Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Super Nintendo: Concave X & Y?
    #25063738 - 03/14/18 07:02 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Which will you choose?
Well?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/14/18 03:33 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Super Nintendo: Concave X & Y? [Re: Robo]
    #25067760 - 03/16/18 02:19 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

I’d probably reach for the concave given the choice.  I’d still put the smack down with the colorful one tho..:smug:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Super Nintendo: Concave X & Y? [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #25079327 - 03/21/18 06:13 AM (6 years, 10 days ago)

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/custom-buttons

Now you don't have to choose. But convex, colourful buttons are clearly superior and anyone whose fingers actually fit in the concave ones is a little girly hands who can't complete the first level of Mario World.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Super Nintendo: Concave X & Y? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #25104720 - 03/31/18 02:11 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

This is a very important and historical debate.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #25104792 - 03/31/18 02:54 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Obviously I grew up on the bottom concave one, but I think overall the top is superior. It looks better visually, it's more consistent, and I bet it feels better to use.

Still, the bottom one was damn fine. IMO the SNES controller is probably the second best controller of all time, right after the original PSX controller.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Super Nintendo: Concave X & Y? [Re: nooneman] * 1
    #25126479 - 04/09/18 06:05 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

The colored buttons make a difference. Maybe it's a placebo but I was stuck near the end of Zelda for a couple weeks - after switching buttons I was kicking ass. Also this frustrating ass SMW level that I probably attempted 50 times, suddenly I breeze through first go. It's like you really are at a slight disadvantage with the stock ones. I got two Euro controllers but noticed they were a different shade of grey, meant to match the Super Famicom color. So I put the buttons in my stock controllers.  :autism:

I'm probably in the minority when I say I like the looks of the North American SNES. I like the symmetrical purple switches, and think it looks nice with the colored buttons.

OfflineTHT
Stranger

Re: Super Nintendo: Concave X & Y? [Re: Robo] * 1
    #25142360 - 04/16/18 12:12 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Now that's dedication! I have a few of the asciiPad controllers with the turbo/auto switches with the Euro/Japan motif and it's really comfortable. Convex is just better for moving between buttons and it makes a difference on some intense games, especially on the Y button! I remember getting blisters on my fingers from stuff like Weaponlord on those crappy concave buttons.

InvisibleByrain

#25142827 - 04/16/18 08:38 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I voted stal because I don't really care, but if I had to choose the 'Super Famicon" logo looks better than "Super Nintendo".

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
664 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.029 seconds on 19 queries.