Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDiosocragenes
Stranger

First pins!! & Contam Advice [Updated]
    #25060621 - 03/13/18 01:50 PM (6 years, 7 days ago)

Hello all, my noob self attempted a GH fruiting chamber as my first FC and failed terribly :smile: I had a coir/verm tray that was in there for a week maybe more which I turned into a mini dub tub to try fruiting it like that, it's had a rough time. But it worked and I have a good amount of pins forming. Very exciting to my noob self, thank you shroomery community for if it was not for you I would not have gotten this far.

As I said the tray has been through a lot, wasn't put in optimal fruiting conditions at first, then as mini dub tub. On the bottom of the tray I have noticed a pool of greenish water which worries me a bit because I'm not sure if it's a Contam or not. Here are pictures

If anyone could offer some insight or knowledge the help would be appreciated

Edited by Diosocragenes (03/15/18 07:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First pins!! & Contam Advice [Re: Diosocragenes]
    #25060773 - 03/13/18 02:54 PM (6 years, 7 days ago)

You definitely got some bacteria going on in there but it looks like you've already done all you can to recover a decent flush. Only thing I could suggest, if you want to go for a second is to find a way to gently rinse away the green water and gently wash the sides / bottom.

However since the mushrooms are in the middle of fruiting you should wait to do that until they finish which is only gonna make it sit in that shitty water longer.

Just let it go, get what you can and start a new project right away.

Nice save op. :thumbup:

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Offlinekingkc
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: First pins!! & Contam Advice [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25061006 - 03/13/18 04:20 PM (6 years, 7 days ago)

I would try to hydrate the coir if I were using the stuff. Looks like you have plenty of pins starting and that is why I suggest that the coir needs more water before you add whatever it is you add. I can see plenty of what appear to be nice pins , but , when I have any pins at all they are in the hundreds if they are at all there. Normally. But , I use horse dung as a base . I find that there are tons of horses asses all over the place and as a result , I find tons and tons of the stuff for free.
So , side pins mean there is enough water and a humid enough climate where they are popping up , but , not enough to support more than that , so , more water and maybe more closed system to keep humidity up.
Just an idea.

OfflineDiosocragenes
Stranger

#25062417 - 03/14/18 10:12 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
You definitely got some bacteria going on in there but it looks like you've already done all you can to recover a decent flush. Only thing I could suggest, if you want to go for a second is to find a way to gently rinse away the green water and gently wash the sides / bottom.

However since the mushrooms are in the middle of fruiting you should wait to do that until they finish which is only gonna make it sit in that shitty water longer.

Just let it go, get what you can and start a new project right away.

Nice save op. :thumbup:

Thank you for the response! The fruits are still going to be safe to eat? Also there are pins growing in the bacterial water, even if they look okay will they safe to eat? As far as other projects I have 2 other mini dub tubs in fruiting, about to put another in fruiting, have a separate one colonizing after spawning WBS, it’s not my only basket of eggs but of course I’d rather fruit every lil guy that I can. :smile:

OfflineDiosocragenes
Stranger

Re: First pins!! & Contam Advice [Re: kingkc]
    #25062430 - 03/14/18 10:18 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

There are slightly more pins on the top of substrate compared to when picture was taken  but I agree, nothing like I’ve seen. I believe my mistake was when initially made into a dub tub, I made a couple holes and used microcode tape, too much FAE which dried it out, it was like this until I discovered a post about a guy explaining that there are no need for  any fae holes with mini dub tubs due to lack of imperfect fitting on top of each other. 2 others are in fruiting and I did not make any fae holes with those, curious to see a difference...

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25062777 - 03/14/18 12:21 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

They will be safe to eat if you get them completely dry. Especially if you use a dehydrator with heat.

Though when I have a bacterial batch I prefer to make tea. Anytime I think theres contamination I use some form of heat to either dry them or prepare the trip.

Lord knows plenty of people have eaten grosser shrooms though.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

OfflineDiosocragenes
Stranger

#25062997 - 03/14/18 01:30 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Sweet good know. I was just going to let them dry naturally/fan although since I plan on going the bulk path it would be a good idea to invest in one. Making tea makes sense, as the boiling would sterilize

Edited by Diosocragenes (03/14/18 01:33 PM)

OfflineDiosocragenes
Stranger

#25066627 - 03/15/18 07:32 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Update,

Coming along nicely!

Just picked those few, making a my first spore print with the biggest one :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate