Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMooseShroom
Wandering Soul

Re: Agar me hardees [Re: C.Turtle]
    #25078955 - 03/20/18 09:54 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

It's hard to tell from that photo alone. The center colony looks alright to me but I'd be worried about the one on the outside.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGnosticAstronaut
Stranger Things
 User Gallery

Re: Agar me hardees [Re: MooseShroom]
    #25079003 - 03/20/18 10:46 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

take a transfer and see what happens I've seen mycelium get fluffy like that in pastys

--------------------
"Nevertheless, I operate under the faith that there is nothing unique about me, and that anything I could experience is a generally accessible human phenomenon. I mean, I think it would be preposterous to operate under any other kind of assumption." Terence Mckenna from "The Gnostic Astronaut"

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25079122 - 03/21/18 12:35 AM (6 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

C.Turtle said:
Really? Nobody here can tell if it is mycelium or something else? If it's all white it's a-ight right?

Looks good me. Take a picture of the open plate after you transfer.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: With the man in the boat Flag
Re: Agar me hardees [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25080523 - 03/21/18 05:21 PM (6 years, 8 days ago)

Ok thanks shroomers for helping me out here;  gonna try to do some transfers from the one in the middle and see what happens.

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

Re: Agar me hardees [Re: MooseShroom]
    #25117090 - 04/05/18 09:57 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Yes the center was good but the edge part you mention ended up turning a strange pink hue and eventually spread to the entire bottom of the plate. Forgot to take a pic after transfers but I think what I cut out was clean.

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25118676 - 04/06/18 03:21 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

It has been about a week and 1/2 since doing the first transfers and it's already almost time to do some more. These are colonizing fast so I'm gonna make up some more plates tonight to do more transfers tomorrow. They started like this:

Now they look like this:

The original donor plate eventually grew some pink slime from the edge and spread to the bottom of the plate; you can see that breaking through the agar wedge on this plate which I'm tossing out along with another that looks questionable...

Here is where I fucked up last time by being impatient. I never isolated a clean culture. Gonna go slow and do a few transfers first before trying to spawn to grain.

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25136154 - 04/13/18 03:42 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Just picked up the biggest bag of oats I've ever seen. Apparently they only sell it in 50 lb bags. $13.50 plus tax. Last time around I spent double that on a puny-ass bag of "organic" rye berries that ended up getting tossed. Got literally enough grain to feed a horse now. And Oh well if I F it up again it was .27 cents a pound. Fuck rye berries....
  Have nine plates currently colonizing. These were taken from the leading edges of the best 4 plates that were transferred from the original ms swab donor plate which has since contammed spectacularly with a wierd orange mold....So that is 3x transfers done so far. The donor plates still appear visibly clean though it's only been a few days. One plate that I planned to pull cultures from but ran out of plates remains untouched and still looks clean though the myc has consumed the entire top surface of the agar....
How many transfers does it normally take to ensure you only have mycelium on the plate?

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25154020 - 04/20/18 06:50 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

All the transfers look clean. Got my grains PC-ed so time to do some tiger drops. I think I made some of my plates too thick which I don't think is much of a problem but I was thinking of slicing up the agar into pieces this time instead of dropping the whole puck as one to get more innoc points. Here's some pics of the plates...

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25160246 - 04/23/18 03:47 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Tiger drops are done but not so sure all these jars will make it. Maybe I made the agar too soft this time; some of it got smeared down the side of the jars when they were initially shaken. Also think I may have fucked up my grains; some of the oats in the bottoms of a few of the jars got burnt during the PC process. Guess I need to raise them up higher off the bottom of the PC with foil or something next time I prepare grains. The oat grains were all clumped together as a solid mass when taken out the PC but they loosened up after a good shake. Hopefully I can make some G2G transfers from these jars but this time I'm keeping a few agar plates going just in case they don't make it.

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25167726 - 04/26/18 07:46 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

More transfers just to keep the cultures i have in play. Went and dropped 2 more agar pucks onto grains so now there's a total of 9 jars colonizing. The grains seem to be going much faster than last time; not sure if that is due to the change to oat grains or newly improved sterile game. It stands to reason that last time around the jars were stalled due to contams.

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25169479 - 04/27/18 03:01 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Lets recap what we have learned thus far...
1) Sterile technique is super important; read even the teks that seem silly or kinda boring. The fundamentals are in the details and these are easy to miss when taking in all this info for the first time. Pay attention to details.
2) Keep trying. Agar work gets easier after you do it a bunch of times much like many things in life. Anyone can push a syringe into brf cakes; agar takes practice. Keep failing until you succeed.
3) Sliced up agar wedges colonize grains faster than a single solid puck due to the increased number of inoculation points.

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25178386 - 05/01/18 04:53 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Getting there....

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25191671 - 05/08/18 02:31 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Estimated these to be about 60-70% colonized so far. It has been 15 days since tiger dropping the agar into the grain. The jars that were dropped with sliced up agar initially seemed to colonized faster but the jars that were dropped with solid pucks of agar caught up with them soon after; all appear to be at about the same level of colonization. Thinking maybe another week and then spawn to coir. Still have 5 clean pasty plates and the original donor that has not contammed. The myc has reached the sides of the plate now so guess I need to do something with them soon. Hoping for enough spawn for my first tub plus a jar to do G2G transfers.

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25224458 - 05/23/18 11:59 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Do these look close to being fully colonized? I'm planning to do g2g with a couple jars and want to spawn the rest. Maybe I'm just getting antsy but I thought they would have been ready by now...

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25226604 - 05/24/18 09:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Ok so ready to spawn 7 of 9 jars to CVG and g2g the other two as planned....

Somebody stop me....

Oh well I'm gonna wait til after the weekend anyway as I got too much shit goin on with people coming over to drink all my beer and whatnot so I'd rather not explain why I have all these jars of sterilized horse feed. I think some of the grains are not fully penetrated because I burnt them in my PC

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25243306 - 06/01/18 07:26 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

7 quarts of fully colonized oats were spawned to a monotub with CVG. It was my first time spawning to coir and preparing it was a snap thanks to this thread:
Bods easy AF bucket tek
I know the spawn was clean because a clean culture was isolated on agar first before doing anything else. Plus I got a good deep whiff of each jar before dunking the grains and they all smelled just like fresh mushrooms. Realizing now that in the past I was storing my colonizing jars in the wrong place; it gets too warm

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25254993 - 06/07/18 08:55 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Had 2 fully colonized jars of oats. Tried doing g2g transfers for the first time to hopefully get another tub going soon. A few times I bumped the lips of the jars; clumsily dumping the grains instead of graceful swirling like all the g2g videos I've seen so far. A few or even all of them may contam but if they do then fuck it just 2 more tears in the bucket..,still have another fully colonized jar as yet unopened since inoculation and 5 agar plates on backup that still appear clean just in case shit starts to go south. So glad I took the time to learn about and perfect my agar tek; basically ensures success. Getting a little closer to baller status everyday...

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25263846 - 06/12/18 04:15 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Here's the sub after 11 days; thinking maybe it needs just a few more days to fill in the bare spots....

It is amazing how fast these jars are colonizing; g2g is the shit....

InvisibleC.Turtle
Duck sauce hoarder
Male User Gallery

#25268231 - 06/14/18 04:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Was stuffing the polyfill when I noticed it....

First time I've ever seen a tub pinning before putting it into fruiting conditions

:laugh:

OfflineElderlyone
That guy.
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#25268434 - 06/14/18 05:36 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like your hard work is paying off

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale