Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealdo_montoya
Stranger
Lord of the Bulk Tek Fails
    #25064220 - 03/14/18 09:57 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

So I've been doing PF tek for years and over that time, I've tried bulk tek many many times, all failing completely. Its quite a mystery to me. In all that time, I've had one, and only one, tray fruit. Colonization? No problem. But never any pins/fruits.

Here is a pic of one of my current trays. I've seen these furry strands before- they are the herald of coming failure. Any idea what my be wrong? I am currently misting/fanning twice per day. The bulk is a 1:2 (wbs spawn/substrate). The substrate mix is 60% coco coir, 20% verm, 15% earthworm castings, 5% gypsum. There is a thin layer of verm on top, misted down as a casing layer.

Thanks for reading!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

Loc: rural ghetto
Re: Lord of the Bulk Tek Fails [Re: aldo_montoya]
    #25064236 - 03/14/18 10:06 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

try leaving out the castings next time... castings and spent coffee are known to cause problems with bulk...

--------------------

Fermented Mushrooms!!
--- https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23378638/fpart/1/vc/1

'The second seal: “All CONTAMINATED things and events are unsatisfactory.”'

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all - you live in THE HEART OF THE BEAST."

--Anonymous Guerilla, or is he..

OfflineThedillestpickle
cultured
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
    #25064240 - 03/14/18 10:07 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Mist less and be more suspicious of your spawn. 

Here's an example of good spawn

It's not thick white.  Thick white and hard to break apart indicates hidden bacteria. 

It should be easy to crumble.  And you should be able to see the grain.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: Lord of the Bulk Tek Fails [Re: Thedillestpickle]
    #25064245 - 03/14/18 10:10 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

:shrug: idk. looks like it'll push out some fruits to me. Looks a tad on the dry side. Slightly bacterial and a lack of fresh air exchange as well. open some of those holes up. or fruit it in a proper sgfc or monotub.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

OfflineThedillestpickle
cultured
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Lord of the Bulk Tek Fails [Re: Ziran]
    #25064260 - 03/14/18 10:18 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Yea the fruiting chamber looks pretty unusual. 

Also I've heard that spawning into tinfoil can lead to the mycelium eating the tinfoil... which I hardly believe, but if it happens please let me know, I'd be very interested to see this.

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #25064439 - 03/15/18 12:31 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Those strands you speak of are not harbingers of impending room. They are quite normal on a cased substrate. Even a top layer of coir can produce Aerial myc. I think it's beautiful and see it often.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: Lord of the Bulk Tek Fails [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #25064447 - 03/15/18 12:40 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

verum subsequentis said:
Those strands you speak of are not harbingers of impending room. They are quite normal on a cased substrate. Even a top layer of coir can produce Aerial myc. I think it's beautiful and see it often.

yeppers :thumbup:

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Offlineleafygreens
StrangerThings
Male User Gallery

#25064568 - 03/15/18 02:44 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Thedillestpickle said:
Yea the fruiting chamber looks pretty unusual. 

Also I've heard that spawning into tinfoil can lead to the mycelium eating the tinfoil... which I hardly believe, but if it happens please let me know, I'd be very interested to see this.

The First time I did pf cakes and aluminium trays, they ate the foil and tray. Small holes after lifting cakes but I just replaced the foil, the trays well if i didn't line it with something the tray would slowly be eaten away. I use 66qt monos and shoe boxes after all that which around june when I first started. Its interesting that mushies can eat almost anything in its path

--------------------
Joke's on you, we still alive

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #25064686 - 03/15/18 04:44 AM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Build a proper sgfc, learn to use agar,learn basic teks and boom 2 months from now you'll have a qp of shrooms.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Loc: Under the Viel Flag
Re: Lord of the Bulk Tek Fails [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25064773 - 03/15/18 06:42 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
Build a proper sgfc, learn to use agar,learn basic teks and boom 2 months from now you'll have a qp of shrooms.

Ehh that's pushing it a bit but in retrospect with the right tek's, agar, and a good clone you can have a qp+ in like 3 months.

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: Lord of the Bulk Tek Fails [Re: Shrooms4life]
    #25064785 - 03/15/18 06:56 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Dont stick your dick in haft way if your trying to fuck.
You can have 5lbs in 2 months if your gangster :cool:

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Loc: Under the Viel Flag
    #25064793 - 03/15/18 07:03 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Please explain your time frames from a noobs perspective cause I know what I'm doing and couldn't pull 5 pounds in 2 months lol.

I mean shit just to spawn and fruit for 1st flush will take up close to a month of time... so you've got 1 month to get agar down pack, pick a super good (hopefully) isolate or sector that will perform well again hopefully and make a fuck ton of grains and start wedges to grains within the first week of doing agar.. let's be on the safe side and say 10 days to colonize the grain jars and you aren't working with much time to do Jack shit lol..

This is all factoring you do everything perfect and correct on the 1st go at it... give ham, bod, or lots of these other big guys 2 months and yes pounds will flow but for your everyday personal grower it's a stretchhhhhh!

Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

#25064847 - 03/15/18 07:40 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Please explain your time frames from a noobs perspective cause I know what I'm doing and couldn't pull 5 pounds in 2 months lol.

I mean shit just to spawn and fruit for 1st flush will take up close to a month of time... so you've got 1 month to get agar down pack, pick a super good (hopefully) isolate or sector that will perform well again hopefully and make a fuck ton of grains and start wedges to grains within the first week of doing agar.. let's be on the safe side and say 10 days to colonize the grain jars and you aren't working with much time to do Jack shit lol..

This is all factoring you do everything perfect and correct on the 1st go at it... give ham, bod, or lots of these other big guys 2 months and yes pounds will flow but for your everyday personal grower it's a stretchhhhhh!

maybe if you make a liquid inoculant or liquid culture, tons of inoculation points.. it could make things a bit on the fast track... liquid inoculant is especially faster since you dont have to colonize your liquid culture media...

--------------------

Fermented Mushrooms!!

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all - you live in THE HEART OF THE BEAST."

Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

Re: Lord of the Bulk Tek Fails [Re: pablokabute]
    #25064849 - 03/15/18 07:42 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

gimme a flowhood and Id be big. xD

--------------------

Fermented Mushrooms!!

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

#25064905 - 03/15/18 08:45 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Seconded on aluminum. My first bulk looked worse than that, and about five or six days in I noticed after a heavy mist ( was fruiting that green nasty puppy outside and it got mega shrunk) I noticed water running down the shelf. Picked up tray and it was like pitted holes all underneath it.

For my man lemur and his 5lbs in 2 months, I think he's just saying think bigger.

Agar wedge from clean plate into 5 clean quarts. Shake on day 8 or 10 whatever. Finish by day 20 I'm guessing, maybe sooner? Each quart G2G to 10 quarts. You now have 50 colonized quarts by day 30 or 35 pretty easy Right?

That's ten tubs if you wanted to do a 5qt tub.

Same exact timeframe, just another $30 in jars. Pretty small investment if that was my goal.

Also if that was my goal, I would immediately start with MS to agar, who cares about an isolate, don't waste time on that at all, each of the five wuarts could be different agar wedges from MS plates use these ten tubs, pick a few badass performers out of the 1000s and clone it. Skip that whole long step.

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

#25064906 - 03/15/18 08:46 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

pablokabute said:
gimme a flowhood and Id be big. xD

Dang buddy!

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#25064922 - 03/15/18 08:58 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Hey i didnt say it be easy:lol: but assuming you have a slant you can do it if u pull some over nighters, 1st month spawn building 2nd is for fruiting, if i can do it anyone of yall can.

If you get down with slurrys you can colonize a qt in 3 days then we can do 20lbs!!!:smilingpuppy:

--------------------

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

#25064939 - 03/15/18 09:13 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Lmao

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate