Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: MissAnthropy]
    #25030840 - 03/01/18 03:34 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

That is really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMateo
High on LIFE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Europe
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25033589 - 03/02/18 12:34 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

You probably have a very strong stomach acid that can break down THC or something similar.
It obviosly works when you smoke so if you get it into the system it will work, ie. THC into the bloodstream.
Putting something with THC up where the sun never shines would probably work.

--------------------
A wise rat has many holes

Edited by Mateo (03/02/18 01:40 PM)

Offlinesemil-in-bucks
Half way to dangerous
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: Mateo]
    #25043382 - 03/06/18 04:00 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Thinking it's down to your gut environment, absorption and that.
Are you, by nature a skinny person, the kind of person to which weight gain just never happens?
Possibly you're naturally indisposed to absorbing fats and oils?

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: Shroomism]
    #25047886 - 03/08/18 05:19 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Way to much TLDR to read the entire thread but I did go through your initial post.

Have you tried any sort of other injestion method besides inhalation and eating them?  Like, are there any sort of sublingual pot related things you can try?  Generally if you can get something that absorbs via the sublingual route then you can rule out a ton of body functions that could be the impairment of you getting impaired. :laugh:

Obviously as you know I haven't had anything to do with weed since before we even met, back in the dark ages of cannabis, so I have no idea if anyone has invented anything of the sort yet or if its even possible for THC to pass sublingually.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: mndfreeze] * 2
    #25061640 - 03/13/18 09:51 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I recall sublingual cannabis tincture working to a degree.. That's why I'm 95% sure it's something with the digestive tract. Will have to give it another try sometime.
I don't think sublingual gives quite the same effects as eating it though :bored:

Quote:

semil-in-bucks said:
Thinking it's down to your gut environment, absorption and that.
Are you, by nature a skinny person, the kind of person to which weight gain just never happens?
Possibly you're naturally indisposed to absorbing fats and oils?

Yes, 100%. I thought I explained this in the OP but I have been 6'2" ~160lbs-175lbs my whole adult life, I'm naturally skinny, it's REALLY hard for me to gain weight, like almost impossible.
Like other people have gotten upset that I can eat whatever and still be skinny as fuck
My metabolism is absolutely insane. If I eat too much junky food late at night, my body will flush it out by the morning.. through PROFUSE sweating while I sleep. Like I can wake up completely drenched from head to toe with soaking wet sheets. Not so great. Luckily that only seems to happen rarely.. usually when I gorge myself late at night before bed.
Other people have also commented that I have a stomach of steel and can eat things that would give them crazy heartburn or bloating or whatever.
I also have pretty oily hair/skin naturally.. them damn Italian genes. But yeah, I'm like 95% sure it boils down to something with my gut or metabolism. Gotta be.

--------------------

InvisiblePsilosion

#25061675 - 03/13/18 10:14 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Edibles have only worked on me once when I was around 18, and had no idea what to expect. I thought I was going to die, I could feel every cell in my body and the blood flow through my veins, my heart felt like a drum inside my chest. Also had lag from my brain to motor functions, anything I wanted to move would move 3 seconds later. I then slept for a good 10 hours and woke up a little high.

These brownies were from homemade special oil as well. I've try a few edibles every year just to see if anything happens and still nothing so far.

Offlineserendipitythenot
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: Psilosion]
    #25068435 - 03/16/18 11:00 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I realize this is a bit of an older topic but I wanted to ask anyways: have you experienced anything similar with any other ingested drugs as well, or just the edibles? Do you drink alcohol at all? Have you tried taking strong edibles following a short fast(8 - 12 hours)? Or, better yet, even following the breaking of a short fast with a small, light snack(such as a few crackers)? What's your diet like? Do you take any medications or supplements daily(or close to it)?

I ask because I've had similar sorts of issues in the past(albeit somewhat inconsistently), as has my dad; admittedly though this wasn't *just* edibles but with other drugs too... so perhaps a bit different from your situation but I find it all intriguing none the less =)

While I've yet to find the perfect answer, there were a few things that have helped, such as the fasting & quitting drinking. Interestingly, it sounds like the 3 of us have a similar body type & metabolism, too. I assume you're correct when you say it must have something to do with metabolism and/or the gut but beyond that....?  :shrug:  Weird stuff!

OfflineBlipstir
Human
I'm a teapot

Loc: CO Mountains
    #25069998 - 03/17/18 12:11 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I'm the same way OP. There has been well over 15 times where my friends and I make our own edibles or have gotten them through other friends and they are all borderline tripping rolling around on the ground, laughing at the dumbest shit and falling a sleep while I'm sitting there sober as fhug.

I've heard it all, edibles were not strong and your friends are high on placebo, you didn't eat enough, you didn't use enough weed, the edibles you bought were bunk.

My friends and I all had at least 6-10 years of cannabis use so we were no noobs. The only time I was able to get high off edibles was when I broke my 5 months no-smoking break. I ate 2 MEGA buttery cookies my friend made each with 2.5 grams in them and a third cookie with 5 grams in it back-to-back on a completely empty stomach. I waited for about 20 to 30 minutes and smoked a big bong bowl. after about an hour and a half I suddenly realized I was REALLY stoned, and then realized I was tripping lol. I tired the same dosage with the exact same batch of cookies a week later after not smoking the enitre week and had no effect.

after well over 20 separate times of edibles this has been the only time I was able to acquire an effect of anything. I should mention before my 5 month tolerance break I was smoking like 1-2.5 grams a day of prime bud.

So I guess all I can say would be find a recipe that calls for insane and ungodly amounts of butter, take a long tolerance break and do not eat anything before you go to bed and the day of dosing.

Invisibleds442
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25115383 - 04/05/18 08:36 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

I have never really got high from edibles either. I have had oil my friend would make. I have made butter. I have also tried gummies before and nothing. I heard that its almost hallucinogenic. Doesnt do shit for me. I just take one hit of some good weed and get pretty high. I have never hallucinated from psychedelics either.

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: ds442] * 1
    #25116447 - 04/05/18 05:31 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Everyone does edibles all wrong. I've heard everything. Even with my high ass tolerance, this is what works for me:

1. I just won't fuck with anything lower than 300mg but if I'm using it for sleep I will go with 400 or 500mg. I can handle up to 800mg but I find that it's just a waste and causes my tolerance to skyrocket too much.
2. Eat a light meal, 300 calories or less.
3. WAIT AT LEAST AN HOUR BUT NO MORE THAN AN HOUR AND A HALF. This is critical. If you eat the edible directly after eating, it will be mixed in with all your other food and won't absorb into your intestines. If you eat the edible on an empty stomach, you can get sick and it also won't really work. Waiting an hour after you eat something will leave your stomach empty enough so that the weed can go into your digestive tract efficiently. I forgot where I read this but everyone else attested to it and validated that it worked.
4. Eat the edible. Chew it real good and get a lot of saliva in it. Saliva helps to digest food so that your stomach acids can dissolve it more easily.
5. Initial effects will start 1 hour after ingestion but the peak will not come for about 2 or 3 hours AFTER the initial effects come on. It's sort of like acid in this regard where you sort of think it's not kicking in but then it sort of surprises you a couple hours later.

Hope this helps.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: occollegeboi]
    #25134440 - 04/12/18 10:37 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

You definitely did not read the thread. I've also heard it all. You don't know how to do edibles, blah blah.
800mg isn't shit. I've eaten like 5,000mg on an empty stomach and get nothing. With ZERO tolerance. Then take like 2 hits off a bowl many hours later and get fried.
You want to talk about wasting weed. I've eaten mountains of ganja food and it is ALWAYS a total waste. To the point where I'm gagging because I can't choke down all the ganja food.
Hour and a half.. 6 hours.. 500mg.. 6,000mg.. brownies that killed 10 other people who are now glued on the floor, I eat the whole goddamn tray... doesn't matter. Tell me how I'm doing it wrong.
This has been going on for a good 15 or so years now, I've given up and tried again like 20 different times. Every year or so, I will try eating a whole bunch of edibles all at once, to see if it has any effect... nope.
(I save up edibles I get throughout the year)
I've tried it so many times, it's almost verging on complete lunacy to continue trying.

Hope that helps.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: serendipitythenot]
    #25134473 - 04/12/18 10:55 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

serendipitythenot said:
I realize this is a bit of an older topic but I wanted to ask anyways: have you experienced anything similar with any other ingested drugs as well, or just the edibles? Do you drink alcohol at all? Have you tried taking strong edibles following a short fast(8 - 12 hours)? Or, better yet, even following the breaking of a short fast with a small, light snack(such as a few crackers)? What's your diet like? Do you take any medications or supplements daily(or close to it)?

I ask because I've had similar sorts of issues in the past(albeit somewhat inconsistently), as has my dad; admittedly though this wasn't *just* edibles but with other drugs too... so perhaps a bit different from your situation but I find it all intriguing none the less =)

While I've yet to find the perfect answer, there were a few things that have helped, such as the fasting & quitting drinking. Interestingly, it sounds like the 3 of us have a similar body type & metabolism, too. I assume you're correct when you say it must have something to do with metabolism and/or the gut but beyond that....?  :shrug:  Weird stuff!

I do not drink alcohol. Well, only very rarely and in extreme moderation (like 1-2 beers every month or two srsly...) 2 beers is enough to get me buzzed as fuck.
I do not have any issues processing any other drugs.. in fact I'm super sensitive to a lot of drugs. 
My diet is pretty good overall, although I do consume a lot of sugar.  I don't take any medication or supplements.
I have tried edibles after fasting - yes. After fasting with zero tolerance even. And massive.... massive doses. Nothing, light buzz at the absolute most. It's extremely odd.

--------------------

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

#25136217 - 04/13/18 04:06 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
You definitely did not read the thread. I've also heard it all. You don't know how to do edibles, blah blah.
800mg isn't shit. I've eaten like 5,000mg on an empty stomach and get nothing. With ZERO tolerance. Then take like 2 hits off a bowl many hours later and get fried.
You want to talk about wasting weed. I've eaten mountains of ganja food and it is ALWAYS a total waste. To the point where I'm gagging because I can't choke down all the ganja food.
Hour and a half.. 6 hours.. 500mg.. 6,000mg.. brownies that killed 10 other people who are now glued on the floor, I eat the whole goddamn tray... doesn't matter. Tell me how I'm doing it wrong.
This has been going on for a good 15 or so years now, I've given up and tried again like 20 different times. Every year or so, I will try eating a whole bunch of edibles all at once, to see if it has any effect... nope.
(I save up edibles I get throughout the year)
I've tried it so many times, it's almost verging on complete lunacy to continue trying.

Hope that helps.

I did read the thread. I even posted earlier. I'm sorry for offending you. I wonder if IV injection of delta-11 thc would create the same high as eating edibles.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: occollegeboi]
    #25137951 - 04/14/18 09:19 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Perhaps, but mainlining THC is probably where I draw the line heh

--------------------

OfflineBandboy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: serendipitythenot]
    #25178393 - 05/01/18 04:55 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I used to get loaded on edibles, especially when I was a  teenager. Even a few years ago they worked. The last five years I get no effect at doses that are decimating all the other eaters. No problem smoking. A couple of hits and I am high.  My dealer gave me some frozen cookie dough, warning not to eat more than half a cookie. I ate 3. Nothing. I am eating my last 4 cookies tonight, then it's just smoking.

I am also thinking if I am having a nutritional absorbing problem that could be a health problem. Next doctor visit I'll see what she thinks.

OfflineDannyvtine
Stranger
    #25265789 - 06/13/18 02:09 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I also have this problem i drank a 1,000mg bottle of Moon walk and nothing but a buzz.

I have a theory so first off we all know our bodies main function after a good sesh is removing the toxins aka the THC from your body.
With that in mind, what if after constant ingestion of edible your stomach begins to react the same way it reacts when you over eat which is "the shits." Is it possible that instead of completely digesting the edible it breaks down the edible enough to be able to drop into your intestine.(in a case of undigested food your stool would appear green)

If that's the problem can a possible solution be a small meal prior to consumption to kick start your metabolism and allow the edible to be broken down further or even fully?

I'm just spit balling here and after reading so many different post its the best conclusion i drawn up. I apologize for my lack of punctuation don't forget to pause and breathe.

I will be testing my hypothesis myself aswell lol.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: Dannyvtine] * 1
    #25268961 - 06/14/18 10:22 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Not for me. I've tried literally everything I can thing of.

Eating a small meal before. Fasting... eating a big meal..
Eating Mangos an hour before. Lipase supplements.. Lemons.. Coconut oil
And more edibiles and 10x higher doses then my friends who get completely fucked off the same batch. Nothing really helps at all.
Really don't think it has anything to do with toxins or whatever... I've never been able to get fucked on edibles and was trying for like 15 years.
Genes/Metabolism/Gut bacteria is my best guess at this point.

Latest trip to the dispensary, I talked to one of the workers about it and they told me it's not uncommon at all. She estimated like 1/10 people that she talks to has a similar issue and get nothing from edibles.

Glad at least, I'm not alone on this. Heh

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #25269016 - 06/14/18 11:08 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

U should form an NA, Not-getting-high Annoymous group :grin:

OfflineFreakofnature
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: South Aus
Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25289198 - 06/24/18 12:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I reckon you might be on to something with the gut flora Shroomism.

For years and years I was the same as you. No matter what I did, what recipes, how much I ate, I got absolutely no effect from them.

The only reason I can think of for suddenly being able to get effects ...was after having severe food poisoning.

I took antibiotics which I had never done before...and followed that up with plenty of probiotics.

These days I still seem to be less sensitive than most people for edibles...but they definitely finally work and it's fucking sweet (haha sorry).

Maybe it was related, maybe it wasn't but it's the only thing I can think of. So yeah try probiotics??
I would say nuke your digestive track if you are super desperate but that has significant downsides and chances are I'm wrong so don't listed to me :P

Also I find they work best if you eat a highly fatty meal beforehand, say one hour (the fattier and bigger the better!)...then follow that up with a light meal an hour after taking them, really helps to get them to kick in.

Took a LOT of trial and error but that's how I get them to work. Either it was the gut bacteria that changed...or I wasn't eating enough fat beforehand to overcome first pass metabolism...I've got a  fast metabolism which sounds similiar to yours, might also be playing a part.

Invisiblenatzyshroomer
Star gazer

Re: Why can I not get high from edibles? [Re: Freakofnature]
    #25289993 - 06/24/18 09:31 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Similar prob so i just smoke...
i think its metabolism

--------------------
All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds