Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next > | Last >
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25113772 - 04/04/18 01:40 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
there will be more evidence coming in the weeks and months ahead.  Russian spooks have proven to be pretty sloppy when it comes to these things.

Quote:

Enlil said:
In a few months, it won't matter.  More evidence will surface, and it'll be just like the polonium poisoning.  Everyone will know Russia did it

Looks like more 'evidence' (or lack thereof) has surfaced:

Porton Down experts unable to verify 'precise source of novichok'
Quote:

British scientists at Porton Down have not been able to establish where the novichok nerve agent used to poison Sergei and Yulia Skripal was made, it has emerged.

Gary Aitkenhead, the chief executive of the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) at Porton Down, Wiltshire, said it had not proved it was created in Russia.

Uh oh, and now even more backtracking:

Boris Johnson Under Fire Over Salisbury Russia Claim As Foreign Office Tweet Blaming Moscow Deleted
Quote:

Ministers were already on the defensive after the head of the Porton Down defence laboratory revealed on Tuesday that it had “not identified the precise source” of the poison.

But in a further blow, it emerged that the FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) had deleted a tweet claiming that the UK’s leading defense scientists had indeed concluded that the nerve agent was “produced in Russia”.

Corbyn told ITV News: “Boris Johnson seems to have completely exceeded the information that he had been given. And told the world in categorical terms what he believed had happened and it’s not backed up by the evidence he claimed to have got from Porton Down in the first place."

Jeremy Corbyn faced criticism from Tories and some of his own MPs last month when he asked for more evidence to show Putin had ordered the attack, and refused to rule out the possibility that Moscow had lost control of the material.

Abbott told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that Corbyn had been vindicated for his stance, while Johnson’s own approach begged new questions.

"Boris Johnson going on international media and saying he was 101% certain it was Putin. I don’t understand where he got that information from."

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25119762 - 04/06/18 10:59 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Now that we've learned Britain lied about knowing the poisoning was done by Russia, the mainstream media has suddenly gone surprisingly silent on this story.

For anyone who's still interested, it appears Yulia took a short call from her cousin which her cousin recorded:

(white text is Yulia, red text is her cousin)

Nothing too interesting.  It's hard to tell if Yulia is under duress not to say much, or if she's just not in the mood for talking with her cousin.

Sounds like her dad's going to recover too, though it's hard to know for sure from the discussion.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #25119781 - 04/06/18 11:18 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I see it in the news every day,  and I haven't seen any evidence of Britain lying.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Enlil]
    #25119830 - 04/07/18 12:02 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
I see it in the news every day,  and I haven't seen any evidence of Britain lying.

Here you go:

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25120131 - 04/07/18 07:39 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I don't even see any statement of fact in that video.  It seems like it's a snippet taken out of context.  I don't know how that video serves as evidence of anything.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #25120559 - 04/07/18 11:10 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25120812 - 04/07/18 01:14 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you.  There's the context for Enlil (who I suspect already knew it) and then some.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25127368 - 04/10/18 01:16 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Breaking News:

Yulia Skripal discharged from hospital after Salisbury attack, reports say

It'll be interesting to follow her over the next few days/weeks.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25132279 - 04/12/18 02:15 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

...never to be heard from again, other than a published statement that supposedly came from her that Britain won't allow anyone to verify.

“I have been made aware of my specific contacts at the Russian Embassy, who have kindly offered me their assistance in any way they can,” Ms. Skripa said in a statement released by the Metropolitan Police on Wednesday. “At the moment, I do not wish to avail myself of their services, but if I change my mind, I know how to contact them.”

The statement from Ms. Skripal, 33, met with derision by the Russian authorities, who described it as “an interesting read,” pointedly noting that there was no way to verify the statement and suggesting that the remarks raised more questions than answers.

“We would like to make sure that the statement really belongs to Yulia,” the Russian Embassy in Britain said in a statement on Wednesday. “So far, we doubt it much. The text has been composed in a special way so as to support official statements made by British authorities, and at the same time to exclude every possibility of Yulia’s contacts with the outer world — consuls, journalists and even relatives.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/world/europe/yulia-skripal-russia.html

Yulia Skripal is a Russian citizen.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25132602 - 04/12/18 07:23 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

I can see why she wouldn't want to talk to the Russians who tried to kill her.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Enlil]
    #25132990 - 04/12/18 11:17 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

She's not talking to anyone anymore.  We just have a note that may or may not be from her and that's about it.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25133109 - 04/12/18 12:14 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

More food for thought from the guy who correctly pointed out that the Novichok wasn't necessarily Russian.

Yulia Skripal Is Plainly Under Duress

His logic is sound.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25133123 - 04/12/18 12:23 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like speculation.  The statement has all kinds of awkward and poor English in it.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25133149 - 04/12/18 12:35 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Sounds like speculation.

And what do you call this?
Quote:

Enlil said:
I can see why she wouldn't want to talk to the Russians who tried to kill her.

:flowstone:

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25133243 - 04/12/18 01:19 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

A statement of opinion about her conduct.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25133264 - 04/12/18 01:32 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

and an opinion about who tried to kill her.  :cookiemonster:

Everything is speculation at this point, because Britain isn't allowing ANYONE to talk to Yulia.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25133268 - 04/12/18 01:33 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

That's neither an opinion or a fact.  That's a premise for the opinion.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25133290 - 04/12/18 01:41 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Whatever.  No one's interested in your semantics games.  :whatever:

The FACT is that Britain isn't allowing Russia to contact one of its own citizens.  They could obviously make such a meeting safe for Yulia.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25133317 - 04/12/18 01:55 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

According to Yulia's statement, she doesn't want to talk to them.  Do you believe she should be forced to?

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25133328 - 04/12/18 02:04 PM (5 years, 11 months ago)

How do you know it's Yulia's statement?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom