Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #25073200 - 03/18/18 01:21 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

White males should be aborted, and white males should be sterilized.  the government should climb up everyones ass and be investigated, and sterilize anyone who is not PC enough so that cannot reproduce and disturb the harmony of the collective.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: starfire_xes]
    #25073234 - 03/18/18 01:28 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
White males should be aborted, and white males should be sterilized.  the government should climb up everyones ass and be investigated, and sterilize anyone who is not PC enough so that cannot reproduce and disturb the harmony of the collective.

Sounds like democracy without a constitution.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: XUL]
    #25073242 - 03/18/18 01:31 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Sounds like reality for poor, disabled people.

They still force sterilization

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: XUL]
    #25073243 - 03/18/18 01:31 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

Sounds like democracy without a constitution.

:rofl2:

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: starfire_xes]
    #25073245 - 03/18/18 01:31 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Why would wasps do that to their own?

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
    #25073250 - 03/18/18 01:33 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Star, you seem to be recovering nicely. Your posts are quite coherent now

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #25073318 - 03/18/18 01:56 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Maybe because I ate a little bit of cactus a while ago.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25073320 - 03/18/18 01:57 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Why would wasps do that to their own?

I am talking about the progressives/liberals/democrats. :awedisgust:

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25073322 - 03/18/18 01:58 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Then why didn't you say that?

Another od stroke?

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: Asclepius]
    #25073933 - 03/18/18 06:32 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:
Firstly, I am not Jewish.  Secondly, even if I were, talking about white privilege does not make me racist.

"talking about white privilege does not make me racist"

Yet, when someone mentioned Jewish privilege you stated- "supposed to be a joke?....anti-Semitism is a reality for Jewish people living in America"

And they best one- "They constantly have to put up with people such as yourself". So when someone brings up Jewish privilege you insinuate they're intolerant, when you bring up white privilege, you claim not to be racist.

There's no consistency to your line of reasoning here, the hypocrisy is in plain view for all to see. :shrug:

How disingenuous of you, yet again!  TrippingPorpoise insinuated that Jewish people have more privilege than white people, exclaiming: "Are you willing to accept Jewish privilege existing to an even more extreme degree than white privilege?" 

That's absolute nonsense!  But here you are, again, taking my response out of context.  Moreover, the idea of white privilege goes beyond the scope of socio-economic advantages.  For whatever reason, you seem to be fixated on that singular dynamic.  White privilege also means lesser punishment and convictions rates for non-violent drug offenses relative to black counterparts.  But you claim my interpretation of the data -- a 12 times higher conviction rate for black drug users, even though white and black people use drugs at a proportional rate -- has nothing to do with white privilege.

Also, no matter how many times I have personally told you that I am Agnostic, you refer to me as a "Jew."  I don't know if you realize it, but "Jew" is not a race.

"That's absolute nonsense"

Is it? If you're going to suggest that Jews don't have more privileges over whites, then you have no business making the suggestion that white privilege exists over blacks, you can't have it both ways. 

"even though white and black people use drugs at a proportional rate"

It's about public drug dealing, it's about using drugs in a environment with a higher police presence due to the higher criminal rate.

It's also about holding drugs while committing another crime and ALSO being charged for the drugs.

"but 'Jew' is not a race"

If you're suggesting it's just a religious affiliation, you're not fooling anybody.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: qman]
    #25073946 - 03/18/18 06:36 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Jews have a lot of sympathy but aren't allowed to date wasps daughters.

--------------------

OfflineThundermuscle75
Penis, usually hard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Staring at woodchips.
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: qman] * 2
    #25074560 - 03/19/18 12:23 AM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

lowbrow said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:
Dude, my grandmother is Jewish.  She didn't live in gated community.

A jewish guy telling everybody they should feel white guilt, how novel.

Who is "they?"  For the record, I am not Jewish; my grandmother is.  I am Agnostic.

Playing the same game like koods I see, that doesn't work.

Wow. A quarter Jewish. He could have been a Reich Citizen. Guess the Nuremberg laws aren't strict enough for you!

Also, I think you're the one playing games. The false equivalence game.

Privilege=Guilt?

"Oh no! I don't have enough guilt to fix my computer!":frown:

"At least I can accrue rewards with all my Guilt! I can even get bonus Guilt on my birthday?":toast:

"The court finds the defendant 'privileged' and sentences the to five hard years of reading qman, lowbrow and Stonhenges posts."

--------------------

"Rape ... Is a... can of apples" -Fiery

Offlinegourmet
Stranger
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: Thundermuscle75] * 3
    #25074643 - 03/19/18 01:15 AM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Actually white privilege is a Marxist far left, nonsense myth.

The ideology rules other factors by its presuppositional axioms.  Aka "well black people have to be doing poorly because we KNOW whites are evil and racist etc."

No, no, no.

The myth of white privilege exists to answer a simple question.  Why do Black's do worse than first gen immigrants who come to the USA with nothing?  If your a liberal you'll undoubtedly reference a vague unprovable term like "systemic racism"

If your anyone else you'll know the answer is more nuanced.

There are several factors which can best predict how well you'll do in life (financially).

The first is iq.
The second is whether you have a child out of wedlock.
The third is whether you had a father growing up.

Notice inherited wealth wasn't among them?

75 percent of black children are now born out of wedlock.

70 percent of them are born to single mothers.

So right there is a phenomenon that cripples two generations in one act.

Black people do more poorly than everyone else because the black family doesn't exist.

We could talk in more depth, about how not having a father causes daughters to menstruate earlier and be more promiscuous.  We could talk about young men without fathers are 10-15 times more likely to become sex offenders or commit violent crimes, etc etc etc.

Then we could still address the statistical, factual, iq discrepancies between the races.

Its time to let this insulting, racist, lie of "white privilege" die.

It's entire foundation is built upon ignorant presuppositions and outright lies.

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: gourmet]
    #25074657 - 03/19/18 01:30 AM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

gourmet said:
There are several factors which can best predict how well you'll do in life (financially).

The first is iq.
The second is whether you have a child out of wedlock.
The third is whether you had a father growing up.

says who?

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineThundermuscle75
Penis, usually hard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Staring at woodchips.
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: gourmet] * 2
    #25074707 - 03/19/18 03:06 AM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

gourmet said:
The myth of white privilege exists to answer a simple question.  Why do Black's do worse than first gen immigrants who come to the USA with nothing?  If your a liberal you'll undoubtedly reference a vague unprovable term like "systemic racism"

Are you assuming that first generation immigrants are not black?

Many first generation immigrants are black, and they are African. What I find interesting is that Sub-Saharan African immigrants are far more educated than native born Americans.

That's because they are here for a different reason than native born Americans. There are here seeking opportunity or fleeing situations in there homeland. They are also self selected from there society, being that they have the desire, determination and means to immigrate here.

To me that is also evidence that native born blacks don't do poorly in society because they are of African descent, but because of the situation that they are born into.

If you can take a serious look at American history and come to the conclusion that oppression is not a huge factor in that situation, it seems to me you must have your hands over your eyes while singing,"La, la, la, nothing to see, nothing to hear".

--------------------

"Rape ... Is a... can of apples" -Fiery

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: XUL] * 1
    #25074767 - 03/19/18 04:52 AM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
I don't think there are statistics that define white privilege.

Has any academic peer reviewed journal ever operationally defined "white privilege?"

There isn't a definition of white privilege that can be operationalized for quantitative research. It's a broader concept like, for instance, consumer confidence or political instability. It requires a multiple indicator model because there is white privilege historically in housing, income, education, the criminal justice system, etc, etc.

However various elements of white privilege are one of the most studied areas in sociology and all research is peer reviewed. I kind of know what I'm talking about here. I didn't finish the doctoral dissertation in sociology, but I did the PhD area exam in social stratification, which is all the vertical layers of social class, income, wealth, education. Sex and race are among the most studied variables in the stratification framework.

It is a fact though that given the same data an economist will find less discrimination and a sociologist will find more. IMO this has less to do with what they have learned in school and what research they have done, and more to do with the preconceived biases they had that lead them to study these fields in the first place.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: qman]
    #25074771 - 03/19/18 04:58 AM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Jews have a lot of sympathy but aren't allowed to date wasps daughters.

Bullshit

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Asclepius said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

lowbrow said:
A jewish guy telling everybody they should feel white guilt, how novel.

It's what they do best!!  :shrug:

Who is "they?"  For the record, I am not Jewish; my grandmother is.  I am Agnostic.

Playing the same game like koods I see, that doesn't work.

What game is that? I don't have any Jewish ancestors on either side as far as I know. Why would that matter? Are you really that butthurt that regular Christian white people perform so poorly compared to Jews?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinegourmet
Stranger
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: Thundermuscle75] * 2
    #25074899 - 03/19/18 07:30 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Thundermuscle75 said:
Quote:

gourmet said:

If you can take a serious look at American history and come to the conclusion that oppression is not a huge factor in that situation, it seems to me you must have your hands over your eyes while singing,"La, la, la, nothing to see, nothing to hear".

I can take a look at the statistics that have been gathered, for what determines success, and say that yes, oppression in 2018 is not playing any sort of significant role in the reason why american born Black's are doing so poorly in 2018.

And I've already clearly underlined why in my previous statement.

See the problem with the claim of white privilege is that its the same old tired Marxist cry, repackage with a new racially centered obsession.  Its the claim that the people doing well are doing to because they cheated and are holding down the people doing bad.  Or in this case because they're "privileged".

When again, if Black's would breed responsibly, this apparent "privelege" would disappear.

The only real privelege that exists racially is iq.

And how are we supposed to help that.

They're already being funneled a free existence through welfare.
Affirmative action, all the money being thrown at free black education, black only scholarships, black focused interest groups.

If anything it seems that society systemically gives Black's a bit of privelege through lowered expectations
  They get bonus "black points" o their sat's.

So no.  In 2018 I don't think the problem has anything to do with racism and"oppression"

I think black dads need to stick around, an black women need to try closing their legs for five minutes, and secure fathers for their children.

And the data supports that idea.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: gourmet] * 3
    #25074905 - 03/19/18 07:33 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

How low must one's IQ be to not know how to make a word plural in the English language?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinegourmet
Stranger
Re: For those who do not understand what white privilege is... [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #25074914 - 03/19/18 07:42 AM (6 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

XUL said:
I don't think there are statistics that define white privilege.

Has any academic peer reviewed journal ever operationally defined "white privilege?"

There isn't a definition of white privilege that can be operationalized for quantitative research. It's a broader concept like, for instance, consumer confidence or political instability. It requires a multiple indicator model because there is white privilege historically in housing, income, education, the criminal justice system, etc, etc.

However various elements of white privilege are one of the most studied areas in sociology and all research is peer reviewed. I kind of know what I'm talking about here. I didn't finish the doctoral dissertation in sociology, but I did the PhD area exam in social stratification, which is all the vertical layers of social class, income, wealth, education. Sex and race are among the most studied variables in the stratification framework.

It is a fact though that given the same data an economist will find less discrimination and a sociologist will find more. IMO this has less to do with what they have learned in school and what research they have done, and more to do with the preconceived biases they had that lead them to study these fields in the first place.

All definitions beyond income for white privelege, are based on nonsense petty claims that can easily be attributed to being the majority.

See the problem with interpreting data and claiming "its white. Privelege" is that its axiomatically assumed as the go to interpretation for all data.

And your talking about peer review in the humanities departments.  All that will serve to do is reinforce dogma.

White privelege as a concept was made up by some random undergrad in the 80s.

Go back and read the paper. The entire thing is an emotional appeal with zero evidence given to back its claims.  And all its claims can be attributed to Black's being 13 percent of the population.

The reason that white privelege is given such credence in the humanities departments, besides them being pathological nonsense areas of research, is because its just a neo version of critical theory, which is their core doctrine, and because the humanities departments are politically, agenda driven indoctrination camps.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order