Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinebroMontana
Stranger
Help me with mutated/deformed shrooms please and thank you :)
    #25033031 - 03/02/18 10:49 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This is my first time growing. First time posting, though I've been creeping for awhile, I usually find info I need without asking. This is different though.

Here are the facts:

1. Pf Tek jars were put into trays with coco coir/verm with damions coco coir tek.

2. I was worried about contams since it was my first time and I went OCD with Lysol and alcohol. EVERYTHING got sprayed lol. The jars, the still air box, the tools, the pressure cooker, the room I was in, the trays/chamber, the everything.

3. I did wipe everything down with clean paper towels, so if there was contact with Lysol, it would've had to have been some left over residue I happened to miss.

4. I have a feeling I may have put the trays into fruiting prematurely. One tray is going well, with the exception of the deformed fruits, and the other is barely getting a good pinset.

5. I mist and fan around every four hours. If it's still got some small droplets, I just fan (for about 60 sec). I understand FAE is Paramount. I don't think these abnormalities have anything to do with my mist/fan routine, unless I'm misting too much, which I try to avoid and be mindful of.

I've been reading it could be because of Lysol, it could be because of genetics, it could be because it was from a multispore syringe. I've been reading lots of explanations.

I just want to make sure I won't die eating these lol. The trays smell fine. But visually, it's hard to tell.

If anybody could help me out that'd be great. I have pics, they're shit though. But they capture the essence of what's going on lol.

It's hard to see but some of them are splitting/ripping as they bend at weird angles, like an animal clawed at them. Super weird. And inside of them it's got a greyish blue look. Not overwhelming but the grey/blue is there.

Some have white fuzz at the base, but it doesn't look like cobweb, if that's even a probability.

Some have dark caps, some have like a white film on them.

And some look completely normal.

I'm stumped.

Again, forgive the shitty  pics please, and thanks in advance if you know what the hell is going on with these fam!!!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRuxBux
WhiskeyTimeMachine
 User Gallery

Loc: Tundra Wasteland
Re: Help me with mutated/deformed shrooms please and thank you :) [Re: broMontana]
    #25033180 - 03/02/18 11:59 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Did you take those pictures in a cave? Lol

You're fine. Stop worrying. Mutants are perfectly safe to eat. The "fuzzy feet" is aerial hyphae. Also fine to eat. It is very normal. If you have large amounts of it, increase your FAE. But with that tiny bit I'd say you are doing fine.

Also, great job! You have tons of fruit for your first grow. Some folks don't even make it that far.

OfflinebroMontana
Stranger
Re: Help me with mutated/deformed shrooms please and thank you :) [Re: RuxBux]
    #25033220 - 03/02/18 12:11 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Lol thank you so much, I'm one of those super anxious people who worries about every possible thing that could go wrong.

Glad to know they look normal, despite the pics lmao thanks bro

InvisibleMiracleMike
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Help me with mutated/deformed shrooms please and thank you :) [Re: broMontana]
    #25033276 - 03/02/18 12:34 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Just relax and let go your anxiety) If someone of these sterile-guys just saw how I made my first grow they would have heart attack. I was use steam sterilization for BRF cakes and skin lotion (about 70% alcohol) for tools and SAB. I've cut every single corner of all teks I use. Yet I harvest about 260 (234 actually) grams from first 4-caked flush (50/50+ tek casing).

--------------------
Technically alcohol is a solution

Edited by MiracleMike (03/02/18 12:50 PM)

OfflineMeatflap
Visiting the Fifth Quadrant
Male

#25088973 - 03/25/18 10:57 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Lysol can cause genetic mutations. Those mushrooms look amazing though. Very different.

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help me with mutated/deformed shrooms please and thank you :) [Re: Meatflap]
    #25089745 - 03/25/18 04:23 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I'm no lecanicillium aka vert expert but you might want to read up on it.

tc posts about vert with pictures attached

mutations can happen organically and a little bit of lysol should not be a problem. but that splitting shroom is a little worrying. if that progresses rapidly and migrates to nearby shrooms you may have a problem

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started