Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineteachmegold
Stranger
 User Gallery
First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit * 1
    #21819787 - 06/17/15 04:57 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hello everyone.
I experimented a few mushies from a friend of a friend, a noobie grower like I'm being now, and soon became a fan. I ordered a SUPAGRO Golden Teacher kit and started it a week + 1 day ago. I'm quite surprised by the speed of its growth.
I placed the kit on top of an external hard drive. As I didn't have any accessories, this was the best option I arranged to rise the temperature to an adequate level. The room was bright during the day, but I also place a light above the kit.
The first mushrooms started to appear between the 4th and 5th day, just like as I read everywhere. From the 5th to the 8th day I observed a lightning growth, but when compared to other pictures of growth kits, I find that there are too many thin shrooms, instead of fat fruits like I saw in other posts.

I just wanted to share my first experience with everyone and have some feedback.

I'm attaching some pictures of my kit development. I think I should be harvesting it in 12 hours or so.

What do you think?

Taken 2 days ago

Taken 2 days ago

Taken 1 day ago

Taken 15 hours ago

Taken moments ago

Taken moments ago

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaddchef
Vaginal escape artist
 User Gallery

Loc: Your mom's vag
Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: teachmegold]
    #21819811 - 06/17/15 05:04 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Where are you buying ready to fruit kits? What country are you in?

--------------------
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.....                     

Easier than cakes

I do science and shit.

:havesomescience:

OfflineDensePlacebo
Stranger
Male

Loc: canada Flag
    #21819824 - 06/17/15 05:06 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Nice grow man good job. They look real good. I'd harvest whenever you want, if you wait the 12 hrs you might have spores everywhere. No big deal just a little messy.

--------------------
Alright then, picture this if you will:
10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes, in my "need to know" post, just outside of Area 51.
Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thing with just a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but never really expect to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime and stopping right at my Birkenstocks, and me yelping...
Holy fucking shit!

OfflineSksoul
Pan handler
 User Gallery

Loc: Far East
Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: DensePlacebo]
    #21819857 - 06/17/15 05:16 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I feel like whenever I see people post boss results from a kit grow (a grow they didn't have to do anything to achieve) it is the vendor who sells them. There is always a mention of which kit they used and its always someone's first post. just me?

--------------------
Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

Offlineteachmegold
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: DensePlacebo]
    #21819874 - 06/17/15 05:20 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks!!

Well, I don't have things yet prepared for pre-drying and drying stages, so I would rather wait so I can set up everything. I also have to build my own drying system. I think I'll use the Epsom salt method, althoug I would prefer have them only pre-dryed. That would make them more chewable and appetizing, but it seems that one can easily ruin one batch by doing so...

Offlineteachmegold
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: Sksoul]
    #21819888 - 06/17/15 05:24 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hi! Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I'm not trying to sell anything, or I would just say where it came from.
I'm just sharing my 1st growing experience.
I read a few articles and instructions about this typo of growing, so the good results come from the validity of the kit and from my preparation, I guess.

Anyway, I believe I did something wrong, because I saw people with much more juicy fruits than mine :P

OfflineSksoul
Pan handler
 User Gallery

Loc: Far East
    #21819915 - 06/17/15 05:34 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

From a sub that size you should expect smaller fruits. You did say the name and someone could easily good "supagro mushroom kit" or something. Anyways, it did what was advertised, so I guess vendor or not, you have results to show...

--------------------
Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.

Offlineteachmegold
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: Sksoul]
    #21819924 - 06/17/15 05:37 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I understand your point and will avoid any references in the future.

Thanks for your feedback.

OfflineCharleskun
Sir Charlington
 User Gallery

#21820050 - 06/17/15 06:07 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Holy shit that pinset is surprisingly insane for a grow kit. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::eek:

--------------------
All I see Is darkness

OfflineAero
Orea

Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: Charleskun]
    #21820240 - 06/17/15 06:46 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Charleskun said:
Holy shit that pinset is surprisingly insane for a grow kit. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::eek:

Most of the vendors use clone cultures in their growkits

--------------------
SPREAD THE SPORES

Offlineteachmegold
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: Aero]
    #21824046 - 06/18/15 03:04 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I can only come to the conclusion that ready-to-grow kits aren't much appreciated around here..

I was only looking for some feedback and ways to improve these grows.
I'm not a maniac about mushrooms. My only interested is to have some stock for special occasions. And growing my own stuff is always a thrill to me and any hints are welcome.

Heres a picture of my crop a few hours ago

Take care everyone.

OfflineAero
Orea

#21824059 - 06/18/15 03:07 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

teachmegold said:
Well, I can only come to the conclusion that ready-to-grow kits aren't much appreciated around here..

I was only looking for some feedback and ways to improve these grows.
I'm not a maniac about mushrooms. My only interested is to have some stock for special occasions. And growing my own stuff is always a thrill to me and any hints are welcome.

Heres a picture of my crop a few hours ago

Take care everyone.

looks like money well spent

--------------------
SPREAD THE SPORES

OfflineStevoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25085589 - 03/23/18 05:35 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

I've got a growth kit for Golden Teachers as well. I put it in my room at room temperature and it stayed there for about 10 days before I realized I had to store it in the fridge. And then, after some days of being stored in the fridge, I decided to start working on it. I sterilized some water in an electric kettle, I let the water cool down to lukewarm and I submerged the kit in this water, I re-closed the kit and I stored it in the fridge for 12 hours. After that, I removed the water that was left in the kit, and I put the growth kit in the growbag, and left this setup in my room at room temperature. On the third day, I finally had the money to buy a heating pad and a device that acts as a hygrometer and a thermometer. I put the growbag (with the kit still inside) on the heating pad. I wiped the hygrometer-thermometer with some surgical spirit to decrease chances of contamination, and I inserted this device into the grow bag and I left it on the outside of the growth kit. According to some sources the ideal temperature should be between 21 and 27 degrees Celsius, and the ideal humidity levels should be 90%. It was at 99% humidity and 21 degrees Celsius today before I had put the bag on the heating mat, but after a few hours after I had put it onto the heating mat, the humidity levels got too low (they dropped down to 78%), the temperature was fine though (it was around 25 or 26 degrees Celsius). I wet a towel with a bit of water and put it underneath the growbag, onto the heating pad, and the temperature dropped down to 21 degrees Celsius, whilst the humidity levels rose to nearly 90% again. However, after some time the humidity levels started dropping down again. After that, I turned it off. Seemed like I couldn't maintain the ideal temperature without compromising the humidity levels or vice versa, if I turned the heating pad back on, the temperature would be just right but the humidity levels would be too low. And whenever I turned it off, the the humidity levels would get too high and the temperature would be too low or close to being too low. Today is the 4th day and it's been raining all day, so there's a lot of humidity in my room. The hygrometer marked 93% humidity (I didn't notice, thought it had stayed around 87%), and I sprayed some sterilized water onto the walls of the inside of the growbag, which I think is that due to that reason my hygrometer is marking 99% humidity inside the growbag. Apart from that mistake, I'm getting the feeling that I'm doing something wrong. What are the do's and don'ts if I want my kit to have successful growth like yours? What else do I need to do? Pls help

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: Stevoo]
    #25086327 - 03/24/18 12:16 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Stevoo said:
I've got a growth kit for Golden Teachers as well. I put it in my room at room temperature and it stayed there for about 10 days before I realized I had to store it in the fridge. And then, after some days of being stored in the fridge, I decided to start working on it. I sterilized some water in an electric kettle, I let the water cool down to lukewarm and I submerged the kit in this water, I re-closed the kit and I stored it in the fridge for 12 hours. After that, I removed the water that was left in the kit, and I put the growth kit in the growbag, and left this setup in my room at room temperature. On the third day, I finally had the money to buy a heating pad and a device that acts as a hygrometer and a thermometer. I put the growbag (with the kit still inside) on the heating pad. I wiped the hygrometer-thermometer with some surgical spirit to decrease chances of contamination, and I inserted this device into the grow bag and I left it on the outside of the growth kit. According to some sources the ideal temperature should be between 21 and 27 degrees Celsius, and the ideal humidity levels should be 90%. It was at 99% humidity and 21 degrees Celsius today before I had put the bag on the heating mat, but after a few hours after I had put it onto the heating mat, the humidity levels got too low (they dropped down to 78%), the temperature was fine though (it was around 25 or 26 degrees Celsius). I wet a towel with a bit of water and put it underneath the growbag, onto the heating pad, and the temperature dropped down to 21 degrees Celsius, whilst the humidity levels rose to nearly 90% again. However, after some time the humidity levels started dropping down again. After that, I turned it off. Seemed like I couldn't maintain the ideal temperature without compromising the humidity levels or vice versa, if I turned the heating pad back on, the temperature would be just right but the humidity levels would be too low. And whenever I turned it off, the the humidity levels would get too high and the temperature would be too low or close to being too low. Today is the 4th day and it's been raining all day, so there's a lot of humidity in my room. The hygrometer marked 93% humidity (I didn't notice, thought it had stayed around 87%), and I sprayed some sterilized water onto the walls of the inside of the growbag, which I think is that due to that reason my hygrometer is marking 99% humidity inside the growbag. Apart from that mistake, I'm getting the feeling that I'm doing something wrong. What are the do's and don'ts if I want my kit to have successful growth like yours? What else do I need to do? Pls help

Take it off the heating pad. You're going to contaminate it. Room temperature is fine. Humidity doesn't mean anything here, you wan't ideal surface conditions, that's what matters.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Edited by elasticaltiger (03/24/18 12:17 AM)

Invisibleplurfekt
Finally Grateful

Loc: USA
Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25086553 - 03/24/18 05:09 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

How much did you spend on a grow kit?

It is a highly prolific pinset, so naturally that is from a clone/isolate.  If not, that's some lucky MS.  I've had MS tubs like that, but rarely so uniform.

If you are having trouble maintaining 99% rH it's because you're using a grow bag and not a more reliable fruiting chamber.  I personally have no experience with "grow bags" though so don't quote me on that.

Be interested to hear your dry weight in grams vs. the amount you spent on this kit in USD

EDIT_

Just noticed this is a 3 year old thread.

We're bumpin' them this morning boys

Edited by plurfekt (03/24/18 05:13 AM)

OfflineStevoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow, Golden Teacher, ready-to-grow kit [Re: plurfekt]
    #25086767 - 03/24/18 08:53 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

I spent 50 Euros on my kit, which makes it like around 52 to 55 USD.

OfflineStevoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25086772 - 03/24/18 08:58 AM (6 years, 25 days ago)

When I take it off the heating pad, the temperature drops down to about 18 or 19 degrees Celsius. Isn't that too low of a temperature?

OfflineStevoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25086779 - 03/24/18 09:03 AM (6 years, 24 days ago)

When I take it off the heating pad, the temperature drops down to about 18 or 19 degrees Celsius. Is it fine to grow mushrooms in that temperature (if they grow at all in that temperature) or should the temperature between 21 and 27 degrees Celsius?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale