Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIgelstachel
Stranger

Loc: Germany
Microdosing mushrooms against Migraines * 2
    #25060357 - 03/13/18 11:33 AM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Hi there,
im new to this forum and want to share my journey against migraines and would be interested in other experiences.

I suffer from migraines as long as i can remember, at the age of 40 i stopped all the treatments doctors prescribed and tried psychedelics.
(stopped Rizatriptan, Sumatriptan, Metroprolol succinate, Ibu and so on...)

Like Triptan LSD,LSA, and Mushrooms dock onto the 5-HT receptors in the brain. Not all at the same, but with similar results.

First i had to get rid of the Metroprolol succinate, it is mainly used in patients with cardiovascular problems. But also helps with migraines, but makes me tired. Took about 6 weeks and migraines got worse.

Then i started with 1P-LSD at about 10ug every 3 days in the morning.
1P-LSD is not scheduled in Germany at the moment, so it was my first choice. I took a 100ug stamp and put it in 100ml of Vodka.
So 10ml of Vodka (stored in a brownglas in the fridge) is equal to more or less 10ug.

The migrain frequency changed significantly from about 2-3 times a week to 1 attack every 2 weeks. Or when i made everything wrong that a migraine patient could do, like completely change my sleeping routine or stayed up all night.

Other effects of the microdosing i experienced where:
Pro:
remembering people i had long forgotten about.
enhanced activity, like doing more housekeeping things and more sport.
enhanced focus at tasks at work.
enjoying more details
Con:
sometimes a feeling of being a little confused, but not much, still able to work 100% fine. 
(it might help to lower the dose here to 5ug or so)

LSD worked better than the other things doctors prescribed, but i was not able to stop an ongoing attack with LSD. But Rizatriptan did.

Since im not able to "grow" my own LSD i started to cultivate mushrooms. I used cubensis (Amazonian and Ecuadorian Spores).

I dried the shrooms and capsuled them into 200mg portions.
Now im doing the 200mg every 3 days.

The side effects are similar to LSD, but sometimes i get tired when doing them in the morning and started to switch to take them before sleeping.

That seems to be uncommon, friends of mine never get tired of small mushroom dosage, they get more active and awake. I on the other hand can sleep like a baby.

With mushrooms im able stop a migraine attack within 30min or so.
But im still unsure about the right dosage, 200mg works sometimes, sometimes more is better.

To much induces headache itself by (based on what i researched) widening of blood vessels, at least for me with Ecudorian Mushrooms more than 1.5g. Last time with 2g amazonian everything was fine..

I tested the widening of blood vessels theory by treating it with Rizatriptan, that narrows the blood vessels. Maybe not a very smart idea but it worked fine and i had a sitter near by.

This is now going on for about 6 month and i definitely prefer magic mushrooms over the drugs doctors gave me. It is just stupid that there is so so many misinformation and fear in the people. I wish it will become legal some day to help people.

For people with cluster-headache there is a website called clusterbusters org online, there are some studies ongoing and they seem to be in line with my experience with migraines.

Im very happy that mushrooms could help with my migranes, and im also very happy to have found a drug that i like the effects of if taking a higher (but still relatively small) dosage.

I prefer it over alcohol or cannabis. Taking a small dosage and go walking in the forest is much much better than the other stuff.
And im still able to behave and think normally, but im also more able to enjoy the nature the way it is. (30-50ug LSD or 1g Mushrooms)

If you have never tried psychedelics before, like i, and want to try treating your migraines,anxiety, depression or so, i would encourage you to take much time and not do things in a hurry. Try to get LSD or Mushrooms and start with a really low dose like 5ug LSD or 100mg mushrooms on a day without anything else planned. Listen to your body and go for a walk, u probably feel absolutely nothing. But it will be a good day and you can increase the dosage the week after if you like. Or start microdosing like Dr. fadiman suggests. (google microdosing fadiman)

And dont forget to think about your local laws.

I hope that somebody could use some of my experiences and would be interested in your experience with Migraines and Psychedelics.

What is your dosage to stop an ongoing attack? 

Best regards

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Microdosing mushrooms against Migraines [Re: Igelstachel]
    #25060391 - 03/13/18 11:52 AM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Awesome post! Great to hear you're having success and building a life improving regimen

OfflineIgelstachel
Stranger

Re: Microdosing mushrooms against Migraines [Re: feevers]
    #25060423 - 03/13/18 12:07 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Many thanks feevers,
i hope that things are starting to change. some signs are there like:

The California Psilocybin Mushroom
Decriminalization Initiative (#17-0024)

Lets hope it passes and spreads :thumbup:

OfflinePsiguy
Stranger
    #25060526 - 03/13/18 01:06 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

I'm glad it is working for you. I suffer from cluster headaches every year. I've been wanting to try psychedelics for a while now but haven't had the chance.

OfflineIgelstachel
Stranger

Re: Microdosing mushrooms against Migraines [Re: Psiguy]
    #25060633 - 03/13/18 01:57 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Hi Psiguy,

maybe this is useful for you:
Response of cluster headache to psilocybin and LSD

N is the Number of Patients, this study is not that representative but still interresting:

And maybe you are near this guys:
New Clinical Study of Cluster Headaches, Investigating the Efficacy of Psilocybin, is Now Recruiting Participants

If u have trouble getting the substances, i think in a lot of countries LSA containing plants are not illegal.
Like Morning glory seed or Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds.

RESPONSE OF CLUSTER HEADACHE TO SELF-ADMINISTRATION OF SEEDS CONTAINING LYSERGIC ACID AMIDE (LSA)

Edited by Igelstachel (03/13/18 02:06 PM)

OfflineSighLowSighBeen
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25060676 - 03/13/18 02:14 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Awesome!  Glad you have found some relief.  It's a darn shame this medicine is so demonized.

I hope it continues to work for you. :smile:

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Microdosing mushrooms against Migraines [Re: SighLowSighBeen]
    #25060800 - 03/13/18 03:05 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Nice!

I'm from germany, too.
I suffer from cluster-headaches scince I was a teenager (I'm 30 now), and I found mushrooms to do wonders.

I tried sumatriptan & ibuprofen, but haven't been able to stop an attack completly untill I tried psychedelics.

Mushrooms stop each attack within 30 to 50 minutes. When I sense an attack I take half a gram to a gram, then I'm fine.
Scince I first discovered mushrooms like five years ago, my attacks diminished from like three times a month to once in two months, and getting more and more less frequent..

Good to see that it works for migraine also. :thumbup:

-

OfflinePsiguy
Stranger
    #25061329 - 03/13/18 07:05 PM (6 years, 16 days ago)

Igelstachel,

Thank you for all the info. I’ve been using Triptans to stop the cluster headaches but would like to take psychedelics to totally interrupt the cycle. I’ve heard so many success stories from LSD and psilocybin.

Again thanks for the links :thumbup:

OfflineBlergs
Stranger

#25064325 - 03/14/18 11:00 PM (6 years, 15 days ago)

I get em weekly  due to car accident years ago. Since micro dosing.  Around 0.2g usually 5 on 2 days off, I have had a great improvement.  Could be genetic  for me too , my mom's got it bad. On some pharmacy med now that was strange.  Might try nudging  her to mushrooms  but she doesn't  even use cannabis  for it.
Any how  enjoy the gifts of nature ! :smile:

OfflineIgelstachel
Stranger

#25064528 - 03/15/18 02:15 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

Psiguy,
i wish u luck to find the right cure!

OfflineIgelstachel
Stranger

Re: Microdosing mushrooms against Migraines [Re: Blergs]
    #25064532 - 03/15/18 02:20 AM (6 years, 15 days ago)

Hi Blergs,
5 on 2 off days is interesting, do you take the microdose in the morning or in the evening?

You can try to show your mom this picture:

And the guy that created the picture:
David Nutt

OfflineBlergs
Stranger

#25064804 - 03/15/18 07:12 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Ty I will look at it. Seems odd cannabis  is so high. Where did u get graph?
I usually  take micro dose within 1-2hrs upon awaking. For me it seems like a mild coffee at low dose and seems to work well.  I haven't tried  it right before bed, because  I feel it might make my sleep worse. But i may try it a couple times in evening and see 
Usually  I'll take dose and eat about 1hr later

OfflineIgelstachel
Stranger

Re: Microdosing mushrooms against Migraines [Re: Blergs]
    #25064925 - 03/15/18 09:01 AM (6 years, 14 days ago)

Yes, it seemed a bit odd to me too.
But i have had some negative sideeffects with cannabis consumtion, but compared to alcohol its negligible.

Here are some sources:

The "mild coffee" feeling is what i heard often, for me it works like a sleeping pill :-)
Maybe another strain of mushrooms will change that, i will keep experimenting.
Just put some tampenensis rye into manure substrate...

OfflineMadcapper144
Drummer
Male User Gallery

#25065963 - 03/15/18 02:27 PM (6 years, 14 days ago)

My mother in law would benifit greatly from this but how do you tell a person who  thinks all drugs are the devil that magic mushrooms could greatly improve her standard of living?

--------------------
Buy the ticket, take the ride!! :fearandloathing:

OfflineIgelstachel
Stranger

Re: Microdosing mushrooms against Migraines [Re: Madcapper144]
    #25068206 - 03/16/18 09:03 AM (6 years, 13 days ago)

Hello Madcapper144,

i think that is the number one question.

After about 40 years of demonizing psilocybin mushrooms it is understandable that people have serious doubt.

Maybe if we collect enough information here and experience reports it could give people some information about the real pro´s and con´s of psilocybin as medicine.

It is hard to convice people raised with the mindset that psilocybin is only bad and has no benefits that a microdose of psilocybin mushrooms is not as much of a drug as a glas of wine.

Sure in higher dosage it has serious sideeffects.
But wine in higher dosage has that too, including death.
Something that basically never happens with mushrooms.

I will see if i can find some official statistics regarding
mushrooms vs other drugs, especially legal drugs.

I think the difference between a drug and a medicin is the dosage and
the intention of the user.

Psilocybin mushrooms sure can be both.

But to medicate migrains u surely dont need a dosage that could be qualified as a drug.

Edited by Igelstachel (03/16/18 09:13 AM)

OfflineMadcapper144
Drummer
Male User Gallery

#25068876 - 03/16/18 02:17 PM (6 years, 13 days ago)

I completely agree. My main goal with mushrooms is to help my wife who has a rare form of ocd where she pulls her hair out mostly unconsciously. It has a specific name though I can't remember what and she has done this ever since she was a little girl. It was most likely brought about by the seperation of her mother and father and though many doctors and many drugs have try'd to fix it nothing works.

Here's one article of a study treating ocd with magic mushrooms and the results are more then promising.

http://reset.me/story/study-shows-psilocybin-mushrooms-alleviate-ocd-symptoms/

I think there's a real untapped potential for the things mushrooms can do to help people with a huge list of mental illnesses . I've been in the mental health field briefly and I have a friend that has made it his career and we've seen the pharmaceutical industry destroy some of the most helpless people with a huge coctail of drugs that does nothing to better the persons mental functions or standard of living. Most of the time these drugs just keep people in a state of stupor unable to act out thier particular phycosis but it in no way makes them less crazy. Mushrooms along with a patient specific diet and proper therepy could revolutionize an entire section of our population we've deemed of no worth!! And it does wonders for people suffering from debilitating migraines too.

--------------------

OfflineIgelstachel
Stranger

#25070915 - 03/17/18 01:09 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

I have found something on reddit.com:

I Suffered From Trichotillomania for 6 years Until Psychedelic Mushrooms Just "Turned it Off"

with a lot of interesting links...

Seems like this person healed him/her self in just one session.

But i think a session including "Ego Death" experience should be done with at least an experienced trip sitter or psychologist.

The perfect trip sitter is of course a loved one.

It is amazing what thinking on that kind of meta-level could archive.

OfflineMadcapper144
Drummer
Male User Gallery

#25071320 - 03/17/18 03:51 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Wow...I don't know what to say...that's exactly what I want to happen to my wife. Thank you so much for sharing that, it really encourages me. I will post a report  as soon, were like 3 weeks from being able to. Thanks again!!

--------------------

OfflineIgelstachel
Stranger

#25071365 - 03/17/18 04:05 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

I wish you and your wife all the luck in the world.

But dont forget that there are risks in higher dosages.
Maybe it is a good idea to start on a low dosage and work your way up or something like that.
Take the time you need and treat mushrooms with respect!

This might help too:
How to TripSit (Safety Guide)

Edited by Igelstachel (03/17/18 04:08 PM)

OfflineMadcapper144
Drummer
Male User Gallery

#25071475 - 03/17/18 04:50 PM (6 years, 12 days ago)

Will do thanks!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals