Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHunt4Em
Stranger
Spawn Jars Never Germinated
    #25066431 - 03/15/18 05:58 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I've done a quite few simple grows with MS, never moved beyond that but have been happy with the results I've always gotten. Well around 2 months ago I started 12 jars with 2 separate syringes,  like I normally would and not a single one of them has had any growth whatsoever.

This is the second time(3rd syringe) this has happened, and both times the spores were received from the same place. I'm having a hard time believing it's where I got them from, as it's one of the top suggestions, but its been the only common denominator between the two times this happened.

Any ideas whatsoever what could have caused this beside a bad syringe? Temps were kept around 70f, jars are WBS prepped the same way I've always prepped them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawn Jars Never Germinated [Re: Hunt4Em]
    #25066457 - 03/15/18 06:12 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Hunt4Em said:
I've done a quite few simple grows with MS, never moved beyond that but have been happy with the results I've always gotten. Well around 2 months ago I started 12 jars with 2 separate syringes,  like I normally would and not a single one of them has had any growth whatsoever.

This is the second time(3rd syringe) this has happened, and both times the spores were received from the same place. I'm having a hard time believing it's where I got them from, as it's one of the top suggestions, but its been the only common denominator between the two times this happened.

Any ideas whatsoever what could have caused this beside a bad syringe? Temps were kept around 70f, jars are WBS prepped the same way I've always prepped them.

2 syringes for 12 jars seems excessive. How are you prepping your WBS? Are you using good sterile technique?

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

OfflineHunt4Em
Stranger
Re: Spawn Jars Never Germinated [Re: Tormato]
    #25067438 - 03/15/18 10:52 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't use the full 2 syringes between 12 jars, each jar only got around 1ml, just wanted to point out it wasn't just one syringe it happened to. For WBS prep I followed Franks WBS Prep the same way I always do, nothing different than ever before.

And as far as sterile technique, I mean it's MS so I'm doing the absolute best I can. Everything was cleaned thoroughly, syringe was flame sterilized between each inoculation. It's been two months and there's zero contams in any of the jars, so I don't think that's the issue, although I'm considering opening one of the jars to open air just to see if it will even grow contams.

Edited by Hunt4Em (03/15/18 10:52 PM)

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up

Trusted Cultivator
    #25067441 - 03/15/18 10:55 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

What's your jar lid design? If there is no GE then they will not germinate, I have had this problem.

Invisiblescrantonstrangler
Trip till nothins intense
Male

#25067444 - 03/15/18 11:02 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

that sucks man. toss them jars though. if at first you dont succeed and whatnot.

Might be too wet. If you have cracked corn in wbs try the vermiculite on the bottom jar trick I think 1/3 inch dry layer. then load jars. resolves excess water. Also 2cc slow stream straight down when injecting is what I like. then I leave till 30% sand shake. It sometimes makes a perfect line from top to bottom of myc and I hold it upsidedown to gauge 30% like a pie chart.

I have been getting a few free petri dishs a month from a friend now for a few years so it has been a while.

Yes, any holes and tyvek in the lids?

OfflineHunt4Em
Stranger
Re: Spawn Jars Never Germinated [Re: scrantonstrangler]
    #25068564 - 03/16/18 11:43 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, I've accepted it as a loss at this point, it just sucks because now I'm skeptical of buying spores and trying again.

Lids have SFDs and RTV ports, same design I've always used with no problems.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract