Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLurkinAbout
Stranger
Salvinorin Stability / Long-Term Storage
    #25074953 - 03/19/18 10:12 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Hey,

Anyone know what can happen to stored fortified (20x), dried salvia plant matter over long periods?

If some were stored at room temperature for 5-10 years, in a dry container and wasn't visibly contaminated and had no unusual odor, would it still be safe to use?

Are salvinorins stable?

Thanks!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvinorin Stability / Long-Term Storage [Re: LurkinAbout]
    #25075304 - 03/19/18 01:09 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

any dark container is fine.

--------------------

OfflineRoute 51
Stranger
Re: Salvinorin Stability / Long-Term Storage [Re: redgreenvines]
    #25075368 - 03/19/18 01:41 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I just keep mine inside a ziploc bag, inside a box, inside a closet.

According to all the information I can find salvinorin will last indefinitely as long as it's dry and kept away from light.

Edited by Route 51 (03/19/18 01:42 PM)

OfflineLurkinAbout
Stranger
Re: Salvinorin Stability / Long-Term Storage [Re: Route 51] * 1
    #25100230 - 03/29/18 07:44 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Ho boy. It sure still works.

I had totally forgotten what this was like.

Still coming down now.

Last time I did this was as a freshman in college... I didn't have the words to describe it back then, so the experience was so foreign that I didn't have anywhere to lodge most parts of it, therefore there were only a few bits here and there that I could remember. The memories really didn't do it justice.

The first thing that hit was that the space I was in suddenly became this interstitial zone between two infinite planes, one centred behind my eyes, and the other(s) in front of me. The planes formed out of repeating, curved subsections of pieces of the environment around me. Hamilton Morris described these as lips, which I get, but to me they seemed more like fingers or hands.

When I looked at the roof,  the interstitial space I was in became larger, and instead of me being between two parallel planes (which was the case when staring at the wall), the room just got cut through by planes which were rotated about an axis that extended from somewhere to the right of my chest and a spot somewhere near the centre of the ceiling. Hard to tell, but if felt like they intersected each other hexagonally (imagine a tall, hexagonal cake of empty space sitting on your chest that extends to the ceiling, sliced into wedges by these planes).

When I put my covers over my head the interstitial space between the parallel planes was much thinner (might have been claustrophobic if it wasn't so interesting).

Lifting the covers off and back into this hexagonally divided space, I realised just how severely I was dissociating. I began to experience my internal monologue as a conversation between myself and someone I was explaining my experience to, like a teacher or a guide (a shepherd :laugh:). Then this guide that I was narrating my experience to split and refracted along this hexagonal axis, and I realised that this must be something like what it is to have schizophrenia (except I was so dissociated that these other apparitions of myself didn't feel anything like actual other people, just fragments of myself, with "my" own consciousness firmly in the homunculus position (so nothing like how I would imagine ego dissolution).

Nothing colourful, same as I remember my previous experiences to have been. Hamilton Morris said his experience with oral salvia was very colourful, maybe that doesn't work smoked?

Weird how salvia isn't an expansive, mind-opening trip. It doesn't take you anywhere different or open up your ability to experience consciousness... It just alters the way you perceive your consciousness and your senses.

There was definitely a sense of being somewhere and a sense of a guiding presence (that I eventually realised was a refraction of myself), but these didn't feel otherworldly, they felt very much a part of this world.

Also weird that whilst I was so dissociated and tripped out, my ability to form thoughts in the English language seemed mostly unaffected. I found it easy to describe in familiar terms thoughts and experiences that were so clearly foreign.

EDIT: I'm now remembering that the thoughts I was having as I was coming up did become jumbled. They became these jumbled nonsense words that repeated like a mantra, and felt like they were from a time when I was in primary school - like perhaps I was remembering some word associations that I had from learning foreign languages as a kid. That, or memories actual words that were learned at this developmental stage recombined themselves to form nonsense words.

Salvia's an interesting one indeed...

(this was a light- to moderately- filled bowl of 9-10 year old 10x).

Edited by LurkinAbout (03/29/18 08:45 PM)

OfflineJWM
Stranger
Male
Re: Salvinorin Stability / Long-Term Storage [Re: LurkinAbout] * 1
    #25100470 - 03/29/18 08:46 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

My stash of plain dried leaf is over 10 years old. I keep it in a drawer in an airtight container with some desiccants. It's just as good as the day I got it. Stuff lasts forever. :wink:

JWM

Edited by JWM (03/29/18 08:47 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvinorin Stability / Long-Term Storage [Re: JWM]
    #25101452 - 03/30/18 08:13 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

by the way

I got a new pipe that I love
could use for weed or salvia 3x 5x 10x 20x

https://www.gpen.com/products/g-slim-herbal

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience