Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRaRaRasputin
Lover Of The Russian Queen
Male

Loc: St. Petersburg or Siberia Flag
Funky darker myc?
    #25082521 - 03/22/18 01:31 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Here is my qrt jar and to the naked eye I can see the fuzz actually meshing and weeving with healthy myc but it just looks to bad to be true. I'm starting a sergury/saving a jar TEK and if it is bad stuff I'm actually excited to try my TEK again, but I don't want to be putting harmful chemicals (to the Myc, not humans) if it's not needed. Less stress the better right. Anyways here it is

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Funky darker myc? [Re: RaRaRasputin]
    #25082529 - 03/22/18 01:35 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

I don't see any contamination, but it's hard to tell with this photo.
Can you let this grow out for a few more days and post more photos of it?

Is that rice and verm? Interesting choice.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineRaRaRasputin
Male

Re: Funky darker myc? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #25082586 - 03/22/18 01:55 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Why yes, I was going to give it a day before any operations would be considered.  And yes all my grows were spawned from Brown Rice and verm. I have to use verm where I live otherwise it'll get too dry and it takes a month for a jar to finish. A lot of people told me Brown Rice would be a terrible grain choice but it's one of the cheapest and easiest grain for me to get where I live and has shown plenty of potential. (If you think the BR is interesting you would shit your pants if you knew how I doing genetic work on plates) thank you for the advise, I was thinking it is just funky myc but I'm really interested in expanding the idea of trying to save jars instead of pitching them.

--------------------

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Trusted Cultivator
    #25082600 - 03/22/18 02:02 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

It's interesting because almost nobody uses it, I've used it, and it works fine as long as you don't overcook the rice.
Also as you mentioned, it's cheap and very easy to find. :thumbup:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Funky darker myc? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #25083069 - 03/22/18 05:33 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
It's interesting because almost nobody uses it, I've used it, and it works fine as long as you don't overcook the rice.
Also as you mentioned, it's cheap and very easy to find. :thumbup:

It's too easy to overcook imo, that said I have 3 shoeboxes pinning from rice spawn. I have also been doing G2G from the other pints I produced, but considering oats are much cheaper and more forgiving, I am not bothering with rice anymore.

Quote:

RaRaRasputin said:
Why yes, I was going to give it a day before any operations would be considered.  And yes all my grows were spawned from Brown Rice and verm. I have to use verm where I live otherwise it'll get too dry and it takes a month for a jar to finish. A lot of people told me Brown Rice would be a terrible grain choice but it's one of the cheapest and easiest grain for me to get where I live and has shown plenty of potential. (If you think the BR is interesting you would shit your pants if you knew how I doing genetic work on plates) thank you for the advise, I was thinking it is just funky myc but I'm really interested in expanding the idea of trying to save jars instead of pitching them.

Your jar looks fine. I wish I had added verm to my rice jars. It took over a month to complete some of them and that didn't quite hit 100% because of the lower moisture. I used em for G2G, but my first couple I spawned. What are you doing for genetic plates?

Edited by Failboat (03/22/18 05:37 PM)

OfflineRaRaRasputin
Male

Re: Funky darker myc? [Re: Failboat]
    #25083137 - 03/22/18 06:03 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

To answer the main question, I read an old old TEK on how to make plates using BRF and verm. I adapted it because the old one had issues with moisture. I have yet to refine my TEK but it's essentially soaked Brown Rice with equal part dimly ground verm with added water and BRF to make a slurry (yet to get complete measurements). You can check my journal out for more info on it's progress.

I would like to say I would like to try other grains but where I live it is extremely difficult to find most things people would call common. Getting Brown Rice flower is a 80 mile drive for me simply because no stores where I live offer it. So the Brown Rice being cheaper than popcorn cornals makes my day. Also when I drove to Wal-Mart (120 mi drive) I spent ~$50 because they came in big bags (2 cubic feet) for like ~$17 while I'll pay $20 at the hard share store 50mi away that is a small peuny bag. So not all my grow mediums on all stages of a grow are usually not out of choice but what's avalible.

--------------------

OfflineRaRaRasputin
Male

#25087564 - 03/24/18 04:26 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

It was green...

*I did sergury on it, hopefully it recovers*

--------------------

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
    #25087655 - 03/24/18 05:07 PM (6 years, 25 days ago)

yikes. sorry

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

OfflineRaRaRasputin
Male

Re: Funky darker myc? [Re: Ziran]
    #25087726 - 03/24/18 05:48 PM (6 years, 24 days ago)

I have before and afters in my journal. That is the last one I believe

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates