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom