Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
Tripping after being sober for awhile/high dose trip advice. New post. * 1
    #25032672 - 03/02/18 02:42 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Alright so I have a mushroom chocolate (Containing an 8th of psilocybe azurescens) I made at the end of 2017 that I've been saving. My last few trips in 2017 gave me this feeling that I needed to take care of my habitual nature before I return to tripping. Call it a message, call it instinct call it what you will but the feeling was powerful. It made me feel like I needed to quit my nicotine addiction and stop smoking weed non-stop before I trip again or I would risk having a bad time or stop getting benefits from my trips. This feeling stuck with me and I haven't tripped since.

Now I've been in a slump lately so I'm not in a hurry to trip right away but I've been on my way back to contentment in life and have been feeling better. I recently quit nicotine and smoking weed but it's only been a little over a week so if I decide to trip again it will probably be around the one month after I quit my bad habits, but depending on what is said in this thread I may trip sooner if there are potential benefits to doing so.

I want to add what makes me feel this way is throughout the entirety of my trips I would either be smoking a cigarette or vaping nicotine or smoking weed which made me feel like I wasn't utilising my psychedelic experiences to their full potential and possibly holding myself back from going deeper.

Last thing I want to add before my questions is, when I was tripping almost every week I didn't really get nervous before I tripped because I felt like I kind of knew what to expect but now that I've been sober for a minute I'm kind of feeling nervous again. I missed feeling nervous before tripping because then when I start to feel the psychedelic kick in I get this relieving feeling when the trip actually goes pretty well, compared to when I was used to tripping and it was just I knew what to expect.

What I'm looking for in this thread is people who may have experienced something similar and how their own experience was when they decided to trip while completely sober. Was the experience more beneficial? Did it feel like you were allowed to dive deeper into your psyche? Was the overall experience positive or negative? Were the experiences any different or was there no difference at all?

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

Edited by Plain (03/17/18 02:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Plain] * 3
    #25032694 - 03/02/18 03:22 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

I've always chosen to trip "sober" your intention is the clearest and I tend to remember most of my trips, I never trip for "fun" but only take Mushrooms when I want to uncover something in my psyche or heal and aspect of my self.

No such thing as a bad trip, only experience and wisdom to be gained from such. The mushrooms will respect your intention and ability to let go and surrender to their teachings.

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #25032698 - 03/02/18 03:30 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

How do you go about tripping sober if you don't mind me asking? Do you stay sober for a certain amount of time before tripping or are you always sober?
Honestly your post is pretty much what I was hoping I would get as a response thank you.

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

Edited by Plain (03/02/18 03:31 AM)

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Plain] * 1
    #25033096 - 03/02/18 09:23 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Plain said:
How do you go about tripping sober if you don't mind me asking? Do you stay sober for a certain amount of time before tripping or are you always sober?
Honestly your post is pretty much what I was hoping I would get as a response thank you.

How? By just doing.

90% of my trips have been started from a Sober standpoint, there have been times when I mixed Cannabis with it, but I tend not to because of the brain fog and forgetfulness that can occur, loss of focus on your pure intention. Sometimes I forget pieces of my experience later or find myself just using it to get "higher"

Mushrooms to me aren't about getting high, rather a Spirit-Teacher I respect which triggers the occurrence of deep inner-healing that happens on the levels of body, mind and soul.

I've always been in deep connection with the Spirit of Mushrooms, ask, and you will receive, Listen and you will hear, Understand and you will be taught.

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #25033391 - 03/02/18 11:17 AM (6 years, 28 days ago)

I plan on taking this approach to tripping now that I'm getting sober. I always do have a foggy headed feeling while tripping and I'm sure that's because of cannabis. Honestly it feels like I've been in a haze of weed smoke for the past 8 years...

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

OfflineAstark
Stranger
Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Plain] * 2
    #25034673 - 03/02/18 08:47 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

I remember reading somewhere that recent  studies show that shrooms POSSIBLY help with overcoming addiction.  So this is pretty much in line with why you were inspired to become sober in the first place.  I wouldn't worry about "old habits" creeping up on you the next time you trip.  If anything, you'll be more inspired to stay away from those other substances, rather than the opposite, even if they did accompany you on a typical trip in the "old days".

Edited by Astark (03/02/18 09:12 PM)

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Astark] * 2
    #25035141 - 03/03/18 03:42 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Good post! Welcome to the shroomery!

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

OfflineAstark
Stranger
Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Plain]
    #25035749 - 03/03/18 10:53 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Plain said:

Thank you!!  I tried returning the favor, but apparently I don't meet the requirements yet :frown:

I used to be a pretty prolific drinker, and it was definitely affecting my life.  Shrooms helped me stop, for the most part, once and for all.  Over the years I would get more and more sober after each trip (or beat myself up more when I got drunk and abused my body like that).  Finally, after a rough night that I don't completely remember, I swore I would never get drunk again (shrooms were involved in this drunken night, too).  Shrooms have helped further reinforce that goal and keeps me in the right mindset so far, it seems.  So the research I read seems to hold true for me too.

Edit:  Oh, and I can't believe I didn't mention tobacco.  I have also quit tobacco as well, thanks to help from shrooms, though it was definitely harder than alcohol. 

Edited by Astark (03/03/18 11:14 AM)

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Astark]
    #25035819 - 03/03/18 11:27 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Astark said:
Quote:

Plain said:

Thank you!!  I tried returning the favor, but apparently I don't meet the requirements yet :frown:

I used to be a pretty prolific drinker, and it was definitely affecting my life.  Shrooms helped me stop, for the most part, once and for all.  Over the years I would get more and more sober after each trip (or beat myself up more when I got drunk and abused my body like that).  Finally, after a rough night that I don't completely remember, I swore I would never get drunk again (shrooms were involved in this drunken night, too).  Shrooms have helped further reinforce that goal and keeps me in the right mindset so far, it seems.  So the research I read seems to hold true for me too.

Edit:  Oh, and I can't believe I didn't mention tobacco.  I have also quit tobacco as well, thanks to help from shrooms, though it was definitely harder than alcohol. 

Congratulations on quitting tobacco and alcohol! I would definitely attribute shrooms to getting me off my bad habits. My experience really made me give myself a good hard look and I asked myself if smoking my life away was how I wanted to live. The experience really gave me perspective on how much life could be better getting my life on a healthy path.

Your input has made me more excited and less nervous for my next trip because I feel like it has a lot of potential to be rewarding and healing like I've read and like what you posted here. Thank you!

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Plain] * 1
    #25035831 - 03/03/18 11:33 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Tripping sober u say?

What a concept.

I prefer to trip sober. Its the best way to get the clearest trips. Like crystal clear :trippinbawelz:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineAstark
Stranger
Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #25036070 - 03/03/18 01:43 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Thanks for the kind and uplifting words!  It definitely does have a healing process.  Especially when you become aware of it, it seems to work even more wonders.  Glad I could be of inspiration to you! I wish you the best of luck, and I think you will see great success!

OfflineUniverse Unknown
Copes Enthusiast

#25036222 - 03/03/18 03:02 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

If you haven't already, I recommend reading "The easy way to stop smoking" by Allen Carr. That book was a real eye opener to me. Helped me to quit a 3 pack a day cigarette addiction.

Best of luck with breaking free from nicotine. I hope your shrooms help guide you away from them.

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: Universe Unknown]
    #25070120 - 03/17/18 01:57 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Today is the day. (Or at least I'm planning on today)

I have been preparing for this for two weeks now. I'm planning on eating the 8th in dark chocolate about 9 or 10 am so I can come down before I go to sleep.

I'm a bit nervous because these are azurescens and it's an 8th. The most I've done is an 8th-4frams of cubes or my 2 gram azurescens trip.

It's been 3 and a half months since I've tripped. I was tripping pretty often in 2017 so there was a lot less nervousness and anxiety pre-trip because I felt I knew what to expect.

To give some background I've tripped about 20-30 times on a range of doses from 1 gram to 4 grams mostly LSD and cubensis.im still nervous though...

It's been just a few months but I feel like I'm more nervous than ever. I don't/can't smoke weed which I usually do when I trip. I don't use nicotine anymore either.

I have a few things in mind for this trip as far as intentions go. I want to see what I can do about cravings, I want to also see what the mushrooms have to show me after me changing my lifestyle to a healthier lifestyle.

Back to my nerves..
So I went to bed at 10 pm and had a difficult time falling asleep but I did. I woke up 2 1/2 hours later and couldn't get back to sleep. During the time of laying in my bed I was pretty anxious about this trip. Going back and forth between feeling nervous and feeling completely ready. Now I'm up I decided to eat breakfast and it's almost 4 am.

I might try to get another nap in before I dose. I just have a difficult time falling asleep because of excitement/nerves. Also I want to add I've got a minor headache which is either from not sleeping right for those couple hours I did sleep or stress from thinking about this trip so much the past week.

These are azurescens I just want to make that clear that I've done an 8th of cubes and have only ever had a difficult trip with mushrooms once and that was because I had a bad setting and was with someone I shouldn't have tripped with.

I planned this trip to be alone. I'll have my sister and my dad in the house to call out to if I feel things are getting to overwhelming for me. They will be my trip sitters but they won't be in my room while I'm tripping since I usually prefer to trip alone.

I want to add the thought about not having this trip has come across my mind but I'm sure that is just the pre-trip anxiety talking and I'll feel that way no matter when I take this potentially deep trip. My set and setting is good I believe besides my minor headache. (Is the headache from stressing about this trip)

Also I just got out of a real bad depression a few weeks ago but for the past week I've been feeling much better. Which is why I felt now is the time to trip. No real depressed mood just contentment.

I feel today would be the best day to trip because I'll have two people in the house incase I need someone and I've been feeling better for the past week. I will also have nothing to do and no phone calls for the weekend so I don't have anything on my plate except this trip....

I guess what I'm looking for with this post is some words of comfort possibly some advice for a potentially high dose of mushrooms

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
    #25070508 - 03/17/18 09:19 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Focus on your breath or sing if things get too overwhelming, don't try to control any of it. Just roll with it, remember that none of it is foreign or alien, it's all a part of you and you of it.

Enjoy :smile:

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile. [Re: feevers]
    #25070584 - 03/17/18 09:52 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Offlinejimgerryrig
Stranger

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile/high dose trip advice. New post. [Re: Plain]
    #25070738 - 03/17/18 11:26 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

ive tripped sober while trip sitting a party one time. super telepathic spiritual vibes in sure a good time for all.

--------------------

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile/high dose trip advice. New post. [Re: jimgerryrig]
    #25071575 - 03/17/18 05:45 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

All I have got to say right now is that I am 4 hours in and, Wow!

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

Offlinejimgerryrig
Stranger

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile/high dose trip advice. New post. [Re: Plain] * 1
    #25071705 - 03/17/18 06:54 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

rock on :vibin: :hairmetal: :psychsplit:

--------------------

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile/high dose trip advice. New post. [Re: jimgerryrig] * 1
    #25074134 - 03/18/18 08:11 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

I am going to give a short update/trip report.

I just finished writing down in my journal where I write about all of my trips I've ever had. This trip was without a doubt the deepest I have ever gone.

The peak was me being completely lost in a sea of colors and patterns much like flower or rose petals that we're constantly shifting and changing or flowing everywhere. This was a comfortable experience for the most part even though the come up was filled with anxiety and the giggles. I was shocked at how fast I had come up. I fasted for 12+ hours before dosing so I believe that played a big role is how fast the come up was.

Time didn't exist in this state I was in and it felt like I was there for hours but once the peak was pretty much past me I looked at my phone to see it had only been a little over an hour and I was still peaking or at plateau. Objects in my room and the colors began to contort and mash into each other so I went back to close my eyes. In this state I was over cone by many different visions of maybe other realities (at least this is how it felt during the trip) and I could see multiple lives play out and experience them. I felt like I had died numerous times and even experienced what being dead would feel like. (I was tripping hard to say the least) I remember experiencing deep love for everyone and everything that ever will or has existed. I had to face my darker qualities and also the lighter ones.

The time distortion was so severe that at moments it felt like it had stopped or didn't exist (which it doesn't) and I could see everything that life has to offer me or could have offered me. Once I was beginning to come down I was still experiencing a wave of emotions, thoughts, and vision I had never experienced before but it was getting less intense as I slowly came back into my "self".

I laid on bed and watched that 70's show while simultaneously getting lost in thoughts and visions and as always when I watch something while tripping it felt like I could understand what I was watching on a deeper level and that the show was even speaking to me and my experience (this is a common phenomena when I trip)

After about 3-5 hours not exactly sure how long but I was able to communicate again and my dad came up stairs to see how my trip went/was going and we talked about life, tripping, and my grandpa I never met (his dad) for a little bit and how emotional tripping can make a person. It was a great talk.

At about the 6-7 hour mark I began to feel slightly hungry but was still feeling some effects like confusion and short term memory effects. I went down stairs in my buzzed/afterglow state to eat a bunch of pizza which was the greatest thing in the world at that time.

I spent the rest of the night listening to music with my dad and my sister while they drank for St Patty's day. It was a great way to end the night and the greatest most powerful trip of my life. I didn't fall asleep until about 7 am and didn't wake up until almost 6 pm today. My dream was very vivid as I recall and was full of ups and downs just like my trip was.

Very powerful experience and I don't know if I'll ever feel the need to go that deep again but only time will tell. My next trip will be on lsd and I plan that to be on bicycle day since I can not smoke for 420 this year and I actually have the opportunity to trip on bicycle day I'll be taking 250 mics.

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

OfflineUniverse Unknown
Copes Enthusiast

Re: Tripping after being sober for awhile/high dose trip advice. New post. [Re: Plain] * 1
    #25075041 - 03/19/18 09:01 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Nice trip report. Sounds like a great time :solidnod:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag