Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
A question for those with knowledge of Ca cannabis laws * 1
    #25060401 - 03/13/18 11:58 AM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Would it be legal to run a service business that administrates private citizens' personal grows?
Like, John Q Public brings his plants or feminized seeds to my facility, or purchases seeds from me.  I then grow the plants, harvest them, and the customer comes and picks up his harvest.  The service would be offered at a flat rate.  In effect, I would not be selling the cannabis, I would be selling the gardening space, equipment, and skill. 

Would I have to pay state excise taxes or local sales taxes, etc. for the cannabis grown in this way?

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebasqueshaman
Todays scapegoat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: A question for those with knowledge of Ca cannabis laws [Re: ballsalsa]
    #25060461 - 03/13/18 12:25 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Would it be legal to run a service business that administrates private citizens' personal grows?
Like, John Q Public brings his plants or feminized seeds to my facility, or purchases seeds from me.  I then grow the plants, harvest them, and the customer comes and picks up his harvest.  The service would be offered at a flat rate.  In effect, I would not be selling the cannabis, I would be selling the gardening space, equipment, and skill. 

Would I have to pay state excise taxes or local sales taxes, etc. for the cannabis grown in this way?

Ask enlil, he might know. Or perhaps call a tax attorney :shrug:

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: A question for those with knowledge of Ca cannabis laws [Re: basqueshaman]
    #25060483 - 03/13/18 12:41 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

I didn't want to clog his thread with frivolous questions.
It looks like it might be legal as long as I obtained a state license first, and the facility was far enough away from schools or other prohibited spaces.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Invisibletrippinballs420
Samall Johnson
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
    #25061424 - 03/13/18 07:55 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Not sure as far as rec is concerned, but for medical you can do that all day. Just become someone's caregiver and you literally get their plant count. And you grow their meds and they pay you for electricity, nutrient, etc..

That's how the Cali med scene flooded the whole country with weed, without being super worried while growing. Buy 100 acres of land, get a bunch of street kids for labor, get them to get med cards with extended plant counts, get them to sign their plant count to you as their caregiver, then let them live on the land for the summer and help with the gardening/harvesting - if you get raided you have all the paperwork thats legit

--------------------
ModestMouse said:
"Much love for all of the regs here that's all I got to say
:goodnight: "

:heart:

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

#25061476 - 03/13/18 08:17 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

I would go somewhere cool and do that like Lake Tahoe.  I don't know their local laws but I'm guessing they're fairly lax.  I know where I'm at there's no outdoor growing allowed in the county but it still happens on a pretty large scale.

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: A question for those with knowledge of Ca cannabis laws [Re: unam sanctum]
    #25061648 - 03/13/18 09:54 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

The price of pot is going to plummet!  I know a guy who grew 50 pounds in his backyard with his six plants.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: A question for those with knowledge of Ca cannabis laws [Re: sunshine]
    #25061766 - 03/13/18 11:14 PM (6 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

sunshine said:
The price of pot is going to plummet!  I know a guy who grew 50 pounds in his backyard with his six plants.

Havn't touched that stuff in years, but I can see that. Hopefully it does, too, to put an end to all the illegal sketchy drug dealing going on.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck