Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblelocospacebean
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Cool Mist Humidifier not working on Noma timers
    #25111658 - 04/03/18 07:27 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys,

Anyone else have an issue when they try connecting their humidifier to a timer?

I have a "Crane Ultrasonic, Cool Mist Humidifier" and i've attempted to set it up on 2 different "Noma Indoor" grounded timers.  Each one has malfunctioned.

When it comes time for the timer to kick on, it doesn't... and instead, all my timer programming gets erased and the clock resets, or it jumps to a random time on a random day of the week.

Wondering what i can do to fix this?

The timers work fine when i connect lights or other devices to them, just not the humidifier... seems very odd to me.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefluorescent
Unexpected.
 User Gallery

Re: Cool Mist Humidifier not working on Noma timers [Re: locospacebean]
    #25111871 - 04/03/18 09:11 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

If I had to put money on something without any more information, I'd guess that the current draw (even if just an initial spike) is more than the timer was built to handle.

Offlinepndmnm
Male User Gallery

Re: Cool Mist Humidifier not working on Noma timers [Re: fluorescent]
    #25111927 - 04/03/18 09:37 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fluorescent said:
If I had to put money on something without any more information, I'd guess that the current draw (even if just an initial spike) is more than the timer was built to handle.

What this guy said. That or they've done a poor job of electrical interference canceling on the power input side of the humidifier. Ultrasonics are driven at high frequencies, those high frequencies could be in the power line side messing with your timer.

Only spec sheet I found was of a similar ungrounded version rated at 600 w (5 amps). Don't know about your humidifier but I suspect it's similar to the one I found rated at 45 w (less than an amp). Current loading shouldn't be the issue. Switching should be relay driven and there ought to be enough protection in the timer to prevent an issue like you're describing, even if the load is initially high or the humidifier is electrically noisy.

Without more information, my bet is two cheaply made devices that don't jive well together.

Maybe you got a few junk timers. :shrug:

Edited by pndmnm (04/03/18 09:54 PM)

Invisiblelocospacebean
Male User Gallery

Re: Cool Mist Humidifier not working on Noma timers [Re: pndmnm]
    #25112090 - 04/03/18 10:37 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pndmnm said:
Quote:

fluorescent said:

What this guy said. That or they've done a poor job of electrical interference canceling on the power input side of the humidifier. Ultrasonics are driven at high frequencies, those high frequencies could be in the power line side messing with your timer.

Only spec sheet I found was of a similar ungrounded version rated at 600 w (5 amps). Don't know about your humidifier but I suspect it's similar to the one I found rated at 45 w (less than an amp). Current loading shouldn't be the issue. Switching should be relay driven and there ought to be enough protection in the timer to prevent an issue like you're describing, even if the load is initially high or the humidifier is electrically noisy.

Without more information, my bet is two cheaply made devices that don't jive well together.

Maybe you got a few junk timers. :shrug:

Ya, the ultrasonic is rated at 45 w, so i was skeptical about load issues but i was curious about whether there was a higher than normal initial spike when the unit first switches on...?

The first timer i used was a pretty cheap indoor-rated one but was supposedly rated for up to 5 amp, 600w.
Noma Indoor piece-of-crap timer

The 2nd one i tried was supposedly "heavy duty"... meant to support air conditioners and appliances:
Noma "Heavy Duty" piece-of-crap timer
It's still a piece of crap.

Wish i hadn't lost the receipt but looks like i'll have to continue my search for a timer that doesn't suck.

--------------------

Offline99.99
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cool Mist Humidifier not working on Noma timers [Re: locospacebean]
    #25112096 - 04/03/18 10:39 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I use this with mine.. Works great  I found I needed more control than just having a timer for the humidifier

WILLHI WH1436H Mini Plug-n-play Digital Air Humidity Controller with probe for Humidi... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076LMFRHG/ref=cm_sw_r_apip_s1X5OFL3bPrqC

Invisiblelocospacebean
Male User Gallery

Re: Cool Mist Humidifier not working on Noma timers [Re: 99.99]
    #25112133 - 04/03/18 10:53 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

99.99 said:
I use this with mine.. Works great  I found I needed more control than just having a timer for the humidifier

WILLHI WH1436H Mini Plug-n-play Digital Air Humidity Controller with probe for Humidi... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076LMFRHG/ref=cm_sw_r_apip_s1X5OFL3bPrqC

Nice, i was looking at the WILLHI WH8040 quite some time ago... didn't even notice the WH1436H...

Thanks for the link!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation