Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
How can we grow our community? * 1
    #25068352 - 03/16/18 10:19 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

It feels like we've lost so many over the years, and this question has come to my mind with increasing frequency.

So, brainstorming session; how could we go about getting more cool people to come and join our community?

Best answer wins a prize.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25068385 - 03/16/18 10:38 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Make babies. Lots of babies.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25068399 - 03/16/18 10:42 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

What kind of prize?

:awebig:

I like the babies one: Make more shroomery babies!

Jokeshop, do u think we are a "dying breed"?

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth šŸŒŽšŸŒšŸŒ                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | šŸ’§ Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method šŸ’§ | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25068407 - 03/16/18 10:44 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Jokeshop, do u think we are a "dying breed"?

It worries me a little that we are, yes.

Although I'm probably just getting old and cynical.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25068412 - 03/16/18 10:46 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I kinda get that feeling too.

Seems like theres less and less originals around and not too many newbies. Like the ratio is tipping. Maybe its just me.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 6
    #25068417 - 03/16/18 10:49 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Well, talking about it in public would not work. The premise of this website doesn't fit in with most of society.

A free 3 month supporter account would cost virtually nothing and it might get people to come in. Then you can advertize on the sponsors website then again, most people come here before they go to the sponsors website.

A great move would be to get Joe Rogan to actively promote it on his podcast. Shit, Ythan could probably be a guest on his podcast if we push hard enough.

But realistically, we should advertize on site like erowid and other drug related websites. Promote the shroomery as an educational website rather than an illicit drug promotion website. Ythan should rethink the business model of the website entirely. The focus should but put toward production of edibles and education of mycology altogether. Magic mushrooms should be a part of the website you need to dig a little to find, but still keep all the info. Just make it less obvious. That way non-drug users would read up on legal stuff and the more curious ones would end up looking for active mushrooms.

As for the message board, we need less polarizing mods. The mods should not be above the law so to speak. Without naming names, some mods break the rules and personally insults members. Not cool.

This website should FINALLY get a an app for the phones and tablets. Its 2018. It"s time... We need to get up to speed...

Supporter accounts should get actual perks. Perhaps discounts on certain sponsor websites. I'm a 10 year member and I never purchased a supporter account because I never felt I needed. I've won some. Some people bought it for me. Hell I just might win another with the post.

Of course you can always pay google to be the first search result when someone googles mushrooms. That must be costly though because I'm sure the word mushroom is searched more often than one might think.

As for the messsage board. Page one should belong enough to bring page 2 on page one. Right now it's what, 20 threads per page? Make it 50. We have the internet power to load that and thread wouldn't die as fast.

Also, one thing that has always bugged me  and that I can't really find a solution to is that the pub is jammed packed with people and all the other subsection have only a few users looking. That forces people to flood the pub in order to get immediate responses. People work on dopamine and seeing your posts being +1 and answered makes this site addictive as fuck. Also, We should be able to see who +1s other people's comments.

The ratings should mean something. If somebody constantly keeps up a 5 star rating, he should be rewarded with something in order to remain a 5 star member. Rewards for good bahavior will push out the trolls and keep positive members active.

In order to finance itself, theshroomery market place could be like a cheap kijiji. Pay a small fee and advertize anything. For the serious members who have developed trust with other members of this site, I'm sure some people would be willing to sell stuff. One man's trash in another's treasure.

Again, I'm going to push the mycology education again. Trusted grower's ccould be asked to write down knowledge about edible, how to grow them, and how mycology works. That should become the main focus of this site and we could become the top 5 authority about mycology on the Internet. We have insanely skill cultivators that are dedicated to this website.

The interface should be more user friendly. Instead of having 3 links to something, combine them all into one link with more info on it. The users we will get won't mind reading because they would come here ready to to educate themselves.

We need to get on the positive side of the general population. Drugs are fun, but they only attract drug users. Most people associate drug use as a loser thing. It sucks but its reality.

A full overhaul would be needed. A lot of work has to be done, but this website has great potential.

Perhaps we could become a spore syringe selling website instead of relying on sponsors. Cut the middle man you know? Not sure how we would go about this one though. We'd need a lab and shit lol.

Anyways.........

Did I win?

EDIT #1:

Money. We need it. With money we can pay for cool shit. Ythan is great and all and I don't want to shit on him, but this place needs a business part to to it. A CEO to think up ways to monitize this operation. Shit I'll do it until we can find a better guy or keep me, whatever.

People LOVE charity. Charities LOVE to promote themselves. Perhaps we should collectively, via poll in the pub decide on a cause to support and then appraoch that charity (as an overhauled legal mycology website of course because they won't want to be associated to drugs). That would be awesome for members to get an actual executive power on this website instead of just being a powerless member. A playoff style thing could be created in order to pick a cause dear to the majority.

In fact let's push it further. In order to create more togetherness, important website decisions could be regularly voted on by active members with a 4+ star rating. Again, rewarding good users and giving them a sense of decision making.

I think you guys can see that I've been dying to give feedback for a loooooog ass time now.

EDIT#2:

I'm going to preemtively be negative about this it it would have to change. I'm almost certain that 99% of what I wrote down here will die with this thread and nothing will change. That mentality has to change. You can't change if suggestions are ignored.

--------------------

Edited by Patlal (03/16/18 11:12 AM)

OfflineADCC420
Male

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Patlal]
    #25068421 - 03/16/18 10:51 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Well, talking about it in public would not work. The premise of this website doesn't fit in with most of society.

A free 3 month supporter account would cost virtually nothing and it might get people to come in. Then you can advertize on the sponsors website then again, most people come here before they go to the sponsors website.

A great move would be to get Joe Rogan to actively promote it on his podcast. Shit, Ythan could probably be a guest on his podcast if we push hard enough.

But realistically, we should advertize on site like erowid and other drug related websites. Promote the shroomery as an educational website rather than an illicit drug promotion website. Ythan should rethink the business model of the website entirely. The focus should but put toward production of edibles and education of mycology altogether. Magic mushrooms should be a part of the website you need to dig a little to find, but still keep all the info. Just make it less obvious. That way non-drug users would read up on legal stuff and the more curious ones would end up looking for active mushrooms.

As for the message board, we need less polarizing mods. The mods should not be above the law so to speak. Without naming names, some mods break the rules and personally insults members. Not cool.

This website should FINALLY get a an app for the phones and tablets. Its 2018. It"s time... We need to get up to speed...

Supporter accounts should get actual perks. Perhaps discounts on certain sponsor websites. I'm a 10 year member and I never purchased a supporter account because I never felt I needed. I've won some. Some people bought it for me. Hell I just might win another with the post.

Of course you can always pay google to be the first search result when someone googles mushrooms. That must be costly though because I'm sure the word mushroom is searched more often than one might think.

As for the messsage board. Page one should belong enough to bring page 2 on page one. Right now it's what, 20 threads per page? Make it 50. We have the internet power to load that and thread wouldn't die as fast.

Also, one thing that has always bugged me  and that I can't really find a solution to is that the pub is jammed packed with people and all the other subsection have only a few users looking. That forces people to flood the pub in order to get immediate responses. People work on dopamine and seeing your posts being +1 and answered makes this site addictive as fuck. Also, We should be able to see who +1s other people's comments.

The ratings should mean something. If somebody constantly keeps up a 5 star rating, he should be rewarded with something in order to remain a 5 star member. Rewards for good bahavior will push out the trolls and keep positive members active.

In order to finance itself, theshroomery market place could be like a cheap kijiji. Pay a small fee and advertize anything. For the serious members who have developed trust with other members of this site, I'm sure some people would be willing to sell stuff. One man's trash in another's treasure.

Again, I'm going to push the mycology education again. Trusted grower's ccould be asked to write down knowledge about edible, how to grow them, and how mycology works. That should become the main focus of this site and we could become the top 5 authority about mycology on the Internet. We have insanely skill cultivators that are dedicated to this website.

The interface should be more user friendly. Instead of having 3 links to something, combine them all into one link with more info on it. The users we will get won't mind reading because they would come here ready to to educate themselves.

We need to get on the positive side of the general population. Drugs are fun, but they only attract drug users. Most people associate drug use as a loser thing. It sucks but its reality.

A full overhaul would be needed. A lot of work has to be done, but this website has great potential.

Perhaps we could become a spore syringe selling website instead of relying on sponsors. Cut the middle man you know? Not sure how we would go about this one though. We'd need a lab and shit lol.

Anyways.........

Did I win?

I think you just did.

:raisemyglass:

Onlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: ADCC420] * 4
    #25068428 - 03/16/18 10:57 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

My little brother turns 18 in a couple weeks, I think I may guide him this way :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Offlinehudb
mind pilot
Male

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: ADCC420]
    #25068441 - 03/16/18 11:03 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

This site format is older than some of its users.  I'm sure younger people have never used a site like this.  It needs to be tablet / portable friendly.

Invisibleazzbo

Loc: Flag
    #25068456 - 03/16/18 11:09 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I like the babies idea. I can do the honours of inseminating our female members since my spunk is hella shroomy

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: azzbo] * 6
    #25068460 - 03/16/18 11:10 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Shroomery babies grow on agar, you anus.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleEternal Quest
Heyoka
 User Gallery

Loc: My head Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #25068461 - 03/16/18 11:11 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
My little brother turns 18 in a couple weeks, I think I may guide him this way :shroomeryhead:

I think this is really the best way.
To 'vet' people from real life and introduce them to the Shroomery.

--------------------
"Be kind whenever possible.
It is always possible."

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
Iā€™m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Eternal Quest] * 1
    #25068473 - 03/16/18 11:13 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Give out recruitment bonuses.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Eternal Quest]
    #25068474 - 03/16/18 11:14 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

*I edited my long post to add extra info, should you be interested*

--------------------

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
Iā€™m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Patlal] * 4
    #25068476 - 03/16/18 11:15 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

no

--------------------

InvisibleEternal Quest
Heyoka
 User Gallery

Loc: My head Flag
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #25068487 - 03/16/18 11:16 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Crazy_Horse said:
Give out recruitment bonuses.

And this. Yes. :lol:

--------------------
"Be kind whenever possible.
It is always possible."

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Eternal Quest] * 1
    #25068498 - 03/16/18 11:19 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Forums are a dying medium of communication; the newer generation is more interested in video communication. That's all there is to it. Might not be a terrible thing.

Onlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: Eternal Quest]
    #25068534 - 03/16/18 11:29 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

If he joins he gets a free joint (as i just found out he recently started smoking on his own):awehigh:

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #25068551 - 03/16/18 11:38 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Grow shrooms and sell them to random people from the streets. That's what I did. LoL

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: How can we grow our community? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #25068563 - 03/16/18 11:42 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

There is too much competition from reddit, fb, and other groups. I agree advertising is the way to go. Put out ads saying learn to grow... something. Or just say its an alternative site. You have to advertise now days to stay afloat.

--------------------
ā€œA democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.ā€ (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order