Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebison2
Stranger
The importance of pre-planning * 1
    #25092264 - 03/26/18 05:14 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, so here's the deal.  I'm brand new at all of this but I have 60+ years of business experience including developing several companies.  As I said in a previous post I'm now 80 years old and if someone had told me I'd be having this much fun at this age, I'd have tried getting here sooner.

That said, let me tell you how I'm going about my present grow:

I found that even though I'd read and re-read all the information and watched the videos over and over when I was faced with the reality of my first attempt I kind of panicked and my mind went blank (I don't know, maybe I was just having a senior moment?)

In any case here's what I'm doing (and what I suggest you do, at least at first) I'm writing out the exact step by step procedure I'm going to follow and pinning up somewhere that I can see it to follow as I work. Like any cook does who's following a recipe.

In my own case I have a method I've developed over many years which is:

I have a white board and a pack of sticky notes.  I write each step or ingredient on a single piece and stick it to the white board.  I've found that this way I can easily arrange and re-arrange the process to my liking, just by moving the sticky notes around.  If I find I've somehow misunderstood or gotten a step or item out of order I can just re-arrange the flow chart without having to rewrite everything. I'll probably attach a photo of my completed white board at some point if there's any interest.

Anyway, I thought I'd just take the time for this tip to newbies as a means of returning some of the help and knowledge I've gotten from all the members of this group.

Thanks to everyone,

JB

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSaBr
Stranger
Re: The importance of pre-planning [Re: bison2]
    #25093345 - 03/27/18 12:14 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I think this is excellent advice!
Everyone learns/absorbs/practices differently... but man, in the heat of the moment, having a reference board is huge help and comfort.

OfflineTormato
It’s OK!! I’m a Limo Driver!! 😁
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The importance of pre-planning [Re: SaBr]
    #25093894 - 03/27/18 09:59 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Right on bison2! The struggle is real. Until I had my routine down I always wrote notes...it's so easy to get scattered brained sometimes :lol:

I'm anxious to see your first grow!  :thumbup:
:coolpost:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Tormato's LAGM 2020

Come chat with me and other Trusted Cultivators and Trusted Identifiers on Shroomery Discord

Some cool videos I like to watch under the influence.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started