Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 662 | 663 | 664 | 665 | 666 | 667 | 668 | 669 | 670 | 671 | 672 | 673 | 674 | 675 | 676 | 677 | 678 | 679 | 680 | 681 | 682 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenolongrlurkin
pre-shamanic warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Pandemoon]
    #25067533 - 03/15/18 11:54 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

Just for kicks.

--------------------
Cannabis for the body, cubensis for the mind, cactus for the spirit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTPython
A Fraction of the Whole
Male User Gallery

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: nolongrlurkin]
    #25067767 - 03/16/18 02:27 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:

Those are some wicked spines, would be one hell of a toothpick :wowz:

Has anyone ever tried growing legumes up some of their tall trichs? I don't have any of a big enough size yet but it would be interesting to inoculate some seeds with rhizobium to get some nitrogen fixation going on in the soil and then have a trich with multiple branches acting as a natural trellis. I guess the cactus don't really need the extra N but maybe it would be useful for some depleted soil or you could just leave out the inoculant.

I can picture it now... Some sugar snap peas and rattlesnake beans reaching up for the sky, twisting around the columns with the tendrils reaching out and wrapping up the spines. Would be pretty badass if they got along and you had a bit of extra room in the pot for some more roots.

InvisibleGrey Fox

#25068827 - 03/16/18 01:45 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:

I really like the one growing out of the rectangular container leaned up against the wall. And I like that blue one too! Nice cacti!

Do you find that pachanoi or any other species does particularly well in your damp climate? Is bridgesii harder to grow there? I know someone in another part of the country with damp conditions who is having a lot of problems with rot.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Grey Fox]
    #25068903 - 03/16/18 02:31 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

If a pointy thing coming out of someplace *just* under an areole means that it's gonna pup, some crazy shit is probably going down with my grafted TBM.. maybe it's still under the influence of the bap that created this graft in the first place?

I also think I probably have a short segment TBM... I wonder what it means when it apparently "gives up" on extending segments and rather starts growing new ones.

I double checked on those areoles and I am pretty sure those are internal pups, it's slightly translucent and I can pretty much see it.

It's doing 4 at the same time.. crazy! For a little while it seemed like it wasn't doing much but then it started swelling a lot and now this..

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Solipsis]
    #25069003 - 03/16/18 03:10 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Solipsis said:
If a pointy thing coming out of someplace *just* under an areole means that it's gonna pup, some crazy shit is probably going down with my grafted TBM.. maybe it's still under the influence of the bap that created this graft in the first place?

I also think I probably have a short segment TBM... I wonder what it means when it apparently "gives up" on extending segments and rather starts growing new ones.

I double checked on those areoles and I am pretty sure those are internal pups, it's slightly translucent and I can pretty much see it.

It's doing 4 at the same time.. crazy! For a little while it seemed like it wasn't doing much but then it started swelling a lot and now this..

I want to see.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleDualWieldRake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8b
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Solipsis]
    #25069052 - 03/16/18 03:29 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Solipsis said:

From what i've read TBM pups between areoles indeed
My TBM seedling does it too, because of it's small size i guess, the whole outer layer 'sheds' with new green inside

It has done this a few times now

Edited by DualWieldRake (03/16/18 03:30 PM)

OfflineMarmie
Peter peter portion eater
I'm a teapot

Loc: Deep inside the night
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: DualWieldRake]
    #25069321 - 03/16/18 05:29 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

18 t . Peruvianus  i started last july from seed, i think im guna give em there own pots within the next month. There finaly startin to get some thickness now that the suns out ,Cant wait to see what they look like by the end of the summer

--------------------

InvisibleDualWieldRake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8b
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Marmie]
    #25069348 - 03/16/18 05:44 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Looking good :greenthumb:

They will take off in their own pots

Offlinenolongrlurkin
pre-shamanic warrior
Male User Gallery

#25069588 - 03/16/18 08:14 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
Quote:

nolongrlurkin said:

I really like the one growing out of the rectangular container leaned up against the wall. And I like that blue one too! Nice cacti!

Do you find that pachanoi or any other species does particularly well in your damp climate? Is bridgesii harder to grow there? I know someone in another part of the country with damp conditions who is having a lot of problems with rot.

Thanks guys! Scop and pach grow very well here, humidity does get my bridges sometimes but only a couple have returned what they collected to the earth. The worst problem for me is mites.. I've been using windex this season and it seems to be doing okay. I also have some kind of
Fungus or deficiency going on with a few breeds and that makes me sad. I had a macrogonus hybrid pull through but bridges struggle with that as well. Here are examples of what im talking about.

--------------------

InvisibleGrey Fox

#25069852 - 03/16/18 10:35 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I have a friend in the PNW I gave 2 pachanoi and 2 bridgesii to. The bridgesiis both died from mold but the pachs are still doing well supposedly. I'll recommend him to also try scops. Thanks NLL!

Edit:
Even here in the desert bridgesii can develop weeping black rot if overwatered.

Edited by Grey Fox (03/16/18 10:44 PM)

Offlinenolongrlurkin
pre-shamanic warrior
Male User Gallery

#25070287 - 03/17/18 07:19 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Yeah, they some fuckboys sometimes..

--------------------

OfflineSolipsis
Male User Gallery

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: ferrel_human] * 1
    #25070441 - 03/17/18 08:37 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:

I want to see.

Sure, at least 3 of these pointy initials can be see in this pic.. :smile: But actually two more areoles here show signs of early protrusion which I did not even count: the lower ones in the other ridge third in the pic.

I checked some current pups on the mother and I do see that exact pointiness on some areoles on the pups... One of the reasons I'd like to know is that I'd like to know if I need to get even more rootstocks prepared. Or actually, maybe I should just leave them be if this plant is gonna be nuts.

Nice healthy peruvs I think Marmie!! well done

Edited by Solipsis (03/17/18 08:45 AM)

InvisibleEl Torcho
Time for tea?
I'm a teapot

Loc: Lone Pine Hill
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Solipsis] * 1
    #25070455 - 03/17/18 08:49 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Those aren't pups. They are miniature 'leaves' that sometimes show up.

--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: El Torcho]
    #25070467 - 03/17/18 08:56 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Any idea what causes that to happen then, possibly stress or not enough light?

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

OfflineSolipsis
Male User Gallery

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #25070470 - 03/17/18 08:57 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Wow thanks for that info but wtf, I never heard of that. I wonder the same: it's not a bad sign is it?

I guess the timing was a bit too perfect.

Edited by Solipsis (03/17/18 09:02 AM)

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #25070498 - 03/17/18 09:11 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Hey so my $9 shipped, 6 inch pachanoi cutting showed up yesterday. I have never messed around with rooting a cactus piece. I don't know what proper callusing would look like. I know I have read you can get them to start rooting simply by standing up in a pot with no soil, is this right? I have grown a lot of stuff but don't want to kill this, will someone point me in the right direction regarding the callus, rooting of this. Maybe someone has a pic of a proper callused cutting ready to plant.

My son fucked up my camera playing with it, and now it has focusing issues sometimes. If these pics are not good enough, let me know and I will toy around with the camera to try for better pics.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Solipsis] * 3
    #25070515 - 03/17/18 09:23 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Solipsis said:

Sure, at least 3 of these pointy initials can be see in this pic.. :smile: But actually two more areoles here show signs of early protrusion which I did not even count: the lower ones in the other ridge third in the pic.

I checked some current pups on the mother and I do see that exact pointiness on some areoles on the pups... One of the reasons I'd like to know is that I'd like to know if I need to get even more rootstocks prepared. Or actually, maybe I should just leave them be if this plant is gonna be nuts.

Those are called vestigial leaves, basically remnants of ancient genes from before cacti evolved away from foliage have expressed themselves on that beast :thumbup:
I think it looks super cool, would be a good trait to breed for see how far it can be taken.

--------------------
Trade List

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: MeanGreen] * 2
    #25070794 - 03/17/18 11:55 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Seed grown nitrogen crosses growing nicely. No BAP. Just organic soil mixture.

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: pinedownpioneer]
    #25071257 - 03/17/18 03:27 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

pinedownpioneer said:
Seed grown nitrogen crosses growing nicely. No BAP. Just organic soil mixture.

Is that a baby elm in the pot?

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: ferrel_human]
    #25071355 - 03/17/18 04:01 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

You have a great eye for plants my friend. I have a bunch of cedar elm trees and babies are sprouting up everywhere. Very viable seeds it appears. I guess when they set seed again I'll collect some if anyone wants any. They are nice trees.

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 662 | 663 | 664 | 665 | 666 | 667 | 668 | 669 | 670 | 671 | 672 | 673 | 674 | 675 | 676 | 677 | 678 | 679 | 680 | 681 | 682 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck