Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJourneyToAbyss
Stranger
 User Gallery

Substrate size and number of flushes question
    #25062433 - 03/14/18 12:19 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so I have about a two pound tray of broken down pf cakes spawned to horse manure base substrate (50-50). First flush was much more than expected and am very pleased (first time grow). However the substrate has a lot of bluing most likely from dryness and is coming up on second flush with lots of pins but half of them are aborts and still more seem to be aborting. I dunked them for 4 hours yesterday and placed back in fc and growth is still obvious I just don’t like all the aborts. (First flush didn’t even produce one and now they’re everywhere. I mist sides of sgfc often and I also mist the surface of the substrate lightly and am constantly noticing more pins. So long story short. Is this normal for a second flush. And is this due to substrate being too dry even after dunk? Or is it lack of nutrients? And if I made say a 3ib substrate of grains and horse poo (1-2 spawn to sub) would  this have a better potential for more mushrooms than say a 2ib 50-50 substrate? Any experienced answers or educated speculation is mush appreciated (pun intended)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale