Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInocybe
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Spain
Outdoor greenhouse for Oysters setup advice
    #25020315 - 02/25/18 09:13 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Hello,

I'm starting to grow Pleurotus ostreatus on straw buckets inside an outdoor 3x6m greenhouse (18m2). Initially I thought using pasive humidification/FAE, but now i'm concerned about getting low humidity and poor air circulation leading to mold problems.

The greenhouse is this one:

It has 8 windows each side with fly net, so I think it could be enough for FAE. But, I also think that without exhaust or intake fan, the air circulation won't be enough. Could a bathroom exhaust fan work for this purpose?

The greenhouse is in a painted cement floor (so, no micropores where water could evaporate). I'm thinking 2 options to get proper humidity:

-Water the floor everyday with a hose for humidity...Could this work? I dislike the idea of adding gravel as it would make difficult to hose it down for cleaning...
-Make a DIY bucket fogger with pc fan to pipe it to the greenhouse. This device could be plugged in to a humidistat. In that case is necessary to install an extra fan inside the greenhouse for moving the fog being introduced?

Could you help me with this?

Thank you :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBry Bry
Mental
Male

Loc: Somewhere in time Flag
Re: Outdoor greenhouse for Oysters setup advice [Re: Inocybe]
    #25020438 - 02/25/18 10:16 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Looks similar to mine. I'll be walking that road with ya. I have a velocity fan for airflow and micro sprayers for humidity. If the sprayers don't work well I'll move to pond fogger.

Invisiblefishy1
strangest
 User Gallery

Re: Outdoor greenhouse for Oysters setup advice [Re: Bry Bry]
    #25020465 - 02/25/18 10:29 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

It can work fine. Maybe a big tarp with cement  pavers on that? It would be nice if the ground was sloped a bit.

OfflineLoupGarou
EnthoPharma
I'm a teapot

Loc: New England
Re: Outdoor greenhouse for Oysters setup advice [Re: fishy1]
    #25072663 - 03/18/18 09:26 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Hi, I am also planning on starting a small scale mushroom farm outdoors in a greenhouse. I'm still in the planning phase and trying to figure out my lab now. Also I need to choose my strains based on the progressing seasons. I'll watch your progression as you post updates and be sharing my progress and diy budget tek's as I get them in place.

--------------------
Shoot The Moon!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies