Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLightningT
Psychonaut
Male

Has Donald Trump been good or bad so far for you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020?
    #25068863 - 03/16/18 02:08 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I don't live in the US but I'm curious about what Trump has been doing because I see a lot of negative comments about him yet there is some people who support him but I'm not sure if those are the kind of people who will never change their bias no matter what. For example I remember seeing multiple stuff on r/The_Donald how 1 week they would have one opinion and then 1 week later their positions would completely change just because it goes against Trump. I remember seeing a post about Elon Musk saying some positive things about Donald Trump and the comments were just going on about how Donald Trump and Elon Musk are gods. A couple of months later Elon Musk said something against Trump and every Trump supporter kept hating him saying shit like they hope Tesla fails and that SpaceX is a fraud even though before they were worshiping him over the fact he praised Trump.

Anyways try to be honest and truthful about this. Look at both sides and see through your own bias first. What do you think of Trump so far? Let's keep it civil.

Edited by LightningT (03/16/18 02:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: LightningT] * 6
    #25068865 - 03/16/18 02:10 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I can’t think about politics or talk about it anymore.

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineHellogoodbyedeath
Loc: Flag
Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: Citizen X]
    #25068872 - 03/16/18 02:15 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Pretty bad (to an extent), yeah.
I fucking hope not.

Also,

Quote:

Citizen X said:

Edited by Hellogoodbyedeath (03/16/18 02:15 PM)

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Has Donald Trump been good or bad so far for you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? (moved) [Re: LightningT]
    #25068877 - 03/16/18 02:17 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

This thread was moved from The Pub.

Reason:
Political discussions belong here.

OfflineLightningT
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #25068878 - 03/16/18 02:17 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Cojo said:
Pretty bad (to an extent), yeah.
I fucking hope not.

Also,

Quote:

Citizen X said:

Would you care to explain why? Positives and Negatives. I don't have a clue about the tax cuts which I hear a lot about but do you see that as a positive on you?

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #25068901 - 03/16/18 02:30 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

As much the media has trashed him and yea basically everyone understands the political atmosphere atm I'd say it hasn't been a complete disaster. His administration got rid of the Obamacare mandate, almost got a DACA deal done, lowered taxes, his strong platform against North Korea has been good (evidenced by the reports that the North Korean dictator wants to talk), continues to lower black unemployment and unemployment across the board, and looks committed to making America great again.

If the economy stays strong and job creation keeps steady I don't see why he doesn't get reelected in 2020. The biggest factor to his reelection falls on the Democrats providing a strong candidate and actually showing they care about the working class Americans. Based on what I saw from Obama I don't have any faith in the Democrats to do so.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: LRG] * 1
    #25068981 - 03/16/18 03:00 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

No, I don't believe Trump did get ride of the Obama care mandate at all or even lessened anything other than it's value.

I'm concerned I'm going to be homeless because of the GOP's affecting disabled people.  They think we are mooching because our family is not currently paying heavily as they did in the past.

They forget that ssd is an insurance for future causes.  But all they care about is the greed they possess NOW

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: Morel Guy] * 2
    #25069033 - 03/16/18 03:23 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Trump has been good to me personally.

I am in the top 15% of Americans by income, and I had some investments during the stock market bull rush. That is the only reason Trump has been good to me. I'm just close enough to the 1% to get a little bit of the spoils.

I don't like Trump, because unlike most Trump beneficiaries, I'm not old. When the bill for today's good times comes in, I'm (almost certainly) still going to be alive, instead of pushing up daisies like Trump and his cabinet.

This, combined with the fact that I'm not in the 1%, likely means I'll end up eating most of the bill by virtue of being wealthy enough to have some money to spend, but not wealthy enough to get a high priced lawyer and make the middle class pay for it.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: Kryptos]
    #25069039 - 03/16/18 03:24 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Trump has made the stock market bi-polar.  With each damn thing he decides people either feel very hopeful or absolute despair.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #25069049 - 03/16/18 03:28 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Trump is the greatest US President in US history, the rest of the world is jealous for obvious reasons. 

Trump wins again in 2020!!!!    :awedance:

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: qman]
    #25069058 - 03/16/18 03:32 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Oh, forgot to add, Trump will likely win in 2020 because thats how US politics works.

Unless he starts a nuclear war or the TrumpSlump begins before 2020.

OfflineChaz08
Strang
Male

Re: Is Donald Trump good or bad so far to you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: qman]
    #25069076 - 03/16/18 03:36 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

So far my life has not changed for the good or bad because of him. My insurance changed for the worse under Obama. I can now not afford to use it most of the time.

Trump getting reelected? I have my doubts but, for me, there needs to be a more middle of the road candidate before I can get behind anyone. If the alternatives are as bad as Clinton then I could see it happening.

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
    #25069187 - 03/16/18 04:32 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Trump is the greatest US President in US history, the rest of the world is jealous for obvious reasons. 

Trump wins again in 2020!!!!    :awedance:

Trump train 2020, MAGA!!

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Has Donald Trump been good or bad so far for you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: LightningT] * 2
    #25069223 - 03/16/18 04:46 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

the 'greatest tax cuts in the history of tax cuts' only helps the top 1-2% in the long run; that's bad and not what he campaigned about (helping the working stiff)

enabling an atmosphere wherein regulations like Dodd-Frank can be repealed is horrendous for everyone except, you guessed it, the top 1% (and only then if they're the smartest and most savvy of the top 1%).  it wasn't a complete rollback of those regs and not something donnie directly did, but he has created this 'regulations.  bad.  ug.  me republican' atmosphere while regs like Dodd-Frank needed to be expanded, not have their teeth pulled.

selling off the mineral rights of parts of national parks and doing things such as making it easier for oil companies to drill in Nat. parks is unnecessary and fucking dumb in the long run.  like certain consumer protection regulations, we need to expand national parks and strengthen the protection thereof, not enable their raping.

the stock market was already on a historic bull run; he didn't kill it but that bubble will burst eventually no matter who is in the whitehouse.

we already had a historic positive run on employment and that has continued...again, bubbles.  bursting.  bad things, man, bad things.

ETA:  one could go on and on about these types of things, but that would be beating a dead donnie.

he won the presidency because he was able to dupe enough working stiffs in certain rust belt states to vote for him, much like many other politicians who duped ignorant parts of the electorate before him.  a historically untrustworthy D candidate who ignored five key states until it was too late did nothing to help defeat him, either. 

we'll likely see an ass raping of the R's during midterms, gerrymandered districts notwithstanding, as that is the norm during presidents' first terms.  unless some as yet unforeseen major sideshow crops up before the next election, how the D's parlay any midterm success, along with running a more viable candidate and what they should have learned last cycle, will determine (mostly) if he is elected again.  at this time, i'd give him about a 20% chance of running again+winning reelection.  if you eliminate the running again part and just look at winning, i like a number around 33% chance of winning if running is a given.  i think the odds last week at some international bookmakers were something like 11/10 as to whether he would finish his first term, much less run again.  there is an obvious reason bookmakers make money and stay in business; they win more than they lose, but also people make some really stupid bets.  bannon gives him a 33% chance of finishing his first term and as much of a snake as he is, he's pretty savvy, politically speaking. ETA: that figure was probably a lot of typical bannon hyperbole and bannon being bannon, though. 

i believe he'll finish his first term unlike many who think he'll be out of office as soon as the end of this year.  i think that is a little silly, no matter how much i'd like it...it would make great political theater if nothing else.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Has Donald Trump been good or bad so far for you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: LightningT] * 1
    #25069237 - 03/16/18 04:52 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Fox News just reported that their poll shows 36% would vote for Trump in 2020.

The tax cuts were rather popular, but combined with his budget, this is going to be the biggest one year deficit in history. The recent U.S. House special election in Pennsylvania, won by a Democrat in a heavily Red district, has Republicans concerned that negative perceptions about Trump may be overshadowing the boost he got from the tax cut. We will see how this plays out in the midterm elections.

The situation with the tariffs remains to be seen. Russia has already said they will retaliate, and I think it is very likely that China will as well. As I said previously, if this type of action is practical, we would have done it a long time ago (but I am not well versed on this subject.

The wall is going to be expensive and the taxpayers are not going to be happy about paying for it. There is no reason to think it will be effective, and will serve as nothing more than a monument to Trump's ego. As Enlil has said repeatedly, most do not enter illegally. They come here with legal work visas and then overstay them. This would be the area to address, and also the employers who hire them, which several of us have discussed recently. I am not not against these immigrants, but those who are should focus on those two issues more than border crossing. On the drug importation issue, The U.S. Coast Guard has stated that 95% percent of illegal drugs entering the U. S. are coming in freighter ships.

Deregulation is very popular with business's. In the long run it will have good and bad effects.

Currently, the stock market gains during the Trump administration are lower than Obama's annualized 8 year returns.

If Trump can get a deal done with North Korea it will be a major coup for him. However, some conservatives are already worried that we will pay too much to get N. Korea to disarm their nukes. Basically, we would have to build them up to the prosperity level of South Korea.

I don't think Trump will be reelected in 2020, if the Dems nominate anybody who isn't repulsive to the independent voters. Trump has at no point generated a decent approval rating. I think it is also likely that Trump will face a major challenge in the Republican primary, because many in the party fear he is ruining the GOP brand for the long term. He will be in real trouble from his own party if the midterms go badly for them.

But I have been wrong before, particularly in the last election and the two W. Bush elections.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleBuffy
The Slayer
Female

Re: Has Donald Trump been good or bad so far for you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #25069926 - 03/16/18 11:13 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Donald Trump has been an absolute disaster in every aspect of government law and policy. This is a guy that in the 21st century has brought the KKK and white nationalists to the forefront of political thought among conservatives in America.

Everything he touches turns to absolute shit. He is easily the worst president in my lifetime, and will obviously prove to be considered a top 3 or 5 worst of all time president in our history.

This is the darkest time in America since world war II.

Edited by Buffy (03/16/18 11:13 PM)

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Has Donald Trump been good or bad so far for you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: Buffy] * 1
    #25069952 - 03/16/18 11:50 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Swallowing Trump's load is now deductible.

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Has Donald Trump been good or bad so far for you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: LightningT] * 1
    #25069989 - 03/17/18 12:07 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

As long as he supports the death penalty for drug dealers I will fight him tooth and nail.

Will be be reelected? Probably. It's notoriously difficult to defeat an incumbent.

Keep in mind, he considers every single one of you drug dealers and would be perfectly happy if the DEA busted in your doors and killed you tomorrow. Until that changes, fuck Trump, and fuck all his supporters.

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: Has Donald Trump been good or bad so far for you and why? Will he get re-elected in 2020? [Re: Buffy]
    #25070138 - 03/17/18 02:34 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Buffy said:
Donald Trump has been an absolute disaster in every aspect of government law and policy. This is a guy that in the 21st century has brought the KKK and white nationalists to the forefront of political thought among conservatives in America.

Everything he touches turns to absolute shit. He is easily the worst president in my lifetime, and will obviously prove to be considered a top 3 or 5 worst of all time president in our history.

This is the darkest time in America since world war II.

Yea, hes basically the anti christ

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #25070184 - 03/17/18 04:42 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

He's been an awesome President.

I love the removal of the individual mandate.

MAGA

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder