Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHeinrik
Stranger

Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever?
    #25063776 - 03/14/18 07:20 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: Heinrik]
    #25063827 - 03/14/18 07:33 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

A lot of people do, but I've also heard of quite a few older people still journeying.

I don't see myself stopping completely, but I'm sure Ill change the reasons I use them for, and how much/how often.

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: feevers]
    #25063880 - 03/14/18 07:47 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

I am sure there are many older heads that still take trips.  My guess is the ones who trip into old age don't do it frequently, or microdose, and probably do it for therapeutic / spiritual reasons. 

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

Edited by Psicomb (03/14/18 07:48 PM)

OfflineDMTGnome
DMT Elf
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: Psicomb] * 2
    #25064038 - 03/14/18 08:54 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

When you get the message, [you can] hang up the phone. - Alan Watts.

--------------------
https://Psychedelia.space Home of the Akashic Record, the most detailed experience report Data driven engine available.

Harm Reduction Chat-Tripsit, works from PC and Mobile Phones.

DMT Monster Manual - Experience Report Trove

Edited by DMTGnome (03/14/18 08:55 PM)

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: DMTGnome]
    #25064050 - 03/14/18 09:01 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

When I die I'm pretty sure I won't be able to trip anymore.

Honestly though I don't know. I'd like to think that maybe I will stop my use and still maintain a respect toward these substance but at the same time I just don't know :shrug:

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

OfflineUnsungHero
Endure & Persist

Loc: root@remotehost
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: DMTGnome] * 1
    #25064054 - 03/14/18 09:03 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

"It's not an answering machine. It's a teacher. You have an on-going dialog with this thing. It's not like it's one big download, you get the message, and then you hang up the phone. You continue the conversation, because you still have a lot to learn."

-Dennis McKenna

--------------------
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear."

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: UnsungHero] * 2
    #25064085 - 03/14/18 09:14 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

DMTGnome said:
When you get the message, [you can] hang up the phone. - Alan Watts.

Quote:

UnsungHero said:
"It's not an answering machine. It's a teacher. You have an on-going dialog with this thing. It's not like it's one big download, you get the message, and then you hang up the phone. You continue the conversation, because you still have a lot to learn."

-Dennis McKenna

It's all up to each individual and their own path in this life. Even for people who choose not to use psychedelics or any substance for that matter in their lives. No one path is greater than another.

Alan Watts and Dennis McKenna are two pretty different people who had/have their own personal paths in life.

"There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same." ~Chinese proverb

Find your own path and take it.

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

Edited by Plain (03/14/18 09:15 PM)

Offlinedr.alkaline
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: Heinrik]
    #25064141 - 03/14/18 09:31 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

At least in my social experience it is very rare to see someone continue to use psychedelics after trying them a few times in youth. If I could wedge my opinion in, I think that most people that try things like shrooms with the expectation that they are more recreational than they really are.

Offlinetriphead9428
Stranger
Male
Loc: VA
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: dr.alkaline]
    #25064398 - 03/14/18 11:53 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

psychedelics seem to have a short time span of use in my opinion. Half the people who take psychedelics seem to only take it once or twice and never again. Even people who do go on to become regular users don't use them for very long. I'm not sure if I'll use them when I'm older for a number of reasons. 1. Psychedelics are a very long trip and I probably simply won't have the time to use them anymore. 2. I probably won't know where to even get them anymore. 3. I will need to make sure that nothing I do could cause me to lose my job. 4. I might just not need to use them anymore.

That being said. I might still trip on a very rare basis. Especially if they become decriminalized/legalized, which, given that the US is becoming much more enlightened on drugs lately, is a strong possibility in the future, especially if we elect someone like Bernie Sanders in 2020.

Offlinetriphead9428
Stranger
Male
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: dr.alkaline]
    #25064417 - 03/15/18 12:16 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

dr.alkaline said:
At least in my social experience it is very rare to see someone continue to use psychedelics after trying them a few times in youth. If I could wedge my opinion in, I think that most people that try things like shrooms with the expectation that they are more recreational than they really are.

I don't know why people say that. Psychedelics are incredibly fun. Its truly an amazing experience. I've tried a lot of drugs. I've tried tobacco, alcohol, benzos, weed, ecstasy, DXM, LSD, shrooms, kratom, opiate pills, and cocaine. Out of all these drugs, I've found that LSD and shrooms were easily the most fun out of all of them. Psychedelics have more to them than just the recreational aspect, but its ridiculous to claim that there's little to no recreational value in them and that its only spiritual. I think the reason why a lot of people only use them once or twice, is in-fact because they are so powerful. I think its actually difficult to prepare for a proper psychedelic trip and that it overwhelms a lot of people on their first try. I mean, I have a lot of courage and am very non-conformist and even I almost got overwhelmed by the LSD peak the first time I took it. Thankfully though, it was also an amazing experience and I loved it. Psychedelics are the most fun thing you can do in the drug world but its also some of the hardest. Psychedelics aren't easy on you, even if they are one of the safest drugs. Cocaine and alcohol, on the other hand, gives you lots of confidence and courage. Unwarranted amounts of confidence, which is the main reason why they are very popular. They're also not very psychoactive though, which is why a lot of people find it strange when someone uses them alone and sees it as a sign of addiction. Using weed or psychedelics alone is perfectly normal though.

OnlineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: triphead9428]
    #25064515 - 03/15/18 01:59 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

In answer to the title: yeah, probably most. But not everyone. (apart from the mortal state we live in)

I've been doing them on and off for more than 20 years. But I could easily see the day where I just never feel like doing it again. But then again the urge might take me... and I would not deny myself if I thought it was the right thing to do.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #25064775 - 03/15/18 06:42 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

I am still doing moderate while many who are in my age cohort have stopped.

I probably would still be smoking pot instead if my wife/social responsibility permitted it, and if I were smoking pot, I would not be doing lysergamides.
Alcohol is rough on my system, too much dehydration and hangover.
Pot is pleasurable but dulling.
Mushrooms and LSD suit my personality and lifestyle, but I seldom take more than half hits and usually take quarters or thirds which is more than microdosing.
age-66yrs

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMadcapper144
Drummer
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: redgreenvines] * 1
    #25066096 - 03/15/18 03:31 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

It's funny I've only ever tripped a few times on the rare occasion someone had it. Now I've found this site and can produce endless amounts. I've always wanted a massive supply and just trip regularly but I wonder how I'll feel in a year or so?

--------------------
Buy the ticket, take the ride!! :fearandloathing:

OfflineMushMaggot
Fibonacci'r
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: Madcapper144] * 1
    #25066731 - 03/15/18 08:19 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

we do die eventually so everyone who does or did psychedelics will stop doing them forever

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: MushMaggot]
    #25066779 - 03/15/18 08:39 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Says who? You can't say that reincarnation isn't a possibility and we have already been tripping in countless lives.

I often wonder if one day I will have to get by in life without taking psychedelics....

It makes me wonder...

I go eat mushrooms and contemplate...

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: Enkidu]
    #25066788 - 03/15/18 08:42 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Most people stop using psychedelics, they are simply too powerful to fit into the average persons life especially in a culture that doesn't recognize the other dimensions of consciousness they show you. But there are  people like Timothy Leary who used psychedelics for decades and I've read that ayahuasceros and Maria Sabina (the lady who introduced psilocybin mushrooms to Gordon Wasson) used psychedelics frequently for much of their lives.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Offlinejimgerryrig
Stranger

#25066797 - 03/15/18 08:47 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

i think they just evolve to more potent psychedelics dmt on the peak of an acid trip is childs play compared to true reality.

--------------------

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: jimgerryrig]
    #25066814 - 03/15/18 08:52 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

What is this true reality you speak of...?

The illusive "true reality"....

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Offlinejimgerryrig
Stranger

Re: Do you think everyone who does psychedelics will eventually stop doing them forever? [Re: Enkidu]
    #25066816 - 03/15/18 08:53 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

yeah the only true reality, believing in a god or coincidence or whatever, maybe puppet aliens getting paid to play a video game IRL, and were the characters they had to choose from.

--------------------

Offlinetriphead9428
Stranger
Male
    #25066841 - 03/15/18 09:02 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:
Says who? You can't say that reincarnation isn't a possibility and we have already been tripping in countless lives.

I often wonder if one day I will have to get by in life without taking psychedelics....

It makes me wonder...

I go eat mushrooms and contemplate...

Reincarnation is not just a possibility. It is completely consistent with the way that nature works. Everything in this universe gets recycled somehow. Water enters our bodies, gets peed out, moves through the ground and gets filtered by the ground and eventually moves into water streams where it will be drunk again. Dead bodies don't just disappear into thin air, they decompose until they become fertilizer for the ground which allows plants to grow. Plants don't just die either, they also decompose and become fertilizer for the ground. Stars blow up and all those elements get spread around the galaxy to be absorbed into planets or other stars. Nothing ever just goes away, so why would our lives?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder