Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineConundrumFischer
Friend

So its spring. What do you have planted? * 1
    #25102370 - 03/30/18 02:21 PM (6 years, 11 hours ago)

In the 4x4 cedar bed:
Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce
Monstrueux de Viroflay Spinach
Cherry Belle Radishes
Maui Maui Onion
Nasturtium

In the ground: All season strawberries(unknown variety just took some runners from my sister)

In containers: Oregon Giant Snow peas(on trellis)
Orange and Red marigolds
White and Purple Asylum
Maroon Pansies

I also have a plan to extend the cedar bed by adding another 4x4 foot bed beside the current one.

What do you have planned for this spring season?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: SCranton
Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: ConundrumFischer] * 1
    #25103875 - 03/31/18 07:21 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

1 strawberry plant
Some sunflowers
Poppies sowed last oct
10 each squash and cukes (pickling)
Herbs/barrier plants
Succoured a blackberry bramble back to life that was bad off
Mj
Attempting to procure some peppers and if I'm not to late tomato seeds(heirloom)
Planted some phlox for the wife

Cheers

--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: ashfiken] * 1
    #25104117 - 03/31/18 10:14 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Marjoram
California Fan Palm
Black Mission Fig
Globe Artichoke

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineConundrumFischer
Friend

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Grey Fox]
    #25106323 - 04/01/18 09:50 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ashfiken said:
Poppies sowed last oct

Picked up some golden poppy seed after reading this. I need to have the state flower.

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
Marjoram
California Fan Palm
Black Mission Fig
Globe Artichoke

Artichokes are a crazy plant. How do you collect the seeds?

OfflineSofaking420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myco mountain
    #25106331 - 04/01/18 09:59 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Several flats of flowers, marigolds, zenas, cosmos, moon flowers, bachler buttons.

I have several peppers growing from last year's seed, hot peppers are kinda my thing. 170 Garlics planted last year. We have a large fenced in garden.

OfflineConundrumFischer
Friend

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Sofaking420]
    #25106377 - 04/01/18 10:23 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Sofaking420 said:
Several flats of flowers, marigolds, zenas, cosmos, moon flowers, bachler buttons.

I have several peppers growing from last year's seed, hot peppers are kinda my thing. 170 Garlics planted last year. We have a large fenced in garden.

I tried to get some reaper and ghost pepper plants from my nursery yesterday. They were covered in hundreds of aphids so I couldn't get them. :shrug:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25106638 - 04/01/18 12:48 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I only have some peas, spinach, broccoli, and I think I just had some lettuce sprout in the garden. The last frost is still a few weeks away so everything else are indoors for now. San Marzanos, a few types of heirloom tomatoes (black beuties, some other type of black tomatoe, rainbow tomatoes), pablanos, cayenne, jalopenos, habaneros, bells, and I think some anaheim chilis. Eggplant, various other brocolli, cauliflour, and spinach, two types of hops, collards, chard, kale, oregano, majoram, parsley, cilantro, basil, squash, zucchini, and an heirloom squash, marshmallow, lions tail, lemon balm, dill, sage, marigolds, cosmos, echniacea, pansys, lavender, and maybe a few things I'm forgetting.

I also have a plot of rye outside that I will replace with corn, squash, and pole beans once it flowers. Oh, and I also have some poppies, rasberries, strawberries, rosemary, thyme, and garlic in the garden.

So far about half of the tomatoes and peppers I'm having issues getting to germinate so I'm not sure how many will actually make it to the garden, one of my san marzanos is already ~2 feet tall though and I have a jalopeno about ~8" tall that was doing very well, but I messed the roots up and it hasn't grown in about a month now : /.

Edited by krypto2000 (04/01/18 12:55 PM)

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: ConundrumFischer]
    #25107270 - 04/01/18 07:52 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ConundrumFischer said:

Artichokes are a crazy plant. How do you collect the seeds?

This is my first time growing artichoke. It is a perennial in my climate. I planted a seedling that was purchased from a garden center. Not sure about collecting seed, but if this one does well I'm pretty sure it can be divided in the winter.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisibleMoonFarmer
peasant
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Grey Fox] * 1
    #25109297 - 04/02/18 06:45 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

All of my herbs are out of dormancy:
Garlic chives
Bronze fennnel
Lemon Balm
Pineapple Sage
Bee Balm
Catmint

My frost date is still a month away so some carrots, kale, and poppies in the ground is all for now.

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

Invisiblenymph
Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: MoonFarmer]
    #25110783 - 04/03/18 11:32 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Still waiting for my last frost date here but I have some cayanne and jalepeño pepper plants, thyme, and heirloom tomatoes started indoors, planning to also grow some potatoes, a couple other herbs and have a raised bed that was taken over by strawberries last year.

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Boof Hard Or Go Home
Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: nymph]
    #25114970 - 04/05/18 02:09 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Well this is my first year growing from seed sooo im hoping for...

Catnip
Chives
Spearmint
Four varieties of cucumbers
Two varieties of tomatoes
Six varieties of peppers

Black eyed Susan's
Lupine's
Ornamental cactus mix

I did not have a good light source at first so a lot of them got the stretch.
Im hoping for the best. :thumbup:
At least almost everything germinated!!! :sun:

--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

OfflineConundrumFischer
Friend

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: MoonFarmer] * 1
    #25131240 - 04/11/18 04:17 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

nymph said:
Still waiting for my last frost date here but I have some cayanne and jalepeño pepper plants, thyme, and heirloom tomatoes started indoors, planning to also grow some potatoes, a couple other herbs and have a raised bed that was taken over by strawberries last year.

Pull those strawberry runners and start giving them away!

Quote:

Snakeye said:
Well this is my first year growing from seed sooo im hoping for...

Catnip
Chives
Spearmint
Four varieties of cucumbers
Two varieties of tomatoes
Six varieties of peppers

Black eyed Susan's
Lupine's
Ornamental cactus mix

I did not have a good light source at first so a lot of them got the stretch.
Im hoping for the best. :thumbup:
At least almost everything germinated!!! :sun:

Just picked up a couple San Marzano tomatoes and am realizing that I have no idea what I'm doing. Tomatoes seem like more of an art than a science.

Quote:

MoonFarmer said:
All of my herbs are out of dormancy:
Garlic chives
Bronze fennnel
Lemon Balm
Pineapple Sage
Bee Balm
Catmint

My frost date is still a month away so some carrots, kale, and poppies in the ground is all for now.

Planted some kale. Completely forgot I had those seeds until you posted this. I also need to start some herbs.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25131309 - 04/11/18 04:49 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

What was wrong with your san marzanos? Last year those were the only tomatoes that performed well for me besides some cherry tomatoes I transplanted from the compost; I probably would have had 3 gallons or more of cherries had I picked them but I don't like cherries so they all went right back into the compost lol.

OfflineConundrumFischer
Friend

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: krypto2000]
    #25131340 - 04/11/18 05:04 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
What was wrong with your san marzanos? Last year those were the only tomatoes that performed well for me besides some cherry tomatoes I transplanted from the compost; I probably would have had 3 gallons or more of cherries had I picked them but I don't like cherries so they all went right back into the compost lol.

There is no real problem yet. I used to leafy greens an such. i need to learn more about tomatoes but I made an impulse buy.

I'm just a little overwhelmed with how much info there is on tomatoes and peppers. And I'm not sure what to implement.

• I don't really know how to prune my plants. How far should the lowest leaf stem be from the ground? Where should my "suckers" be and how many should I keep
  • Do I need calcium/lime? Am I going to get blossom end rot without it? Because I totally didn't throw that in when I planted them
  • I also am not 100% on how to best tie the plants to a trellis

Edited by ConundrumFischer (04/11/18 05:56 PM)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25131381 - 04/11/18 05:19 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

San marzanos are determinate, meaning they grow to a certain height and then put out fruit (albeit they will put out flowers/fruit in the process as well). Ime you want to trim the bottom after a certain height to give them good airflow, 6-18 inches maybe (it depends what you have planted under them, if just mulch/nothing 6-8 is probably fine).

From there you can basically leave them alone, or apply fertilizer per the recommended rate if you want. After they reach a certain size they will start putting out a lot of fruit. Again at that point you just wait (and again fertilize with a fruit formula if you want per the recommended rate), the fruits will grow and suck the nutrients out of the leaves until you are essentially left with a bunch of branches full of ripe red tomatoes and no leaves. They tend to all ripen at once, but if you want you can pick them green and ripen them early.

If you notice end rot then you can apply some calcium of some kind but you can't really know otherwise unless you have the soil tested. There are other things you can do as well, trim the tops to encourage fruits for instance, but that's the basics of growing determinates/san marzanos ime.

OfflineConundrumFischer
Friend

#25131478 - 04/11/18 06:06 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
San marzanos are determinate, meaning they grow to a certain height and then put out fruit (albeit they will put out flowers/fruit in the process as well). Ime you want to trim the bottom after a certain height to give them good airflow, 6-18 inches maybe (it depends what you have planted under them, if just mulch/nothing 6-8 is probably fine).

From there you can basically leave them alone, or apply fertilizer per the recommended rate if you want. After they reach a certain size they will start putting out a lot of fruit. Again at that point you just wait (and again fertilize with a fruit formula if you want per the recommended rate), the fruits will grow and suck the nutrients out of the leaves until you are essentially left with a bunch of branches full of ripe red tomatoes and no leaves. They tend to all ripen at once, but if you want you can pick them green and ripen them early.

If you notice end rot then you can apply some calcium of some kind but you can't really know otherwise unless you have the soil tested. There are other things you can do as well, trim the tops to encourage fruits for instance, but that's the basics of growing determinates/san marzanos ime.

Thank you for the quick grow guide. You have relieved much stress.

I have enough room in the container to put one more tomato plant but I'd rather not(I only eat tomatoes via sauce and I don't eat much tomato sauce either). I'd love to just throw some herb in there with it or perhaps some zucchini hanging off the side. Any suggestions on other veggies I could grow along side tomatoes?

Edited by ConundrumFischer (04/11/18 07:16 PM)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25131534 - 04/11/18 06:39 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't put a zucchini, those guys grow pretty big and will likely compete for nutrients. I normally grow various herbs underneath mine, basil and oregano primarily. They don't grow tall or root deep so they don't compete for nutrients, they deter pests and prevent weeds as a ground cover, and of course you can also add them to the sauce.

The only other thing I tend to plant under mine are marigolds, but if you are going for food the herbs would be your best bet. I normally make my sauce with basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. Rosemary grows fairly big and overwinters so probably isn't a good idea, I would think thyme would work well but I have not tried it myself, it also overwinters and I already have more than I need established elsewhere.

OfflineConundrumFischer
Friend

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: krypto2000] * 1
    #25131833 - 04/11/18 08:43 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
I wouldn't put a zucchini, those guys grow pretty big and will likely compete for nutrients. I normally grow various herbs underneath mine, basil and oregano primarily. They don't grow tall or root deep so they don't compete for nutrients, they deter pests and prevent weeds as a ground cover, and of course you can also add them to the sauce.

The only other thing I tend to plant under mine are marigolds, but if you are going for food the herbs would be your best bet. I normally make my sauce with basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. Rosemary grows fairly big and overwinters so probably isn't a good idea, I would think thyme would work well but I have not tried it myself, it also overwinters and I already have more than I need established elsewhere.

I had some basil seeds so I threw them in. Lets see how this goes.

OfflinePatchouli_Savage
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere between here an...
    #25140766 - 04/15/18 10:53 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Nothing- there is a blizzard outside right now and I don't have a ton of room indoors to start seeds. I have a lot of herbs established from last year- lavender, parsley, comfrey, fennell, sage, thyme, rosemary, loveage (sp) catnip. All still dormant under the snow. I do have a gift card for a local greenhouse so I will get some starts  for veggies and additional herbs when the weather cooperates. I have a lot of other landscaping projects to accomplish in addition to gardening though. I have plum trees and rosebushes that came with the property that need to be pruned extensively or removed. A mostly dead lilac Bush that must be removed. A fire pit to dig. I'm waiting as patiently as I can for spring.

--------------------
"You are a ghost driving a meat coated skeleton made from stardust. What do you have to be scared of?"

OfflineConundrumFischer
Friend

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Patchouli_Savage]
    #25150905 - 04/19/18 02:54 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Patchouli_Savage said:
Nothing- there is a blizzard outside right now and I don't have a ton of room indoors to start seeds. I have a lot of herbs established from last year- lavender, parsley, comfrey, fennell, sage, thyme, rosemary, loveage (sp) catnip. All still dormant under the snow. I do have a gift card for a local greenhouse so I will get some starts  for veggies and additional herbs when the weather cooperates. I have a lot of other landscaping projects to accomplish in addition to gardening though. I have plum trees and rosebushes that came with the property that need to be pruned extensively or removed. A mostly dead lilac Bush that must be removed. A fire pit to dig. I'm waiting as patiently as I can for spring.

At least you have someone to do starts for you. Its just a shame because seeds are so inexpensive.

How you thought of pruning and moving your roses. They don't mind being dug up and moved around.

OfflineNeutrino
Maple tree

#25150916 - 04/19/18 02:56 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Snow....lol

--------------------
Tandem bicycles are designed for two riders. Do it together.

OfflinePatchouli_Savage
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere between here an...
    #25151373 - 04/19/18 05:50 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah unfortunately we haven't been getting a ton of light through the biggest window and aside from re-arranging the entire room I'm hesitant to have a grow light on- power bill jumps enough in the winter. Hopefully next year..Baby steps. The rosebushes are cool where they are but they need to be pruned badly. They were pretty neglected before I bought the place.

--------------------
"You are a ghost driving a meat coated skeleton made from stardust. What do you have to be scared of?"

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #25154051 - 04/20/18 07:11 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

IT"S NOT SPRING!....  I still have a foot of snow all over my yard.  :mad2:

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

#25159214 - 04/23/18 04:01 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I did catnip, chives(garlic and regular), mint, basil(Potted), rosemary, and sage.

This is my first herb garden and I'm hoping for it to get established this year.
Any tip's?
I still have some room. Any suggestions?

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: BattyKoda] * 1
    #25159500 - 04/23/18 09:10 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I just planted my corn yesterday for a three sisters patch. Most of my plants are still quite small, especially the peppers, I feel like they're going to be in pots for at least the next month or so at this rate. It's warm enough for everything to go outside now, but they're going to get transplant shock if I do not wait.

InvisibleGrey Fox

#25163289 - 04/24/18 08:37 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Snakeye said:
I did catnip, chives(garlic and regular), mint, basil(Potted), rosemary, and sage.

This is my first herb garden and I'm hoping for it to get established this year.
Any tip's?
I still have some room. Any suggestions?

What about oregano? It has so many uses in cooking. Italian Oregano is the best one in my opinion.  I really like Marjoram and French Tarragon too.

Once herbs get established they are really tough. But like anything else it helps to baby them the first few weeks after planting.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25163318 - 04/24/18 08:47 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'd start some thyme too. Thyme, oregano, basil, and rosemary are my go to herbs.

Thyme is incredible potent too. I don't know if mine was especially flavorful because it was so neglected, but literally ~10 leaves (and they are tiny, like 1/5 the size of an oregano leaf), totaling maybe the area of your pinky nail, maybe half, would often be too much and overpowering in a dish.

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

#25168680 - 04/27/18 08:40 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the suggestions homies!!!

I'll make sure to get some Organo and thyme next time I swing by the nursery.
With That added this should be a well rounded and full herb garden.

Should I be getting two each of these plants? Or will they spread over summer or the years?

Do I need to lay off harvesting this season to allow them to become more established?

I'll be planting some more chive seedlings in the garden today and sowing some garlic chive seeds in pods.

Have a great one! :sun:

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#25168769 - 04/27/18 09:24 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Oregano and Thyme will both keep spreading, and at least for me you actually use so little thyme that it's insignificant. Whether you can use it this summer or not would depend upon how big your plants are, if they're little slips you may need to let them grow for awhile, but if they're actually established plants that you're putting in the ground then you'll be fine. I'm not 100% on the oregano as I brought mine in during the winter, but I know the thyme can survive multiple snow coverings no problem.

InvisibleGrey Fox

#25169140 - 04/27/18 12:28 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

If you dont use a lot of any single herb then one plant will probably be enough once it matures. But if you use a lot of something then two or more would be better. Also, a lot of herbs are started as seedlings and its not uncommon that there are actually two or three seedlings in that container even though it is being sold as one plant. I was able to divide one marjoram plant like that this spring because it was actually 3 seedlings growing together. Now I have 3 small marjoram plants growing from that one purchase.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Invisiblejohn_conner

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Grey Fox] * 2
    #25182779 - 05/03/18 08:40 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

i got a little of everything going!

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: john_conner]
    #25184902 - 05/04/18 09:10 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I planted my oregano and German thyme today! :sun:

Thanks again for the suggestions and advice!! :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #25233064 - 05/28/18 01:11 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Wormwood
Lemon Balm
Hyssop
Sweet Mint
Catnip
Horehound
Bee Balm
Prunella
Mother of Thyme
Comfrey (Bocking 14)

Wormwood, Bee Balm, Prunella, and Mother of Thyme are still in seed starter cells. Haven't even gotten the Hyssop and Horehound started yet. The Catnip, Sweet Mint, and Lemon Balm I bought from Bonnie Plants, bought in containers, and repotted in 4-5 gallon containers. Comfrey is in the ground and just starting to come up. Bought the roots on Etsy.

The first 7 in the list are going into Absinthe when they are ready to be harvested.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #25233605 - 05/28/18 09:51 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

What's different about "bocking 14" than common comfrey? I've got some comfrey growing in my yard for building up compost.

Did I forget to mention all the rye I have growing too? It's in full flower now and it's beautiful, I love watching it dance in the wind. My garden is all planted at this point, but I've still got ~70% of it covered in rye from last year, not sure what I'm going to do with all of that space once I harvest it.

edit: Not quite sure how I'm going to harvest it for that matter... I wish I had a scythe.

Edited by krypto2000 (05/28/18 09:51 AM)

Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

#25233760 - 05/28/18 10:51 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Idk the difference but,
As far as harvesting I go extra lazy and (with my cover crop, alternatively) simply yank out the weed wacker and chop it to the length I want to drop or be cut back at whatever, it could easily be harvested that way methinks.
Just aim the trimmer where it will drop the comfrey back right near itself instead of spitting it everywhere.
That's what I'd do.

Cheers

--------------------
hmm...

My Trade List

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: ashfiken]
    #25233778 - 05/28/18 10:59 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I meant harvesting the rye as opposed to the comfrey. A weed wacker probably would work but I don't actually have one. I don't want to mow it and mix in the grain as I plan to use it as straw for the garden. I do have a machete, maybe I can just chop it at the base.

Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

#25233798 - 05/28/18 11:09 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

That would work as well as a scythe I'd say,
Just more work bending the ole back!
Sorry thought you were talking bout the comfrey.

Cheers

--------------------
hmm...

My Trade List

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #25233809 - 05/28/18 11:16 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Bocking 14 doesn't produce viable seed. It is propagated only by root.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #25233822 - 05/28/18 11:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Ah, okay, thanks. I do have random comfrey popping up all over from seed, I don't really mind it though.

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
    #25237830 - 05/30/18 08:49 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Today i tranny a few tomatoes. I have yellow Copias and Cherokee Purples going currently. Def more like summer here in the South. A lot of my projects have already been started, but soon im hoping to redvamp tye layout of the greenhouse and start some krat, ario and loph seedlings :heart:

Cool thread btw, just found ya :grin:

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#25242475 - 06/01/18 11:14 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

What have I got planted...

Elderberry "Haschberg" (best black elderberry in terms of yield, taste and health)
Prune "Hauszwetschge" (a kind of blue prune known for 1700+ years now)
Currants
American Blueberries "Nordland"
(euro blueberries are host plants to ticks)
Strawberries
Tomatoes

The above will result in 6 months of berry picking a year :smile2:

Mint
Rosemary
Dill
Chives
Ramsons
Garlic
Sweet Marjoram
(not oregano/"wild majoram" but Origanum majorana, superior taste)

from the toxics: (not for ingestion but as spirit plants:

Belladonna
Mandrake
Henbane

From the pepper family:

Red Pointed Bell Pepper
African Birds Eye Chili aka Piri-Piri

That latter plant I intend as a houseplant, in a small pot so it stays small. It seems to do well indoors, is 2-3x as hot as cayenne so is a zinger, and just look how beautiful it is and how much it yields!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #25243333 - 06/01/18 07:41 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome Asante! :mushroom2:

I've been thinking about getting some berry bushes myself! :sun:

You can keep the ticks though!! :rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Asante] * 2
    #25246045 - 06/03/18 10:38 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:

Sweet Marjoram (not oregano/"wild majoram" but Origanum majorana, superior taste)

Sweet Marjoram is my favorite culinary herb. I have 6 of them growing (1 planted last fall and 5 this spring). It is a handsome little plant and the aroma of the crushed leaves is one of the best smells in the plant kingdom.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#25247617 - 06/04/18 08:51 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
Quote:

Asante said:

Sweet Marjoram (not oregano/"wild majoram" but Origanum majorana, superior taste)

Sweet Marjoram is my favorite culinary herb. I have 6 of them growing (1 planted last fall and 5 this spring). It is a handsome little plant and the aroma of the crushed leaves is one of the best smells in the plant kingdom.

I agree completely. If you think Oregano is good you habve to realize Oregano is Oreganum VULGARE and Sweet Majoram is Oreganum MAJORANA :yesnod:

What a delicious smell!

My garden has escalated, I have gotten 30 square pots of 10x10 inch which will add another precious 2 sqyare meter of garden!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#25247625 - 06/04/18 08:54 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Snakeye said:

Thats why you get Amerivan blueberries and not European ones.

Look into elderberries!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Asante]
    #25247647 - 06/04/18 09:05 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Why are you growing all in pots instead of the ground, do you just find it easier? I always have issues with water in the heat of summer if I grow in pots, I'll have to water them in the morning and again in the evening.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#25248074 - 06/04/18 12:52 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

My garden is very limited in size, I added these pots to it to grow lots more vegs & herbs. I have two crappy sheds that need to come down, i lack the $$ for the project, once thats done I will probably enhance what little garden I have. A vegetable garden makes so much sense, now that a friggin cucumber costs a buck!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President

Re: So its spring. What do you have planted? [Re: Asante]
    #25248528 - 06/04/18 04:22 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

Snakeye said:

Thats why you get Amerivan blueberries and not European ones.

Look into elderberries!

Thanks for the suggestions homie!!!

I was looking at some blueberry bushes the other day.
Just wasn't sure on which variety to get.

All the berry bushes are starting to go on sale in my area.
So I'm hoping to snag some up at a good price.
:catfrog:

If only I had access to some half price food stamps like the old days...:frown:
I could have really done my garden fancy!

--------------------

OfflineSmewsage
Female

Loc: Australia Flag
    #25359428 - 08/01/18 02:08 AM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Most interesting thing I have going in this spring (one month to go :grin:) is a couple of new varieties of hops. The dried flowers are meant to be good as a sleep aid, but I might have a crack at beer making as well

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale