Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinexbloodwhipx

Handshakes * 3
    #25073837 - 03/18/18 05:50 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Ever went to shake someones hand and had them grab your fingertips and try and crush them? Like they are trying to show you they are dominant or some shit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFractalMind
Werewolf
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Handshakes [Re: xbloodwhipx] * 4
    #25073862 - 03/18/18 06:02 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Most males see a firm handshake as a sign of good character. If a business man shakes your hand and you give them a limp dead fish it will turn them off (in a business sense not a sexual one)..its a workingmans thing. People used to feel someones calluses and think "he must be a good worker, he does things himself and that why his hands are rough and firm." People with cold weak hands generally dont handle their own business.

It's almost never used to assert dominance, more of a low-key way of judging someones character.

Edited by FractalMind (03/18/18 06:06 PM)

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Handshakes [Re: FractalMind]
    #25073908 - 03/18/18 06:20 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

FractalMind said:
Most males see a firm handshake as a sign of good character. If a business man shakes your hand and you give them a limp dead fish it will turn them off (in a business sense not a sexual one)..its a workingmans thing. People used to feel someones calluses and think "he must be a good worker, he does things himself and that why his hands are rough and firm." People with cold weak hands generally dont handle their own business.

It's almost never used to assert dominance, more of a low-key way of judging someones character.

I know, Im talking about when they grab your fingertips and dont let you shake their hand. Like immediately go for your fingers instead of your palm and grab on.

OfflineUnsungHero
Endure & Persist

Loc: root@remotehost
Re: Handshakes [Re: xbloodwhipx] * 3
    #25073914 - 03/18/18 06:22 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Palm to palm clenching hard is cool. If a dude crushes my fingers I'm saying whoa hold up, Wtf bro. :astonishedmustache:

--------------------
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear."

OfflineFractalMind
Werewolf
Male

Re: Handshakes [Re: xbloodwhipx] * 1
    #25073916 - 03/18/18 06:23 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Oh I gotcha, that sounds like someone who has arthritis, they always go for the fingertips to avoid the firm handshake lol

Offlinexbloodwhipx

#25073925 - 03/18/18 06:27 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Like really shake my fucking hand not my fingers wtf.

Quote:

FractalMind said:
Oh I gotcha, that sounds like someone who has arthritis, they always go for the fingertips to avoid the firm handshake lol

Yeah but this dude who did this to me squeezed hard as shit so obviously he had some hand strength and thats cool if im able to squeeze back, which I couldnt because he had my fingers. IIt just pissed me off because I was forced to shake hands like a weenie (dead fish handshake) and the motherfucker knew he was doing it.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25073949 - 03/18/18 06:38 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

FractalMind said:

It probably is subconsciously sexual

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Handshakes [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #25073953 - 03/18/18 06:40 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

I've run into a few assholes like that. Its all they are, if you are careful with a new person you will see them trying it and you can prevent it by pulling your hand back or grabbing their hand before they can get a grip on your fingers.

There is a little trick you can do if they are obviously doing it to hurt you. With your left hand use the second nuckles to strike sharply on the back of their hand. They will let go if you do it hard enough. It hurts as much as what they are trying to do or worse.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

#25073954 - 03/18/18 06:41 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Yeah, like my palm is over here bro.

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25074181 - 03/18/18 08:28 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:
Ever went to shake someones hand and had them grab your fingertips and try and crush them? Like they are trying to show you they are dominant or some shit?

Remember this?  I don't know why, but I was reminded of this shit.

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #25074210 - 03/18/18 08:46 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:

Thats how everyone around here does handshakes. i grew up doing that.

You smack hands and grab the fingertips and move eachothers hands up and down real quick.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

Re: Handshakes [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25074252 - 03/18/18 09:14 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
There is a little trick you can do if they are obviously doing it to hurt you. With your left hand use the second nuckles to strike sharply on the back of their hand. They will let go if you do it hard enough. It hurts as much as what they are trying to do or worse.

:lol: ill have to try that one

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:

You smack hands and grab the fingertips and move eachothers hands up and down real quick.

i can't even picture that, wtf :lol: where do you live where these freakish handshakes go down?

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25074270 - 03/18/18 09:24 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Happens to me sometimes.

Sometimes guys grip my hand and squeeze so hard, it almost feels like pseudo-assualt, but not quite.

A womans handshake is sooooo different. A womans handshake is soft and gentle like a fluffy pillow. Ahhhhhhhh.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Handshakes [Re: Asclepius]
    #25074314 - 03/18/18 09:44 PM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:

Remember this?  I don't know why, but I was reminded of this shit.

Thats 100 percent accurate actually :lol:

If i run into this bastard again im going right for his fingers, show em who the fucking boss is

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

#25074562 - 03/19/18 12:24 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

I've seen guys struggle with handshake confusion in racially mixed groups . . .  I have.

The African-American guys do their fancy thing, and the whites and Chinese are standing there dumbfounded.

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

#25074593 - 03/19/18 12:37 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

maybe I'm just a natural, but I never understood how anyone can fuck up a handshake.  extend your fingers, embrace the other hand and squeeze.  not all that fucking complicated. :shrug:

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Handshakes [Re: unam sanctum]
    #25074690 - 03/19/18 02:11 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

"Look them in the eyes and give a firm confident grip"
My father...and also gave this advice for handshakes.

Id like some ladies if their watching to give an opinion on this.

I have always limp shaken womens hands as I was taught ...imagine an slightly upturned open handshake with little to no squeeze.
I was pulled up the other day by a female that said that it made me look like a pansy and that women hated that type of greeting...she wanted the firm squeeze.
which do you and your friends prefer?

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Handshakes [Re: hex_enduction] * 1
    #25074749 - 03/19/18 04:21 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

hex_enduction said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

:lol: ill have to try that one

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:

i can't even picture that, wtf :lol: where do you live where these freakish handshakes go down?

I didn't describe it well at all

It's called a dap

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlinexbloodwhipx

Re: Handshakes [Re: unam sanctum]
    #25074897 - 03/19/18 07:29 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

unam sanctum said:
maybe I'm just a natural, but I never understood how anyone can fuck up a handshake.  extend your fingers, embrace the other hand and squeeze.  not all that fucking complicated. :shrug:

Its pretty easy in the situation im talking about, they fuck it up for you. I started extending my hand at a normal speed while looking at the dudes face, and he looks down at my hand as if targeting my fingers, quickly reaches out to grab my fingers whilst im unprepared to shake because the dude literally reached all the way to my side to grab my hand. So my fingers were still all bunched together lol. This left me unable to squeeze with any power while he literally cracked my fingers. If he wasn't a relative (first time meeting him too) I probably would of fucking uppercut him with my free hand lol. Dude will get it done back to him the next time I see him, Im going straight at those fingers.

Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

Re: Handshakes [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25075005 - 03/19/18 08:46 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

ohhh okay, yeah ppl dap each other up here in fl, esp miami dudes, and i guess that's a fair enough description :lol:

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds