Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheBearJew
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Portable stove Question for my PC: Infrared? electric ceramic? induction adapter? Butane gas?
    #25067811 - 03/16/18 03:13 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Back story feel free to skip:
SOOOOO, my 2 week long search for affordable PC's in Euripe both new and used has turned up empty. Its damn AMAZING how there is such a lack of information on PSI with all these PC's even on official websites. Even those rated at 15psi are tested with a max of 10.5 psi and most of them here are at 7 psi.

Anyways its extremely frustrating for me in Europe.

The cheapest option for me for a decent PC is importing the Presto 23qt from the greatest gawd damn country on earth. The issue is that it is Aluminum and all I have are induction stoves. I have almost no experience with PC's.

My Questions:
Infrared works like a microwave oven. Will this destroy my grains and stuff?
slightly raised coil infrared

or
A flat coil infrared

What design is better for holding 70lbs of weight?

Electric Ceramic Stove: Ive had some horrible experiences with these because they take 10 minutes to heat up and 30 minutes to cool down. **Edit I see a lot of other posts of people using these. Any tips to the design consideration of a 1 piece ceramic vs a coil pattern stove?
A electric stove 1500w without coil

Butane Gas Stove: I would prefer this option, but these portable stoves are super small and im going to have to scour the ends of Europe I think to find a decent size one to hold the Presto securely. However, if it works for people here then I am interested in hearing about your experience? (is the size an issue?, Do you have to buy a ton of butane bottles?)

I know not the most exciting post. But I want to buy 1 time, not have to return anything and be set.

Edit: updated a question after doing some more research on forum.

--------------------
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Edited by TheBearJew (03/16/18 03:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Portable stove Question for my PC: Infrared? electric ceramic? induction adapter? Butane gas? [Re: TheBearJew]
    #25067855 - 03/16/18 04:05 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Get one of these or something like it.  Brewing supply places have them and they use the same gas cans people use for barbeques.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000291GBQ/ref=asc_df_B000291GBQ5405454/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B000291GBQ&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167145798705&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17758754810652128590&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033314&hvtargid=pla-273250500859

Also if you can deal with the wait you can steam sterilize grains for 8 hours in a pot with water.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Edited by elasticaltiger (03/16/18 04:06 AM)

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Portable stove Question for my PC: Infrared? electric ceramic? induction adapter? Butane gas? [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25068040 - 03/16/18 07:29 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

A small portable butane stove works just fine for a presto 23qt, I've done it before. Like this https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-Portable-Outdoor-Butane-Stove/dp/B000LGYOX2/ref=sr_1_5?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1521206915&sr=1-5&keywords=butane+stove. You should be able to buy one at any asian grocery marketplace in europe.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

OfflineTheBearJew
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Portable stove Question for my PC: Infrared? electric ceramic? induction adapter? Butane gas? [Re: sandman420]
    #25068317 - 03/16/18 09:57 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Ok thanks guys for the input. Ill try out the gas then.

--------------------
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder