Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: flyhighfunguy]
    #25084919 - 03/23/18 12:10 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

Nice! Seems like a pretty equivalent recipe.

--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰

Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25087256 - 03/24/18 01:53 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

I incoluated these galindoi jars with agar about 8 days ago using the tiger drop. The jars are kept at a pretty constant 68-69°F, and recieve around 12 hours of ambient light daily.

How do you guys think this growth looks for 8 days in? The grain is wheat berries prepped with half strength coffee and a little bit of gypsum.

Edited by flyhighfunguy (03/24/18 01:59 PM)

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Tight Lunchbox] * 1
    #25091076 - 03/26/18 03:24 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
id do wheat. wbs taste funny and its hard enough to clean grains off stones let alone tiny ass millet seeds.

I've done wheat by far the hardest to separate from sclerotia.

Quote:

Tight Lunchbox said:
Wheat if you're concerned about easily picking out the sclerotia. All the Milo and millet in WBS are smaller and  seem like it would be a pain to remove.

'Milo' (sorghum) i've found the easiest to separate from the sclerotia. It just falls away.

You have to hydrate it until the grains start to pop strangely enough. Its strange to work with.

These were a bag of sorghum grown sclerotia -

Edited by _OttO_ (03/26/18 03:43 AM)

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: _OttO_] * 1
    #25091100 - 03/26/18 03:43 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Tampanensis MS one month on sorghum -

Jalisco one month also sorghum -

Galindoi clone 1.5 months, sorghum, breaking the substrate apart with the sclerotia formation inside the spawn -

Edited by _OttO_ (03/27/18 12:14 AM)

OfflineVariegated
Pressure cooker operator
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: _OttO_]
    #25091129 - 03/26/18 04:33 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Just dumped a bag of sorgham..280 grams from a 3 lb bag. Let them go 6 months so wasnt to bad of a haul

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Variegated]
    #25091481 - 03/26/18 09:06 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Variegated said:
Just dumped a bag of sorgham..280 grams from a 3 lb bag. Let them go 6 months so wasnt to bad of a haul

Did you find it simple enough to seperate the sclerotia from the sorghum?

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #25091520 - 03/26/18 09:24 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

_OttO_ said:
You have to hydrate it until the grains start to pop strangely enough. Its strange to work with.

i just soak it:shrug: easiest grain to work with imo

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: mushboy]
    #25093454 - 03/27/18 12:06 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
Quote:

_OttO_ said:

i just soak it:shrug: easiest grain to work with imo

Needs to fully hydrate for best sclerotia formation/ease of cleaning ime.

I tried some drier grains as an experiment and sclerotia production was slowed and reduced.

Would be fine and probably preferred to use drier sorghum for cubensis spawn though.

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ozarks
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: _OttO_] * 1
    #25093492 - 03/27/18 12:46 AM (6 years, 22 days ago)

Slightly past the 2 month mark, 120g and some change. I harvested early so my girl's step dad and mom could trip for his birthday, they split 25g, and I can't wait to hear how it went (they split 15g a couple weeks ago)

--------------------
Peace, pot and microdot!:mushroom2:
No amount of progress has ever been made in the way of man without challenging the things we think we understand.-00Burnout
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List
https://psychedelia.space

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: 00Burnout]
    #25093997 - 03/27/18 08:54 AM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Great mountains of stones lol, well done

I've isolated Ps. Mex and am doing the same for Ps. Galindoi (ATL#7).

What I plan on doing is letting bags of grains colonize completely but then at least part of that I want to transfer to big transparent plastic bags (for recycling) which I put in a cardboard box each. Then I let it reconsolidate until it assumes the block shape. I guess I'll tie it together with some polyfill for GE.
Hopefully saves on semi long term storage efficiency and occupied bags..

Will do this in bathroom after I've let the shower run for a while. It might be a terrible plan still, because of unnecessary contam risks. But worth a small experiment to me.

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Solipsis]
    #25094056 - 03/27/18 09:23 AM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Thanks! Sounds like fun bro, keep me posted on that!

--------------------
No amount of progress has ever been made in the way of man without challenging the things we think we understand.-00Burnout
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

OfflineFishLevelMidnight
Aquaman
Male User Gallery

#25094406 - 03/27/18 11:41 AM (6 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Solipsis said:

What I plan on doing is letting bags of grains colonize completely but then at least part of that I want to transfer to big transparent plastic bags (for recycling) which I put in a cardboard box each. Then I let it reconsolidate until it assumes the block shape. I guess I'll tie it together with some polyfill for GE.

Will do this in bathroom after I've let the shower run for a while. It might be a terrible plan still, because of unnecessary contam risks. But worth a small experiment to me.

I don't see what you're planning on here.
Just reforming it in a new box so you can let it sit and form stones there instead of in the jar?

--------------------

Trade List

OfflineCootermonkey
Seeker/lover of knowledge
Male
Loc: Texas Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: FishLevelMidnight]
    #25097953 - 03/28/18 06:24 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Finally got my first atl#7 syringe and ive got 2 questions that im sure were already asked but this is a big ass thread! Haha anywho

Will rgs work good in quart jars for the sclerotia?

And could trading out the "sub" in the jars fruiting it and using the sclerotia to "inoc" another keep them growing and from rotting? Sound feasible? Or is it more of a lifespan kinda thing

--------------------
MyLAGM2020Growlog

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Cootermonkey]
    #25098020 - 03/28/18 06:52 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Cootermonkey said:
Finally got my first atl#7 syringe and ive got 2 questions that im sure were already asked but this is a big ass thread! Haha anywho

Will rgs work good in quart jars for the sclerotia?

And could trading out the "sub" in the jars fruiting it and using the sclerotia to "inoc" another keep them growing and from rotting? Sound feasible? Or is it more of a lifespan kinda thing

Yea you can grow sclerotia in quarts of rye grass seed. I've never used it myself but in the teks I've seen you just add the seed and water to the jar at a 1:2 ratio (for example 300 ml seed, 150 ml water) add a pinch of gypsum, let it sit for a couple hours, shake, and then pc.

And if you harvest the jar  you could take a tissue sample from one of them and get a clone going on agar, and then noc up some more grains with that.

Edited by flyhighfunguy (03/28/18 06:57 PM)

OfflineCootermonkey
Seeker/lover of knowledge
Male
Loc: Texas Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: flyhighfunguy]
    #25098074 - 03/28/18 07:09 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Right on thanks for that bit of info, i musta missed that one haha.

And i am gonna agar clone, that part was more of a curiosity in pre-thought about letting them continue to grow

--------------------
MyLAGM2020Growlog

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Cootermonkey]
    #25098081 - 03/28/18 07:12 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Stones or bacteria??

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25098411 - 03/28/18 10:22 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Looks like stones to me

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: FishLevelMidnight]
    #25098461 - 03/28/18 11:11 PM (6 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

fishermansjc said:
Quote:

Solipsis said:

I don't see what you're planning on here.
Just reforming it in a new box so you can let it sit and form stones there instead of in the jar?

I am also confused as to the plan....

Running a shower in a bathroom will not clean your bathroom.

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
    #25101367 - 03/30/18 04:58 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Sorry about the confusion..

Fisherman pretty much got it though: I just want to reshape in a bag in a box, then when it is solid, whole and fused enough take the bag out of the box and stack them so that no jars are needed. Filtered openings would be to the sides.
I realize the problem now.. normal plastic bags are too thin and permeable.

It's not a really fancy plan, am just looking for a nice and cheap way to store blocks for months.

Running a shower will not necessarily 'clean' the bathroom (it should still cleaned decently though) but it functions in the same way as spraying in a still air box: the fog can condense and precipitate particles in the air. Not sterile but cleaner than normal. It's a good way to go with brewing IMO (I used to brew with others when I learned that) which is not done really sterile either but should be "clean". Always a matter of 90% vs 99% vs 99.9% if you get what I mean: different grades of sanitized. Substrate or medium that is fully colonized / dominating of course has much different resistance.

Or do you need to do it with sterile procedure because it needs to sit that long?
I was considering the fogged out bathroom because it may all be a bit large to try and pull of in a glovebox?

Something else though, could you guys help me figure out this plate?

It's a third transfer.. I don't know if these are sectors of compatible strains, should I have chosen smaller or better sectors/wedges during the transfers? Or is this fine? I think I can see an incompatible sector wedged in, at 3 o clock..
My other transfers / isolations have produced much more uniform looking proper isolates. Is this possibly a result of high amounts of crowded (germinated) spores?

It's P. Galindoi ATL#7 on granola bran dextrose agar (I was out of potatoes IIRC).

@ the rye combined with water: isn't it nice and field capacity if you soak it 24 hours and drain? Can you use WBS or any grains as long as it's edible?

Thank you. :smile: Can learn a lot here, if my plan is silly I will use a more standard method.

Edited by Solipsis (03/30/18 05:09 AM)

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

#25104226 - 03/31/18 11:01 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

My T5 galandoi that comes from a print from Dabadoodledoo

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck