Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Sometimes it is better to be single.
    #25104029 - 03/31/18 09:27 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

It is great not thinking of a woman and just being yourself.  Such a freedom to it.  Taking two vacations.  One in a few weeks and a month long one or longer in the summer by myself.

I woke up peaceful and happy today.  I think it is ok to never get married in ones lifetime.  You have to give so much of yourself to be what she wants has been my experience.  Tired of it and society of what you are supposed to be as a man.  Fuck it.  It's not worth it.  Working so hard to support kids and make enough to make your girlfriend happy and the life she wants, waste your life away. No.

And remember, Jesus was never married.  We should all try to follow his example.:sun:

Edited by Barnaby (03/31/18 09:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurzelpfrumpft
pet donkey in a lucid dream

Re: Sometimes it is better to be single. [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #25104068 - 03/31/18 09:51 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Whos gonna spend time with you and care for you when youre an old fuck?

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Loc: Nothing and Nowhere
Re: Sometimes it is better to be single. [Re: Barnaby]
    #25104069 - 03/31/18 09:52 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Really whats nice is being ok with yourself and expressing your individuality. You can do that in a relationship as well it depends on the two people.

I could never be in the same type of relationship i was in when I was younger as I have become way more independent now. Its not that I couldnt be in one we would just need to have our own separate lives outside of the relationship.

But yeah I dont plan on having kids and really dont care about not being in a relationship, hell i cant picture wanting to be in one.

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

Invisibleimpatientguy
Ganjalf a very mighty lab wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Sometimes it is better to be single. [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #25104138 - 03/31/18 10:20 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Relationships are a lot of work. I'll pass unless the chick is worth pursuing( rare)

I do too much illegal shit to be in a serious relationship.

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Re: Sometimes it is better to be single. [Re: impatientguy]
    #25104158 - 03/31/18 10:30 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

impatientguy said:I do too much illegal shit to be in a serious relationship.

I say that too though I call them "questionable hobbies." People try to say it wouldnt matter but it does, it would make me feel like a lot of my life is a lie lol.

Because its just so easy to go "i grow this, extract that, make fireworks in the summer. I spend a lot of time researching and contemplating various topics that are part of my general interest but whose outcomes are usually banned on some societal level" and ive completely moved away from festivals and "hippy" scenes so im basically banking on a normal person accepting that.

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

OfflineMurzelpfrumpft
pet donkey in a lucid dream

#25104270 - 03/31/18 11:19 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I do have questionable hobbies that are participated by my significant other for ten years and were still under thirty. She's attractive like only one out 100 is and every other year we have a threesome with a girl or sth like that.
Its all fine but her wish for children crosses the line.
Thats too much for me. Its hard to just leave all that behind and become self sufficient again but I'm really in doubt here.
I know it would be a mistake to get a child but family is the only way to not end up lonely when old.

But I'd never say it wasnt worth is just because the end will be bitter.

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Re: Sometimes it is better to be single. [Re: Murzelpfrumpft]
    #25104276 - 03/31/18 11:23 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Murzelpfrumpft said:
I do have questionable hobbies that are participated by my significant other for ten years and were still under thirty.

Also turned 31 yesterday so I am a bit older. Though I do my hobbies for fun so no one really knows which only makes it harder to tell people in the end. I am somewhat of a scientist so its not unreasonable id have a lot of science related interests.

But yeah no kids for me either.

--------------------

Offlinetriphead9428
Stranger
Male
Loc: VA
    #25105450 - 03/31/18 08:24 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Violet Wizard said:
Quote:

I say that too though I call them "questionable hobbies." People try to say it wouldnt matter but it does, it would make me feel like a lot of my life is a lie lol.

Because its just so easy to go "i grow this, extract that, make fireworks in the summer. I spend a lot of time researching and contemplating various topics that are part of my general interest but whose outcomes are usually banned on some societal level" and ive completely moved away from festivals and "hippy" scenes so im basically banking on a normal person accepting that.

Just find someone else who's into "questionable hobbies." Plenty of them out there.

Invisiblelocospacebean
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Sometimes it is better to be single. [Re: triphead9428]
    #25105496 - 03/31/18 08:47 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Always found it funny when people automatically associate a "relationship" with certain parameters that they feel means they have to change in some way.

The idea that getting married has to mean "This" or that you have to do "That" is totally ridiculous and is a self-perpetuated lie.

We all grow up with the imagery of what a "relationship" or marriage is, or what it should be... very few people take it upon themselves to carve their own definition, and then they often feel victimized by it when it doesn't work out or when they're unhappy with it. 

It takes a certain pair of people to be able to figure that out on their own, not letting things like tradition, expectation and definition reflect anything into their relationship that they don't want to be there.  Most people can't handle that as a couple, at least not for the long-term.

It's a tragedy the way we create caricatures of what a relationship is, and then we pressure the people around us to conform to those standards.

In my opinion, "tradition" is the biggest cop-out when it comes to defining one's own standards of what a relationship can be.

--------------------

Invisibleimpatientguy
Ganjalf a very mighty lab wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Sometimes it is better to be single. [Re: triphead9428]
    #25105516 - 03/31/18 09:02 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

triphead9428 said:
Quote:

Violet Wizard said:
Quote:

Just find someone else who's into "questionable hobbies." Plenty of them out there.

Good way to get busted when you split up IMO.

Other than this site I keep it to myself.

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Sometimes it is better to be single. [Re: Barnaby]
    #25105641 - 03/31/18 09:58 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Generally the second you have to stop being yourself to accommodate someone else is the moment your relationship starts to die.  Most people's problem is they want the relationship to work badly enough they chose to go that route to please or appeal to the other person.  Destined for failure once the realization kicks in that they are not the person they are trying to be for the other, or once they stop and the other person doesn't like them reverting to something else other than what they thought they were about.

I worded that poorly but I'm to lazy right now to change it.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Sometimes it is better to be single. [Re: Murzelpfrumpft]
    #25105814 - 04/01/18 12:03 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

What if you are ok with being an old fuck, having female and male friends that mean something, and feeling sexually and emotionally fulfilled?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies