Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBlue Wrench
Bolt Turner
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Failure to communicate and network polarization
    #25117936 - 04/06/18 11:40 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Back in the day of the printing press new ideas were able to spread more quickly than ever before, and instead of an immediate period of enlightenment that folks such as Luther hoped for; It caused a hundred and thirty years of warfare.

This happened in part because the catholic church had spent so much time supressing the freedom to speak ones opinions that when people could finally get their ideas out, they usually just followed already existing religious ideologies. Polarization caused by networking.

Apply this to modern day polarization of the internet and the previous lack of ability to speak ones opinions in public in the 70's 80's and 90's. People avoided talking about politics, religion, and sex like the plague; though it was mostly to avoid offending people.

Do you think that avoiding talking about these things in the past is what has made the internet today such a politically polarized place?

Edit: this is the podcast that spurred this question.

--------------------
Bods Easy AF Link List

Most teks have too much bullshit. These methods by bod do not.

Edited by Blue Wrench (04/06/18 12:19 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Failure to communicate and network polarization [Re: Blue Wrench]
    #25118082 - 04/06/18 12:54 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Trumpism and Facebook are going to make 2016 pivotal in many academic careers.

--------------------

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #25119651 - 04/06/18 11:33 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

No. The internet just allows the fringes room to spread out. There was always polarization, it just appears more subtle in comparison now. But before the internet, that polarization that seems quaint now was as stark as the internet seems today.

And also, there is not really polarization. I used it above to play with the context of the conversation, but in reality, ideas do not exist in a digital format.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Failure to communicate and network polarization [Re: xFrockx]
    #25121975 - 04/07/18 11:44 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
No. The internet just allows the fringes room to spread out. There was always polarization, it just appears more subtle in comparison now. But before the internet, that polarization that seems quaint now was as stark as the internet seems today.

And also, there is not really polarization. I used it above to play with the context of the conversation, but in reality, ideas do not exist in a digital format.

Reality is probably not digital but that doesn't mean polarity doesn't exist.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

“I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
Loc: FM Radio...?
    #25122626 - 04/08/18 10:41 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Blue Wrench said:
Back in the day of the printing press new ideas were able to spread more quickly than ever before, and instead of an immediate period of enlightenment that folks such as Luther hoped for; It caused a hundred and thirty years of warfare.

This happened in part because the catholic church had spent so much time supressing the freedom to speak ones opinions that when people could finally get their ideas out, they usually just followed already existing religious ideologies. Polarization caused by networking.

Apply this to modern day polarization of the internet and the previous lack of ability to speak ones opinions in public in the 70's 80's and 90's. People avoided talking about politics, religion, and sex like the plague; though it was mostly to avoid offending people.

Do you think that avoiding talking about these things in the past is what has made the internet today such a politically polarized place?

Edit: this is the podcast that spurred this question.

I'd say, [try to] Censor your Views of Politics! Fasting from Anything Outside of each person! Or, disconnect some from Hearing Anything in Radio, News or other Mainstream Reporters. I've lost faith in them, the fact that they cannot tell the truth, maybe literally too! So, Or, it would be like trying to tell the Story of Procreation, to like 1st Graders in school. The News Media, thereof cannot Speak truth about countless things. They have to fudge in Parables & Fictional Events, but might relevance in reality. Etc.. it's profound to think about.

Don't pay attention to Politics! Not much. If you Know other's who talk about Politics much, say you might want to take a break from politics in conversing. Or, I believe that if Many People Fasted the Current Event News, they would feel less - burdened & stressed & worried & bound.

I'd say, we all should go Indian Style of living!

In other words. Don't allow a Big Government to dictate you or your demographics & the People's Rights! Or, don't Allow a Nation to Control the State's! Don't allow the States to Infringe upon Right's.

I'd like to leave the Whole Government Behind! Yep, & the Politics! And I'd rather have a bunch of Prospering people without Money & Politics, nor with Taxes & National or Global News. Or, just Live like you & yours are the Only News you Need to hear about. All else, don't even Listen to! Or, I've been & plan on, Fasting from Radio & News & Politics & Commercials! I'm more interested in finding Personal Peace. Or, I Plan on telling Politics in General - it would be Politically Correct to assert that  Politics is Past the Point of Return! Or, hopefully Global & Domineering Politics Will Fall Off the Obsolete Flat Earth!

Then, I will see, that Politics wasn't Needed except as a Challenge to undermine, literally & metaphorically. Or, I See that Politics is, Obsolete as it shouldn't be Centralised Anywhere. Albeit Everyone online still Could try to improve each other's demographics by humbly sharing what works or not, per Anecdotal evidences or Manifest evidence. Then, Everyone can Grow & Learn from each other, but without much Politics involved, but Prosperity will negate a need for Shady Politics!

My Elysium Trips

--------------------
I MET ME-T, or M-ET, on Voyages via My Elysium Trips.

Remember that Life is But a Trip, & Tripping is Perpetual, Whether Sober or not. So, Tripping isn't anything but going along on a Trip.

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/08/18 10:56 AM)

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
Loc: FM Radio...?
Re: Failure to communicate and network polarization [Re: My Elysium Trips]
    #25122705 - 04/08/18 11:18 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

What if, Directly Behind the Sun...

What if the Sun & the Moon. Are in Reality, other Planets?

Like a Single Way Mirror with actually a Moon & Star's that Reflect into your eyes? Couldn't that happen? Like, people watching you while you look at what you Believe is more or less like a Painting on a Canvas?

And maybe the Only reasons they might project their Illusions, might be because That was Intentionally Projected to make believe it's something Erroneous. Even the Solar Radiation, Corona Discharge, could be simulated if People are to a Scale degree. Etc.. Or, Scale things Up, it will dwarf people. But, I Believe Actually, If the Moon & Sun was Actually an illusion, I cannot Know. But it Could be that People are just Soo Tiny & the Moon & Sun are like Grains of Sand, one on fire. Maybe Other world's lined up like Duck Rows, where other worlds are Directly Behind the "dark side" of the Heavens. Like Dark Side of Moon, or Hidden Side of Sun. Maybe earth is inside Insulation Foam, & it's now being built to Infinity & Beyond...?

Or, what if, hypothetically, what if the Moon was Home to Many ET whom are Watching via a Single Way Mirror?

What if the Sun, was Actually a Scaled Up LED Light Bulb, & on the other side, is Watchers whom are chilling in their own Planets behind the Fake Sun...?

In other words. It's Possible Earth is Soo extremely Tiny, that we are like a Bubble in an Aquarium that is being Farmed to Bloom into Branching Ways, New Dimensions in Same Experienced Dimension. And, Moon might be a Projection or Single Way Mirror, & the Sun might be holding Many other Planet's behind That! Same with tbe Moon. Like LED Light Strips, Just Strips of Planets whom are Projecting between a Moon & Sun.

Or, I'm not saying anything except as an imaginary conjecture that I believe Could happen. But in today's world? I don't Study that enough to Know. I know I don't Believe what "Science" says about Astronomy. I can somewhat see, I cannot somewhat see, the Stars are like Alive.

And, please, I'm somewhat joking here above.

My Elysium Trips

--------------------
I MET ME-T, or M-ET, on Voyages via My Elysium Trips.

Remember that Life is But a Trip, & Tripping is Perpetual, Whether Sober or not. So, Tripping isn't anything but going along on a Trip.

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/08/18 11:35 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology