Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Eat's Shroom Tacos * 3
    #21929924 - 07/11/15 05:47 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

:chief:EAT'S SHROOM TACO'S :chief:

Brought to you by THE TRIBE

Harvest

Part 1: The Salsa

Ingredients

1 Jalapeno
1 bell pepper(red or yellow) you can mix half and half
4 large tomatoes or 8 small tomatoes(vine ripe)
4 cloves garlic
1/2 lime
Food processor
Sharp Knife
chili powder

Directions

1. Cut up the onion, jalapenos, bell peppers, garlic to a size that they all fit in your food processor.

2. Blend up the entire mix until its a nice consistency. I have used 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow bell pepper in this illustration for color and availability. Id suggest using red or yellow and not the green bell pepper. The flavor of the salsa will be a bit different. After you have blended all of these into a liquid keep the food processor running and add some chili powder and a squeeze of about half a lime.
It will look like this.

If you use more red or yellow pepper depending on which one your salsa will come out a different color. I like the combination of both. But some may prefer red salsa or yellow salsa. It is up to you.

Part 2: The meat and shrooms

Ingredients

1lb lean ground beef
4oz package of mushrooms(any kind if your doing vegetarian use 2 or 3 8oz packages of mushrooms)
4 cloves garlic
onions
Butter
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
jalapeno
chili powder

Directions

1. Start by turning your pan to high heat and laying down about 2 tablespoons of butter and your 4 sliced cloves of garlic.

2. Allow the butter and garlic to sautee for a few minutes so that the butter soaks up the flavor from the garlic. If you need to add more, just add a dash of olive oil until the mushrooms are cooked down very well. Option: add your slices jalapeno and onions if you want a little more flavor for the meat. At this time you should have defrosted your meat in the microwave or before hand.

3. After your mushrooms have cooked down and absorbed the flavor, add your lean ground beef to the mix.

4. Cook down your meat until it starts browning. Make the pieces about 1/4" size so they are not too small when you place them in your tacos. Mix in the mushrooms and spices evenly as you cook the meat.

5. Once most of the meat is cooked. Add in chili powder. Add it until it is covered. We will be adding more or less to color. You want the end result to be a darker orange color.

6. As you keep stirring and mixing the spices, meat and shrooms you come a nice color and consistency.

7. Now is the time you want to stir in your salsa. You will add enough to cover about half the meat with salsa. Remember this salsa is spicy so its going to give an even better flavor to your meat. You don't want too much salsa so that the taco meat isn't runny.

8. Stir in more chili powder and mix to the color you prefer. Sometimes I make the meat very dark almost chili powder color. This will be some spicy taco seasoning.

9. Now it is almost done.

10. Now take out your taco meat and place it in a container to stick in the fridge for tomorrows dinner. We want to let it marinate like this for a day or three if you want.

11.Now when your ready to eat your tacos. You start prepping the puffy taco shell's about an hour before you eat. You are also going to make guacamole at this time as well. We will get to that later.

Part 3: The Puffy Tacos

From foodnetwork

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/foodnation-with-bobby-flay/puffy-tacos-recipe/index.html

Video on taco preparation

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/puffy-tacos/28381.html

Ingredients

* 3 cups corn tortilla mix
    * 1/2 tablespoon salt
    * 2 1/4 cups warm water

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. When the dough is consistent begin rolling dough balls about the size of a ping pong ball. Using a tortilla press that is lined in a thick plastic, press out the dough. You use the plastic (it can be a ziploc bag that has been cut) so that the dough does not stick to the tortilla press. Meanwhile have a deep pot filled with cooking oil approximately 2 inches high and heated to 250 degrees. Drop the flat tortilla in the hot oil and using a metal spatula repeatedly douse with the oil. You will see that it will begin to puff up. Flip it over and using the spatula make an indention in the middle of the tortilla to forma taco shape. Remove from oil and allow to drain. Fill with ground meat, shredded chicken, guacamole, bean and cheese or your favorite filling. Top with shredded lettuce and diced tomato.

Caution; Be very careful when making these. Make sure there is proper ventilation and do not allow the oil to get too hot. Also, if you can't get your hands on a tortilla press then use a clean counter. You will still need the plastic so that the dough does not stick to the counter. Place your dough ball on the plastic and cover with more plastic and then using something heavy to press it out.

Anyway, I followed these directions and made perfect tacos. It would be best to use a taco press if you can get one. If not, what you do is make a big giant ball of your dough mix. lay down on the counter, saran wrap. One for the top, one for the bottom. Roll out the dough between the saran wrap.

Once flat to about 1/8" thickness you will use a circular container that you have that can cut dough. Just for shape. I found a circular container about 6" diameter. You press the dough and make as many circular dough tortillas as possible. Once your done. Lay the tortillas you made on a separate plate. Roll up the extra dough and continue to do this until your done with all the dough.

Otherwise you will be asking for a headache if you try to do it by hand.

Here is a pictorial walk through of what I am talking about. You want to do this on a hard surface.

Here is a pictoral on frying up the shells. You have to constantly splash frying oil over the top of each tortilla to get them to puff up. Then let it fry for about 15 seconds and flip it. Then do the same thing. Then fold the tortilla in half using your spatula. Then let the whole thing fry another 10 seconds. The video shows all this.

supplies

done

Part 4: Guacamole

Ingredients

2 avacados
3 cloves garlic
1/4 of an onion
1/2 lime
fork
knife

Directions

1. Cut your garlic and onion into very small pieces

2. Cut your avacados in half. Use a fork to scrape them out into a bowl for mixing.

wait "no you didn't". don't forget to scrape the inside of the skin with the fork. look how much more we got out of there. avacados are like gold. can't ever have too much.

wise man on mule once said, "you scrape inside of avacado skin or die horrible death". might have to answer to this guy.

3. dispose of the seeds and skins of the avacado.

4. using your fork, smash the avacado into small pieces.

While you do this, add the onion, garlic and squeeze the lime  in. Mix it in well.

5. You should keep doing this until the guacamole gets to a very nice smooth but slightly chunky consistency.

Part 5: The finish

Lowfat sour cream
Lowfat skim mozarella or mexican cheese mix
spoon
guacamole
shredded lettuce
diced tomatoes
cilantro
diced onions
lime

1. Place meat in taco shell

2. Dump a handful of cheese and lettuce on top

3. Get a spoonful of guacamole and dump it on top of the meat.

4. Dump spoonful of sour cream on top of that.

5. Serve and eat. You can also eat blue corn chips with the rest of your freshly made salsa.

done

here are some with regular corn tortillas from the store if your lazy.

made some more shroom tacos from this oyster grow.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21744280

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Eat's Shroom Tacos [Re: eatyualive]
    #21930870 - 07/11/15 09:09 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

:feelsshroomyman:  :congrats:

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Eat's Shroom Tacos [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #21937346 - 07/13/15 01:32 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

:drooling:

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #21942750 - 07/14/15 04:31 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

You made mushroom puffy TACOS!  AND you grew the mushrooms.. 

This is worthy of a :thumbup:

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Re: Eat's Shroom Tacos [Re: GabbaDj]
    #22004428 - 07/27/15 01:01 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, making me hungry!

I would suggest adding a bit of cilantro to the salsa and a bit of cumin to the meat, right when you put it in the pan. Also, salt & fresh-ground pepper added to the meat, salsa and guac will open up all the flavors and give it more depth.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

OfflineWAN
Stranger
Re: Eat's Shroom Tacos [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #22007245 - 07/27/15 10:32 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

How long did the whole  process take?

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Re: Eat's Shroom Tacos [Re: WAN]
    #22012466 - 07/28/15 10:19 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WAN said:

30-45 mins.

im not a fan of cilantro myself. but it would definitely be a good addition if you like it.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
    #22012498 - 07/28/15 10:28 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:
Quote:

WAN said:

30-45 mins.

That must be being dilligent and working like a job. I'd probably make it take an hour and chill and drink some beers during.

Quote:

im not a fan of cilantro myself. but it would definitely be a good addition if you like it.

You included it in your finishing toppings...

But yeah, a little salt, maybe 1 tsp of kosher salt to each part of the recipe would do wonders. Dem sodium channels.

Source: I work in a taco-serving restaurant.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Re: Eat's Shroom Tacos [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #22012534 - 07/28/15 10:36 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

yeah kosher salt and pepper are always good. and i do like adding cumin to my taco meat as well. at the time, was trying to use less salt i guess. or maybe i was out when making the thread :lmafo:

now adays i chop up fresh jalapenos into small pieces and add it to the guac.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

OfflineWAN
Stranger
    #22014956 - 07/29/15 12:58 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking it must have taken him 3 to 4 hours because he was making everything from scratch it seems.  30-45 mins is very tolerable.

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Re: Eat's Shroom Tacos [Re: WAN]
    #22015362 - 07/29/15 02:40 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

It looks like work but once you do it a few times its quick. It may take longer the first time.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

#25086896 - 03/24/18 10:09 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

i am now going to revisit these tacos today with a nice harvest! can't wait. i have not made them with the fried shells in several years.

more oysters! damn oysters taste so damn good and they are super easy to grow! if you haven't tried yet, please do so. its very rewarding.

blues

pearls

harvest. must have harvested about 10lbs fresh or more total. ate about half of it already.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

OfflineMahdi
Temporal
I'm a teapot

#25086923 - 03/24/18 10:25 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Awesome recipe and nice pics, are those on mulch?

I'm definitely gonna make some of these tacos when I get my first flush of oysters :grin:

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Re: Eat's Shroom Tacos [Re: Mahdi]
    #25087090 - 03/24/18 12:06 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

yes. wood mulch. organic or whatever. i prefer the organic if you can find it. home depot and lowes have it in my area.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21744280/page/1/fpart/1

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

#25087148 - 03/24/18 12:37 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Its on.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates