Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Aldous Huxley

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
reality (what i learned from that artificial synchronisity p
    #2505878 - 04/01/04 04:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i realised that most of what i take to be "reality" is in fact all psudeo-reality, hallucination for the most part. when poeple say stuff i automatically hallucinate it and relate it to myself, as though it were real.
when other poeple talk about themselves, i hallucinate the belief that i am them, or that i'm doing what they talk about.

i discovered this whole structure in my mind, set up to apply imaginary concepts to real things, in order to order it. then i noticed poeple using this system of imaginary labels applied to real things in order to get my REAL actions to go one way or another according to ideas (for instance good or bad) that don't really exsist in the first place!).

also, i realised i can't "See" reality most of the time, very very rarely do things seem "Real"

the most important thing i learned is i most defintely am not anyone else. i am completely myself. no one else feels what i feel, thinks what i think, does the things i do.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
Re: reality (what i learned from that artificial synchronisi [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2506142 - 04/01/04 05:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Read Plato's "the allegory of the cave" if you havent already. Seems pretty similar to the ideas you mentioned. Im sure you could find it in a google search. In fact, here: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/GREECE/ALLEGORY.HTM

It introduces the idea that everything we see is an illusion, or a shadow cast from an actual reality of which we are oblivious. It's a great passage, not to mention one of the most famous of the socratic dialogues.

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Offlinesherlockalien
Stranger
Re: reality (what i learned from that artificial synchronisi [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2506267 - 04/01/04 06:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes you're sort of getting it.. This has been said for thousands of years, in different ways. This was known amongst ancient initiatic orders, in the essence of religions, by certain yogi, and others who had the 'transpersonal experience'.

We are living in a projected reality, in a holographic universe. The information of infinity is right here, but we have been conditioned to stay closed in our own reality-tunnels, ignoring our true selves and Consciousness as it is in potential.

There is work to be done, in order to fully understand it with 'one's whole mass', and not just with the intellectual center.

Reading can be a good start. Gurdjieff, Ken Wilber, Robert Anton Wilson, Krishnamurti, Aldous Huxley are some examples. Psychedelics may be a tool, if rightly used.

One must always remember that he is asleep, in the torpor of cultural conditioning, or else no chance of waking up is possible. One must also not mistake the model for the reality, the menu for the meal, the map for the territory.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: reality (what i learned from that artificial synchronisi [Re: sherlockalien]
    #2507776 - 04/01/04 07:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Although a lame example the matrix is just a modern day version of these Ideas for the masses. This whole reality is just an illusion, we are trapped in its even possible to be traped in an illusion of an illusion by thinking we are awake even though we are still asleep.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Aldous Huxley

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology