Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJonEveryman88
ಠ_ಠ
 User Gallery

Loc: Land of Maple Syrup Flag
Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid
    #25057903 - 03/12/18 08:33 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

http://abc3340.com/news/local/over-40-pounds-of-psychedelic-mushrooms-seized-in-shelby-county-drug-raid

Quote:

ALABASTER, Ala. — Investigators with the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force seized over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms at a residence on the 200 block of Fran Drive in Alabaster.

4 pounds of high-grade marijuana, multiple firearms, and more than $25,000 in cash was also seized from the residence following the execution of a search warrant on August 11.

The home contained an elaborate laboratory used to harvest the mushrooms, and prepare them for sale.

Five suspects were arrested at the scene and charged with trafficking in marijuana, and possession of a controlled substance. Those arrested have been identified as James Michael Hipp, 36, Behn M. Wartenburg, 36, Thomas William Anderson, 22, Walter Clarence Stewart, 28, and Gavrielle Elyce Gunn, 20.

"We have seen an increase in the possession and use of psychedelic mushrooms among our middle school and high school students. I am relieved that this operation has been shut down, and lives have been potentially saved from the possible fatal effects of psilocybin," said Lt. Clay Hammac, Commander of the Drug Task Force.

The high-grade marijuana discovered at the residence was from Colorado, California, and Oregon and purchased by the suspected drug dealers.

Lt. Hammac says, "Regardless of the popular public opinion of marijuana, it is illegal - plain and simple. As for the argument of medical value, it's not relevant in this criminal case. I can confirm that the young adults buying from these armed drug dealers were not attempting to teat an illness; they simply wanted to get high."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleclockwork228
Perpetual Student
 User Gallery

Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: JonEveryman88] * 3
    #25058069 - 03/12/18 10:35 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

JonEveryman88 said:
"...and lives have been potentially saved from the possible fatal effects of psilocybin,"

goddamit :banghead:

--------------------
Om Mani Padme Hum

Om Ah Hum Vajra Guru Padma Siddhi Hum

InvisibleJonEveryman88
ಠ_ಠ
 User Gallery

Loc: Land of Maple Syrup Flag
Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: clockwork228] * 1
    #25058085 - 03/12/18 10:43 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

clockwork228 said:
Quote:

JonEveryman88 said:
"...and lives have been potentially saved from the possible fatal effects of psilocybin,"

goddamit :banghead:

:lol:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: JonEveryman88]
    #25058147 - 03/12/18 11:25 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

2 in one day? Or is it the same one? Looks like two separate incidents

Dont grow with friends

Then again this was a dealing operation (*it seems from info given*, who knows) so at least its not like some guy or a group of people just growing their own mushrooms.

Not that its ever okay to be arrested for freakin mushrooms. Guns arent neccesarily a big deal either, nor is cannabis. But mushrooms. FUCKKKK! That changes everything.

Imagine the same bust with just a ton of weed and guns. Officers prolly take some home, no biggie.

But this is Alabama, home of Jeff Sessions. And they dont take kindly to no hippie shit, no sirrie

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Invisibleimpatientguy
Ganjalf a very mighty lab wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: JonEveryman88]
    #25058178 - 03/12/18 11:50 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

JonEveryman88 said:

The home contained an elaborate laboratory used to harvest the mushrooms, and prepare them for sale.

Lolol  a pair of scissors and a dehydrator?

Lots of cops are dumb AF.

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #25058324 - 03/12/18 01:22 PM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Trust no one, tell no one. Loose lips sink ships.

It's a tragedy and I feel for these guys. Lives ruined for nothing. Again. How many times have I typed out these words on similar threads? I feel like I've written this same message a hundred times, and I'm sure I'll write it a hundred more. What the fuck is wrong with humanity?

Edited by nooneman (03/12/18 01:24 PM)

OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

Loc: Up in the UnderWorld
Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: nooneman]
    #25058732 - 03/12/18 04:23 PM (6 years, 18 days ago)

3 or 4 years  ago I wouldn't have even blinked at a case like this.
NOW IT JUST PISSES ME OFF!!!

What about the potential lives saved by psilocybin, literally!
A very close friend of mine was verging on suicide and was handed a heroic dose.
Now I'm not saying it magically gave him an instant change, but over a few weeks he seems like a completely different person(in a good way).

A bag of mushrooms did what antidepressants could not and here's some asshole cop touting how good of a job he's done.

Now I understand.....

Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

Loc: rural ghetto
Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: Dark lotus]
    #25059145 - 03/12/18 07:55 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

40lbs including the weight of the glass quart jars...and the myceliated GRAINS along with it.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: pablokabute]
    #25059846 - 03/13/18 06:19 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

I dont even tell my friends anymore

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineUrban biologist
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: pablokabute]
    #25059986 - 03/13/18 07:54 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

40 lbs of shrooms and 4 lbs of cannabis? Just look at how much more bud than shrooms they have.....moreover does that even look like 4 lbs? I don't think so!

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: Urban biologist]
    #25060321 - 03/13/18 11:08 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

definitely looks like ~4lbs of cannabis to me and I sold 20-30 lbs of weed a month for several years :shrug:

The shrooms though...40 lbs? jar and substrate weight, maybe.......

--------------------

OfflineO_Dweeds
Humanitarian Magician

Loc: Molecular (Creating, Watc...
Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25060491 - 03/13/18 12:46 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Fucking vice cops doing what vice cops do; showing up to ruin the party.

Was the drug physically addictive in any way?  No
Was the drug possible to give an overdose?    No
Was anyone physically hurt?                    Only by these boys in blue

With how rapidly cannabis has shifted in the country, mushrooms will too as they fall under many of the same health benefits, even more so in some ways, and are just as safe from a health standpoint.

And then a pure 100% disgusting fucking lie from this guy.
"possible fatal effects of psilocybin," said Lt. Clay Hammac, Commander of the Drug Task Force
You show me one pure psilocybin overdose & I'll show you a mouth full of shit. If cops remotely cared about the drugs that kill people you'd focus on the 2 that kill far and away the majority year after year after year. Alcohol & tobacco use.

--------------------
Oxygen. Water. Neil Young

Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer."

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace."
Gregg Allman

Edited by O_Dweeds (03/13/18 12:48 PM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: O_Dweeds]
    #25061979 - 03/14/18 04:26 AM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Its retarded how the bong is in with all the jars as if its lab equipment...what a joke

And yeah i bet each of those jars is "a pound". Lol. I think it has to be intended for consumption, which at the weight of the substrate, it is not. How is there no law preventing charging people with extraneous weight? (Grossly overweighing, like from maybe 2 lbs to 40lbs). If someone if just working with a lot of jars, does not mean they will have alot of shrooms. If they busted in on a newbie knocking up his first pf tek with 2 syringes, they could already say its a "multimillion dollar" operation, especially if theres an unfinished half ounce somewhere. And an empty syringe

:Smh: it is really is like the gestapo for mushroom growers. Get caught with a terrarium and your life is ruined. Now thats fucked. In Nordic countries its also usually illegal BUT you wouldnt be jailed like a meth producer for a mushroom terrarium.

InvisibleBluing
Subsecotioides Seeker

Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: Fractal420]
    #25064567 - 03/15/18 02:42 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

I'm not from your part of the world, but when I see statements like this :

"lives have been potentially saved from the possible fatal effects of psilocybin,"

from people like this :"Lt. Clay Hammac, Commander of the Drug Task Force"

I wonder why law enforcement in that country doesn't look at published research, on how lives are SAVED by the use of these substances. There must be a wonderful sense of self righteousness, evolved from ignorance, in positions of power - provided to the uneducated.

P.S. My own son's life was saved, from an opiate addiction that was killing him, due a very large single dose of psilocybin. He is a completely different young man now.

--------------------
"I am......I am here......and I love"

Forgive Yourself,...Forgive Yourself,...I love You,...Forgive Yourself

Mycology is good for the Soul

Edited by Bluing (03/16/18 04:42 PM)

OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

Loc: Up in the UnderWorld
Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: Bluing]
    #25064689 - 03/15/18 04:48 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

Amen to that.

I have known many people who have taken psilocybin, some on/off, some regularly, some once and then never again.
In all of these instances I have NEVER heard of anyone being hurt.

The worst reports I've gotten are people saying they have had enough and don't think they'll be touching it for a long time if ever again.

on the other hand I have spoken to people who took one or two trips and months later are still telling me how its still changing their lives.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: Dark lotus]
    #25064691 - 03/15/18 04:51 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

It is the truth. Mushrooms heal. Cannabis doesnt even truly "heal". Tryptamines can

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineMigraineGirl
Female

Re: Over 40 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms seized in Shelby County drug raid [Re: Fractal420]
    #25065281 - 03/15/18 10:27 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

This is my very first post here. I started microdosing shrooms a little over a year ago. I haven't had enough of a supply to trip yet, though that will change soon. I take it for migraines,  and it has truly changed my life already. I was getting at least 6 migraines a month,  burning through expensive Prescription meds with horrible side effects. I acquired about 13g of psilocybin almost a year ago,  and I am finally on my last couple doses.  I hope to make that last until I have a steady supply, which I estimate will be in about 6 weeks. In the past year,  I've only taken the microdose with the onset of a migraine,  I didn't take maintenance doses in fear of using up my supply. I haven't taken any of my prescriptions in that year,  and with each dose my migraine episodes have reduced in strength and onset. My last onset of migraine was about 5 weeks ago, with the previous migraine being 6-8 months prior. I've also stopped taking the two depression medications I was on. So I agree that these truly do save lives, and people need to see that. It's sad that these were confiscated, especially if they were being used for people who need them for health reasons. Even recreationally,  I agree with someone else's thread that alcohol and tobacco are far more dangerous.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale