Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations * 3
    #25125834 - 04/09/18 03:38 PM (6 months, 4 days ago)

LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations
psypost.org

The psychedelic drug LSD induced synesthesia-like experiences in an individual who was born without vision, a condition known as congenital blindness, according to a new case study published in the journal Consciousness and Cognition.

Synesthesia occurs when a person experiences an overlap in their senses. A person experiencing synesthesia might be able to taste colors or see sounds. There have been reports about LSD causing synesthesia ever since the psychedelic drug was first discovered by Albert Hofmann in the 1930s.

The new case study is the first qualitative account of LSD use in a congenitally blind person to be published in a scientific journal

The subject of the case study was born two-months premature in 1948 and suffered permanent blindness because of an over-saturation of oxygen at birth.

His love of music led him to become a professional keyboard player, singer and entertainer for several years. He had regularly taken LSD, along with other drugs like marijuana and magic mushrooms, before speaking to researchers about his experiences.

LSD never caused him to experience visual hallucinations, but he said that using psychedelic drugs amplified his experience of sound, touch and smell.

“Every time I did acid, I experienced something new and spectacular. Obviously through the senses which are available to me! I never had any visual images come to me. I can’t see or imagine what light or dark might look like. With LSD and cannabis though, I experienced so much through my hearing, touch and emotions that it was already enough for me to take!”

He also reported that listening to music could induce sensory sensations.

“During my psychedelic experiences, whenever I listened to music, I felt as if I was immersed in the most beautiful waterfall ever. The episode of the waterfall was the nearest I ever came to experiencing anything like synesthesia. The music of Bach’s third Brandenburg concerto brought on the waterfall effect.”

“The sounds coming from songs I would normally listen to became three dimensional, deep and delayed. It seemed that music began coming apart and unravelling.”

Psychedelic drugs also altered his tactile sensations and perception of time. He told researchers he had experienced temporary aphasia, meaning the loss of ability to understand speech, under the influence of LSD. His dreams also became more intense.

“My dreams have always been very vivid in the past, but when I was under the influence of LSD, I would occasionally find myself dreaming in prose… I couldn’t always sleep, but if I did my dreams would be extremely detailed, sometimes even in very wordy Shakespearian language, often lasting longer than my normal dreams”

However, he told the researchers that he eventually stopped using psychedelic drugs because he felt he was becoming too introverted and paranoid.

The case report, “Synesthetic hallucinations induced by psychedelic drugs in a congenitally blind man“, was authored by Sara Dell’Erba, David J.Brown and Michael J.Proulx.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
Re: LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations [Re: Ythan]
    #25126650 - 04/09/18 08:55 PM (6 months, 4 days ago)

I've always been intensely curious as to whether a blind person would see kaleidoscopic visions on DMT. LSD, or mushrooms.  Although it's as small a sample (one!) as you could ever have, I suppose this is an answer of sorts.

The remaining question I'd love to have answered is what would a person who once had sight see after blindness due to accident or disease if administered LSD, DMT or mushrooms.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations [Re: Nature Boy]
    #25127287 - 04/10/18 01:54 AM (6 months, 4 days ago)

I wanna know if they can see in theyre dreams:strokebeard3:

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25127487 - 04/10/18 06:16 AM (6 months, 4 days ago)

I have ALWAYS wondered about this. Was usually about a blind person smoking weed and getting some closed eye visuals, but lsd is even better. Id imagine this would work great

"You dont see with your eyes, you perceive with your mind"

I always assumed the kaleidoscopic visuals would be there even for a blind person who doesnt even know what color is

Quote:

However, he told the researchers that he eventually stopped using psychedelic drugs because he felt he was becoming too introverted and paranoid

Probably fell in love at first. And used it alot im guessing.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations [Re: Fractal420]
    #25127510 - 04/10/18 06:45 AM (6 months, 4 days ago)

Its not like we have alot of blind users we can ask:lol:

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Offlinedurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25127588 - 04/10/18 08:04 AM (6 months, 4 days ago)

Quote:

However, he told the researchers that he eventually stopped using psychedelic drugs because he felt he was becoming too introverted and paranoid.

It's properly an example of enlightenment, to be made aware of your (excuse me) blind trust.

Offlinedurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations [Re: durian_2008]
    #25127589 - 04/10/18 08:06 AM (6 months, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:

Quote:

Obviously through the senses which are available to me!

:peace:

OfflineJustAnotherFreak
Male

Re: LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations [Re: durian_2008]
    #25130397 - 04/11/18 10:25 AM (6 months, 3 days ago)

this reads well whilst listening to alan watts

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25131019 - 04/11/18 04:12 PM (6 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
Its not like we have alot of blind users we can ask:lol:

Pretty sure there are devices for oral dictation of shroomery-type template forums...

There could be people here who are legally blind. IIRC mushroom john was having trouble with seeing facebook i read somewhere

Offlinetrvptamine
P-Mx$$
Male

#25132074 - 04/12/18 12:39 AM (6 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:

he said he dreamed in prose on lsd so i assume without lsd maybe his dreams are more just sensations? when he takes lsd the sensations became something more defined?

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD causes congenitally blind man to experience synesthesia-like hallucinations [Re: trvptamine]
    #25132496 - 04/12/18 07:50 AM (6 months, 2 days ago)

I assume a blind person who has never seen color would be awestruck and wouldnt be able to explain what theyre seeing closed eye on say, 250 mics for someone with no tolerance

I believe the geometrics would be present and even visible (behind closed eyelids :shpongle:)

But they might just be like "WTFF IS THAT"

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleDoc9151S
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast Flag
    #25142235 - 04/16/18 12:27 AM (5 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:

That's my question as well, what does a person that's never seen anything dream about and are the dreams visual?

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional mycologist, I study the macro/micro taxonomy of mushrooms, but I can make mistakes, I'm human, not to mention identification from pictures is difficult. If you want to eat it, varify all identifications of non actives before doing so, it's up to you to be sure we are right.

https://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my area

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Shpongle

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service