Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJWM
Stranger
Male
Re: I have never had a hallucination while on psychedelics [Re: openmind]
    #25119044 - 04/06/18 05:18 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I read a post on an older microdots thread by "mjshroomer" where he listed a good many of the tabs from the Haight Ashbury days. Those were the same tabs I was taking at the time (summer of '68- summer of '70) The pills were hard and shiny like anything you'd get from a pharmacy. They were all very visual: Tracers,fine grained, sharp kaleidoscopic patterning, this sense of seeing a fourth crystalline dimension overlaying everything. And this was open eye in broad daylight. The later stuff like orange sunshine was also very visual, but not so fine grained and crystalline as the earlier tabs. I first did a blue microdot sometime in the spring of '70. It was quite different. The come on was steep and scary. the trip was speedy, and very uncomfortable. It was the first time I just wanted a psychedelic to be over with. My friends and I described it as all heavies, and no hallucinations. I did it infrequently up until '76 or '77. Some was nicer than the microdot, but none of it had the hallucinatory quality of the earlier pills. I always assumed it was the quality of the chemistry. Lately I've begun to wonder if the difference was putting that stuff into a new-to-it-all sixteen year old brain. My first encounter with  the mushroom was actually more visual than what I remembered from acid. But that was a typical mushroom first time trainwreck. Tell me if you've heard this one: "I've never done these before. How much will it take to get a good idea of the experience?" "Oh, well, just do an eighth..."
Ninety minutes later I had the walls melting, and I was just beggin' it to stop. :wink:

JWM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRollin.n.Strollin
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: I have never had a hallucination while on psychedelics [Re: JWM]
    #25119351 - 04/06/18 07:08 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

IDK, I've had strong and colorful patterns both Open and closed from about 2.8g-3.5g of cubes, but below that the chances are more subjective.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: I have never had a hallucination while on psychedelics [Re: Rollin.n.Strollin]
    #25119829 - 04/07/18 12:01 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

It's dose dependent with mushrooms - I have vivid OEV during the peak with tea, and (for instance) the walls become overlaid with Mayan glyphs or similar.  CEVs go on quite a while longer if you know how to look for them - fireworks stuff, intricate expanding color-shifting tesselations, all quite beautiful.  High enough dosages will bring on OEVs in broad daylight, things that really aren't there although usually suggested by something in the visual field.

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: I have never had a hallucination while on psychedelics [Re: Rollin.n.Strollin] * 2
    #25119831 - 04/07/18 12:05 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I distinguish between visuals and visions.

Visuals are for me the visual effects caused by psychedelics. Both open and closed eyed.
Closed eye visuals are usually morphing colorful, mandala, web like patterns of all kinds.
Open eye visuals are bending and morphing of objects, boosted colors and breathing walls, sometimes patterns overlaying surfaces. Everything flows in a natural rhythm. Tracers behind moving objects..

Visions for me are complete sceneries or short movies, sometimes ultra sharp like HD, other times blurry but very emotional.
Those visions are not seen with my open eyes, they are like a dream in my head. Like an old memory that I remember.
Though I've never been to those places /sceneries in my current life yet. So it's no real memory, but it feels like it. A hallucinated memory if you want..

All of this I call hallucinatons. I might see faces on walls, yes, but that's advanced pattern recognition, no real hallucination.
Real hallucinations, like people appearing out of nowhere in front of me, are not common with psychedelics at all.

Shrooms are more visual for me than acid. Specially with open eyes there is a whole lot going on even in small doses like 2g. And more colorful they are for me. I get visions from shrooms like a direct upload of old memories into my brain.
Acid lacks those visions for me, sadly. But it's fun and I love it, too.
I read about passionflower enabling this visionary dimension with acid. I tried it out twice so far and I have to say it's true for me.
When I combine passionflower (tea) with acid I get visions and it feels more natural, ancient and mystical this way.
Like an altered more natural acid trip. And it adds an hour or two to the whole experience. :thumbup:

-

Edited by Pandemoon (04/07/18 12:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom