Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Enlil]
    #25101176 - 03/30/18 01:34 AM (6 years, 19 days ago)

The "world’s deadliest" nerve agent wasn't strong enough to kill anyone.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25101670 - 03/30/18 08:35 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

perhaps Yulia received a very minuscule dose?

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: relic]
    #25101696 - 03/30/18 08:50 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

It didn't kill her father either.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25101712 - 03/30/18 08:57 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

yup.  if the dose was administered via their front door, perhaps its volatility plus the time elapsed between it being put on the door and their contact caused them both to receive a tiny dose?  who knows?  we just (sort of) know that it wasn't put on a rag and wiped on their faces like the scene in the airport with Kim's brother (step brother?) last year.

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: relic]
    #25101716 - 03/30/18 08:59 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

just playing the devil's advocate WRT your statement that it possibly isn't as deadly as we were told.  i certainly don't know.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #25101722 - 03/30/18 09:01 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

You think they would have just gotten up and walked away without treatment?

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue, but something can be deadly without killing everyone in the world.  There are any number of factors at play, not the least of which is the way in which the substance was used.  Let's not forget, Russia fucked up the polonium poisoning two separate times before actually killing that target.  It's not surprising that they would botch this one, too.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Enlil]
    #25101800 - 03/30/18 09:38 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

You think they would have just gotten up and walked away without treatment?

Lol Wut?  No.  Obviously they got something bad.

Quote:

Enlil said:
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue, but something can be deadly without killing everyone in the world.

Did I even hint the world's deadliest nerve agent should kill everyone in the world?  I simply argued that the world's deadliest nerve agent would likely kill it's target.

Quote:

Enlil said:
There are any number of factors at play, not the least of which is the way in which the substance was used.  Let's not forget, Russia fucked up the polonium poisoning two separate times before actually killing that target.  It's not surprising that they would botch this one, too.

Which supports my guess that it wasn't a Russian state actor.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25101820 - 03/30/18 09:45 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

It'll be interesting to see if the daughter brings any new information to light.  If her condition suddenly takes a turn for the worse, then I suspect she wasn't blaming Russia...  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25101827 - 03/30/18 09:47 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

This is typical Russia assassination shit.  Botched attempts, use of exotic materials...It's got Russia written all over it.  It's only a matter of time before even stronger evidence surfaces.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25101834 - 03/30/18 09:50 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Until then, take it to the conspiracy forum.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25101962 - 03/30/18 11:00 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Nice try.  Russian culpability for this attack is mainstream theory.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25102017 - 03/30/18 11:25 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

As was weapons of mass destruction, as was the 'rigged' election in Crimea, as was Trump collusion with Russia, as was...

(sigh)  I'd have thought you'd have learned by now to wait for evidence.  :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleMad_Larkin
    #25102029 - 03/30/18 11:32 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
This is typical Russia assassination shit.  Botched attempts, use of exotic materials...It's got Russia written all over it.  It's only a matter of time before even stronger evidence surfaces.

are we gonna have to wait as long as we're waiting for the "Russian collusion" evidence?

as for the deadliness of the chemical, it could have been used in intentionally low doses in order to fuck up rather than kill. the non-lethal effects are completely debilitating. IF the Russians wanted to send a message to double agents and defectors I'd say this shit would be a pretty good deterrent.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/22/andrei-zheleznyakov-soviet-scientist-poisoned-novichok

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #25102034 - 03/30/18 11:36 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Most likely.  Patience is A virtue.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinealtitudes
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #25102064 - 03/30/18 11:50 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Is there any information as to how the agent was delivered? What I read was pretty vague about being on the front door or something.

The whole thing seems sloppy to me, tbh. Russia knows they're being scrutinized by the world community, so why try an assassination method that could harm innocent bystanders or not even kill the intended target at all?

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: altitudes]
    #25102074 - 03/30/18 11:55 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

because someone had to use a human to deliver the substance to the target and humans are inherently sloppy and prone to fucking up.

Offlinealtitudes
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: relic] * 1
    #25102080 - 03/30/18 11:58 AM (6 years, 18 days ago)

It sounds like the substance can be detected in the blood though, which still makes it an odd choice for assassination at a time with heavy diplomatic tensions.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: altitudes]
    #25102096 - 03/30/18 12:07 PM (6 years, 18 days ago)

why? Russia wanted to everyone to know they are responsible. That is the whole point of a political hit. If you make it look like an accident or a botched robbery, then it doesn't send a message.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (03/30/18 12:08 PM)

Offlinealtitudes
Space Cadet
Male User Gallery

Re: Teresa May takes Russia to task over chemical weapon attack on British soil [Re: koods]
    #25102108 - 03/30/18 12:12 PM (6 years, 18 days ago)

It's just an odd choice for Russia to give anyone ammunition to continue this Cold War 2.0 rhetoric that's been going on.

If it was a few years ago, I'd probably agree with you. But in general, it's not smart to "send a message" to anyone that might increase the scrutiny they already face.

It's similar to Assad using chemical weapons at the absolute worst possible time strategically, losing any support from the world community he might have been gaining.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25102151 - 03/30/18 12:36 PM (6 years, 18 days ago)

Here's a pretty comprehensive update with good pictures:

Russian embassy insists on right to see spy's daughter Yulia Skripal after hearing 'good news' she is 'conscious and talking' following miracle recovery from Novichok poisoning
Quote:

The Russian Embassy posted today: 'Good news as Yulia Skripal is reported as recovering well. We insist on the right to see her, in accordance with the 1968 Consular Convention.' (Yulia is a Russian citizen)
Britain insists there is no plausible alternative explanation for the attack and has dismissed the series of suggestions emanating from Moscow as nonsense.

Britain can't think of any plausible alternatives, and that's their proof it's Russia?!?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder