Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
How can we grow our community? * 1
    #25068352 - 03/16/18 10:19 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

It feels like we've lost so many over the years, and this question has come to my mind with increasing frequency.

So, brainstorming session; how could we go about getting more cool people to come and join our community?

Best answer wins a prize.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25068385 - 03/16/18 10:38 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Make babies. Lots of babies.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25068399 - 03/16/18 10:42 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

What kind of prize?

:awebig:

I like the babies one: Make more shroomery babies!

Jokeshop, do u think we are a "dying breed"?

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | πŸ’§ Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method πŸ’§ | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25068407 - 03/16/18 10:44 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Jokeshop, do u think we are a "dying breed"?

It worries me a little that we are, yes.

Although I'm probably just getting old and cynical.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25068412 - 03/16/18 10:46 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I kinda get that feeling too.

Seems like theres less and less originals around and not too many newbies. Like the ratio is tipping. Maybe its just me.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 6
    #25068417 - 03/16/18 10:49 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Well, talking about it in public would not work. The premise of this website doesn't fit in with most of society.

A free 3 month supporter account would cost virtually nothing and it might get people to come in. Then you can advertize on the sponsors website then again, most people come here before they go to the sponsors website.

A great move would be to get Joe Rogan to actively promote it on his podcast. Shit, Ythan could probably be a guest on his podcast if we push hard enough.

But realistically, we should advertize on site like erowid and other drug related websites. Promote the shroomery as an educational website rather than an illicit drug promotion website. Ythan should rethink the business model of the website entirely. The focus should but put toward production of edibles and education of mycology altogether. Magic mushrooms should be a part of the website you need to dig a little to find, but still keep all the info. Just make it less obvious. That way non-drug users would read up on legal stuff and the more curious ones would end up looking for active mushrooms.

As for the message board, we need less polarizing mods. The mods should not be above the law so to speak. Without naming names, some mods break the rules and personally insults members. Not cool.

This website should FINALLY get a an app for the phones and tablets. Its 2018. It"s time... We need to get up to speed...

Supporter accounts should get actual perks. Perhaps discounts on certain sponsor websites. I'm a 10 year member and I never purchased a supporter account because I never felt I needed. I've won some. Some people bought it for me. Hell I just might win another with the post.

Of course you can always pay google to be the first search result when someone googles mushrooms. That must be costly though because I'm sure the word mushroom is searched more often than one might think.

As for the messsage board. Page one should belong enough to bring page 2 on page one. Right now it's what, 20 threads per page? Make it 50. We have the internet power to load that and thread wouldn't die as fast.

Also, one thing that has always bugged me  and that I can't really find a solution to is that the pub is jammed packed with people and all the other subsection have only a few users looking. That forces people to flood the pub in order to get immediate responses. People work on dopamine and seeing your posts being +1 and answered makes this site addictive as fuck. Also, We should be able to see who +1s other people's comments.

The ratings should mean something. If somebody constantly keeps up a 5 star rating, he should be rewarded with something in order to remain a 5 star member. Rewards for good bahavior will push out the trolls and keep positive members active.

In order to finance itself, theshroomery market place could be like a cheap kijiji. Pay a small fee and advertize anything. For the serious members who have developed trust with other members of this site, I'm sure some people would be willing to sell stuff. One man's trash in another's treasure.

Again, I'm going to push the mycology education again. Trusted grower's ccould be asked to write down knowledge about edible, how to grow them, and how mycology works. That should become the main focus of this site and we could become the top 5 authority about mycology on the Internet. We have insanely skill cultivators that are dedicated to this website.

The interface should be more user friendly. Instead of having 3 links to something, combine them all into one link with more info on it. The users we will get won't mind reading because they would come here ready to to educate themselves.

We need to get on the positive side of the general population. Drugs are fun, but they only attract drug users. Most people associate drug use as a loser thing. It sucks but its reality.

A full overhaul would be needed. A lot of work has to be done, but this website has great potential.

Perhaps we could become a spore syringe selling website instead of relying on sponsors. Cut the middle man you know? Not sure how we would go about this one though. We'd need a lab and shit lol.

Anyways.........

Did I win?

EDIT #1:

Money. We need it. With money we can pay for cool shit. Ythan is great and all and I don't want to shit on him, but this place needs a business part to to it. A CEO to think up ways to monitize this operation. Shit I'll do it until we can find a better guy or keep me, whatever.

People LOVE charity. Charities LOVE to promote themselves. Perhaps we should collectively, via poll in the pub decide on a cause to support and then appraoch that charity (as an overhauled legal mycology website of course because they won't want to be associated to drugs). That would be awesome for members to get an actual executive power on this website instead of just being a powerless member. A playoff style thing could be created in order to pick a cause dear to the majority.

In fact let's push it further. In order to create more togetherness, important website decisions could be regularly voted on by active members with a 4+ star rating. Again, rewarding good users and giving them a sense of decision making.

I think you guys can see that I've been dying to give feedback for a loooooog ass time now.

EDIT#2:

I'm going to preemtively be negative about this it it would have to change. I'm almost certain that 99% of what I wrote down here will die with this thread and nothing will change. That mentality has to change. You can't change if suggestions are ignored.

--------------------

Edited by Patlal (03/16/18 11:12 AM)

OfflineADCC420
Male

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Patlal]
    #25068421 - 03/16/18 10:51 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Well, talking about it in public would not work. The premise of this website doesn't fit in with most of society.

A free 3 month supporter account would cost virtually nothing and it might get people to come in. Then you can advertize on the sponsors website then again, most people come here before they go to the sponsors website.

A great move would be to get Joe Rogan to actively promote it on his podcast. Shit, Ythan could probably be a guest on his podcast if we push hard enough.

But realistically, we should advertize on site like erowid and other drug related websites. Promote the shroomery as an educational website rather than an illicit drug promotion website. Ythan should rethink the business model of the website entirely. The focus should but put toward production of edibles and education of mycology altogether. Magic mushrooms should be a part of the website you need to dig a little to find, but still keep all the info. Just make it less obvious. That way non-drug users would read up on legal stuff and the more curious ones would end up looking for active mushrooms.

As for the message board, we need less polarizing mods. The mods should not be above the law so to speak. Without naming names, some mods break the rules and personally insults members. Not cool.

This website should FINALLY get a an app for the phones and tablets. Its 2018. It"s time... We need to get up to speed...

Supporter accounts should get actual perks. Perhaps discounts on certain sponsor websites. I'm a 10 year member and I never purchased a supporter account because I never felt I needed. I've won some. Some people bought it for me. Hell I just might win another with the post.

Of course you can always pay google to be the first search result when someone googles mushrooms. That must be costly though because I'm sure the word mushroom is searched more often than one might think.

As for the messsage board. Page one should belong enough to bring page 2 on page one. Right now it's what, 20 threads per page? Make it 50. We have the internet power to load that and thread wouldn't die as fast.

Also, one thing that has always bugged me  and that I can't really find a solution to is that the pub is jammed packed with people and all the other subsection have only a few users looking. That forces people to flood the pub in order to get immediate responses. People work on dopamine and seeing your posts being +1 and answered makes this site addictive as fuck. Also, We should be able to see who +1s other people's comments.

The ratings should mean something. If somebody constantly keeps up a 5 star rating, he should be rewarded with something in order to remain a 5 star member. Rewards for good bahavior will push out the trolls and keep positive members active.

In order to finance itself, theshroomery market place could be like a cheap kijiji. Pay a small fee and advertize anything. For the serious members who have developed trust with other members of this site, I'm sure some people would be willing to sell stuff. One man's trash in another's treasure.

Again, I'm going to push the mycology education again. Trusted grower's ccould be asked to write down knowledge about edible, how to grow them, and how mycology works. That should become the main focus of this site and we could become the top 5 authority about mycology on the Internet. We have insanely skill cultivators that are dedicated to this website.

The interface should be more user friendly. Instead of having 3 links to something, combine them all into one link with more info on it. The users we will get won't mind reading because they would come here ready to to educate themselves.

We need to get on the positive side of the general population. Drugs are fun, but they only attract drug users. Most people associate drug use as a loser thing. It sucks but its reality.

A full overhaul would be needed. A lot of work has to be done, but this website has great potential.

Perhaps we could become a spore syringe selling website instead of relying on sponsors. Cut the middle man you know? Not sure how we would go about this one though. We'd need a lab and shit lol.

Anyways.........

Did I win?

I think you just did.

:raisemyglass:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: ADCC420] * 4
    #25068428 - 03/16/18 10:57 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

My little brother turns 18 in a couple weeks, I think I may guide him this way :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Offlinehudb
mind pilot
Male

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: ADCC420]
    #25068441 - 03/16/18 11:03 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

This site format is older than some of its users.  I'm sure younger people have never used a site like this.  It needs to be tablet / portable friendly.

Invisibleazzbo

Loc: Flag
    #25068456 - 03/16/18 11:09 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I like the babies idea. I can do the honours of inseminating our female members since my spunk is hella shroomy

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: azzbo] * 6
    #25068460 - 03/16/18 11:10 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Shroomery babies grow on agar, you anus.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleEternal Quest
Heyoka
 User Gallery

Loc: My head Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #25068461 - 03/16/18 11:11 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
My little brother turns 18 in a couple weeks, I think I may guide him this way :shroomeryhead:

I think this is really the best way.
To 'vet' people from real life and introduce them to the Shroomery.

--------------------
"Be kind whenever possible.
It is always possible."

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Eternal Quest] * 1
    #25068473 - 03/16/18 11:13 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Give out recruitment bonuses.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Eternal Quest]
    #25068474 - 03/16/18 11:14 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

*I edited my long post to add extra info, should you be interested*

--------------------

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Patlal] * 4
    #25068476 - 03/16/18 11:15 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

no

--------------------

InvisibleEternal Quest
Heyoka
 User Gallery

Loc: My head Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #25068487 - 03/16/18 11:16 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:
Give out recruitment bonuses.

And this. Yes. :lol:

--------------------
"Be kind whenever possible.
It is always possible."

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Eternal Quest] * 1
    #25068498 - 03/16/18 11:19 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Forums are a dying medium of communication; the newer generation is more interested in video communication. That's all there is to it. Might not be a terrible thing.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Eternal Quest]
    #25068534 - 03/16/18 11:29 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

If he joins he gets a free joint (as i just found out he recently started smoking on his own):awehigh:

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #25068551 - 03/16/18 11:38 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Grow shrooms and sell them to random people from the streets. That's what I did. LoL

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #25068563 - 03/16/18 11:42 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

There is too much competition from reddit, fb, and other groups. I agree advertising is the way to go. Put out ads saying learn to grow... something. Or just say its an alternative site. You have to advertise now days to stay afloat.

--------------------
β€œA democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Stonehenge] * 16
    #25068571 - 03/16/18 11:45 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

That and stop perma-banning our most popular members. :cookiemonster:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: mycosis]
    #25068575 - 03/16/18 11:48 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Well it border lines religion at it's core.  I don't think reckless drug use is religious.  But it's hard to take the recklessness from the flesh.  Age does help that!

Leadership would help or destine to failure.  I see things more as a religion and spiritual medicine.  So it crosses lot's of cultural boundaries.

Laws and such!

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25068598 - 03/16/18 11:54 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I think since the site deals with an illegal activity, the community will always be small since not many people are into psychs and shrooms.

Other places like reddit and FB are popular cause they apply to the Masses.

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#25068708 - 03/16/18 12:45 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

...and the thread died as expected...

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #25068744 - 03/16/18 12:58 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Give it a chance Pat, unbunch those panties and let's see where she goes.

You're frontrunner for the prize so you can surely take some consolation from that fact?

It was a great response.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Patlal] * 3
    #25068748 - 03/16/18 12:59 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25068769 - 03/16/18 01:11 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Does the Shroomery have any videos posted up on YouTube?  I am inclined to agree with what a couple other people suggested regarding social media: it is what attracts the younger generation.  Maybe several Shroomery representatives could post some cool mushroom growing instructional videos on YouTube, open up Facebook and Twitter accounts, and develop and add a more interactive (yes, I intended for that to have an ambiguous meaning) section to the site for younger people. 

Maybe even start a contest where there are free Shroomery T-shirt/memorabilia giveaways?  :shrug:

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 7
    #25068771 - 03/16/18 01:12 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I do agree with what some have said. A lot of us grew up with message boards being pretty normal online so it was natural for us to get comfortable here and as years have gone by, we get older. Most of the old regulars have "normal" lives, careers, have gotten married, have kids now, etc. When life drums on, it's harder and harder to make time for sites like this. It's easy to keep in contact off of the boards with connections already made but to spend time posting on a message board with all of those responsibilities, it's tough.

I know that when I was engaged and raising his kids, I spent far less time here because I just had far less time. I would pop in once in awhile because I will always have a bond with this place and the people here but it was just harder to find the time back then.

We're just old now. The younger generation has to really have a passion for this life and also the specific interest to stay on a message board to discuss things with other like minded people. Reddit has subreddits that cater to this subculture, people stay stuck on social media, there are just other venues that the younger generation gravitate towards. Leaving us old fucks to be nostalgic about the noises dial up made back when we discovered our first message board.

People will always be here, it's lasted this long. Old timers will always resurface. New people will always join. I don't think the Shroomery will ever really die out. I hope it won't, anyway. I think the only positive way to get more people here is through word of mouth rather than some sort of crazy internet promotion because otherwise it'll just wind up with a flood of more nonsense instead of a group of people with some sort of common bond.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

Invisiblekeyohnah
Female

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: keyohnah] * 7
    #25068773 - 03/16/18 01:13 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Or agar plate Shroomery babies for the long game approach. Whichever works.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: keyohnah]
    #25068782 - 03/16/18 01:18 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

The Shroomery could always sponsor Willy Myco for a free shout-out on YouTube. 

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: keyohnah] * 2
    #25068785 - 03/16/18 01:21 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

"I think the only positive way to get more people here is through word of mouth rather than some sort of crazy internet promotion because otherwise it'll just wind up with a flood of more nonsense instead of a group of people with some sort of common bond."

Word of mouth seldom works when suggesting websites, in my personal experience.  Social media promotion is the way of the future.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Asclepius] * 2
    #25068788 - 03/16/18 01:22 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Yes. This website desperately need to rethink its business model. Way over due. It's exact same website than 10 years ago minus a few glitchs and a few adjustments.

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25068800 - 03/16/18 01:29 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

The Shroomery could always start their own YouTube channel.  People like Psyched Substance and Willy Myco are fairly popular, as well as a handful of other psychonauts.  They could even setup the channel to where several Shroomery members contribute unique content, each having their own personalities.  In the description box of the channel they could include links to the Shroomery, the Shroomery Facebook and Twitter pages, and could also have free prize giveaways.  Maybe they could even team up with some well-known YouTube psychonauts for a promotional.

--------------------

Invisiblekeyohnah
Female

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Asclepius] * 3
    #25068805 - 03/16/18 01:31 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I'm here because I met someone a long time ago who was a member here. They knew how much mycology interested me so they mentioned this site. I've seen a lot of people join because of word of mouth or because they had an interest so they sought it out through a search.

Maybe I'm old and stuck in my ways but I like the fact that this place has been relatively untouched. This place was always about access to information, meeting really good people, forming bonds on and off the internet. Why does it have to be more in design? Shouldn't we focus more on the content? Because I know the content used to be what mattered the most.

I signed up because of an interest in mycology. I stayed because of threads that interested me, genuine people who had things to say and who gave a shit about more than 'how's the weather?' or stupid memes. Yes, random nonsense and bullshit conversation had and has it's place as well, I'm not denying that. But it's content and it's the people that have always driven this site, in my opinion. Not design or mass promotion.

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#25068810 - 03/16/18 01:35 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I understand what you are saying.  The Shroomery has a more authentic feel to it because most members treat this place as a community.  I hear you on that!  But the Shroomery will not grow substantially unless it uses social media as a platform for growth.  I guess it all boils down to cost vs reward.

--------------------

Edited by Asclepius (03/16/18 01:35 PM)

OfflineSkellies

Loc: The Dream
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: keyohnah] * 1
    #25068821 - 03/16/18 01:42 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I think the site will always have new members as long as psychedelics exist. I stumbled upon it a few years ago while looking into info about growing. Social media such as facebook can't compare because, usually, people don't want to have their identities associated with drugs. It would be a good place to pull new members from though.

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Skellies] * 2
    #25068847 - 03/16/18 01:55 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

There’s a lot of people who dig what this site is about. If you’re a free spirit you dig what this site is about.

--------------------

Rate me here

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 6
    #25068866 - 03/16/18 02:10 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Back when I had an abundance of free mushrooms I sometimes gave a Shroomery business card
to people I met who showed an interest in mycology.

A few actually signed up.

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said: I'm probably just getting old and cynical.

That's pretty funny coming from a millennial.:tongue2:

I've learned to truly embrace my cynicism and other 'grump old man'isms.

:carl:  . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: vinsue] * 1
    #25068888 - 03/16/18 02:23 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Thinking of getting my lover to come and join

He's only had a smartphone for a few year's

I try inviting cool people I meethere

We do need more new OGs to cum here

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

OfflineMushMaggot
Fibonacci'r
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: SunnyD] * 3
    #25068919 - 03/16/18 02:36 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Raise a bit of cash

Invest hard

Build a shoomery space station

Grow all the drugs, party in the low earth orbit

every body will be so jealous

imagine acid while no gravity with a view of space like no other! 

Og  members allowed

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: MushMaggot] * 6
    #25068942 - 03/16/18 02:48 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

SHROOMERY MUSIC FESTIVAL!

Lots of music, stages, art, lectures on shrooms, chat groups, the works!

Oh yeah :awehigh:

OfflineADCC420
Male

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25068952 - 03/16/18 02:52 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

That would be amazing.

:peace:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#25069073 - 03/16/18 03:35 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Whatabout logos? If we all rock the logo eventually people will start to ask, and depending on their character, we could tell them.

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #25069394 - 03/16/18 06:01 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

So OP, you're a mod, I guess you have closer connections to people who make decisions here than me. We're my recommendation taken seriously? Or at all?

--------------------

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

#25069401 - 03/16/18 06:04 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

ADCC420 said:
Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

That would be amazing.

:peace:

:awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3: :awedance::snowman: :dancer:  :rockon:  :omgawesome:  :shuffle:  :hamsterdance:  :inlove3:

--------------------
:awedance:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#25069452 - 03/16/18 06:47 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

@pat, it would have been taken seriously but, you know. They may be forced to go that way since it makes a lot of sense. It takes a multi pronged approach, one single thing will not do the whole job. Advertising is essential, also videos will help, and contests. Offer a free bag of substrate plus petrie dishes, and a few odds and ends for entering the contest. The prize could be bigger and have an essay contest tell us in 50 words or less why the shroomery is a great place. This makes them check it out to see what it is and some will join.

Do posts about health benefits of  certain mushies on other sites, don't talk about the trippy ones obviously. Include a link to here and get the health nuts on board. Talk about nutrition values too. Talk about growing gourmet shrooms. We need to hire some ai bots to spam the net, lol.

--------------------
β€œA democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Loc: CA Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: crackbaby] * 4
    #25069456 - 03/16/18 06:50 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Do we want the amount of people that advertising might bring? And the type of people. I know the site would benefit financially from it. Personally I like the smaller sized community. There is a shared interest that everybody has, but we are still a pretty diverse bunch of people. Imagine if there 10 times as many people posting in the Pub. Would that be better? I don't know.

A good way to get new recruits would be to have a Shroomery camp or shop at festivals and concerts. Host mushroom hunting expeditions or classes. Make cool T-shirts and sell them cheaply. Start a Shroomery Cartel

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #25069464 - 03/16/18 06:59 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
Start a Shroomery Cartel

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#25069470 - 03/16/18 07:02 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

Man, that would be fun. :heartpump:

--------------------

:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

InvisibleLarabar
Crack Addicted Whorsicle
Female User Gallery

Loc: Koryo Kingdom
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Asclepius] * 1
    #25069516 - 03/16/18 07:33 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I really do think word of mouth os the best way to get new members. I mean, i know thats how i finally became a member here (i did know about the shroomery before from researching mushrooms and drugs, but it's another user who helped me join) and i also know that i have told many about the site, some of which have joined.

I do think a shroomery app would be nice, but i don't really think it would bring in that many new members. Although, i do know that the site is somewhat confusing to a new member, so that may help people sign up and stay more i suppose. Honestly, i used this site for a couple years through google searches, but the layout always confused me. It took someone showing me how to use the sight for me to join. Feels silly now that i know how simple it is, but its true. Maybe making the site easier to navigate would help.

I dont know though, because honestly, i like it the way it is. I would be very sad with a change. Athough we could just change the default layout of the site, but still have an option for the original layout.

I absolutely love the business cards, vinsue. Things like that would surely help. Also, t-shirt giveaways, like others have said, seem like a great idea, because that would get the image out into the real world. I'd be willing to bet that people who are into mushrooms and/or psychedelics would inquire about a shroomery shirt if they saw one.

I don't know. Like i said, i really like the way the site is now, and don't want much change. I do think I will buy a t-shirt or two when i get paid though.

Also, i like what you have to say keyohnah.:sun:

Invisiblekeyohnah
Female

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Asclepius] * 6
    #25069521 - 03/16/18 07:37 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
Start a Shroomery Cartel

Start?

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#25069543 - 03/16/18 07:52 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Too many is not the problem, it might make things a bit hectic until they are sorted out a bit and get the vibe of the place. But you have to bring in the warm bodies or the shoomery will suffer the fate that already befell many other sites some of which were absolutely thriving and now are ghost towns.

Another prize we might offer is lets say a gm or 1/2, 1/4 of cbd which is legal so far. I'll give up my sources for cheap potent cbd so it won't cost much. Offering supporter prizes to people who don't know what it is cheapens it and means little to the potential member until they learn more. But have people enter a contest and give a 1/4 gm (or more) of cbd either isolate or tincture prize each week and post the user names of the winners.

How about member art, glass, lots of things that are legal and can be used to promote us. Give the supporter accounts to the members who donate their art and use that as prizes. You don't even have to put the name or url of the shroomery on the ad. Simply announce a contest, start giving away prizes and when someone enters, they get an email reply thanking them for entering and mentioning info on mushroom cultivation which can be found at ... Plus we offer lively political discussion, scientific discussion, drug discussion, how to's on many things. We have a lot to offer. We can put out a page of interesting things and never mention the other. But we would have to say something about 'before entering take note of the fact that drug usage is discussed here pro and con' something like that.

--------------------

Offlinehudb
mind pilot
Male

#25069547 - 03/16/18 07:56 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Change is hard for some people.  What do you think the average age of a member is?  I'm just curious where I fit in here.  What is the average age of members on this thread?

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Loc: CA Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: hudb]
    #25069753 - 03/16/18 09:43 PM (6 years, 3 days ago)

I'm about 35. I actually forget my age all the time because I never think about it. When someone asks I make something up, lol.

Make a poll, but average age is early 20' I think.

I actually found the site by wanting to cultivate. Then I stayed for TPE and now I mostly stay in the pub. I bet most users start in cultivation so advertise/promote in areas related to mushrooms and tripping.

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: hudb]
    #25069812 - 03/16/18 10:17 PM (6 years, 3 days ago)

I'm forever 21.  No, not the store!

--------------------

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
    #25069842 - 03/16/18 10:30 PM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Get active on the streets to legalize mushrooms

spread your words of experience, hope and love far and wide

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #25069927 - 03/16/18 11:15 PM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
It feels like we've lost so many over the years, and this question has come to my mind with increasing frequency.

So, brainstorming session; how could we go about getting more cool people to come and join our community?

Where do you get the idea that the shroomery community is shrinking?  Are we talking like actual numbers that Ythan/Thor/other admins have put out or are you only talking about people you recognize who have gone, etc?

Its normal for the people of your "crowd" in your hay day to slowly disappear.  I bitch about it all the time in OTD and in vets.  Hell, all the shroomerites that I've been gathering with for the last 16+ years all haven't really posted in years and years, except maybe to pop into vets and say 'yup! going to next az trip!"

We don't even post our gatherings in the gathering forum anymore because they aren't even really shroomery gatherings.  Its just a bunch of old friends who met here back when they were lolol.

Funny enough, I have more of "my generations" shroomery pals on facebook then I do here.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 4
    #25069947 - 03/16/18 11:46 PM (6 years, 3 days ago)

I don't think there's any problem. For many, many years we had more noobs than we knew what to do with. Seems like it was only a couple years ago that the board was completely flooded with noobs. I'm glad that the wave has died down, and I think having less new members will be good for the board rather than bad for it.

When we had the most noobs, we also had the most shitposting and other bullshit drama that went along with it. I for one don't want to go back to that.

As for forums in general, forums will be around long after facebook, reddit and other bullshit sites have died. You guys who think they are the future are just living in a fad. Facebook is already dying/dead, and reddit isn't what it used to be either (if it was ever anything good anyway). Noobs and stupid people hang out on facebook and reddit. I don't think we want to attract either crowd. If you aren't used to forums, you're living under a rock. All the most popular sites on the internet are still the big forums.

Beyond that, I see people with 2018 sign up dates all the time. Clearly we're still attracting noobs, so I don't think this is even a problem to begin with.

Offlinewatermelon mon
Willow Trees

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: nooneman] * 2
    #25070069 - 03/17/18 01:08 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Ate some with people I didn't know a few days ago

Told them

I am from the shroomery when you talk to us you'll never be the same

They thought it was so funny all we did was laugh about that and stuff

I was like shroomery.org

--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

Edited by watermelon mon (03/17/18 01:09 AM)

OfflineLightningT
Psychonaut
Male

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: watermelon mon] * 1
    #25070128 - 03/17/18 02:10 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

What got me to find out about shroomery is me searching for interesting questions and trip reports so I guess you could start by posting more trip reports and questions websites like reddit haven't posted about.

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 5
    #25070154 - 03/17/18 03:29 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell- Edward Abbey

if anything, we need to think about shrinking it :crankey:

the peeps who are meant to be here at any given time will be here :shrug:

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: unam sanctum]
    #25070156 - 03/17/18 03:39 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Talk to your friends about mushrooms. Get them interested in growing.

I don't want the site to get too mainstream. The reason it's successful as it is is because its so damn niche.

We're always going to be a small community and I like it that way.  Mush cult will always stay active because there will always be people interested in learning to grow shrooms. 

As long as mush cult is here I'll be happy.  I think this question is more about making the pub more popular rather than shroomery as a whole. The truth is there are a thousand other platforms for pub like discussion but only a handful for mushroom cultivation. I honestly don't care if we lose members who only post in the pub and OTD because it just doesn't affect me. :shrug: I only spend time in the pub when Im bored.

I'm constantly seeing new faces in cultivation and that makes me happy that there is a constant new generation of growers up and coming.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

OfflineLightRay
Lord Hubert
 User Gallery

#25070360 - 03/17/18 08:05 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Start handing out free drugs with every neww account

--------------------
The secret to life is to put positive loving energy Into every thought and action you do <3
Be Aware. Believe. Be here now
Everything is a reflection of ones self.  Of God and you are God.  All is conscious.  All is consciousness. 
There is no death, only life. Your mission is to raise your vibration and every one else around you.
Open Your Mind!

OfflinelillFish
Daydreamer
Female User Gallery

Loc: Recliner Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: LightRay]
    #25070406 - 03/17/18 08:25 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

there are some people from reddit that would fit in over here. r/psychonaut r/dmt.. and a few others.

--------------------
My Wish & Trade list

Offlinedan12146
Get growin
I'm a teapot

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: lillFish] * 1
    #25070433 - 03/17/18 08:34 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Shroomery doesn't have an app, correct? I'd be willing to make an attempt at creating a cross-platform app for shroomery. I could post it on the apple store and android store.

LMK what you think.

OfflineLightRay
Lord Hubert
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #25070468 - 03/17/18 08:56 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Money. We need it. With money we can pay for cool shit. Ythan is great and all and I don't want to shit on him, but this place needs a business part to to it. A CEO to think up ways to monitize this operation. Shit I'll do it until we can find a better guy or keep me, whatever.

You didn't notice the google adsense ads at the top of every thread and the banner ads at the top and bottom, paid support accounts + the shroomery store???

Its a forum, what else could he do to monetise it more?

And what would you be doing with that money?  This site is abpout illegal activity dude :what: I mean where are you going with that idea.  Please tell me.

Sounds like a good path to get this whole thing federallied and shut down.  once theres large amounts of cash, illegal mushrooms and promotion going on u can almost guarantee the feds will cut in on the action or shut you down.  I'd say its already sitting on the borderline TBH.

A shroomery CEO, na I don't think we want you running it Patlal.  i like your hubris but completely disagree with it.  :goodluckwiththat:  I don't understand where you headed with these suggestions at all.

I think ythans doin just fine running his business.  Your suggestions would likely get the thing shut down.  That ain't gonna be a good business bro.  thats gonna be a dead business.

The number 1 priority of this site should not be money it should be spreading the truth.  I'm here for the knowledge bombs.

Edited by LightRay (03/17/18 09:03 AM)

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#25071620 - 03/17/18 06:14 PM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Here's another thought. Why not have a In Memoriam section?? Why have a lot of loved member that have died over the years that deserve this recognition. When Zap passed, I actually cried in from of my computer screen... We need to to put them in the Shroomery Hall of Fame

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: mndfreeze] * 1
    #25071693 - 03/17/18 06:49 PM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Funny enough, I have more of "my generations" shroomery pals on facebook then I do here.

You kids and your facebooks

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

#25071888 - 03/17/18 08:22 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

LightRay said:
Start handing out free drugs with every neww account

I think this is a campaign platform we can all get behind.  Assuming the "free" drugs have been donated by those who created/delivered them...:shrug:

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #25071898 - 03/17/18 08:28 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:

How can we grow our community?

PF tek

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #25071970 - 03/17/18 09:10 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Has site traffic actually declined, or has growth just slowed or stopped?

Maybe we could pick some of our best posters and clone them to agar.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

β€œNothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Tantrika]
    #25072151 - 03/17/18 11:39 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Tantrika said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

It's time to get with the time grandpa. And by 'the times' I mean like a decade ago or some shit.  Fuck whatever kids actually use today.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #25072156 - 03/17/18 11:47 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

Tantrika said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

It's time to get with the time grandpa. And by 'the times' I mean like a decade ago or some shit.  Fuck whatever kids actually use today.

Actually only turn 31 this year, so you prolly have me there :lol:
deleted Facebook almost a decade ago now

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #25072166 - 03/17/18 11:56 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

I learned from cultivating that the best way to grow is to keep folks in the dark, and feed them horseshit.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Tantrika]
    #25072290 - 03/18/18 01:56 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Just wait until you are almost 40 like me, theeeeen you'llll bee baaccckkkk to the bookface!  Its like a requirement for familes and old people.

Does the shroomery offer a retirement package?  I should be due one any day now.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 3
    #25072317 - 03/18/18 03:13 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Well we could probably start by stop driving away veteran and new members with systemic PC mob bullshit and overtly biased moderating.

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Shroomism]
    #25072320 - 03/18/18 03:19 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

hahah, that shits been going on since day 1 here. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't ban me bruh!

:laugh:

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #25072363 - 03/18/18 04:43 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Just wait until you are almost 40 like me, theeeeen you'llll bee baaccckkkk to the bookface!  Its like a requirement for familes and old people.

heh,
I can slay u.

started on Facebook back when it was University students and watched the pool get bigger
it was kind of funny to see people from the Education faculty
start complaining that kids from the high schools they were doing their stage in
had started adding them on facebook

Now, my mother has more people on her Facebook friends list from my time in high school
than were ever my friends during high school

and my 92 year old grandmother uses it to see pictures of the great grandkids that live so far away

the facebooks aren't for me tho

"ever since I gave up Facebook, my life has been awesome"

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #25072370 - 03/18/18 04:58 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

:wink:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Rose]
    #25072392 - 03/18/18 05:50 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

The underappreciated benefit of Vulgarity

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #25072399 - 03/18/18 06:11 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Gunslingers and amoral young woman is what the general public pays to see.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #25072511 - 03/18/18 07:52 AM (6 years, 2 days ago)

people who want to grow shrooms well will find their way here

this place gets millions of unique views each month

i'd its doing ok

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: thelanzii] * 3
    #25073261 - 03/18/18 01:38 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Here's another idea.

We should be more focused on the safety of our members. By that I mean creating a exhaustive list of rehab facilities in evfery major city. Let's face it, we're all addicts. Some of us want to quit but can't and they don't have the resources for rehab or even the motivation to look for it because they are too fucked up.

If we had a list, sorted by provinces/states of rehab facilities with a link to their website featured prominently on the main page somewhere, it would add a lot of credibbility and improve our image of promoting drug use and flip to a more "we know we can't make you stop, but they can" image.

I know we are strongly opposed to dosaeg advice, but we sshould copy erowid on this one. Have a page didicated to every drug out there with pictures descriptions, etc. That way people who want to try something no longer have to stress out about how mush they have to do, plus it's always good to have extra information on anything in life.

--------------------

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #25073276 - 03/18/18 01:41 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Here's another idea.

We should be more focused on the safety of our members. By that I mean creating a exhaustive list of rehab facilities in evfery major city. Let's face it, we're all addicts. Some of us want to quit but can't and they don't have the resources for rehab or even the motivation to look for it because they are too fucked up.

If we had a list, sorted by provinces/states of rehab facilities with a link to their website featured prominently on the main page somewhere, it would add a lot of credibbility and improve our image of promoting drug use and flip to a more "we know we can't make you stop, but they can" image.

I know we are strongly opposed to dosaeg advice, but we sshould copy erowid on this one. Have a page didicated to every drug out there with pictures descriptions, etc. That way people who want to try something no longer have to stress out about how mush they have to do, plus it's always good to have extra information on anything in life.

I can get behind this. A lot of us adicts consider ourselves saved by mushroom cultivation. I know I was.

--------------------

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

Invisiblethelanzii

#25073301 - 03/18/18 01:50 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

celebrating 3 months today :fasted: lol

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #25073313 - 03/18/18 01:54 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:

I think handing out cards and making YouTube videos would be effective. I proposed this to Ythan years ago, but he said that it didn't seem necessary. But he still entertained the idea as something great someone could do.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

#25073358 - 03/18/18 02:10 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Well we could probably start by stop driving away veteran and new members with systemic PC mob bullshit and overtly biased moderating.

:banKoods:

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: mndfreeze] * 2
    #25073370 - 03/18/18 02:19 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
hahah, that shits been going on since day 1 here. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't ban me bruh!

I remember when Learyfan used to ban you if you just stated that you didn't like the Grateful Dead in the Pub. Someone just called me a nigger in here the other day with no repercussions.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 2
    #25073373 - 03/18/18 02:20 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

I'd like to point out that virtually every thread on the recent list was started a noob. Seems an awful lot like we don't have any problem at all.

Also you guys complaining about moderation have a case of the butthurts. :butthurt:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: XUL] * 1
    #25073427 - 03/18/18 02:53 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:

I think handing out cards and making YouTube videos would be effective. I proposed this to Ythan years ago, but he said that it didn't seem necessary. But he still entertained the idea as something great someone could do.

We had a shroomery booth and handed out shroomery business cards at EDC a decade and a half ago.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: John Nada]
    #25073431 - 03/18/18 02:54 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

John Nada said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Don't ban me bruh!

I remember when Learyfan used to ban you if you just stated that you didn't like the Grateful Dead in the Pub. Someone just called me a nigger in here the other day with no repercussions.

hahahahahaha yeeeeessssssssssss!

I'm surprised you're not banned right now for referencing someone calling you a nigger in this forum.  Shroomism better get to that shit.  He be slackin.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: mndfreeze] * 1
    #25073456 - 03/18/18 03:06 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

This thread is turning out to be the admin's nightmare.

1000 hours of work for them lol

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #25073520 - 03/18/18 03:30 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Can't ban a few of us, we're vets and obviously wanted here! ;D

Now where is my tubgirl..

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
    #25073558 - 03/18/18 03:44 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Aren't there a lot of new users everyday? Its just that I dont really care what someone with low postcount and/or a couple of months of membership has to contribute :shrug:

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

#25073571 - 03/18/18 03:48 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:

What makes you think they are going to do anything?

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#25073575 - 03/18/18 03:49 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:
Quote:

Patlal said:

What makes you think they are going to do anything?

Positivity and the drastic need for change is starting to get more and more obvious.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25073576 - 03/18/18 03:49 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

LSD crystal chem trails might help:themoreyouknow:

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineRaRaRasputin
Lover Of The Russian Queen
Male

Loc: St. Petersburg or Siberia Flag
    #25073588 - 03/18/18 03:54 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Coming from the "younger generation" I see a lot of things that younglings want but I hang put with older people so I relate a lot with what older people think. So I will just make a short list with a shortish description and reason.

1. More ways of sharing/socializing
Shroomery on it's most basic form is a social media website for subjects not so... accepted. It is also a library of knowledge for those who peruse it in the shadows but for active people it's a social media platform. There are not many ways to share the flush or mutant you just took a pic of. At best it's a few posts on a couple threads and maybe a journal entry. There needs to be a better feed or option to post it to a page where your friends could look. Making socializing and spread or in for more fluid rather than just the typical threads that mainly have to be seekers out by other people than easily viewed.

2. Instant gratification
Young people today especially like to be instantly rewarded with a meaningless achievement or bounty for simple tasks that most people don't even pay attention to. Though I like the post voting system that's in right now, enough people don't use it as is, as well as it could be abused with a simple 5 or 6 friends of yours constantly up-voting each other posts to break that system. There should be a multi reward system where people who post a picture need to be told or voted some what quickly that their post was worth posting and their replies are worth replieing to beyond self motivation. Then there could be some medium scale reward system similar to the poster rating system and trading system that has more weight to it than just the average like or dislike and should be a goal to keep good but is still a moderately changing rank. Lastly there needs to be a long and slow rating/voting or achievement system similar to the "trusted cultivator" tag but on more of a guidlined system and more achivments. (Still keep that tag though because it's awesome to earn)

3. Updated user interface
I love the website as is and there are a few querks that make me sigh but this site works amazingly for people who are smart enough to learn how to avoid those querks. A mobile verion needs to happen and more "dumber" user friendly version with better icons/navigational systems would be needed for such advancement.

4. Video and streaming capability
I know this could have gone under the first point but there's so much to this one that I wanted to make it separate. With YouTube restricting so much of the content uploaded lately it worries me to see shroomery not move towards hosting their own video upload capabilities. YouTube isn't bad either but I'm not as motivated as others to create another "ghost" on YouTube to upload on as well as using a proxy is slow as fuck. I spend a lot of my time on YouTube watching miscelanious stuff but if shroomery had a massive library of time lapse grows, how to's, educational, or grow along videos to watch I would probably never leave this sight. If I could live stream I would live stream all my enoculations and SAB work. That's just on the mycology end too, who knows where this could go from there. It would be difficult making guid lines for this but it would be detrimental to growth towards younger gen users.

This last paragraph is to address some of my topics that might be a little conflicting. First being that this is information library and not so much of a social media cite which is true. I post on here for both reasons because this is the only website I socialize on anyways so it has a social media stigma to me which I know can be built on to make a good website. With expantion though comes what is called "cancer" or "aids" which directly refears to the people that troll to such an extant that it is almost as bad as cancer or aids (it's not bad until a group forms to combine the trolling abilities and then it goes all to shit from there). I think by keeping threads and the old style of shroomery part of the website it would cater to the older style users who are use to forums and thread style of information whilest also cater to the younger group of users that would like a more feed on their page style approach to sharing their grow experiences.

--------------------

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: RaRaRasputin]
    #25073595 - 03/18/18 03:56 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Give out more awards (everone should get an award and have commercials.

--------------------

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: elasticaltiger] * 1
    #25073696 - 03/18/18 04:41 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Sound like a waste of money and time

Quitting or at least moderating your drug use is a personal choice
No amount of classes or rehab will change a person if they don't choose too internally

I think dimple cheap advertising on sites like reddit would work well

--------------------

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

#25073700 - 03/18/18 04:44 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

I love your honesty
And you are also a moderater

Fight corruption!

--------------------

Edited by SunnyD (03/18/18 05:31 PM)

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

Loc: Under The Sea
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: SunnyD]
    #25073877 - 03/18/18 06:08 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

SunnyD said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:

I love your honesty
And you are also a moderater

Fight corruption!

:ilold: :facepalm:

--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #25073893 - 03/18/18 06:16 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

This place needs a ig/twitter/tumblr account.

--------------------

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Cosmic_Flame] * 1
    #25073911 - 03/18/18 06:21 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Incriminating pictures on instagram is the last thing we need. :facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: elasticaltiger] * 1
    #25073922 - 03/18/18 06:26 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Incriminating pictures on instagram is the last thing we need. :facepalm:

Why would you post incriminating pictures on ig??

:whattefuck2:  :thefuckisthis:

You do realize theres a ton of other content that could be posted to help promote traffic to this site without it being incriminating...Like da hell, I can't even..

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #25073977 - 03/18/18 06:50 PM (6 years, 2 days ago)

He is the best, too bad we don't have more like him.

--------------------

OfflineRaRaRasputin
Male

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #25077886 - 03/20/18 02:38 PM (6 years, 5 hours ago)

So was a nest answer picked or is it still going?

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#25077905 - 03/20/18 02:44 PM (6 years, 5 hours ago)

So OP. Any news/updates?

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#25077970 - 03/20/18 03:16 PM (6 years, 4 hours ago)

Unfortunately not Pat. As much as the responses have been both fascinating and enlightening, I'm not sure that anything will ever come from them.

You still get the prize though. I'll PM you.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
    #25077972 - 03/20/18 03:17 PM (6 years, 4 hours ago)

I mean do we even really want the site to become more popular? its only gonna mean more trolls and bullshit. fuck knows no one wants to see this attempt to morph into some kind of mushroom based social network site. lol could u fucking imagine. I mean its be cool to see some new extra site features that aren't u no totally broken and then it becomes a huge shit show fucking nightmare that has to be taken down after a few months. one things for sure people are gonna complain either way if u add shit or not. how bout fixing u no basic broken shit we already have like the swag store. I mean ffs if u can't even push the merch then survive on the internet let alone become popular. theres a bunch really good graphic artists on here jus have em make a bunch of sick stickers n super dank t shirts threads n shit for like a fucking supporter account or something dumb. hell u could even spin off a whjole clothing line and shroomery could become somekinda ultra hetty lifestyle brand. think of the lucrativity. unbelievable.

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #25077997 - 03/20/18 03:24 PM (6 years, 4 hours ago)

qft

Edited by unam sanctum (03/21/18 12:44 AM)

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: unam sanctum]
    #25078010 - 03/20/18 03:30 PM (6 years, 4 hours ago)

More porn

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineTNK
Pleasures of Africa
I'm a teapot Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: I AM THUNDERBOT
    #25078234 - 03/20/18 04:56 PM (6 years, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:

Where do you get the idea that the shroomery community is shrinking?  Are we talking like actual numbers that Ythan/Thor/other admins have put out or are you only talking about people you recognize who have gone, etc?

Its normal for the people of your "crowd" in your hay day to slowly disappear.  I bitch about it all the time in OTD and in vets.  Hell, all the shroomerites that I've been gathering with for the last 16+ years all haven't really posted in years and years, except maybe to pop into vets and say 'yup! going to next az trip!"

We don't even post our gatherings in the gathering forum anymore because they aren't even really shroomery gatherings.  Its just a bunch of old friends who met here back when they were lolol.

I find that interesting too because I talk to the majority of my shroomery palls off site on Facebook. Away from prying eyes.

--------------------
Edited by TNK (02/22/22 22:22 PM)

OfflinePumpJackTeX
livin life
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: TNK]
    #25078761 - 03/20/18 08:24 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Don't change a fucking thing.

--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

OfflineRaRaRasputin
Male

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: PumpJackTeX]
    #25078974 - 03/20/18 10:14 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Damn, I feel like the winner might have been picked biasly. Lol I don't really care who one, my post ain't shit anyways. Like much of the things in the no man's land of governments and legality, eventually there will be no more and the borders will be defined if this cite (At least being hosted in the US) will either be shut down or not in soon years to come. I love what I've stumbled upon and hope I will get to thread hop it till the day it's gone.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #25079107 - 03/21/18 12:15 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

People love drama. We should do everything in our power to attract MORE trolls.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

β€œNothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #25081810 - 03/22/18 08:15 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

yah fuk it if itll boost shroomry clout  :deepman:

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #25081974 - 03/22/18 09:37 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

No advertising on social media!! Let it be a gem to be descovered by those that search. We dont need more fucks, quality over quantity.
If the site is needing $ have an end of year tax were our non homeless members give 1 dollar, sell merch ill buy a hoodie.

If you want shroomy members go to festivals with a shroomery card with a spore print on the back of each one, ill take my reward now:stoned:
If you drop me off or gimme a ride to the bus station ill do it.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate