Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Autoclave, Impulse Sealer, Laminar Flow Hood, Spawn Bags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheBearJew
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Not many affordable spawn bags in EU, how about this 40x60cm PP FLAT bag?
    #25107722 - 04/02/18 03:56 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

PP 40x60cm  or 15.5x23.5 inch flat bag, 40my thick

A PP "stand up" bag 18x7x30cm or 7x3x11.5inches LxWxH

I have no idea what 40my means, but 50my is what laboratories use in their autoclave bags. Regular bags are 30my.

I want to grow shiitakes and other stuff. I dont want to throw down 200 Euros for 1k proper spawn bags from china until I figure out what im doing. Options are expensive here in EU.

I really cant even begin to imagine how these bags will work. For fruiting do I cut off the top? do I lay it flat and cut slits?

I could really use some advice from people who have experience and have a "feel" for the size of the bag.

Thanks

*edit: another bag option link

Edited by TheBearJew (04/02/18 04:38 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFungalDane
Stranger

Re: Not many affordable spawn bags in EU, how about this 40x60cm PP FLAT bag? [Re: TheBearJew]
    #25108189 - 04/02/18 12:25 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I have the same problem as you.. I will keep an eye on this thread.. :smile:

OfflineBuho colorido
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: Not many affordable spawn bags in EU, how about this 40x60cm PP FLAT bag? [Re: TheBearJew]
    #25108290 - 04/02/18 01:09 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I'm having similar problems and limited experience but let me try to help you:
If you're spawning to un-sterile substrate you could use whatever bags you can find. They don't need to be PP ether (cuz you won't PC them).
If you're spawning to sterilized substrate you need PP bags, there are oven bags you can use for example. BUT its a pain in the ass to work with bags in a SAB, so I would suggest working with un-sterile substrates,as log as you don't have a flowhood, just up the spawn ratio. especially oysters are pretty aggressive.

My is the thickness of the bag btw. 50my = 0,05mm

Hope that helps

--------------------
Since english is not my native language, please excuse any misunderstandings or stange verbalizations :wink:

OfflineHaywire
Wetspot Wizard
Male

Re: Not many affordable spawn bags in EU, how about this 40x60cm PP FLAT bag? [Re: Buho colorido]
    #25109993 - 04/03/18 02:55 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

check their product out.
but like buho said, working with bags inside a still air box is a pain in the ass.

--------------------
Ciao mamma, guarda come mi diverto

My grows :mushroom2: Outdoor patches

Offlinekapps
Stranger
    #25110099 - 04/03/18 04:47 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Check this out: https://www.pilzzucht-shop.de/behaelter-bags/autoclave-bags/

If you buy 100 bags you pay ~70 Cent per bag. They already have filters built in and the bags work great. I bought 10 of these bags and already used 3. They can be sealed with an impulse sealer, which is very comfortable and quick.

I have a flow hood though. Would not even consider to work with such bags in a still air box, unless the box is HUGE.

After full colonization, if you cut the upper part of the bag away, you will probably need a casing layer. Most people just cut some holes in the bag so that not too much moisture can escape while the mushrooms can still grow out of these holes. At this stage, you will need to place the bags in a fruiting chamber to provide high humidity. A simple plastic box is sufficient. I've even seen guys simply putting a plastic bag over the actual mushbag and misting its inside from time to time. But you can think about such details after you managed to get some fully colonized mushbags. So just buy 10 of them and start experimenting! :wink:

OfflineTheBearJew
Stranger

Re: Not many affordable spawn bags in EU, how about this 40x60cm PP FLAT bag? [Re: Buho colorido]
    #25110123 - 04/03/18 05:27 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

My concern is that most spawn bags are "gusseted" allowing them to expand into a good roundish shape. But I think you are right that these PP bags are going to be good for oyster mushrooms.

What is your experience with Oven bags? Ive heard they are able to sterilize bulk substrate but are not suited as spawn bags due to how easily they tear.

The following sponsors are here in Europe.

https://gluckspilze.com/shop - austria
  --- 3 liter Unicorn #10 bags @ about .75 euros/per bag
  --- no filter disks

**** however this website has some good shipping prices and some great prices that beat amazon/ ebay prices on sawdust, straw, and wood chips raw materials.

www.magic-mushrooms-shop.com/ - Netherlands
- no spawn bags, no Synthetic filter disks

https://www.zamnesia.com
---Filter bag Medium @ 1 euro/per bag
  Width: 19.5cm
  Height: 51cm

Filter Bag XL @ 1.6 euros/per bag
  Width: 40cm
  Height: 51cm

Maybe I missed a sponsor somewhere?

Either the price is too high or the bags are too small with these sponsors.

If there are any fellow EU people out there interested in sharing research for cultivation materials PM me and we can trade resources. I've run into a few really bad websites that absolutely cannot be trusted. The one that I remember is from Netherlands.

www.cubensis.pl, www.cubensis.home.pl, www.azurescens.com

- shopping cart is stored locally on your computer - your order will have no record on their server.
- Their contact page is broken.
- They Only accept bank wire, although they say they accept paypal etc... If they ever respond to a paypal request (which they wont) it will probably be a scam throwaway paypal account not attached to their websites.

This is an example of a very unsafe website that people in the EU might be tempted by since they carry a lot of things our EU sponsors do not have.

--------------------
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

OfflineTheBearJew
Stranger

Re: Not many affordable spawn bags in EU, how about this 40x60cm PP FLAT bag? [Re: Haywire]
    #25110128 - 04/03/18 05:32 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Ive emailed the Microsac website / SAC02
This is there prices if you guys are interested. However I would rather order from china and get 1000 pcs for 200 Euros including shipping.

The price for PP75/BEU6/X32-57 is 398.00€ / 1000 pcs
Standard packaging is 1000 pcs per carton but smaller amounts are available for purchase.  price: 200% – (minimum order is 100 pcs / type of Microsac)
79.60€ / 100 pcs

Shipping cost for 100 bags to my location somewhere between Germany and Italy is  = 42.00€
If you do not have a VAT number, we have to charge 21% VAT on the total sum of the invoice.
147.14€

--------------------
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
    #25111028 - 04/03/18 03:32 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I don't recommend this for a great many bags, but I have a glovebox of pretty comfy size and just loosen up my spawn, unfold a bag, make a sort of antechamber with the top of the bag where I put the spawn, I close the bag and break up and mix through the bag. Actually what I don't like about it is how it gets a lot of substrate messy in the bag, little pieces are probably contam sensitive.

Oven bags, don't they get pretty brittle when heated and aren't they thin? I would also maybe worry about how permeable that stuff might be.

I use Zamnesia for bags but I haven't gone for bulk yet, I guess that's another story.

OfflineHaywire
Wetspot Wizard
Male

#25112541 - 04/04/18 02:28 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TheBearJew said:
Ive emailed the Microsac website / SAC02
This is there prices if you guys are interested. However I would rather order from china and get 1000 pcs for 200 Euros including shipping.

The price for PP75/BEU6/X32-57 is 398.00€ / 1000 pcs
Standard packaging is 1000 pcs per carton but smaller amounts are available for purchase.  price: 200% – (minimum order is 100 pcs / type of Microsac)
79.60€ / 100 pcs

Shipping cost for 100 bags to my location somewhere between Germany and Italy is  = 42.00€
If you do not have a VAT number, we have to charge 21% VAT on the total sum of the invoice.
147.14€

I bought a full carton 2 years ago. they'll last me a loooooong time and there's no noticeable loss in quality so far. so I'm hopeful for the years to come.
they don't want these small orders I guess, that's why they charge 200%.

--------------------
Ciao mamma, guarda come mi diverto

My grows :mushroom2: Outdoor patches

OfflineBuho colorido
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#25121161 - 04/07/18 05:38 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TheBearJew said:

What is your experience with Oven bags? I've heard they are able to sterilize bulk substrate but are not suited as spawn bags due to how easily they tear.

Oven bags tear easily, thats right. But if your a little careful you can fruit from them. Just don't move them around too much...or use a second layer.

--------------------
Since english is not my native language, please excuse any misunderstandings or stange verbalizations :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Autoclave, Impulse Sealer, Laminar Flow Hood, Spawn Bags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms