Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
Any crazy experiences with wildlife? * 2
    #25113422 - 04/04/18 11:08 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I was camping in Sequoia National Forest. I was just getting dark and I was lighting the fire. I look up and this big ass buck is running top speed right at me. I was right in between 2 trees and it was coming right for me. It got about 5 feet away from me and veered off. That thing could have killed me or messed me up really bad.

Another time I was camping at Devils Lake State Park in WI. It was night and me and my ex girl were sitting around the fire and I hear a noise by the cooler. So I get up and look and its a racoon trying to get in the cooler. So I yelled at it and it ran away. I sit back down and 10 minutes later its back. I get up and yell and it starts hissing at me. Then it opens the cooler and pulls out a bag and takes off with it. It had cheese and a bunch of butter in it. That thing probably got sick as hell.

I have also hit 2 deer with 2 different vehicles.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Boof Hard Or Go Home
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: ds442]
    #25114996 - 04/05/18 02:40 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I was riding my atv when i was younger and ran across a dog that had broke his chain.
The chain had got wrapped all up in a thicket so he was pretty stuck.
Dog was freaking out.
Growling and just being nasty.
So i sat there and talked him down and eventually unhooked his collar and set him free.

Made me feel really in tune with animals ever since? :shrug:
This was before Caesar. :rofl:

Ive hit a few animal's unfortunately.
A deer.
A raccoon.
Possums.
Bugs. ( Bet they won't have the guts to do that again! )
Bird's.
Bats.
Snakes.
A few dog's and cats...:frown:
Fish.
Turtles. :frown:
I kayaked into some jellyfish one time...kinda creepy.

--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: ds442] * 1
    #25115250 - 04/05/18 07:06 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Thats cool you saved the dog. dogs are awesome. I have one now and she is the greatest dog I ever had. Just so friendly and outgoing. The sweetest creature ever. Listens so well. I used to walk her without a leash and other dogs would walk by and she would stay right by my side. I rescued her from a shelter when she was 2 months old and she is now 10. She has ligament problems so I cant take her on long hikes anymore. Sucks.

Yeah I started getting in to nature when I started fishing. Then I moved to CA and it was so beautiful there. I seen alot of wildlife there. Bears,elk,seals,whales, and all kinds of stuff. I just love nature now. It brings me so much peace. Im back in IL now and go hiking alot in the forest preserves. There are tons of deer and coyotes. I got like 5 feet from a buck one time but it wouldnt let me pet it.

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25115277 - 04/05/18 07:20 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I saw a bunch of feral horses this week on Cumberland Island, but had no interaction other than taking a few pictures.
Years ago a quick trip to the bathhouse in a campground led to the raccoons getting into our weed brownies. It was just starting to get dark, I knew better. We had way more than we needed, and was able to salvage enough that hadn’t been chewed on. I left the rest out for them that night. They were crazier than normal that night, fighting and carrying on. The next night, they were about 3 hours late to raid the campground.
Thankfully I’ve never had a bear encounter while camping. This one guy I go with sometimes is really sloppy with food, it’s almost certain to happen one day.

--------------------

Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: JizzMasterZero] * 1
    #25115673 - 04/05/18 11:18 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

You got the raccoons high :smile:

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #25116528 - 04/05/18 05:57 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I hate racoon's,nasty fuckers
Hit in head by momma black bear in ak
Came across dead bear in road in bullards bar reservoir, laid down next to it
Saw a American Marten
Saw albino killer whale
Caught 40# plus king salmon

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: 5150] * 1
    #25116729 - 04/05/18 07:17 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

You got hit in the head by a bear thats fucking crazy. They are like the only thing that scares me.

Aside from that raccoon stealing my food I dont mind them. Some people have them as pets. I used to be a garbage man. This dumpster I would pick up first thing in the morning would always have like 6 raccoons in it. They never bothered me.

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #25119098 - 04/06/18 05:33 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Yep camped on a game trail above girdwood  ak,woke up to big bear paw come down over my tent,no damage,always sleep with a merino wool hat on,yelled,grabbed my hand axe and came out of the collapsed tent,momma bear had backed off to 20 feet and her little cub was up a tree like  right near the tent, north face sent me new poles and I duct taped all the slits

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

OfflineSunnie
Stranger

Loc: The Boonies
    #25193844 - 05/09/18 04:53 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Rounded a hill off-trail way back when one winter to discover a hind leg from a deer just laying there, obviously fresh because of the blood all over the surrounding snow.  My dog at the time was all hyped up about it, but I didn't share the same enthusiasm....  :uhoh:

I've seen plenty of coyotes out here, and a few people near me have seen a family of black bears hanging around.  Luckily, bears are the only thing in my area that are intimidating (Besides that damn clown in the sewers).

OfflineSydros
Pothead
Male
Loc: CA
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: Sunnie]
    #25197995 - 05/11/18 04:54 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Was tripping with a group near this area known for giant elk. We found this beautiful strand and decided to sit down in a trip circle and talk about life and shit. HUGE bull elk saunters over to our tribe and since everyone's tripping no one is freaking yet, I think I was the only one even aware of it at first. Let's be real, male elk are dangerous but it was all good vibes so we just kept chilling and tried to ignore it/be chill with it. Pushes his 900 lbs ass through a gap in our circle and lays down.  A couple of us got the balls to pet him and this girl in our group snapped a couple pics with her little Polaroid. I got harsh into the peaks about this time and I was on the biggest dose so the next while is a blur but what I think was about an hour passed before it got up and left. Only one person even noticed that it had, I guess the rest of us were writhing around too enraptured to notice this massive being peace out.  One of the most "magical" times in my life.

OfflineSofaking420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myco mountain
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: Sydros]
    #25198040 - 05/11/18 05:19 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Me and my bro just went to rockville Maryland to some camp site on the river and set up camp. There's squirrels and geese and wildlife all-around us. We go for a walk to burn one because there's campers around us and we split 1g of gt, smoke a j and when we walk back to the camp there's this terrible sound coming from our tent!!! I thought it was someone robbing us , I grab a stick and jump around the corner and it's a freaking goose getting the sub sandwich my bro purchased , tore open the plastic clam shell packaging and made such a mess all over our gear n tent. Thankfully we never unpacked our gear because it would have got trashed.

Edit:   

Edited by Sofaking420 (05/11/18 06:28 PM)

OfflinePennyLane88
Flower Child
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #25198222 - 05/11/18 06:54 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ds442 said:
You got hit in the head by a bear thats fucking crazy. They are like the only thing that scares me.

Aside from that raccoon stealing my food I dont mind them. Some people have them as pets. I used to be a garbage man. This dumpster I would pick up first thing in the morning would always have like 6 raccoons in it. They never bothered me.[/quote

Damn right bears are scary AF. Ever seen that movie Backcountry? It's a true story. Super crazy bear story .

--------------------
::In a closed society, where everyone is guilty, the only real crime is getting caught::

:acidcat:

InvisibleDoalrite
Meat popsicle
I'm a teapot

Loc: Here, there, everywhere
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: PennyLane88]
    #25198236 - 05/11/18 07:01 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I was tripping at night on the side of a mountain in a cabin, I had eaten a sheet of acid, smoked a lot of meth and probably other stuff. I got freaked out and decided I had to go sit in my car, a couple of friends came with me.

While we were sitting there for hours? Decades more likely, the sky erupted with green light. It went from pitch black to green, then the lights condensed into 3ft giant orbs of blinking lights as far up and as far down as you could see.

Fog had settled on the mountains and fire flys had come out in mass, prettiest damn thing I had ever seen, the sun came up shortly and I started to drive home tripping balls. That’s when the chicken crossed the road, and he did it because I was tripping.

--------------------
“Every man is guilty of the good he did not do”
“There is no right or wrong human behavior, there is only healthy and unhealthy.”

Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: Doalrite]
    #25198983 - 05/12/18 07:19 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like a good time.

Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: Sunnie]
    #25198997 - 05/12/18 07:29 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sunnie said:
Rounded a hill off-trail way back when one winter to discover a hind leg from a deer just laying there, obviously fresh because of the blood all over the surrounding snow.  My dog at the time was all hyped up about it, but I didn't share the same enthusiasm....  :uhoh:

I've seen plenty of coyotes out here, and a few people near me have seen a family of black bears hanging around.  Luckily, bears are the only thing in my area that are intimidating (Besides that damn clown in the sewers).

Coyotes are pussies. I see them all the time. 99% of the time they take off as soon as they see you. They mainly travel solo or in pairs. Once I seen 4 together. They were walking at me on an adjoining trail about 30 feet from me. Didn't seem scared or excited or anything. Just kept walking straight at me. I was being followed by 1 while hiking with my dog. I stopped to take a piss and looked over and 1 was like 40 feet behind me. As soon as it seen me see it, it took off. It might have been just going the same way I was. In some places they are known to play with dogs or run them off. My dog is 10 but she would tear apart a coyote. She got in a dog fight once at a dog park and the other dog didn't come away too well. Had a big gash on it's chest.

Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: Sydros]
    #25199001 - 05/12/18 07:31 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sydros said:
Was tripping with a group near this area known for giant elk. We found this beautiful strand and decided to sit down in a trip circle and talk about life and shit. HUGE bull elk saunters over to our tribe and since everyone's tripping no one is freaking yet, I think I was the only one even aware of it at first. Let's be real, male elk are dangerous but it was all good vibes so we just kept chilling and tried to ignore it/be chill with it. Pushes his 900 lbs ass through a gap in our circle and lays down.  A couple of us got the balls to pet him and this girl in our group snapped a couple pics with her little Polaroid. I got harsh into the peaks about this time and I was on the biggest dose so the next while is a blur but what I think was about an hour passed before it got up and left. Only one person even noticed that it had, I guess the rest of us were writhing around too enraptured to notice this massive being peace out.  One of the most "magical" times in my life.

That is cool as hell.

Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: Sofaking420]
    #25199005 - 05/12/18 07:37 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sofaking420 said:
Me and my bro just went to rockville Maryland to some camp site on the river and set up camp. There's squirrels and geese and wildlife all-around us. We go for a walk to burn one because there's campers around us and we split 1g of gt, smoke a j and when we walk back to the camp there's this terrible sound coming from our tent!!! I thought it was someone robbing us , I grab a stick and jump around the corner and it's a freaking goose getting the sub sandwich my bro purchased , tore open the plastic clam shell packaging and made such a mess all over our gear n tent. Thankfully we never unpacked our gear because it would have got trashed.

Edit:   

Geese are brave. The other day 1 was chasing my dog and hissing. My dog would easily kill it. I have been chased by them when they are mating.

Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25199159 - 05/12/18 09:41 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

It's funny I just made that post about coyotes earlier.

I just took my dog for a short hike. There is a slough a ways off the trail. I seen a few big birds so I walk down to take some pics. As I am taking them I hear some loud barking. I look over and this coyote is barking and howling like crazy. It kept doing it for like 5 minutes as we were walking away.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25271010 - 06/15/18 09:02 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Ive had some majestic moments with ducks and geese on the river.

I go jetskiing on a river a couple miles from my house. Occassionally, i will jet kei down the river and a geese or duck or even a small flock of them will "fly" with me, matching speeds. Its really special. I think even a stork flew with me, they are pretty big.

Definitely majestic :awesome::thumbup:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineAndromea
Stranger

Re: Any crazy experiences with wildlife? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #25271325 - 06/16/18 01:20 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not sure how "crazy" these are, but nevermind. :smile:

I rescued a hawk from a possum trap once. Unfortunately his foot didn't make it, so I left dead possums out for him for the rest of the summer.

Another time I spotted a bull wandering around with a gate attached to his horns (he had lifted it off the rails). We managed to get that off of him.

Another weird experience was when a little baby goat jumped off a cliff and landed right next to me. He just stood there, so we took him home n raised him.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder