Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThirdeye369
cloud walkin

Loc: galaxy far far away
Bay Area Hunting:Did I arrive too late for the after party?
    #25062366 - 03/14/18 11:46 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Hello! Curious, since I'm not from the Area or anything, is the season out for actives and magic? I'll be in the Bay Area for only a handful of days and I intend on traveling north towards Muir redwoods and mayyyyyyybe Santa Rosa. I know that the main wet season probably passed me, but coming up from the south, it seems like it's still winter time with the cold weather and cold wind and rain showers.

Tried my luck in some parks, but came up with nothing. Maybe a cool Blewit, which might make for some good recipes. But I think you know what I seek. Can't stay here forever, and I would like to know soon thank you. Just a confirmation on whether it's pointless to look for actives and magic right now or tips on what (non-specific) places to scout

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMushiNoob
Male

Loc: Israel
Re: Bay Area Hunting:Did I arrive too late for the after party? [Re: Thirdeye369]
    #25062390 - 03/14/18 11:59 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say probably always worth it to go out and check. At the worst you'll enjoy a nice little hike outside :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bay Area Hunting:Did I arrive too late for the after party? [Re: MushiNoob]
    #25062453 - 03/14/18 12:26 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Several people on Facebook have been posting active finds the past couple days - mostly Psilocybe cyanescens from the North Bay but also some P. allenii.

OfflineThundermuscle75
Penis, usually hard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Staring at woodchips.
Re: Bay Area Hunting:Did I arrive too late for the after party? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #25062592 - 03/14/18 01:26 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I've noticed some non active patches coming up around here that had been dormant for months.  Like the weather has them acting like it's fall again.

My only known local active patch isn't doing anything however.

I'm not in a very good area and haven't had time to hunt in better climes.

--------------------

"Rape ... Is a... can of apples" -Fiery

OfflineThirdeye369
cloud walkin

Loc: galaxy far far away
Re: Bay Area Hunting:Did I arrive too late for the after party? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #25062670 - 03/14/18 01:53 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Lol didn't know there was a facebook group. Don't know how safe it is to check it out tho, since I don't want my FB page linked to something as obvious as a shroom hunter page. Correct me if I'm being too paranoid lol.

But anyways, while I'm not asking for specific places, I'd like some better directions so I don't prod in the dark around the whole area. but should I stick to the forest, near the coast, or near urban areas? I'm trying the search bar but to no avail.
I am a complete newbie at this, if it's not obvious haha.  I rarely come up this far north, so I would like to at least try. Plus I do love a good hike so it's okay if I find nothing, cuz nature is beautiful!

OfflineSteveinshell
Male User Gallery

Loc: North So Cal Flag
Re: Bay Area Hunting:Did I arrive too late for the after party? [Re: Thirdeye369]
    #25062753 - 03/14/18 02:16 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

If you're into mycology you shouldn't worry about visiting a facebook page geared towards like minded individuals.  But to each his own.  Many people are into mushrooms not just active ones but edibles and others...

All this rain and lower temperatures should yield something... my Cinctulus patches are starting to pop.  So I would imagine it's definitely worth a look.

--------------------

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Bay Area Hunting:Did I arrive too late for the after party? [Re: Steveinshell]
    #25062916 - 03/14/18 03:02 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

:whathesaid:
I find all mushrooms facinating, they all have so much potential for benefiting mankind.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification