Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
Loc: FM Radio...?
Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth?
    #25105829 - 04/01/18 12:14 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

To the Substrate / Medium, adding Any kind of Human ingested Sugars, into Substrate & Pressure Cook like it's Anything else.

Would actual Fruit Sugars Induce Bigger / Healthier Mushrooms?

Also, I have other questions in mi another thread titled, Trip off this Notion. And that is in The Pub, Subforum.

Thanks, I'm interested in your Inputs, & I actually believe -

A Spoonful of Sugar Helps make the Medicine go down

And have I explicitly posted this following text? Verbatim? I'm not sure -

" "
Mushroom Questions

Thursday, 3- 22- 2018, <br>

If I fruited a bunch of Mushroom Cakes in their Jars, opening the lid top to fruit upwards.

Then, if I put Like Substrates underneath & then let some Spores Inoculate that Medium / Substrate & it's another Perpetual Picking of Fruits that way.

No?

So, putting Sterile Substrate Medium Underneath Fruiting Mushrooms, then Spores self- inoculate the Substrate via Old Mushrooms & the Cycles continue.

By putting New Mushroom Substrate from the Bottom of Fruiting Cakes, as long as it's all sterile.

Then, maybe just keeping certain Mushrooms dropping Pollen Spores, & letting Nature be it's own Terrarium...?
<br>

So, nothing but Flushing Fruiting Chamber with Distilled water, etc., & putting New, Sterile Fruiting Pads underneath the Fruiting Mushrooms. Then Spores inoculate Sterile Mediums that get Cleaned via Intense CO2 underneath.

Maybe New Medium / Substrate Layers can Also have other Ways to Keep Sterile. Like CO2 Bags of Sterile Mediums that the plastic Vacuum Seal Bags get removed or Biodegrade.

Then, it will just be Picking Perpetual Mushrooms.

" "

My Elysium Trips

--------------------
I MET ME-T, or M-ET, on Voyages via My Elysium Trips.

Remember that Life is But a Trip, & Tripping is Perpetual, Whether Sober or not. So, Tripping isn't anything but going along on a Trip.

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 12:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: My Elysium Trips]
    #25105846 - 04/01/18 12:29 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Grains already have a fuck ton of complex carbs. I'm not sure what you would really be gaining by adding extra sugar. :shrug: sure it's adding more food but that's like saying a buffet would benefit from having a mcdonalds inside too.

Give it a shot and see what happens.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25105854 - 04/01/18 12:37 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Also, this topic has been asked about a LOT.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php?terms=Adding+sugar+substrate

Also, forgot to mention. Adding sugar, especially to a bulk sub will also increase your contamination risk.

--------------------

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

Edited by elasticaltiger (04/01/18 12:38 AM)

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25105875 - 04/01/18 12:56 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:

Also, forgot to mention. Adding sugar, especially to a bulk sub will also increase your contamination risk.

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:

Bulk doesn't usually get Pressure Cooked, is That Why?

Other than that, if like 1/20th the Medium Substrate was mixed with like 50% Brown Sugar to 50% other things. And Pasteurized in Pressure Cooker. Then it would Increase Yields?

I imagine Yes!

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

Remember that Life is But a Trip, & Tripping is Perpetual, Whether Sober or not. So, Tripping isn't anything but going along on a Trip.

My Elysium Trips

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25105885 - 04/01/18 01:04 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Meh, I am able to see 200%+ BE with very low amounts of sugars, and high amounts of organic matter. We're talking about a decomposer here. They don't need much to keep going. I mean when we look at agar, they thrive on a 2% sugar solution, and actually get hella sluggish anywhere above 4-6%. A thinner solution, ~1% makes them expand much faster. That in itself shows that they don't need much. In my experience, contam resistant organic matter, perfect hydration, decent spawn ratios, genetics, and PERFECT fruiting conditions are the big players for yield.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: Mad Season]
    #25105894 - 04/01/18 01:10 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

:whathesaid:

To much sugar/high carb is not a good thing with cubes.

At times, I feel like coir has to much nutes with just wbs/whole oat spawn.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: Ziran]
    #25105970 - 04/01/18 03:25 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks guys.

I know this might sound foolish. But -

Can I spray a fine mist of rubbing alcohol on the Top of a Colonies Mycelium Jar, only Corn & nothing else but Mycelium Spawn?

Will the Alcohol Mist actually hurt the Mycelium or not? Then putting Mason Jars directly into Sandwich Bags to Fruit in Natural light, used Alcohol to clean New Sandwich bags, too.

Then, Charcoal as a bottom base, & Perlite above, both sprayer with 91% Rubbing Alcohol. As RH balance. Have some Vermiculite also if needed.

I'm not going to worry about Keeping Temps exact, but I'll aim for like 75°F. Mist humidity like daily over Sandwich Bags

Other than that, I'm hoping to Fruit soon

Ate some popcorn with Mycelium spawn, not much, but a taste

Thanks.

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 03:26 AM)

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25105974 - 04/01/18 03:30 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Flooding mostly Colonized Jars with Water?

Or, if mi popcorn TEK is Mostly colonized, if I add tap water to get it like Just 1% - 5% of it's Popcorn Volume.

Would that be okay? Some jars seem slower via less Moisture, I drained some PC jars  a little bit. Nearly 90% Full of Popcorn, originally

I'd appreciate any honest help!

Thanks.

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 03:31 AM)

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25105976 - 04/01/18 03:33 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ziran said:
:whathesaid:

To much sugar/high carb is not a good thing with cubes.

At times, I feel like coir has to much nutes with just wbs/whole oat spawn.

Quote:

Mad Season said:
Meh, I am able to see 200%+ BE with very low amounts of sugars, and high amounts of organic matter. We're talking about a decomposer here. They don't need much to keep going. I mean when we look at agar, they thrive on a 2% sugar solution, and actually get hella sluggish anywhere above 4-6%. A thinner solution, ~1% makes them expand much faster. That in itself shows that they don't need much. In my experience, contam resistant organic matter, perfect hydration, decent spawn ratios, genetics, and PERFECT fruiting conditions are the big players for yield.

Good info to know. Like you said, atrium 1% - 5% Sugars is more than enough, 1% being better, like you said. I'm inquiring, as I'm -

Curious

Of the better Ratios & things

Thanks!

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 03:34 AM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #25106141 - 04/01/18 07:31 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

The only sugars I would add are complex ones like maltose and maltotriose etc... I add them by using spawn. And spawn has more than  a useable amount of nutrition anyway. Your grow will succumb after 5/6 flushes and there's still going to be useable energy in the grain that the mycelium just couldn't use.

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25106758 - 04/01/18 02:11 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
The only sugars I would add are complex ones like maltose and maltotriose etc... I add them by using spawn. And spawn has more than  a useable amount of nutrition anyway. Your grow will succumb after 5/6 flushes and there's still going to be useable energy in the grain that the mycelium just couldn't use.

Thanks!

Yes, I See that... All you guy's make rational, logical sense here.

In Other words, Nature itself usually (takes care of &) Thrives off of Nature itself.

Or, a Wild plant or fungus, in Nature will get what it gets, & arguably in Wild Nature - nobody is going to be a Caretaker of the wildlife, too

But, it was an assumption, & it appears in here, it's being confuted here - that around 1% Sugary / Carbs / Starches, etc., more than Suffice to be enough.

So, I'm not advocating Anyone add sugars to Mushroom Substrate before they are Knowledgeable at that. But thank you all for candidly helping with that inquiry. I really am not going to worry about the Substrate Sugars or Carbs, etc., so much now, like I'm not going to worry about Perfect PH levels of substrate & exactly what Nutrients.

I'm working on Fruiting some Cakes, a 1st Time Experience for mi, but I have No Desires to disclose any online pictures of I could be under threat of "Incarceration" for growing personal medicines. Other than that, I'd probably post some Sweet Update pics of a 1st Ever, Unprecedented self mushroom Grow indoors, horticulture. It's like not Birthing Cakes, but birthing Chikdr. Heh, true but comical

I questioned originally, because wouldn't More People want to Grow Faster, Stronger, More & Better Mushrooms? Hence a little Sugar goes a long way.

Personally, if Mycelium is like Identical Any other Fruited Mushroom FRUITS - I believe "Fruited Mushrooms" might take too long if Mycelium is sufficient in itself. Or, like Mushroom Communion, Dried Mushroom Wafers of Mycelium arguably would be the Quickest ways to Produce Fungus Among Us!

Thanks guys, check out a "semi- stoned & semi- serious & semi- comical..." rants I've been having in The Pub, 'Trip off this Notion without drug's.' That thread there is... Trippy to write about. I'm not sure about others believe who are on-looking...?

Happy Rabbit Eggs Day. No Green Rabbit Eggs nor Sam I am, today! Heh

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 02:23 PM)

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25106763 - 04/01/18 02:17 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Actually no, cubensis we grow on grain spawn are getting way fucking more than what they get "in nature"

Do not spray your mycelium with alcohol :facepalm:

You seriously need to do some more reading.

Don't put charcoal on the bottom. Don't put perlite on top.

Please follow a tek to the letter and don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Edit: if you're going to put a sandwich baggy over a jar for fruiting you don't need to sanitize it. 100% colonization is your number one defense against contamination.

The fact that you think you need to spray your mycelium with alcohol is disturbing to me. Where did you get that idea?

Why don't you tell us what method you're following and we can be more helpful.

--------------------

Edited by elasticaltiger (04/01/18 02:19 PM)

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25106798 - 04/01/18 02:40 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Also, can you Spray Spawn / Spores, Directly on to Substrate Mediums, simply via a -

Water Sprayer?

Or, if you have enough spores from say 20 Fruited & Mature Mushrooms that have many spores coming from the Caps to be collected.

Would you be able to collect 20 Spore Prints, put them into a Water Spray Bottle & Douse the Substrate Mediums itself?

I'd wonder if Alcoholic Vapor will suffice, or even CO2, to Sanitize the Grow Chambers between working in there, like spraying Spores on Substrate via Sterilizing Processes. Etc.?

So, Why cannot people, in Sterile Environments, with Sterile Spores & Sterile Water Bottle(s) [cleaned via rubbing alcohol, etc.. Why cannot they Simply Spray Spores to Immaculate Substrate, To Only Grow Mycelium & Basically Not even Harvest Any Fruits of the People Opt to Harvard No Fruits & only Mycelium?

The Agar & Petri, etc., was recently inspired by a Thread I made regarding the Medicinal & Gour'met Mushrooms, like almost 2 months ago. I fell in love with that notion. Now I'm Inquiring / advocating, concurrently for Other's to Research Only growing Mycelium in like an Agar Petri Dish, deal. Anything without Fruiting Anything.

I credit a Blogger who informs mi that Chaga, Chaga doesn't Need to be put through the Grueling process of inoculating a Birch Tree & waiting like 10 years for Chaga Signs, or whatever.

I credit That blogger, who helped mi in a Thread in Gour'met & Medicinal Mushroom Section, many weeks ago when I had a question.

Thank you Shroomery Blogger, I credit That person. Albeit the username is fleeting mi memory like if I were to Try to read a Literal Holey Book while submerged X inches under subtle waves. Or, I just believe I should credit Someone mentioned from Shroomery, albeit their username is like reading a Book underwater. I have flawed memory, alas.

Anyways. Thanks to said Blogger, I am going to advocate Mycelium Medicines, as it appears Excellent for a Myriad of Fungus operation.

Fun guy's. Fungus Among us.

So, I am not mycologist, no doubt. But I can Try to Learn, question, & teach some thing's, even if conjectures for Self & others. Like Best Balance of [Complex] Sugars in Substrate. Things like that.

Thanks

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25106809 - 04/01/18 02:50 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Spraying spores doesn't grow shit.

Please, please, please read a tek. Nobody sprays spores, it doesn't work. It only works on sterilized substrate where the spores have no competition.

Please read some growing teks your questions don't make sense and you're not learning anything by asking them because you're not seeing the big picture.

Alcohol vapor? Wtf? Alcohol is for sanitizing the outside of instruments and your hands while doing sterile work. It's not for sterilizing substrates or fruiting chambers or anything like that.

You are making this way to fucking complicated. Tell me what you want to do. Do you want to grow mushrooms? What kind of mushrooms? I'll point you in the right direction but you gotta stop with these crazy ideas because you're making it harder on yourself.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24420178#24420178

Look at that flow chart.

--------------------

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25106812 - 04/01/18 02:51 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Actually no, cubensis we grow on grain spawn are getting way fucking more than what they get "in nature"

Do not spray your mycelium with alcohol :facepalm:

You seriously need to do some more reading.

Don't put charcoal on the bottom. Don't put perlite on top.

Please follow a tek to the letter and don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Edit: if you're going to put a sandwich baggy over a jar for fruiting you don't need to sanitize it. 100% colonization is your number one defense against contamination.

The fact that you think you need to spray your mycelium with alcohol is disturbing to me. Where did you get that idea?

Why don't you tell us what method you're following and we can be more helpful.

TEKs? 

Nothing in particular.

Or, I'm simply trying to Combine various TEKs to suit mi Self. Or, If the Sterilizer Jars are Inoculated or Cloning Mycelium, & if Everything Inside the Colonizing Jars are Good! It's just a Waiting game, regardless of TEKs & what Exactly a TEK says.

Or, I can make beer. But I can add mi own Hops & Various Blends of Malt Extracts, etc.. Because I already Know how to make Good Beer. So, following a Recipe is Different than Being Inspired by a Recipe, or various TEKs, etc..

I've got Popcorn, inoculated with Fungus now, looks Great for 1st Attempt. I'm basically pondering if I even Need to Fruit these at all, if Mycelium will suffice.

I sprayed Rubbing Alcohol Mist via Water Bottle on Cake Tops, the other day. I opened the Cakes up, 1st time after inoculation, & Wanted to keep Everything sterile, a quick spritz of Rubbing Alcohol Mist. I didn't Want to do anything except sterilize the surface, everything else was Brilliant looking, like Thick Cream that is laced with Subtle Tans of Pinning or Mature Mycelium Cakes ready to Fruit soon.

Tried some "Fuzzy Popcorn" last night. Tastes Natural, & like slippery on the tongue.

Yes, thanks, I also would Try for 100% colonization to remove Contam issues, [I'm New to this Mushroom Farming thing, but I've got Farmer blood at up inside mi Genetics. I could grow an Acre of a Single Cannabis Plant like a Epic Grape Vine, in a Greenhouse, etc.. I don't Need to actually Follow a TEK nor research that, I know that just Vegging the Cannabis long enough, with patience, could Grow an Entire Care if Cannabis, from a Single Plant, who is just Vegged indefinitely till it's Canopy covers like an Acre Sized Grape Vine Vineyard of Places to hang the vines to attach & grow from, etc.]. But I figured a Small Spray of Rubbing Alcohol Mist to sterilize, would be fine.

I'll check them after I post. Heh

Edit- & Why is Charcoal & Perlite, actually Bad to be used as  RH Base that mi Cake JARs themself are sitting on via Glass Layers. Why would Charcoal & Perlite be Bad? Only for RH regulations, nothing else

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 02:59 PM)

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25106830 - 04/01/18 03:01 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I honestly cannot understand what your talking about. Are you asking if you need to fruit mycelium to trip?

Yes you need to grow the fruits to trip. There might be some actives in the mycelium alone but I would never try to eat colonized grain to trip.

--------------------

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25106871 - 04/01/18 03:22 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Elastical- Tiger,

Question, please & thanks!

If I sprayed a like fully colonized Jar with like X drops of Alcohol Mist, do you think it will Hurt the Top of Cakes themself or Anything below the Top maybe 1/4 inch? I don't Believe that.

And I don't believe a Little Alcohol Vapor in Air would Damage Anything if not too long in like a Fruited Stage. But exclusively Mycelium with Alcohol Mist...? I'm not sure, you guy's should be experts at this stuff...

And Spraying Fungus Spores out a Spray Bottle, I don't See Why it couldn't work Fine, if you Want to Colonize a Large Surface Area, without Injecting via a needle at each inoculation point. But, sterility is Key, too.

Also, as a Note - I'm Not looking to become Financially Wealthy via Mushroom Cultivation. I'm more interested in the Science & then Helping others in general or generic  Ways, without too many particulars. Etc..

Or, a TEK is Invented, every time a TEK needs to be invented & Works & is like more Practical to the People!

Or, I know how to do Many thing's, I can change subtle thing's, as long as I have Reasonable knowledge of the Ingredient effects or attributes. Or, the Detrimental Parts of Brewing Beer, after All ingredients are Mixed & Mashed, Is to Cool it down to like Body Temperatures, Pitch Yeasts, make sure Air Locks Stay on & are functional. Then Wait for Brewing to End to Prime & Rack Bottles. But I can change little ingredient along the ways.

So, TEKs are Like Recipes, the Premise of All Mushroom TEKs should be relatively the same -

Keep thing's Easy enough, practical, sterile & safe, to Growing Fungus. But different Subtle Nuances along the Ways, TEKs.

I see it like this, Keep Everything Sterile via Pressure Cooker & such. After the Mycelium are Spreading, if Everything is Done Sufficiently Good, then the TEK makes little differences.

Like I could grow a Cannabinoids plant to grow a pound of outdoor Sensi Buds, but a SOG with More Strain Flavors might be more desirable.

There are More than a single TEK about Growing Cannabis or Plant's in General. I see the General Needs of plants, I don't Need to follow any specific TEKs, as long as I Accomplish it sufficiently.

So, you can Always drive your vehicle like you have a Police Officer sitting next to you while you are Attempting to get your license. Or you Could even Switch Driver's on a Long empty Highway, when I was with an Ex, driving like 70 miles per hour. So, mi & mi ex, literally switched Drivers Seats while Both of us were traveling at least 60 miles per hour on a highway.

There is No TEK for Thing's like that above, or I just had caution & knew enough about driving & trusted my partner then to actually not crash. Heh. Anyways, a TEK is a Recipe for those who cannot cook on their own.

Myself, I see them as Inspirations or General Guidance Instructions.

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 03:25 PM)

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25106887 - 04/01/18 03:36 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Alcohol on the cakes will hurt them. Yes.

You don't see why spraying out of a bottle wouldn't work because you have no experience. Search "spraying spores" and you'll see the kind of "success" people have with it (which is none) it's been tried a thousand times and nobody does it because it doesn't work.

You need to use colonized grains to inoculate your substrate with live mycelium. The grains provide the nutrients and the bulk substrate supplies the water.

Spores aren't seeds. Its not like plants where you can drop a seed somewhere and a plant will grow.

"Anyways, a TEK is a Recipe for those who cannot cook on their own"

Even master chef's follow recipes.

Yeah I'm done. Good luck. If that's the attitude you're gonna take then you're not worth my time. Do you want to grow shrooms and be successful or do you want to wing it on your own and fail?

If teks are for people who don't know how to grow then you DEFINITELY are the person who needs teks.

--------------------

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25106901 - 04/01/18 03:44 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Could you have, let's say 2 inch or 3 inch Pages of Clear "Glass" like Containers, let's say the dimensions is 2 or 3 inches Wide, by say at least 1 feet Tall, by X distances Wide. Then, after Each Page of a Literal Mushroom "Book" is Ready to Fruit Fungi. I Believe That with Enough Mushroom Pages to Look through, only Light via the Top of Pages & Sandwiched Mushroom Layers held by like Mushroom Pages.

Put All Mushroom Pages together, see via the Mushroom Pages all together. Flip each page like a Book, look at the Gunfire Development in the Mycelium also in the Substrate, like Seeing Substrate like via an Ant Farm type of Glass windows. Etc..

So, the Premise here, would be Controller Tests with Variables to test. Each Mushroom Pages Could Evidence themselves!

Flip via Real, Living Mushroom Book, like flipping via the Pages of a Thick, Rigid Book of 3D growing, Live mushrooms.

Also, have Much Rooms, with Mushroom Books to "read" &/or just Flip through.

So, no Texts on this Mushroom book per se, but a Mushroom Book is what I could call it, like if you were even growing Miniature cannabis Clones, In likewise fashion, etc.. 

So, say you have 20 different Mushroom Strains, a Single Light above Could illuminate All Pages of Mushroom Books. But if you have 20 Mushroom Strains & 20 Mushroom "Page's" in 'mushroom books,' it would be Wonderful for Many Fungus Aficionados, I presume.

Put All Mushroom Pages together, to block light from Substrate if Wanted, &/or to just give them Various Daylight hours to test Optimal Light / Darkness cycles of various fungus.

Anyways. Don't Listen to what I personally am saying here. Please debunk the Information in Texts themself, or let's Debate the Context of Debate, & try to leave the nonsense behind.

I don't Need to be a Doctor to tell people, Look Into Holistic Medicines! Etc.. And I know some Holistic remedies for People, but I still am not a doctor of any kind. Etc..

I'm like a humble Farmer by Nature, but also will tear things apart to then Mend them Together more Correctly! Like -

Like Legalizing Nature!

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25106911 - 04/01/18 03:53 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Yes I have made a mushroom book with clear plastic where you can turn the pages and each page is a different strain.

--------------------

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25106912 - 04/01/18 03:54 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Alcohol on the cakes will hurt them. Yes.

You don't see why spraying out of a bottle wouldn't work because you have no experience. Search "spraying spores" and you'll see the kind of "success" people have with it (which is none) it's been tried a thousand times and nobody does it because it doesn't work.

You need to use colonized grains to inoculate your substrate with live mycelium. The grains provide the nutrients and the bulk substrate supplies the water.

Spores aren't seeds. Its not like plants where you can drop a seed somewhere and a plant will grow.

"Anyways, a TEK is a Recipe for those who cannot cook on their own"

Even master chef's follow recipes.

Yeah I'm done. Good luck. If that's the attitude you're gonna take then you're not worth my time. Do you want to grow shrooms and be successful or do you want to wing it on your own and fail?

If teks are for people who don't know how to grow then you DEFINITELY are the person who needs teks.

Heh, well, look, I am not looking to Fight with you nor Anyone, really.

I appreciate your Integris & Cordial help.

Honestly, I cannot say anything in a negative rebuttal to you here, as I see you have Genuine concerns about things. I respect that.

But albeit Cooks / Chefs follow Orders per Recipes; What Percent of Chefs don't Experiments by adding a little of Recipe Modifications - along the ways of Cooking & testing & being like Original about thing's?

I'm not bashing anything against various Mushroom TEKs, but I wonder if I cannot Grow Mushrooms without Following Every Order by Only a Single TEK Process...?

I Believe you can Do things many ways & come to a similar outcome.

If you don't Know mi, I see you might warn against certain thing's. But I also have enough life experience to Cook foods with mi Own little Twist, & the Foods come out Excellent!

I cannot argue with your comment, you've been nothing but helpful. But I also don't want to relent to others if it's unwarranted. Like I put some Old Fashion Oats in an Indian Pudding I recently made, and it / Oats was Not recommend per "Original" Instructions. The Indian Pudding came out Excellent!

Please. I have more questions than patience to read via a long list of Q & A, that much of it - might be irrelevant to Self! I appreciate like All authentic help. And I'll Only try to posit Authentic Questions. I'm just not looking to read a Mycologist Book to realize little thing's those Books might not even cover. Hence I'm here to Learn & Question & Grow & Experiment & hopefully Only teach Good thing's via helpful people helping Everyone, essentially.

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 04:48 PM)

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25106939 - 04/01/18 04:17 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Would Adding like Epsom Salts actually improve Mycelium Cake Growth & fruiting? If so, what PPM of Epsom Salts should be used?

Then, begs the question.

Can I successfully add Plant Nutrient, also into Substrate / Mediums, too, to Increase Yields?

Between Epsom Salts & Nutrients for plant's, I'd try maybe 80% Nutrients, with 20% Epsom Salts, at a Total PPM of no more than Maybe 300ppm of TDS.

But then again, I am New to Mushroom Horticulture

So, would adding Plant Nutrients, in Lower doses of maybe less than 1/4 strength, Would that Help Mushroom Growth?

Obviously, only If like PC into the Substrate Mediums themself before the Inoculation begins, etc..

Or this is Foolish, too?

And it appears, optimal PH for mushrooms is between a 4.0 PH or above; - via like 7.0 & slightly above. A PH of 7.0 PH [or more] is apparently conducive towards sterilization; While like a 5.0 - 6.3 PH would Probably be better in Nature & such. But I'm learning as I go. Like Beer likes a PH of about 5.0 - 6.0, or a more Acidic & Sweet PH, where even a 4.0 PH might work great, too. So, that is important, but not Imperative to making Good Beer without a PH Measurement [Nor is a TDS measurement needed, nor an SG or Specific Gravity.] Etc.

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 04:26 PM)

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25106954 - 04/01/18 04:26 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Stop thinking about adding nutrients.

YOUR GRAINS PROVIDE ALL THE NUTRITION! MORE NUTRITION THAN THE MYCELIUM IS CAPABLE OF USING.

The grains ARE the nutrients. The bulk substrate is their water supply.

If the substrate is too nutritious you will increase contamination rates and fuck up your mushrooms. There is such a thing as being too nutritious,

You can not force feed your mycelium more nutrients than it's already getting from grains.

--------------------

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25106962 - 04/01/18 04:31 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Stop thinking about adding nutrients.

YOUR GRAINS PROVIDE ALL THE NUTRITION! MORE NUTRITION THAN THE MYCELIUM IS CAPABLE OF USING.

The grains ARE the nutrients. The bulk substrate is their water supply.

If the substrate is too nutritious you will increase contamination rates and fuck up your mushrooms. There is such a thing as being too nutritious,

You can not force feed your mycelium more nutrients than it's already getting from grains.

Okay, I understate. Thanks.

The questions then become. What about Bulk Growing? Does Straw have enough Vitamins & such?

Or would using like a 300ppm Nutrient Salt  Solution, actually Help if Sterilized Correctly in Straw Bulk Mediums?

I'm learning, I appreciate your help & honesty. I'm simply trying to Feel the Way around the Mushroom Cultivation thing's.

And I give mush credit to you all for the Kind Help!

I see, I'm not going to Ask all the Correct Questions. But I can still learn from "Incorrect" Questions, & you guys / others, honestly helping anyone or Self!

Thanks

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 04:40 PM)

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25106971 - 04/01/18 04:37 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

And in Nature, Does Anyone Need to take a syringe needle & inoculate outside woods for mushrooms, or they happen... Super, Naturally?

So why wouldn't Spraying (Solution of Water &) Fungus Spores actually Work in a Conducive Environment?

Or, I'm not Gnostic yet about little Woods Fairies that go around flying like tinker bell & using a Syringe needle to inoculate the woods for mushrooms...?

Look, I'm not looking to argue. Please Explain Why it's not a Good Idea to Spray Spores on to Substrates, if All is Sterile?

I'd say, Nature does it effortlessly, & No Pressure Cooking or Inoculation of Jars is involved.

Please Explain Why Spraying Spores wouldn't work if Done Correctly & Professionally?

Thanks

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 04:39 PM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #25106976 - 04/01/18 04:41 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

:aghast:

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25106979 - 04/01/18 04:43 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

The straw provides water. Straw is a bulk substrate and bulk substrates provide water. You inoculate straw with colonized grains.

Mushrooms in nature are a NICHE species. They only grow where all the conditions are just perfect. Mushrooms drop billions of spores yet we only see them grow in niche places.

The patches you see in nature are the results of years and years of growing  in the perfect environment.

If you sprayed spores in a hundred places and you got 1 mushroom to grow in 1 spot would you consider that an effective growing method?

It's been done, it's been tried and it doesn't work.

--------------------

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25106982 - 04/01/18 04:46 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Worst. Post. Ever.

Quote:

TEKs? 

Nothing in particular.

Or, I'm simply trying to Combine various TEKs to suit mi Self.

Oh, so the tek where you don't grow anything? Follow a tek yo, any tek. So people can help you. Not troubleshoot your 'winging it' approach.

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: mushboy]
    #25106991 - 04/01/18 04:52 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
Worst. Post. Ever.

Quote:

TEKs? 

Nothing in particular.

Or, I'm simply trying to Combine various TEKs to suit mi Self.

Oh, so the tek where you don't grow anything? Follow a tek yo, any tek. So people can help you. Not troubleshoot your 'winging it' approach.

I haven't Ever Even gone to school to specificity study Aquaponics.

But, I'm talking about the the Ocean, Mermaid Style, Farms & Environments & Animal Sanctuaries, etc., Under the Ocean Water, while using freshest Fish to be the Nutrients for the Plant's that might be like an Amazon Jungle above. Swimming in Fresh Water, Under Ocean looking at sea life around, swimming with Freshwater Fish that are Producing Countless Tons of Foods for People, creatures & Soils.

What's your Point?

Did I Need to go to school for Aquaponics?

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25107006 - 04/01/18 05:02 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Instead of Johnny Appleseed?

Why not?

Fun guys, Spraying Fungus in the Woods?

Or your Property, forests, lands,

Collect Many Spore Prints -

Next Spray them In the Woods

Fungus Among Us, Sharing Fungus, by Helping Nature Seed itself for Good Fruits?

Maybe a Single Cap / Spores Print to 1 liter of Water. Walk around, Spray your Spores wherever you want, per your own Property or Public Lands

Anything local to you guys

Spray Spores in Woods, I don't care, Cubes, medicinals, foods, etc.

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 05:07 PM)

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25107007 - 04/01/18 05:03 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I'm done. Have fun growing. I sincerely hope you grow some mushrooms. Good luck. You're going to need it.

--------------------

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
    #25107010 - 04/01/18 05:03 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

My Elysium Trips said:

Why not?

My Elysium Trips

competitors usually win. Unless the conditions provided are perfect.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

OfflineMy Elysium Trips
Lore
 User Gallery
    #25107019 - 04/01/18 05:11 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ziran said:
Quote:

My Elysium Trips said:

Why not?

My Elysium Trips

Are you Trying to Discredit Something Good?

How's your intellectual honesty?

But, if you're intellectually honest, forgive this erroneous assumption... Are you talking about Spores or People? Competitors?

Or, you have a hidden agenda? Not anything Bad per se, but like playing "devils advocate"?

Either way. I don't mind if we can be cordial about it.

But if you're trying to Discredit the Goodness of Spraying Cubes of Patches in Woods for People via maybe the Simplest Ways. I Believe you should apologize to yourself.

No worries here

My Elysium Trips

--------------------

My Elysium Trips

Edited by My Elysium Trips (04/01/18 05:13 PM)

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25107024 - 04/01/18 05:20 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

My Elysium Trips said:
Quote:

Ziran said:
Quote:

My Elysium Trips said:

Why not?

My Elysium Trips

But, if you're intellectually honest, forgive this erroneous assumption... Are you talking about Spores or People? Competitors?

Or, you have a hidden agenda? Not anything Bad per se, but like playing "devils advocate"?

But if you're trying to Discredit the Goodness of Spraying Cubes of Patches in Woods for People via maybe the Simplest Ways. I Believe you should apologize to yourself.

No worries here

My Elysium Trips

He's talking about COMPETING ORGANISMS. When you spray your spores they'll be laying amongst bacteria and other molds / fungus spores that will already have a foothold on the location preventing your spores from taking over. This is why we sterilize substrates.

--------------------

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
    #25107031 - 04/01/18 05:22 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Invisibleplurfekt
Finally Grateful

Loc: USA
    #25107064 - 04/01/18 05:46 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

My Elysium Trips said:
Quote:

Ziran said:
Quote:

My Elysium Trips said:

Why not?

My Elysium Trips

No worries here

My Elysium Trips

I literally didn't understand this.

Is this mush cult or did I make a wrong click somewhere?

It appears to me, you've done too many psychedelics, for a while at least... and are now speaking like a schizophrenic.

Lay off the research chems and shit bro, keep this false logic talk in the pub or wherever.

You may be a good person so no hate to you, just calling a spade a spade.  Not everyone likes me or agrees with me either, but I aim to stick with sensibility when it comes to mushroom cultivation, like for example, spores typically won't win in the method you are saying is "something good."

You really wanna do something good, learn to cultivate properly and do a shitload of outdoor patches!  That'd be raw as fuck.

Check this out if you wanna get into it: PF TEK 2017 Updated Version - Ziran's

I've taken cakes and put them outside and gotten way larger fruits than I ever pulled from a fruiting chamber.  Never fully understood why that happens, but it does...

The only time I've ever enhanced a substrate with sugar, which I've had great LC results with, was with coir and honestly I think it was completely unnecessary.  Maybe a TINY amount of sugar in an LC mix would be a good idea but it hardly fucking matters there are so many other ways of doing it.

Good luck

:mushroom2:

Edited by plurfekt (04/01/18 05:52 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: My Elysium Trips] * 1
    #25107668 - 04/02/18 12:54 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

My Elysium Trips said:
And in Nature, Does Anyone Need to take a syringe needle & inoculate outside woods for mushrooms, or they happen... Super, Naturally?

So why wouldn't Spraying (Solution of Water &) Fungus Spores actually Work in a Conducive Environment?

Or, I'm not Gnostic yet about little Woods Fairies that go around flying like tinker bell & using a Syringe needle to inoculate the woods for mushrooms...?

Look, I'm not looking to argue. Please Explain Why it's not a Good Idea to Spray Spores on to Substrates, if All is Sterile?

I'd say, Nature does it effortlessly, & No Pressure Cooking or Inoculation of Jars is involved.

Please Explain Why Spraying Spores wouldn't work if Done Correctly & Professionally?

Thanks

My Elysium Trips

I think this is is an excellent idea. You should take all of your spores and put them in water. Take them out to the woods, or a field or something and spray them everywhere.

Also, put all of your other drugs in there with them to educate the spores and make them smarter and more potent.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinejaigurudeva
Noob

Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #25107689 - 04/02/18 01:13 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

All I can say about this one is that TC's are badass...Thank you guys!

OfflineWarFlo
Liquid Culture Adept

Loc: UK
Re: Would Adding Sugars actually Help Fungus Growth? [Re: jaigurudeva]
    #25107818 - 04/02/18 04:59 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Mycelium after colonization does not acquire nutrients, acquires more precisely but for this purpose it needs to reconstruct cages/kernels, thus if food is added after the complete colonization we will stop body height of fruit bodies and we will begin to be reconstructed that will undoubtedly slow down body(or pinning) height of fruit bodies, and the possibility of contamination will increase many times. This what I think about some people add sugar on dunking stage. IMHO

--------------------
My trade list

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order