Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? * 1
    #25098175 - 03/28/18 07:53 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Like I know that indica and sativa are different. I felt it myself. But are different strains of indica really that different from one another? Could you guess the strain you are smoking if it was a blind test? Kinda like the Pepsi challenge?

There's like 5000 strains out there nowadays, it's become as complicated as wine. So many producers and tastes.

Are you a weed sommelier? Could you tell the difference between strain using your sense and the buzz alone?

Also, if someone tells you it's a particular strain, could you tell if he's bullshitting you?

Well?

--------------------

Edited by Patlal (03/28/18 08:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblehTx
(:
Male User Gallery

Loc: Space-time
Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #25098179 - 03/28/18 07:56 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

There are certain strains I know well by their smell , taste, and look.

and could probably recognize these genetics in other strains.

But the highs do feel pretty similar to me.

I doubt I would be able to pepsi challenge by the high alone.

--------------------
zen by age ten times six hundred lifetimes
Light up the darkness.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: Patlal]
    #25098192 - 03/28/18 08:03 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Other than potency differences, I can't say that I do. Makes sense that there would be some I guess, but the indica/sativa distinction seems like mostly bullshit.

Offlinewushroow
Male

Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: psi]
    #25098240 - 03/28/18 08:28 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

I feel like it depends; I could differentiate say Skywalker from L.A. Confidential, but random indicas I haven't tried? :shrug: I think I could guess pretty accurately if given a handful to try that I'm familiar with. Strains are my favorite aspect of cannabis; feeling the various effects of all different types is exciting and fun to try and collect as many as possible.

--------------------
:tripmolecule:  :thataintright:  :tripmolecule:

Invisiblelocospacebean
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: wushroow]
    #25098259 - 03/28/18 08:42 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Differentiating from the high alone? 
Not so much, unless they are very stark differences. 

I spent a long time with Durban Poison (sativa) as well as a blueberry/purple kush variety (indica) and they each definitely had a unique physiological effect compared to one another.

The durban was my go-to for when i had shit to do... set my mind racing and gave me energy/incentive to do things...

The purps on the other hand were very heavy, very dulling on the senses and good for when you just wanna chill.

For me, hybrid strains were almost always about the taste, as i'd find it hard to differentiate the high between hybrids.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #25098261 - 03/28/18 08:43 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Like I know that indica and sativa are different. I felt it myself. But are different strains of indica really that different from one another? Could you guess the strain you are smoking if it was a blind test? Kinda like the Pepsi challenge?

There's like 5000 strains out there nowadays, it's become as complicated as wine. So many producers and tastes.

Are you a weed sommelier? Could you tell the difference between strain using your sense and the buzz alone?

Also, if someone tells you it's a particular strain, could you tell if he's bullshitting you?

Well?

i dont feel a difference. I only notice the strengths. But never did one strain give me couchlock and another give me energy. I wish weed was capable of giving me energy :lol:

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Invisiblelocospacebean
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25098271 - 03/28/18 08:49 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

i dont feel a difference. I only notice the strengths. But never did one strain give me couchlock and another give me energy. I wish weed was capable of giving me energy :lol:

Ya, i should probably clarify my comment regarding energy... i've never been given energy from any strain of weed... but i've had strains that don't reduce the energy that i already have, whereas other strains just seem to drain it from me.

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #25098274 - 03/28/18 08:50 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Sativa only strains would give me energy and a lot less mind fog when I smoked. Indicas would give me more anxiousness (not necessarily in a bad way, just overall more anxious), stronger munchies and I'd often get sleepy. The differences kind of disappeared with mixed strains though.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #25098277 - 03/28/18 08:52 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

sounds a little like placebo ^^

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinewushroow
Male

#25098336 - 03/28/18 09:21 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

I've noticed many people react differently to weed. Some feel stimulated and enjoy working while high, but other people feel absolutely useless while high. Personally, I find working to be enjoyable and enhanced while high (not stoned) on non-indica strains. I also have ADHD and I think that may be partially why I experience such effects

--------------------
:tripmolecule:  :thataintright:  :tripmolecule:

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: wushroow] * 1
    #25098340 - 03/28/18 09:22 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

With some yes.
I remember girl scout cookies being a great balance and I enjoyed the indica dominance.

Headband also literally felt like I was wearing a hat or headband at times... super cerebral. Sounds silly but try that shit and tell me i'm wrong

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #25098343 - 03/28/18 09:26 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

I'd say not, but not sure if it's an indica vs. sativa thing, or merely a difference in potency or cannabinoid profile

The effects of cannabinoids on THC versus THC alone are pretty well documented, I'd think there are pretty noticeably different effects for strains if the strain contains a lot more THC than normal for instance.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #25098348 - 03/28/18 09:29 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Quote:

Patlal said:

Well?

The weed I get doesn't give me energy per se, it just gives me an "I need to do something right now" moment.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #25098380 - 03/28/18 09:57 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

I know my sour D for sure, i like my kushes an purps. Sativa beats indica almost any time, indica is that white boy weed cause they dont know no better.

I like the weed 50yo smoke, shit is fire an slightly psychedelic in the dark and makes u feel real good without that paranoid shit you get from young ppl.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

InvisibleFruitOfLife
Professional Package Handler

Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25098390 - 03/28/18 10:07 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

No

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: FruitOfLife] * 2
    #25098394 - 03/28/18 10:12 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Most definitely in some cases, not just taste/smell but the effects as well. According to wiki:

Quote:

There are at least 113 different cannabinoids isolated from cannabis, exhibiting varied effects.

Some of those are no doubt variations of the same kind of things, like THC and CBD. But some are no doubt more distinct.

Then you have all the different flavanoids and terpenes:

Quote:

When we consider the 200 or more bioactive compounds that have been discovered in cannabis, often the more widely understood phytocannabinoids and terpenes tend to steal the spotlight. But these aren’t the only important compounds produced by cannabis. Take flavonoids for example. They account for roughly 10% of these known compounds with around 20 varieties known to exist in cannabis.

So in theory there's an almost endless combination of potencies/genetics, which also vary depending on how they are grown.

I think it's also dose dependent, especially with high THC strains. If you smoke a lot really quickly the high concentrations of THC overpower a lot of the other goodies.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

#25098416 - 03/28/18 10:26 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
I know my sour D for sure, i like my kushes an purps. Sativa beats indica almost any time, indica is that white boy weed cause they dont know no better.

I like the weed 50yo smoke, shit is fire an slightly psychedelic in the dark and makes u feel real good without that paranoid shit you get from young ppl.

Random ageism? Wtf does age have to do with weed strains ya cunt.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: Do you truly feel a difference between weed strains? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #25098422 - 03/28/18 10:34 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Yo moma haha, they get the same weed from the same people that get it from the same growers that have been sticking with the same seed.
Young people weed is all thc paranoid head hi.

Chill u an smoke 1 there buddy, relax guy you need a rest.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Edited by LemurLemur (03/28/18 10:49 PM)

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

#25098438 - 03/28/18 10:48 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

You're damn right I need a rest, but i'm a minimal smoker, I toke almost every day but usually only once in the evening and i'm set. I feel sort of high all day to be honest, once you've been smoking for long enough consistently you get the headspace for free :lol:

Maybe i'll smoke one for you lemur

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25098800 - 03/29/18 05:48 AM (6 years, 19 days ago)

If i had a list and did "match the high to the bud" i might be able to.

But off the high alone with no other information, like a sealed off bong so i couldnt smell or see the weed, theres no way.

But i can tell differences in weed highs, even thou they do feel similar. But theres a definite difference between difference strains.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | πŸ’§ Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method πŸ’§ | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds