Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview
    #25065865 - 03/15/18 01:46 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I just started working for this place today officially and yesterday during my interview to get hired I was asked if this would be my only job, and I have another job and told them about it but I never mentioned that I have an interview coming up next week with another company because I figured they might not be so motivated to get me as many hours as quickly if I told them I have two jobs and am possibly getting another.  Never expected them to have me start today and start writing up schedules for me, but now that they are I have to somehow tell them not to schedule me the day I have the interview...if it wasn’t an interview with someone who could pay me more and a job I’d like more I’d just cancel it but I want the job and applied for it before I ever got hired at my current job.  I should of mentioned it earlier and I feel like if I tell them straight up what the situation is they will get pissed I didn’t tell them and pissed they wasted time on someone who’s possibly just going to leave right after being hired. 

I don’t want to lie and say I have an appointment because they might ask what kind of appointment, just out of being social and friendly, and I won’t know what to say.  I hate lying. 

What should I do guys?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: NOUS333]
    #25065871 - 03/15/18 01:48 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Lie.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: keyohnah]
    #25065879 - 03/15/18 01:52 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

keyohnah said:
Lie.

Noooooooo. 

What if I lie. They find out.  And the interview doesn’t go well.

OfflineUnsungHero
Endure & Persist

Loc: root@remotehost
Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: keyohnah]
    #25065884 - 03/15/18 01:54 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

How long were you at the current job?

Do you want/plan to use them/someone from the company as reference on future resume?

If you been there more than 6 months, just call in sick suddenly the morning of the interview.

Simply say Im not gonna come in today I am not feeling well. They should not expect a doctors note unless you have been out for more than 2 days.

--------------------
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear."

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: UnsungHero]
    #25065887 - 03/15/18 01:55 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

UnsungHero said:
How long were you at the current job?

Do you want/plan to use them/someone from the company as reference on future resume?

If you been there more than 6 months, just call in sick suddenly the morning of the interview.

Simply say Im not gonna come in today I am not feeling well. They should not expect a doctors note unless you have been out for more than 2 days.

I just started the new job today!

That’s why it’s such a weird situation for me.

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
    #25065889 - 03/15/18 01:57 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

who asks a random person what kind of appointment they have

wtf lol

if you're gonna lie, go extreme...say you have to get a lump examined. you'll kill the mood and they'll probably never ask again.

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

OfflineUnsungHero
Endure & Persist

#25065893 - 03/15/18 01:58 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Ah, well thats different. Sorry my lunch is wrapping up here so didnt read into detail.

In that case, you will need to make something up, that or decide which one is more important and flake on the other. :shrug:

I havent had this exact issue. But I have had 2 job offers on the table at same time. That was a tough decision.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: UnsungHero]
    #25065896 - 03/15/18 02:01 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

If it's a new job, just say you had a previously scheduled doctors appointment younmade before you knew what your schedule would be

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Invisibleremake
Male

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: NOUS333] * 1
    #25065902 - 03/15/18 02:04 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

In a perfect world, they'd understand.

But it's not always so terrible to bend reality now and then.

Remember, you are the universe, you are god. :peace:

I'm just joking, though, in a way...if they're nice, maybe tell the truth? I try not to lie, but it is hard sometimes...everybody does it in some capacity, it is what motivates us even...lying to ourselves.

If you want to read more on the benefits of lying, go to this link: boobtits.com.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: koods]
    #25065905 - 03/15/18 02:06 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

bro, don't tell your job that you need time off for another job interview. you never do that. just make up another excuse,  but defiantly don't tell them that. say your gonna be running late because of personal issues or something. tell them now so they now to expect you late. Always keep it a secret to your current employer that your looking for more work. then let them know when you found another job

OfflineUnsungHero
Endure & Persist

Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: remake]
    #25065911 - 03/15/18 02:08 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

You are left with a couple options really.

1. Make some obligation up, that you forgot aboit before taking the job, or suddenly call in sick etc. If they understand, that is good and they are understanding.

2. Reschedule your interview.

--------------------

Invisiblekeyohnah
the proverbial mind spread
Female

#25065912 - 03/15/18 02:09 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

If you tell them it's for a job interview, you're probably going to fuck yourself. No employer that you just started with is going to be happy with you taking time off to get a new job. Your best bet is to lie and say it's for a medical appointment. That way your safe if the interview doesn't go well. You don't want them trying to figure out a replacement for you before you even have a new job or for them to think that you don't plan on staying with them because if you're not showing them loyalty, why would they show you any? It's a job, it's not a relationship or a friendship. Lie.

Quote:

shadyy said:
who asks a random person what kind of appointment they have

wtf lol

if you're gonna lie, go extreme...say you have to get a lump examined. you'll kill the mood and they'll probably never ask again.

soup knows where it's at, go really awkward with it.

--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: Ogla]
    #25065913 - 03/15/18 02:09 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I don't believe in lieing unless it's against the system

I lost a job a few months ago cause it was minimum wage and I said I plan on being here til I find a job that I can actually pay the bills with

So yeah just call in sick and don't tell your manager or helle most likely screw you over  and lay you off

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

OfflineADCC420
Male

Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: remake]
    #25065915 - 03/15/18 02:09 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I need my day off on saturday to go to a psytrance festival So im gonna lie as well.

I will tell my boss that my grandma its dying and that it will probably be the last time I see her.
Also I will tell him that she lives in another city so that way I wont be able to come work on saturday. Even if he doesn't approve i dont give a fuck i want to dance and we only have one life:vibin:.

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: Ogla] * 1
    #25065916 - 03/15/18 02:09 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

I once asked for a extra time at lunch one day to make a doctor's appointment and ended up going to an interview.

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: SunnyD]
    #25065922 - 03/15/18 02:12 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

it's OK to lie sometimes. if fact, I got alota further lieing than being truthful. of course it's always good to be honest,  but sometimes honesty get you nowhere. it's necessary to lie sometimes to get certain things done. just keep it to yourself.  a lot of people think of it as a game :wink:

Invisibleremake
Male

Loc: South Africa Flag
    #25065941 - 03/15/18 02:19 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

It's a game, until it fucking rips you limb from limb...just remember...It's all fun and games until you meet pure, hardcore REALITY. Smacking you in your face with all might, sending you to the figurative and literal version of earthly HELL.

But, the lie seems to be in good interest, so...I think you're okay. I checked the crystal ball, god says it's cool, as long as you don't hurt anyone. :heart:

Life is not a game...this shit's real dudes. It's actually real. No joke. :peace:

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#25065947 - 03/15/18 02:21 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Many places are required to let you use time off if earned. However since you're new you don't have any time off.

Tell them you had a previous engagement.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: Ogla] * 1
    #25065967 - 03/15/18 02:29 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Fuck.  This is so hard.  I would feel more comfortable making a real doctors appointment the day of the interview just so I can tell myself I didn’t lie.  I wish I could just not give a fuck like some of you.  I know chances are good I’d even get away with it but I just hate lying so bad.

Fuck.  I like the people at my current job too. If they were assholes I would lie no problem but they are good people. They’ve already talked about pay n hours getting better in long run so don’t want to risk fuckin this gig up and not even landing the other one.  I don’t know any way around just telling them. And I can’t imagine things being the same once I do. So.  The fuck....  maybe I could figure out when I’m not working and just call the job I’m interviewing for and explain why  I need to reschedule. They’d probably understand

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: How do I tell my new boss I need day off for interview [Re: SunnyD]
    #25066070 - 03/15/18 03:20 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

SunnyD said:
I don't believe in lieing unless it's against the system

I lost a job a few months ago cause it was minimum wage and I said I plan on being here til I find a job that I can actually pay the bills with

So yeah just call in sick and don't tell your manager or helle most likely screw you over  and lay you off

Calling in sick your first week is not getting off to a good start

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom